Bernina 1008

Bernina 1008

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

The bernina 1008 is just the best bernina has ever made I've had mine for about 2.5yrs. I absolutely love it.

It's a brilliant machine. I can't fault the 1008.it handles well and is solidly built.
It can handle lots of thicknesses of fabric..obviously use shmetz needles with a bernina. I've had my 1008 for around 2.5 yrs and I wouldn't swap it for any other

Purchased in December 2017 at Bernina for A$999.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Advanced
mizjayne

mizjayneVictoria, Australia

Absolute Winner

I work as a costume designer & mobile seamstress, so I take my machine all sorts of places to sew. Schools, fashion parades, photo shoots, celebrity appearances, you name it, I need a reliable machine that can travel with me.
My Bernina 1008 has been working hard along side me for 20 years. She’ll sew anything at a minute’s notice. Leather, denim, canvas, wool, sheer silks, suits, ball gowns, kids uniforms, curtains, cushion covers, millinery, i’ve even repaired shoes.
This machine can manage any weight of Fabric & can manage 12 hour days for a week. I get her serviced every 3 or 4 years.
I also have a 1010, that is equally as good.
I would never be without a Swiss made, metal housed Bernina.

Date PurchasedNov 1998

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Bernina 1008 compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

private

private

Excellent! Virtually unbreakable and all metal motor and body / casing for the machine.

A great machine favoured by schools as it is reliable and tough, despite being roughly handled at times by students. Sews all fabrics well. Being manual, re the tension- the small screw on the bobbin case may need to be adjusted for correct lower thread tension if changing the thread thickness. Very rarely a small fuse can blow, in some machines, but it is easily replaced. This machine is built to last.
It doesn't have an automatic needle threader or automatic sizing buttonhole foot ( it has 4 steps) , but it is a quality machine that people just keep, when they have one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2002