Black & Decker 18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

FEJ520JFSX, FEJ520JFS

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.9

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (1)
  • Battery Life
Tl S.

Tl S.South East Queensland, QLD

Returning it after 1hr of owing it

I brought this today and every 10 seconds the filter blows off throwing all the dirt back over the floor again. I have checked and removed several times but I can’t even use it! What a waste of money, do not buy!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W for A$189.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Michelle

MichelleSydney

What a bargain

Had been looking for a stick vacuum to clean the floor as well as the car. Saw this when bigw had a sale and I bought this for less than $140. I bought a Dyson v6 for my mum before and my sibling has a v7 so I have used the Dyson vacuums. This Black & Decker is such a gem! It is highly efficient and does the job as great as the Dyson ones. It has a floor sensor which changes the suction power accordingly. The only downside is the emptying bin bit, the Dyson one is easier with the one button feature.
This Black & Decker vacuum is a fantastic product if you're looking for something simple and efficient. It's not as stylish and fancy like the Dyson ones but for the amount of money I spent, I'm more than happy to keep it!

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W Online Store for A$135.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet

mumoftwinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Better than a Dyson

Purchased in June 2019 for A$179.00.

Product is used Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Black & Decker 18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Sarah

SarahMelbourne

Poor battery life & ridiculously long charge time

Purchased this vacuum to use on my tiled floors. Suction is great & the pivoting head makes it easy to get into the area under my table and chairs. The let down of this vacuum is the short battery life and extremely long recharge time; I could excuse one or the other but not both. One other thing is that the head of the vacuum no longer spins so it's becoming more difficult to maneuver around. I've taken it all apart but no dice.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great vacuum-shame about the smell

Great vacuum ! shame about the appalling perfumed filter. Its truly horrible and we cant find a replacement filter that doesn't fill the room with the smell of cheap toilet cleaner.
That said the suction, weight and manouverability of this dust buster come vacuum cleaner are fantastic for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Uthpala Lakmalee

Uthpala LakmaleeBayswater

Excellent suction

This is my first Stick vacuum, I was a bit sceptical buying it. Love how light weight this is and how the swirl head mauvers corners. Charges very fast and food for apartments for storing away. Come apart easily and putting together is not a hassle. Best product for the money paid.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Julez

JulezWeston 2611, ACT

Absolutely awesome

Strong pick up, swivel foot head for easy movement around furniture, automatic sensor for different flooring, very compact and light weight.
Great for your back...
Also becomes a duster buster for hard to reach places..
Super fast charging and no messy cords.
Wouldn't live with out it now i own one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Denis

DenisMelbourne

The perfect companion

This is a great vacuum cleaner for small and medium-size jobs. It has an automatic turbo function that boosts suction to the next level when moving from hard floors to carpets. The multiple accessories it comes with (we got the extra brush which is smaller in size) make this the perfect companion.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Quill

QuillVictoria

I love it!

I was hesitant to spend that kind of money on what is essentially just a dustbuster, when what I really need is a good vacuum. I was skeptical but now I am convinced... It's both.

I named mine Buzz Lightyear because it looks and feels like a toy but doesn't realise it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Bill

BillMelbourne

Not bad

I have been advised to purchase it from a friend. I have a big carpet and this machine did the job very well . It is very light and not noisy at all easy to maneuvre so cheap in comparison to dyson one thing that i didnt like is her running battery is only 20 mins otherwise everything is good

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Ozyscott

OzyscottBrisbane

Great stick vacuum

This 2 in one pet friendly stick vacuum has been a terrific addition to my home, it is very lightweight and easy to use, the filter can get a little dirty though even after one clean, it is very deceptive for a battery operated unit that has as much power as an ordinary vacuum cleaner, very happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Vick

VickRockhampton

Great Unit

For a little machine this vaccuum is awesome. The sucking ability is great and has exceeded our expectations. It is easy to maneuver around the floor and furniture making cleaning a breeze. Its works on both our tiles and carpet. The only downside to the unit is it only has a 20 min battery life

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Lightness

LightnessCanberra 2600, ACT

Brilliant

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This product is perfect. Great suction and i have been using it everyday.

Yes, I am happy with the product performance and the suction.
It is easy to use and can be easily maneuver.
I am using it for spot cleaning in the kitchen and living on floor tiles and carpet in the rooms.
It has intelligent sensor which changes the mode to turbo when used on the carpet.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Marsal

Marsal

Decent but could be better

I’m a bit netruel with this product as I’ve had a few issues with it. I did have an issue where the part was faulty and had to be taken back but the good guys were great they replaced the whole vacuum with a new one. It needs to be cleaned it quite frequently but other than that it’s decent. Its pretty loud though which is a downfall but easy to use and light weight which is great

Date PurchasedJul 2017

reecey388

reecey388Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome cheaper option

Was looking for cordless vacuum cheaper than a Dyson so thought we would try this one and so far so good it's powerful and does everything we wanted it for we have a dog that loses a lot of hair this time of year and it has no issues cleaning it all up

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Lavinia

LaviniaDarwin

Good as long as it worked

Worked great, very powerful on carpet and wooden floor, thought I made a catch. Easy to handle and manoever. However, less than 3 months on, rarely used, some charger error. Charger lights blinking, but won't charge. No trouble shoot sector in manual. Have to take it back. Waste of time and money.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Not bad for $100

Common sense was not used when this vacuum was made. Small attachment for hand held no place to attach when not being used need to stick in pocket. Collection bin is to small have to empty constantly. When you take off the attachment and put the brush down vacuum will not pick up anything. Could use more power.
I bought on line for $85 plus $14 shipping. That is all its worth.

Philbrand