FEJ520JFSX, FEJ520JFS

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (1)
  • Battery Life

Shocking design fault

We bought this specifically because it was pet hair compatible and to replace an aging Dyson. Worked fine for a couple of days then the filter clogged light came on. Except every time we emptied the vacuum there was very little dirt. We discovered the main tube was completely blocked from the power head all the way up the main tube. After removing with a long rod we tried again and it clogged after about 10 minutes. This vacuum is definitely NOT pet hair compatible. The tubes are too narrow to allow free suction and the dirt container is way too small. Only redeeming feature is when completely empty it worked better than our Dyson, BUT clogs easily and quickly. May return for a refund.

Purchased in September 2020 at Big W for $149.00.

Tl S.
Tl S.South East Queensland, QLD

Returning it after 1hr of owing it

I brought this today and every 10 seconds the filter blows off throwing all the dirt back over the floor again. I have checked and removed several times but I can’t even use it! What a waste of money, do not buy!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W for $189.00.

Michelle
MichelleSydney

What a bargain

Had been looking for a stick vacuum to clean the floor as well as the car. Saw this when bigw had a sale and I bought this for less than $140. I bought a Dyson v6 for my mum before and my sibling has a v7 so I have used the Dyson vacuums. This Black & Decker is such a gem! It is highly efficient and does the job as great as the Dyson ones. It has a floor sensor which changes the suction power accordingly. The only downside is the emptying bin bit, the Dyson one is easier with the one button feature.
This Black & Decker vacuum is a fantastic product if you're looking for something simple and efficient. It's not as stylish and fancy like the Dyson ones but for the amount of money I spent, I'm more than happy to keep it!

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W Online Store for $135.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Black & Decker 18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

mumoftwins
mumoftwinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Better than a Dyson

Purchased in June 2019 for $179.00.

Sarah
SarahMelbourne

Poor battery life & ridiculously long charge time

Purchased this vacuum to use on my tiled floors. Suction is great & the pivoting head makes it easy to get into the area under my table and chairs. The let down of this vacuum is the short battery life and extremely long recharge time; I could excuse one or the other but not both. One other thing is that the head of the vacuum no longer spins so it's becoming more difficult to maneuver around. I've taken it all apart but no dice.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Great vacuum-shame about the smell

Great vacuum ! shame about the appalling perfumed filter. Its truly horrible and we cant find a replacement filter that doesn't fill the room with the smell of cheap toilet cleaner.
That said the suction, weight and manouverability of this dust buster come vacuum cleaner are fantastic for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Uthpala Lakmalee
Uthpala LakmaleeBayswater

Excellent suction

This is my first Stick vacuum, I was a bit sceptical buying it. Love how light weight this is and how the swirl head mauvers corners. Charges very fast and food for apartments for storing away. Come apart easily and putting together is not a hassle. Best product for the money paid.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Julez
JulezWeston 2611, ACT

Absolutely awesome

Strong pick up, swivel foot head for easy movement around furniture, automatic sensor for different flooring, very compact and light weight.
Great for your back...
Also becomes a duster buster for hard to reach places..
Super fast charging and no messy cords.
Wouldn't live with out it now i own one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Denis
DenisMelbourne

The perfect companion

This is a great vacuum cleaner for small and medium-size jobs. It has an automatic turbo function that boosts suction to the next level when moving from hard floors to carpets. The multiple accessories it comes with (we got the extra brush which is smaller in size) make this the perfect companion.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Quill
QuillVictoria

I love it!

I was hesitant to spend that kind of money on what is essentially just a dustbuster, when what I really need is a good vacuum. I was skeptical but now I am convinced... It's both.

I named mine Buzz Lightyear because it looks and feels like a toy but doesn't realise it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Bill
BillMelbourne

Not bad

I have been advised to purchase it from a friend. I have a big carpet and this machine did the job very well . It is very light and not noisy at all easy to maneuvre so cheap in comparison to dyson one thing that i didnt like is her running battery is only 20 mins otherwise everything is good

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Ozyscott
OzyscottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great stick vacuum

This 2 in one pet friendly stick vacuum has been a terrific addition to my home, it is very lightweight and easy to use, the filter can get a little dirty though even after one clean, it is very deceptive for a battery operated unit that has as much power as an ordinary vacuum cleaner, very happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Vick
VickRockhampton

Great Unit

For a little machine this vaccuum is awesome. The sucking ability is great and has exceeded our expectations. It is easy to maneuver around the floor and furniture making cleaning a breeze. Its works on both our tiles and carpet. The only downside to the unit is it only has a 20 min battery life

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Lightness
LightnessCanberra 2600, ACT

Brilliant

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This product is perfect. Great suction and i have been using it everyday.

Yes, I am happy with the product performance and the suction.
It is easy to use and can be easily maneuver.
I am using it for spot cleaning in the kitchen and living on floor tiles and carpet in the rooms.
It has intelligent sensor which changes the mode to turbo when used on the carpet.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018