Bissell PowerFresh Deluxe 1979F

Bissell PowerFresh Deluxe 1979F

MPN: 1979F
See the Best Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bissell? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Marshall P.
Marshall P.Perth, WA

Stopped working twice!!

Bought the first one for $300, steam stopped working after 6 months had it replaced under warranty and was told we couldn’t replace it again. 6 months later the same issue, No Steam!!! Recommend looking for another brand!

Purchased in June 2017 for $300.00.

Shellby
ShellbyMid North Coast, NSW

Fantastic Steam Mop

Purchased in July 2021 at Harvey Norman for $249.00.

Alec2smart
Alec2smartAU

Super product

Not sure how anyone can give this thing less than five stars - gives outstanding results, is very reasonably priced - is very durable - just an awesome bit of gear - love it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Kind
KindSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Mop!

I wanted to upgrade my kmart steam mop which I'd had for two years. After some research I chose the bissell powerfresh deluxe steam mop and boy what a game changer!
I absolutely love everything about this mop, my tiled floors have never looked so good!

Purchased in April 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $299.00.

Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Find out how Bissell PowerFresh Deluxe 1979F compares to other Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Unsatisfied
UnsatisfiedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not the greatest

Water tank only fits 400ml not 560ml. Unit is very unstable & falls over too easily. Only time unit actually steams is when the trigger is pressed. Supposed to not hold trigger all the time but doesn’t steam unless you do. Floor left bit wet.

Purchased in December 2020 for $259.00.

save your money

Contacted Bissell because I assumed my unit was a dud, only to be told it wasn't. My mop struggles to keep steam and I have to keep releasing the squeeze handle every 5 seconds and wait at least another 10 seconds for the steam to build up each time. It also makes a knocking sound like its struggling to create steam. There definitely seems to be something wrong but apparently this is "normal" according to customer service when I called to complain. I've watched demo videos and mine does not steam like theirs.
Buy another brand, my last mop was far steamier and worked better than this piece of junk.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

Shelly
ShellyPerth, WA

I love this mop !

Prior to purchasing, I had owned a monster mop. I had endless problems and after 2 years it stopped working. Did some research and this recommendation came up. It’s absolutely brilliant at cleaning! After just one use my floors are transformed. I love the scrubbing brush as it has transformed my grout.

Positives :
Heats up quick
Flexible swivel head
Easy to switch to scrubbing brush for tricky spots, grout and tough stains.
Long cord.
Scented discs smell fantastic

Cons:
You have to hold your finger on the trigger release constantly whilst cleaning.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

leaves water streaks

Doesnt produce much steam even on the highest settings. Leaves water streaks, a scrub brush followed by a mop does a much better job on my tile floors. A waste of time and money

Purchased in March 2020 at Vacuums2go for $120.00.

Mike
MikeMelbourne

Good, but steaming continuously leaves water streak

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $249.00.

Brent
BrentSydney Surrounds, NSW

Performs well!

Love my Powerfresh - I was looking for something to clean my tiles without using chemicals, and after much research of various steam mops this one for the money was a winner for me. The pads attach via elastic which is great, and aren’t cheap Velcro ones which rolls under like on other mops. And all you need is tap water, no detergents to add in order to sanitise. Love the swivel head, and it’s a nice large mop head which means I end up getting the cleaning done quicker. It glides really easily over the tiles, and I manage to get all my three tiled rooms cleaned on a single tank - which can be refilled without having to turn the mop off and waiting for it to cool. Whole heartedly recommend!!

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $219.00.

Kimberley A.
Kimberley A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent steam mop, was everything I wanted for my huge house full of tiles

I moved into a house with tiles that I don't think had ever been properly cleaned, the grout looked black in most places but I could see it was white in the corners. The picture speaks for itself, the scrubbing attachment worked wonders. Heats up extremely fast, no downtime when you need to fill it back up and the tank seems to last forever. Great mop.

Purchased in January 2020 at Billy Guyatts for $238.99.

Danielle Shelbourne
Danielle ShelbourneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Buy Bissell Products

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for $299.00.

Ana
AnaPerth

Effortless cleaning

Amazing cleaning using the steam feature, even caked in grease from the kitchen floor comes out in a couple of strokes, no need to rub or kneel down to clean!!! Absolutely amazing and the whole floor surface looks like new!! Worth every cent!!! The floor is left dry after cleaning, the cord is sufficiently long to cover the whole area and you don't need to refill the tank, it is big enough for a big area!!

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $259.00.

Quiet system but works a treat

Just bought it from Turners and works super good. Didnt leave my floor wet for long compared to my old ones and no streaks. Impressed with the long cord and lightless. You get what you pay for.

Purchased in December 2019 for $229.00.

Mich159
Mich159Sydney, NSW

Very disappointed

I bought this mop 2 weeks ago with high expectation
Tried it out today, it left my floor very wet
When the floor dried, it left streak marks
I can hear the steam but can't see it coming out of the mop
It is such a waste of money.

I would not recommend this.

Will contact the store to see if I can return it

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online.