Beats BeatsX

• Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth

Don’t buy them

I purchased the Beats and after 5 months they wouldn’t charge. I received an replacement and they worked for 8 months. They wouldn’t power once again and I called customer service. They told me they wouldn’t fix the them or replace them because the warranty expired. The warranty starts is from the first pair you buy And not the replacement. I will never purchase a Beat product again.

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon.

Bluetooth

BeatsX die after a year-warranty gone

Sound was thin without base, aggravating my tinnitus. Music sounded terrible. After 14 months after the battery no longer held a charge. That over $7 a month. Don't by them.

Purchased in May 2019 at Apple Physical store for A$99.00.

May

MaySydney, NSW

Nice wireless earphone

I use my BeatsX to listen to music. Overall, the sound volume and sound quality is above average. But there is no noise cancellation. So I can still hear background noise which is annoying. This earphone is perfect for physical activities too. Both earbuds are connected, so it can be easily found whenever I need them. Unfortunately, it has short battery life. I will need to charge it after approximately 4-5 hours of continuous usage.

Purchased in October 2019 at Vodafone for A$139.00.

Ricky

RickySydney, NSW

Good little cute earphone

I use it with my computer to listen to music and YouTube. I like the design of BeatsX where both earbuds are connected with the rubberised flex-form cable, making it suitable for physical activities like running because it will not drop easily. It is interesting to find out that the earbud housings are magnetised, keeping them tangle-free. Overall, I like the sound volume and wireless range. I can easily turn the volume up or down using the control on BeatsX. Once I turn it on, it automatically connected to my computer, fast and easy. I would recommend this product.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$139.00.

Bluetooth

Unable to charge the headphone

This product has a short shelf life . It is overrated . It fails to charge and can’t use for more than year . If you get it replaced within warranty period, then good for you . Else don’t bother to send for Apple repair . Repair cost is almost the same as buying a new one .
Do not buy this product strongly not recommended . Over price and non durable .

Purchased in June 2019.

Bluetooth

Sound quality and battery not great

Recently bought a pair because I wanted some wireless headphones with a long battery lift and they’re advertised as having up to 9 hours. Finding they are running out after 4-5 hours and the sound quality isn’t great, finding myself re-using my $20 headphones with better sound quality and a similar battery life. They’re also not great for working out, the loop tends to fall off when doing bench.

Purchased in May 2020 at Apple Online store for A$130.00.

Jassi M.

Jassi M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I don't know where to start from on this.

First I can't wear it while even walking around as it will fall off.
Lame bass and no low bass.
Not fast connection.
Volume is decent but bass literally disappear at high volume.
My suggestion will be to buy something else instead of this.

Purchased in May 2020 at Costco for A$120.00.

Reet K Kaur

Reet K Kaur

well its just WOW

Got them 2 months ago as my earlier sony ones died. Its easy to connect plus noise cancelling and wireless. sp overall very happy. battery life is quite good as a charge lasts me whole day. best part is it reaches 97% in under 10 mins charge.

Purchased in February 2020 at Myer for A$150.00.

crap quality

I bought this earphone 1 year ago and the product performance is quite unstable, after use for 6 months then it cannot be function anymore I send it to the machines yet still the same thing happened

Purchased in October 2018 at Apple Online store for A$499.00.

Sumit S.

Sumit S.Sydney, NSW

I would not buy it for that price

These headsets had great sound but other that that its just useless. I paid around $150 for these and it was a waste of money. The batteries did not last for more than 3-4 hours specially when making calls and the mic wasn't good without bringing it next to your mouth. So I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$150.00.

Ian

IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ordinary

Pretty pathetic for the price, junk to pair and I have a set of JBL headphones that are better sound quality. For the price, you’d expect better, but then that’s apple for you. Once they get your money they dont give a tinkers.

Purchased in February 2020 at Apple Physical store for A$139.00.

Bluetooth

Now just useless plastic to go in the landfill.

I purchased some Beats x and they paired with my iPhone and iMac and were fine. Then I didn't use them for a while. I charged them last week and turned them on. They would not pair with my devices. I looked the problem up and it was suggested the firmware needed updating. So I downloaded the upgrade. Then when i went to install it I found my software was incompatible and it would not install. My software is up to date. So basically they are now an expensive piece of useless plastic. I am furious and appalled that such a recent purchase is now a throwaway. Shame on you Beats.

OnlineShoppingGuru

OnlineShoppingGuruGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So Bad I'd Rather Die

I have owned these headphones for 2 years. In that time I have replaced them at least 5 times, for they constantly break and are made from cheap materials making them not very durable. If you are looking for some high quality daily-use headphones, I would not suggest these. You are definitely paying for the brand not the actual headphones.

Purchased in July 2019 at Apple Physical store for A$150.00.

Ravi

RaviGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth every penny

If you are into trance and electronic music and if you enjoy flat bass, this is it. Don't look elsewhere. These are absolutely phenomenal. The only little issue is that battery life is not that great. But the sound quality makes that issue rather pity.

Purchased at Costco for A$120.00.

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ok but not great

These headphones are ok if you aren't doing any physical activity (walking/running). I've found that the buds just continuously fall out no matter what buds I use which is a shame but is also a person thing.

The two things I do like is how quick they sync with my iPhone and the quick charge feature (15 minute charge provides roughly an hour of listening). I don't expect full rich sound like 5.1 surround sound but these do the job.

Would I recommend them? Hard to say I would, you defiantly need to try them on before purchasing which would be difficult!

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$169.00.

Andrew57

Andrew57Illawarra, NSW

Ok sound, good battery life, comfortable but lacking feature for price and poor value for money

Purchased in February 2018 at Apple Store Australia.

Michael

MichaelNorth Western Region, NSW

Like the product, just didn’t last

I like my beats x very much. Very clear Bluetooth Calls / music in my car. Stopped charging at 15 mths, just out of warranty. But I will buy another pair.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for A$140.00.

Great sound, poor build

Sound: 4. Call quality: 4. Build 2. Broke after 9 months - simply do not turn on. Apple replaced them, but it's only a matter of time I think until they break again. However features wise it's a great set of headphones. Calls are great, the magnets work well and sound is clear. I only wish it would also power off or pause when the magnets are activated too.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$200.00.

Krit S.

Krit S.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for everyday uses

I’ve been using Beats X for listening to music and phone calling while on the bus and walk. The sound quality is extremely good for average man like me. Suitable for everyday uses., and you can use it for exercise activities since it will stay on your ear and not falls off easily. It also have fast charge capability as well.

I’m very satisfied with this product

Purchased in March 2018 at eBay for A$122.50.

AmyB

AmyBSydney, NSW

Great sound, pity about the longevity

Purchased in July 2018 for A$199.00.