Bernina 820

• Thick Fabric Performance

Glenda B.

Glenda B.Launceston, TAS

A lemon

I purchased this machine as a treat to replace a good old basic Brother Machine...well it has given me no end of trouble and been back to the manufacturer for obvious faults within the warranty period. The main problem is the bobbin area which continually jams causing frustrating sewing. I am using the recommended (expensive) thread. My trusty old Brother has come to the rescue time and time again...finally packed it up yesterday to trade in on a new Brother machine, if anyone will take it. Fingers crossed. I am an experienced quilter/ home dressmaker ..do not buy this lemon 2nd hand from anyone. Not worthy of any stars, but have to put one in.

Purchased in June 2015 for $6,500.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Advanced

Val

ValKiama

820 Threading Problem

This is my replacement machine so the second to have the same problem
If I am lucky enough to have it thread, then it’s fine. Lots of room to work. Love the space to the right of the needle
The Bernina service people and the lady who has handled my calls indicate user error
I spend more time try to thread this lemon of a design than actually sewing
I’m at my wits end

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Love to Sew

Love to SewCANBERRA

The most divine Bernina ever!

Jenniemcc

JenniemccAU

It's fabulous

I'm very happy with my machine. So user friendly and took very little time to familiarise myself with and use the features.

Hazel35
Hazel35

I have found the tension dreadful drives me crazy