Bernina 215

Bernina 215

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bernina? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

sallygrMurray Mallee, SA

perfect sewing machine for classes

I purchased this machine to use at classes as my original Bernina 1260 is 25 years old and is very heavy to carry. The 215 does everything I expected it to do, perfect stitches, easy to change stitches with keypad and best of all the bobbin is the same size as the 1260 so I didn't need to rush out and buy more bobbins. I love the 10 year warranty the solid build and the comforting noise when I sew any thickness of fabric

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    YoungSan
    YoungSanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent with some reservations

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    kaen
    kaenSydney, NSW

Can highly recommend this machine

Great little machine. Clean, compact & user friendly. This is my first machine and it has been wonderful to learn on. Have only had it a few weeks but I feel Im progressing quite well thanks to the machine.
    Im not sure if Im allow to post this link but these tutorials made life much easier too https://sewingmastery.com/bernina-215/

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Love my Simply Red B215

This is a very solid, smaller size sewing computer. It has replaced the 830 Record I purchased used, 34 years ago.

The B215 is very similar to the 830 Record and fits nicely in the red hard case I fortunately didn't part with! To secure the sewing table on the side of the case, one end of the part that turns to lock it in did need to be ground off a little.

My Simply Red B215 has been trouble-free while I've put it to work piecing blocks, sewing pot holders, hemming cotton and knit fabrics, and adding binding to quilts.

For me, simple is often more enjoyable. In the case of my sewing computer/machine, it certainly is.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Bernina 215 compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Lynn
    Lynnasked

Is the shaft on the b215 simply red a low shaft ? Thank you

Karen Nasked

I have trouble trying to remove the extension sewing table from the 215 Bernina. Its the plastic see through type, not the button release model. Instruction manual not very explanatory. I cant get it off.

sallygr

I hold it at the end with one hand and with the other hold closer to the side of the machine and sort of put my weight behind that had and push with one on the machine and pull the other end very gently of course. Have never had a problem I guess because I have a 1260 (25 years old) and it is similar - although that one has pins too

Karen N

Thank you for your advice Sallygr, but still cant budge it. Only had Bernina for a month. Might take it back to shop and get them to show me. Never had problems like this years ago with sewing machine extension tables, lol.

Nedds
    Neddsasked

Where can I get information on accessories for Bernina 215, such as the sewing table that can be attached to the ssewing machine, bobbins and sewing needles. Can I use the universal ones?

sallygr

the sewing table came with my Bernina 215, but I am sure you can purchase one from your local Bernina dealer. I have to admit that I always use Bernina bobbins as I have two machines that take the same size bobbin and as for the needles yes you can use universal ones.

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers