Dyson V8
4.4 from 1,227 reviews

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Product is used:
    • Daily (64)
    • Several times a week (64)
    • Weekly (31)
    • Monthly (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (96) · No (62)
  • Battery Life

Nunziella

NunziellaSydney, NSW

Easiest vacuum cleaner I have every owned

I use it on carpet in lounge room, steps and landing. timber floor boards in the kitchen, ceramic tiles in the bathroom and vinyl flooring in the bedrooms. You can change heads for different surfaces but I seem to use same one with good results

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Anna B

Anna B

Great helper

My sister recommended that we buy a Dyson stick vacuum cleaner.

It is wonderful for a quick clean. It can scratch our wooden floors and the charger does not last a long time.

I am still satisfied but I don't believe it gives a deep clean on the rugs. It is still much that not cleaning at all.

Purchased in June 2018 for $800.00.

Naomi

Naomi

Amazing!

Got this on special at Harvey Norman and was so excited to try it out. Exceeded expectations. So lightweight and I can get the whole house clean before the battery runs out. Such a good investment!

Purchased in June 2019.

Yuva

YuvaSydney, NSW

This was perfect but then it stopped functioning as expected within 2 years

I purchased dyson v8 model in Arp 2019. Although used very rarely. It was perfect and I loved it. But within 1.5years, the suction is not good and not functioning as expected. I feel its not worth for the amount we pay and not being used for longer period. Is it because Dyson keep releasing newer versions and wants people to change every year?

glenn

glennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum ever

This is the best vacuum I've ever had it picked up everything with ease and was so easy to move around best vacuum product on the market used on carpet and tiles

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $590.00.

ShariR

ShariRNorth Queensland, QLD

My favourite toy!!!

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Very light and easy to manoeuvre

From particle board to deep pile carpet and tile bathroom. Does the lot Works okay but in these drought conditions requires a lot of emptying. Filter needs constant attention or it won’t go.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $895.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

GymGuy

GymGuyARMIDALE

good vacuum, but not much more power than v6

dyson is always a good product and v8 is an improvement to v6 in terms of filter cleaning and battery.
overall, very happy with it and will buy another dyson again.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $378.00.

Dawn

DawnSouth Australia

Love Dyson products

I have had four Dysons one barrel still like new 10 years old three cordless one upstairs one down stairs one donated to daughter Inlaw. I love them having a serious bad problems they are perfect. Great for all types of flooring. I rang up to order a new battery my warranty was expired four month ago and they still gave me a new battery. Wow I have never had such great service

Purchased in November 2017 at Dyson for $900.00.

Bee53

Bee53Sydney, NSW

Very good vacuum

Very good suction , light and easy to use . Takes up little storage space and comes with wall mounted docking station. I live in a small apartment so have ample charge to complete cleaning
The trigger button would be annoying in large areas I feel and emptying the unit was a bit tricky to begin with . Cannot use on vinyl floor but great on tiled floor and excellent on carpet and upholstery. Chordless and hassle free

Purchased in December 2019.

S Holmes

S HolmesSouth East Queensland, QLD

A wonderful machine.

We have a dog. Can the little rollers on the cleaning head that run on the floor be made easily removable for removing dog hair etc. Otherwise the Dyson V8 is a top machine and worth every dollar...

Purchased in June 2018 for $400.00.

Nass H.

Nass H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One handed game changer

Having a newborn or baby that constantly needs to be picked up or one that can’t be left alone for too long means multitasking is a necessity not choice. Not having to plug in a cord and simply grab and go or vacuuming one handed whilst holding bubs in another makes things sooo much easier.
It’s definitely changed my life. The rotation head and swivel is fantastic. Very light and easy to manoeuvre. Our unit is small so can use a couple times before charging.
Suction is not as strong as I would’ve thought though and hard to pick things up at the edges/corners as with most vacuums. Emptying the barrel can be a bit messy sometimes but still love my Dyson. I thought it was overhyped but it lived up to the name in my experience

Purchased in September 2019 at Myer for $499.00.

Mike R.

Mike R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Take me anywhere

Works a treat no matter where, when or how.

Love the fact it’s not corded and doesn’t require a vacuum bag.

Easy to maintain, charge and use.

Provides easy to use and understand attachments and instructions

Worth it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Catch for $749.00.

Scott R.

Scott R.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

The best upgrade.

Okay, so the last Dyson I bought had lasted me 15 years, here I have made another quality purchase and am not disappointed at all, it is so much lighter and has taken me a little while to adjust to not having anything dragging behind me. Will be happy if I get the same length of use out of this as I did my last but we will see how the battery performs as time goes on

Purchased in October 2019 at Betta Home Living for $550.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

GREAT DEEP CLEAN

Have had my Dyson for just over a month. It is the best Vacuum I have ever owned. Can go from carpet to lino to tile with no effort at all. Great for picking up that stubborn animal hair. The only downfall is on max suction the battery only lasts 6-10 minutes and takes hours to charge which is a little frustrating when you have a large home.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Alaska S

Alaska S

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The stories are absolutely true guys! There is no better vacuum cleaner on this whole entire Earth other than the one and only Dyson (Dyson in general not necessarily specific to this model). They are absolutely incredible, do not waste your time with anything else like I did, you will be kicking yourself for it once you make this purchase.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Ellie

Ellie

Awesome!

I have gotten rid of my other vacuum & only have / use my cordless dyson. I use it once or twice a day, awesome for a mum with 2 young kids!! I have fully tiled house & battery lasts to clean the whole thing. Perfect !

Purchased in October 2018 at Myer for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Oscarte

Oscarte

Easy to operate

My girlfriend bought this for our apartment

To be honest i was quite upset in the beginning because she spent over $500 for this vacuum machine and I thought it was too much and if you ask me now it's definitely worth it .it's very easy to use and very powerful. I love my Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $565.00.

Cheap Bellini Bagless (Target) better than Dyson V8 Absolute

Do not waste your money. I recently purchased the Target Bellini ($129RRP) after a couple of years with my Dyson. This is the second Dyson vacuum that I have purchased that kept breaking down. The Bellini really is phenomenal (check out the reviews on Target!).

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Battery

BatteryVictoria

Excellent for animal hair

I use mainly on carpet and its pet hair pick up is excellent, its very convenient and handy for spills etc. Probably a bit small as a main vacuum, I still like to use a power head every two weeks. Easy to use, light and very efficient.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Online Store for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum