Bernina 1008

Bernina 1008

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

mizjayne

mizjayneVictoria, Australia

Absolute Winner

I work as a costume designer & mobile seamstress, so I take my machine all sorts of places to sew. Schools, fashion parades, photo shoots, celebrity appearances, you name it, I need a reliable machine that can travel with me.
My Bernina 1008 has been working hard along side me for 20 years. She’ll sew anything at a minute’s notice. Leather, denim, canvas, wool, sheer silks, suits, ball gowns, kids uniforms, curtains, cushion covers, millinery, i’ve even repaired shoes.
This machine can manage any weight of Fabric & can manage 12 hour days for a week. I get her serviced every 3 or 4 years.
I also have a 1010, that is equally as good.
I would never be without a Swiss made, metal housed Bernina.

Date PurchasedNov 1998

sad sewer

sad sewerWigton Cumbria

I love it but ...

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Excellent! Virtually unbreakable and all metal motor and body / casing for the machine.

A great machine favoured by schools as it is reliable and tough, despite being roughly handled at times by students. Sews all fabrics well. Being manual, re the tension- the small screw on the bobbin case may need to be adjusted for correct lower thread tension if changing the thread thickness. Very rarely a small fuse can blow, in some machines, but it is easily replaced. This machine is built to last.
It doesn't have an automatic needle threader or automatic sizing buttonhole foot ( it has 4 steps) , but it is a quality machine that people just keep, when they have one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2002