Apple AirPods

• Bluetooth
Sally

Sally

Apple lied to me

Only four months old poor sound. Apple told me on a recorded call that even though I did not have Apple care they would send me a replacement pair by courier and I just needed to send the broken ones back to them. After 8 business days I rang them, they lied to me on the first call as they were not sending any replacement pair to me. Now have to wait for weeks more for repair which I have to organise and a month later. Apple stop lying to customers.

Purchased in July 2020 for $277.00.

Elle

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Use these everyday! Makes working out with music or podcasts so much easier and more comfortable

I was given these as a gift from my BF and they have honestly been the biggest game changer to my workouts! Usually I would struggle with the headphone cords when running or lifting weights but the fact these can just sit securely in my ears is amazinggg. I don’t even notice they’re there!

Purchased in January 2021 at Apple Store Australia.

Rubbish. Waste of money.

My Airpods constantly disconnect from my Macbook. Very frustrating. I wish I had never bought them. They work ok on my iphone but not on my Macbook. I expected much better.

Find out how Apple AirPods compares to other Wireless Headphones

Keep perfectly still or they fall out

Sound and features are great! What a pity they fall out of my ears every 30sec (10sec if I’m running), ditto when my wife uses them. Make sure you have ears that meet Apple specs or you are out of luck.

Purchased in November 2020 for $399.00.

David AUS

David AUSSydney, NSW

Overprice and after 2.5 years ended up in the landfill

Overprices buds and short shelf life. After 2.5 years my AirPods battery only last 20 min.

Forget about warranty, Apple won’t replace. However they charge more than a new one for a replacement under their care policy.

Better ended buying Jabra, that has a better battery and way better sound quality.

Purchased in February 2019 at Apple Online store for $249.00.

Dave

DaveDarwin, NT

Typical apple product all show no go

Battery life abysmal. Non repairable and not even good for recycling.
Have tried all the ‘fixes’ to try to stop right one shutting down after a minute or so.
I won’t be replacing these with an apple product.

Purchased for $250.00.

Karl F.

Karl F.Sydney, NSW

It works perfect!

I was skeptical when I first saw the AirPods. It was looking awkward and was too expensive for my taste. Until I started hearing reviews from my friends! Everybody who owns it, gives 5 star! I had to try myself. I am glad I did it. I love it now. It is just a perfect product

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $239.00.

Joel

JoelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overrated Earphones

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

Happy customer

Happy customerPerth, WA

AirPods

How can we live without our AirPods?
At times they do fall out of the ears, however they are comfortable wearing.
Surprised they are a little heavier than expected but at least I know I have them.
A great idea to have the storage case to charge.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Try befor you buy

Try befor you buyIllawarra, NSW

Can’t live without them

Love, love, love my AirPods and couldn’t live without them. I use my AirPods daily listening to podcasts, music and all my phone calls I have the freedom to continue doing tasks without having to hold the phone. The clarity and volume is very good and when walking they fit well I have covers for the pods which help keep them in place when doing vigorous exercise, I highly recommend Apple AirPods to anyone who leads an active busy life and needs to multi task.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Cazza

CazzaPerth, WA

I use them a lot ,but.......

I listen to music and you tube with my headphones, I don’t really do any running or cycling with them in. The volume of the headphones is good, the wireless range is good if the way is clear, but in the house, walls can make the sound break up. I was cleaning the pool on the side one day with them in, playing my music and one fell in the pool, I got it out and it was fine, one has been in the washer too and survived!

Purchased in November 2019 for $250.00.

Sarah

SarahPerth, WA

Amazing quality!

Great wireless earphones that are super great for normal everyday tasks. Many of my family members own them. Only doubt is they can fall out easily. But i absolutely recommend!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Apple Physical store for $249.00.

Molly

MollySouth East Queensland, QLD

Best rear phone ever

Best ear phone ever I used. Great
Very easy to use. Fast connection.
Wireless charger is always handy.
I always suggest if you want to buy ear phone go with apple. Always the best

Phuong

PhuongVictoria

the headphones are suitable for physical activities such as running and cycling
I am satisfied with the sound volume of the headphones
and with the wireless range of these headphones

AirPods started heating up in the left ear

I’ve been using it for less than a year and recently about 2 weeks back, the left AirPod started heating up and it got hotter and hotter to the point that it’s very noticeable and very uncomfortable. Note that I only used for 10mins and the next moment I checked, the left side AirPods dropped 40%. Meaning the right AirPods was 95% & left is 52%. Called Apple and they are replacing a new one for me because it’s still under warranty. The sound is good and all but when I’m in a noisy train, I have to blast my music because I can hear the surrounding noise. When I am on a call, the other person on the call cannot hear me well.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.

love them!

I love the new AirPods pro. The noise cancellation has been great, I use them instead of the normal beats headphones that I use and perfect on planes. although apple is not the first to do things, they are always done so well.

Purchased at Apple Online store.

Cat C

Cat CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pretty disappointing and not worth the trouble

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $275.00.

So good noise cancelling

I wear them for uni at campus. The library air con is loud as f and it cancels it out and focuses he music. Sometimes the headphones tune into conversations but it’s not that bad. I’ve had previous AirPods and this is the best one. Fits in the ear and stays put when exercising.

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $400.00.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Waste of money after 12 months defective and apple giving me run around

Left headphone no longer as loud have been to Apple store got told to ring helpline checked firmware updates ect jumped through all the hoops they then want to charge for a replacement when I could buy whole new set of another brand for less. Another blatant abuse of market power. I’m annoyed I even bothered replacing the one I lost and got nipped the first time. Can’t wait to convert my sales team from iPhones and iPads next upgrade bye bye Apple forever.

Purchased in May 2019 for $300.00.

Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

So easy to use and portable

i was surprised how easy to pair it.
And the case is much smaller than I thought, comparing to SONY WF1000XM3B.
It doesn't come with noise cancellation but sound quality is reasonable.

Purchased in June 2020 for $253.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about Apple AirPods

What is the difference between the normal Charging Case and the Wireless Charging Case?

While both cases can be carried around in your pocket and will recharge your Airpods on-the-go, there are two different ways to recharge the case itself. The normal case charges by plugging a cable into the wall, the same way many devices are charged. The Wireless Case can also be recharged using a wireless charging pad (with the normal cable charge also being a back-up option). So if you don't have (or don't want to buy) a wireless charging pad, there's no need to pay extra for the Wireless Charging Case.

Latest Consumer Questions

King Bob Minion

King Bob Minionasked

Airpods 1st Gen

Why are they so expensive for 1st gen? Looks great. Reckon you could get with them with $170. Just asking pleeeeeeeeeease my son really wants them but everywhere is to expensive. Thanks

The popular Apple Airpods are a convenient and stylish way to listen to music on the go. Simply pop them back into their sleek and compact charging case, and slide them into your pocket when you’re done.

Features:

• 5 hours listening time or up to 3.5 hours of talk time
  • Multifunctional - can use them at work uni or while exercising
  • Compact charging case, so you easily slip them into your pocket
  • There’s the option to choose between the standard charging case and a wireless charging case. The standard charging case can only be charged via a cable, whereas the wireless charging case gives you the option to charge via cable or a wireless charging pad.

What reviewers loved about Apple Airpods:

• The Apple Airpods easily pair with phones, making it a simple process to transition from listening to music to answering calls
  • As these wireless headphones are so light, they were comfortable to wear for long periods of time
  • Since these headphones are multifunctional, you can use them at work or uni. They're also suitable for exercise such as running and cycling.
  • Reviewers appreciated the vibrant and clear sound these headphones produced.
Compare all 3 Apple AirPods
Apple Airpods 1st Gen
  • Discontinued

Apple Airpods 1st Gen

4.4
CategoryWireless HeadphonesWireless HeadphonesWireless Headphones
Price (RRP) $249.00$319.00$229.00
TypeIn-EarIn-EarIn-Ear
FeaturesCharging Case, Microphone Included and True Wireless (Earbuds Only)Charging Case, Microphone Included and True Wireless (Earbuds Only)Charging Case, Microphone Included and True Wireless (Earbuds Only)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhite