See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cheap Bellini Bagless (Target) better than Dyson V8 Absolute

Do not waste your money. I recently purchased the Target Bellini ($129RRP) after a couple of years with my Dyson. This is the second Dyson vacuum that I have purchased that kept breaking down. The Bellini really is phenomenal (check out the reviews on Target!).

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

BatteryVictoria

Excellent for animal hair

I use mainly on carpet and its pet hair pick up is excellent, its very convenient and handy for spills etc. Probably a bit small as a main vacuum, I still like to use a power head every two weeks. Easy to use, light and very efficient.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Online Store for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Dave y.

Dave y.

Very overpriced

Battery in the cordless vacuums lifespan is not long enough, my v8 is on its 3rd battery,2 year warranty and that's it for a $899 cordless vacuum. Your pricing is so over the top, is the the V13 going to be $1499 dollars.You guys up your price every year like the health funds and the public seems to pay for your R and D(research and development).Soon you will have a $2000 cordless vacuum.PS what happened to your robot vacuum ,for a big company why do you not have one in Australia now for us.

SilvanaQLD, 4209

Love my dyson

I use it both on carpet and floor tiles - I have had it for about a year and now cannot live without it- it makes life easy and I use it everyday. Just letting you guys know this is my second dyson and I still have my first one and it is still going strong.

Purchased in March 2018 at good guys for $628.00.

Evan Lim

Evan LimPerth, WA

Slightly overrated! Short battery life

Was given a V8 absolute as a gift from a friend... overall performance on different type of flooring is ok, won't say excellent but definitely other cheaper brand of vacuum cleaner can do similar job! Battery failed within 12 months and got a replacement, caused some inconvenience but at least is free! poor performance on vacuuming car carpet floor... the max suction mode is pretty useless as it drained battery within minutes! The coated surface finish on the suction pipe itself is so easy to get scratched and within 3 months of usage it looks awful with scratch marks everywhere. Overall, it is an overpriced unit with ok performance.

Purchased in January 2018.

Nerdy

NerdyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome vacumn cleaner

The dyson animal vacumn cleaner is the one stop cleaner it cleans everything as l have carpet and wood flooring l also use it to vacumn the car out l totally recommend the dyson animal its awesome

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Doug

DougNorth Western Region, NSW

worst vacuum ever

Please don't buy one, we had a v6, it wouldn't stay on. We said okay we must be unlucky with this one, so we bought a second v8 because it was handy without using a cord.
This v8 goes flat after only 5 mins being on minimal power, very frustrating so we are going to go and purchase a completely different brand.
If we could I would not give it any stars that's exactly what we would give it, hopeless, worst thing ever.

Purchased in October 2017 for $800.00.

Johanna P.

Johanna P.Perth, WA

This is amazing!

so easy to clean the floor and carpet. The included attachments are so useful for dusting and even vacuuming the car. Battery lasts long long time in the low setting which is enough.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $568.00.

Jane E.

Jane E.

LOVE the no LUG

I use this for cleaning wooden floors , carpet, walls ( picture rails ) , the ceiling fans and anywhere else. I would have bought the latest but the cost was prohibitive. My only issue is the length of time on the power up. It goes for about 7 mins full bore before the battery dies and takes about 4 hours to recharge. Not really a problem now - once you've dysoned all the rooms initially - it is so so good at getting all the dirt and dust - you don't need to throughly vacuum as often. I have a dog and a cat - and this is the best vacuum I have ever had by a mile. Worth every cent

Purchased in February 2019 at Toby Deals for $569.00.

Rose

RoseHunter Region, NSW

Occasional aches or pains in your hands ? beware

Purchased in November 2019 for $599.00.

Alex

AlexPerth, WA

The best invention

I cannot emphasize how good this product is... I used to hate vacuuming the apartment ..but now everytime I get up I go and get my Dyson and clean the house in less than 10 minutes.. it is beautiful and super quick to clean 2 bedroom apartments in less than 10 minutes.. I even use it on my car thanks dyson

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $568.00.

AnneL

AnneLSydney, NSW

Great portable vacuum

The vacuum is great value for money. It has great suction performance and is really light weight and easy to use. Dyson should make a vacuum which mops and vacuums at the same time. I would definitely be interested in purchasing an item like that. Would save sooo much time. However, a great product all round. The only negative I have is the battery life is not long enough.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $599.00.

Violetta K.

Violetta K.Perth, WA

Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner which I am currently using it was an excellent product till I saw advertising of Dyson V11.

I am vacuuming my wooden floor, rugs and tiles with Dyson V8 and it works fantastic, it so handy , but the battery isn't working for as long, as it should.To vacuum my house I need to recharge my battery three to four times.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Shame they don't tell you about the Battery Life at point of sale

Purchased in August 2015 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet
Juanita A.

Juanita A.Queensland

Soo good in shedding season!

I use it on tiles and plush carpets, furniture and mattresses, anywhere my cats roll up to sleep. It's been great, Abit loud and my long hair gets wrapped around the bottom Wich is annoying but the best animal vac I've had so far.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Holden Jones

Holden JonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Top of the line

I have always been used Dyson, as I find the aesthetic pleasing and practical. This new release has really raised the bar in design and technology of the performance of cleaners.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Minh

MinhPearce 2607, ACT

Perfect cleaner, with some limits

Love it! Best one we have. Problem is that battery doesnt last the whole house for us and cleaning is more frequently than we would have liked. If only the company makes spare battery that doesnt require opening of the motor for swapping over.

First battery was playing up so was replaced under warranty. Bin lids broken twice now with one under warranty.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

coinlaundry

coinlaundry

Easy to use, battery life not so good

This is my first Dyson vacuum purchase and performance wise, it hasn't disappointed. It is very easy to use - just pick up, change the head (carpet or floorboard) and off you go. No cords to deal with. The disappointing part is the battery life - it doesn't last very long...15 minutes if you are lucky. This sometimes means stopping the job halfway and charging, which takes a few hours. Maintenance is also quite easy, however hairs constantly get stuck in the heads which is a bit of a headache cleaning.

Purchased in May 2017.

James Nguyen

James NguyenSydney, NSW

Simply Perfect!

Simply perfect, powerful! Bought more than 3 years, still working well on suction. Battery is still good, no drama. Been looking forward to buying a new V11 when this one down.

Purchased for $699.00.

swati m.

swati m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great performance with ease of use

Used this vacuum for tiles and carpet area, pretty easy to use with great convenience. One full charge of battery can easily last cleaning the whole 2 room apartment, but after that it will need a recharge. Performance of the battery starts dissipating after 1-2 years.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $780.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Katie B.

Katie B.asked

Can the roller head on the animal v8 be cut off for high pile carpet?

Battery

Hm....I dont know, I have a high pile rug which I have to drag backwards over it.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We do apologise for any disappointment, however to provide great performance across both carpets and hard floors, the brushbar is designed toi be used while spinning and can't be turned off.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

RSCasked

My dyson v8 is just out of warranty and I have started to have a problem with it in max suction. On normal suction it is absolutely fine, but if I switch to Max the machine works for about 10 seconds and then the whole machine cuts off (no lights etc) even when it is on full charge. If I then put it back in the charger (for less than a second) it restarts up and its battery lights can now be seen and the machine will work on normal suction again. I have cleaned the filter and it still does the same thing.
I do not get any red lights and it does not pulse at any time.
I called dyson customer care and they thought I should change the filter but that doesn't make much sense to me.
Any ideas on what is going on?

Silvana

No sorry but I would contact Dyson again and address your concerns with them because they are amazing and have always fixed my problems

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this. We would encouraging continuing contact with our Dyson Experts to get this sorted.

Our Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and 1800 239 766 Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

RJLasked

I would like to know why our V8 goes dead after 30-40 seconds on Max setting. It lasts as expected on normal?

This started not long after the warranty expired.

I thank you in advance

Silvana

There is something wrong it should last at least up to 7 mins just ring Dyson warranty and they will assist

RJL

I contacted Dyson and they were very helpful.

Problem resolved

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Thank you for your query.

We are glad to hear our Dyson Experts were able to help get this sorted.

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives