Dyson V8
See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Pros

Lightweight build
Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (217) · No (132)
  • Battery Life

Cosgrove
CosgroveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I expected better for $600

Purchased in February 2020 at Dyson for $597.

ShariR
ShariRNorth Queensland, QLD

My favourite toy!!!

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $999.

Robert D.
Robert D.Kingston 2604, ACT

Good cordless vacuum

We use our V8 cordless as a quick tidy up vacuum in addition to a weekly vacuum with our more powerful corded vacuum.We live in an apartment and find the convenience of the Dyson to vacuum crumbs from around dining area and kitchen great.The down side is battery only lasts 2/3 years and replacement around $150 is something that you need to factor in as the Dyson is reasonably expensive to start with.This is our 2nd Dyson cordless replacing a v7 motor head same problem 3 year battery failure! Probably look at a cheaper alternative next time! So overall very pleased with performance not so much with the value!!

Purchased in June 2019 for $579.

Peter
PeterWestern Australia

Basically useless

Poor suction unless used on max setting which limits battery life to less than 10 minutes. Always leaves dirt behind and has a tendency to flick dirt around, requires multiple passes to achieve a less than ideal clean. Battery takes way too long to charge considering runtime (definitely not on a par with other battery powered tools). Inlet of vacuum clogs far to easily. This is the 3rd and last Dyson we will ever buy, just doesn't work.

Purchased in June 2021 at RetraVision for $699.

Changed my perception of vacuum cleaners.

I came from loving my rainbow vacuum so I know vacuum cleaners. The difference is, while the rainbow is so hard to setup, this is a piece of cake. This is just perfect for a small apartment and I can easily keep my apartment clean. It doesn't seem like a chore now and my apartment is spotless! Its by far the best vacuum i have ever used in terms of portability and usability. Just pickup, attach the attachments and off you go. Battery life is fair as i never ran out of juice or anything. It picks up everything and the attachments are great for all types of surfaces such as my couch and even my bed.

Purchased in January 2022 for $389.

May as well have bought a cheap knock off

Terrible, doesn't operate on wooden floors without jumping all over the place and not picking up dirt. I've contacted customer service multiple times and been ignore and dismissed. Awful company.

Purchased in December 2021 for $799.

di
diSydney, NSW

Like my V8. But miss a crevice tool !

My second Dyson but I am very dissapointed they do not include a crevice tool with this model. Pretty mean of Dyson actually. My old model had a second small motorised head which I never used but I used the crevice tool a lot.

Purchased in April 2022 for $599.

Carley B.
Carley B.

12 months battery life max

Do not buy a Dyson! The battery not lasting is a known issue. Dyson replaced my battery first time, then the same problem happened and they are now refusing a replacement.
$800 vacuum cleaner now has a 2 minute battery life, and takes hours to charge.

Purchased in September 2021 for $799.

amiganutPerth, WA

the worst vacuum we have owned my v6 still out performs this one

we bought the animal version as we have visiting dogs which loose some fur but when using it for even minor bits of fur it starts surging as it has a bad blockage spot where it catches the fur just before entering the canister this is the 3rd dyson we own and is definitely putting me off purchasing another

Purchased at The Good Guys for $700.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
SLA
SLA

Worst design ever

this is supposed to be for animal hair but the most useless vacuum cleaner I have ever had. Hair gets stuck in the tube every second and this stops functioning.

DogStar
DogStarSydney, NSW

……. I NEVER knew ……

I recently purchased the V8 Animal ‘Direct from Dyson’ - I received an email from them advising my Warranty has been recorded Automatically - because I purchased Direct from them. I was also told to take Cleaner to Dyson just before my ownership is nearly 2yrs - Dyson will do a FREE Service on the Cleaner. If you have owned a Dyson Vacuum previously & it was ‘Registered, Purchase Details) with Dyson on their website & Dyson can find your details in their Computer, you get a Discount when you Purchase a new Dyson….It just gets better & better. My previous Dyson was 20yrs old - my details were in their Computer - Dyson & Apple do look after their Customers far better than most other companies.

Purchased in January 2022.

Going Broke
Going BrokeMelbourne

Dyson V8 Animal stopped working after 3 months.

Purchased a V8 Animal in mid November and was using it early Feb and it stopped working mid use with 3 blue lights showing. Online chat not helpful with problem. Lasted a bit over 2 months with normal use. Over rated over hyped. Suction is quite poor compared to a normal vacuum just get a normal one with a power head

Purchased in November 2021 at The Good Guys for $635.

DysonDysonSend a private message

We are sorry to hear of this. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via our helpline and we will are happy to help assist further. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't buy the Dyson V8

Does not effectively pick up the dirt and the battery looses charge very quickly. I have had the battery already replaced once and the new one also looses charge quickly. Don't waste your money on the V8 better ones on the market

Purchased in June 2017 for $700.

marilyngogogo
marilyngogogoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very stupid, lack of consideration on design

Dyson is very expensive product but it's idea isn't good. Product change often for money like mobile phones. I'm complaining it is vacuum cleaner did not stated version on the main body, only on the removable stick, very confusing which model? Either v6 or v7 or v8 or v10? It seems not very smart of design.

Russell fine
Russell fineSydney, NSW

Great working product

Wood, performs great, and the battery last well on low but has great high suction when set in high ,it really performs as suggested, struggles a little on longer hair carpet but on short office carpet is great.

Purchased in November 2021 at The Good Guys for $599.

Reviewer
Reviewer

Overpriced rubbish

I bought the V8 animal in June 2018. To illustrate how bad the suction is - it struggles to pick up a cotton thread from the carpet on max suction! Useless on hard floors, as it just pushes the dirt around. The product is expensive, has short battery life and doesn’t clean the floors anywhere near as well as my old corded vacuum which I now use because the Dyson is ineffective. I have to use on max suction and that only lasts 5mins, even then dirt just gets stuck in the stick, rather than even making it up into the bin/dust canister. This product is not robust, made with flimsy plastic that has cracked. I would not buy any Dyson product again.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $597.

Beanthings
BeanthingsSydney

Excellent. Perfect for carpet, good on wood.

Works on wood floors and heavy rugs, seamlessly switching between the two. Has trouble on thin rugs, cuts out and needs restarting if I want to switch from hard floor to thin rug. Very easy to empty. Cord free makes daily vacuuming so much better. The power is excellent on thick rugs, better than any vacuum ive had before, if you have thick carpet this thoroughly cleans. The power on wood and thin rugs doesn't translate as well, but still does the job. Very happy, makes daily vacumming a joy. Suction and filter system deals with larger particles well.

Purchased in November 2021 for $699.

di
diasked
V8

Why isnt a crevice tool included in the V8 origin package?

Archie Steel
Archie Steelasked
V8

Have tried repeatedly to register my new Dyson V8 Origin using the serial number on the base. Keep getting red notice that this number has no corresponding Dyson appliance. What now?

Annieasked
V8 Absolute

Do the filters on the V8 wear out. I have a V8 which is a few years old but the filters keep clogging or I think it is that as it splutters a lot. I clean the filters but within a short time it is off again. I have checked all the nozzle and there are no clogs there.

Annie

Thanks. Yes, I have found since that the problem seems to be the head not the filters. I will have to give that a good clean.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus
  • Discontinued

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $699.00$799.00$749.00$799.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016