Dyson V8

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

4.4

1,294 reviews
  • Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (127) · No (96)
  • Battery Life

Tegan

TeganFar North Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum

Use this vacuum on tiles and would highly recommend. I feel like i vacuum more as its easier to pull out and use. Less bulky comoared to plug in vacuums and gets the job done in less time.

Purchased in December 2019.

Gary H.

Gary H.Sydney, NSW

Not happy at all.. Beware of this product.

I purchased the V8 Absolute about 2 and a half years ago for around $800 (A huge amount of money for a vacuum cleaner) Initially is was good but then the battery died. I called Dyson and they sent me one under warranty but told me that this is likely to happen every 2 years or so and if need to pay for the next one, obviously I wasn’t happy to hear this. Now the connection that makes the rotating head function has failed and they’re asking me to pay $120 for another head unit. Will that need replacing every 2.5 years as well? It’s now an $800 ornament and I’m using my old vacuum cleaner again that I bought this to replace. Be very wary before buying this overhyped, overpriced, low quality machine.

Purchased in September 2017 at David Jones for A$800.00.

anon

anon

Happy with the product

I have been happy with this purchase - good suction, very light to use, battery lasts long enough to do downstairs in my house (have to recharge to do upstairs but that doesn't worry me).

Purchased at Catch for A$799.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

The Reviewer

The ReviewerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

Excellent cleaner, gets into small areas, picks up everything, including dog fur! Easy to use and store. The head doesn't get lots of hair clogging up parts. Recharge well. Can vacuum all house without it dying. Strong and reliable.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$990.00.

steve565South East Queensland, QLD

Poor battery life

Used on tiles and hard floors. Battery life is poor. No ergonomic handle resulting in skin damage on thumb. Dyson has fallen behind and are overtaken by other brands. Tool with brushes failed after 12 months as red clip stop holding tool on the pole. Battery replaced under warranty. After sales service is good.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys for A$550.00.

steve565

Worst hand grip ever! Not ergonomic at all! Causing blisters on the inner right thumb due to poor handle design.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This is certainly not what we expect or design this machine to do. If you could please forward your details to us we will be happy to assist further.

emdemeNewcastle

Sadly the battery died and too expensive to replace

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for A$840.00.

MAJ

MAJNorth Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

I use the dyson cordless v8 for tile surfaces & used a cord vacuum for carpet because it seemed the suction of a cord vacuum had more power suction. I've owned the Dyson cordless v8 for approx 15 months. I only used it for quick emergency usage while continuing to use a cord vacuum clean for weekly cleaning. I tried using it the other day but the Dyson cordless did not have power, so l plugged it into another power socket, put on charge for 5 days without success. I am disappointed.

Purchased for A$599.00.

Honest Reviewer

Honest ReviewerSydney, NSW

Life changing. I'll never use a different brand of Vacuum ever again.

Purchased at Catch for A$549.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Louise

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum I've ever had!

Purchased in March 2020 at Dyson for A$599.00.

Lesh

LeshBowral

Perfect product

Can’t live without this product....works perfectly and effectively...
The price is good and it does what is advertised..this product is does everything I needed it to do and I would definitely recommend

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$999.00.

Mark TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Battery Life

Purchased in October 2017 at Bing Lee Online store for A$800.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Noisyfridge

Noisyfridgesyd

Seems like product testing is done on sold products, vacuum completely broke down after just 2 years

Purchased in September 2017 at Bing Lee for A$749.00.

Annie W.

Annie W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best vacuum ever

We have polished boards and rugs. Loving how well this model works. Perfect!
We also use it on the tiled floor in our bathroom. Love the attachments.
Especially the little brush I use on the couches.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$699.00.

Kat

KatQueensland

Cannot live without

Seriously has saved me so much time. Ended up getting rid of our vacuum cleaner because I can no longer stand cords. Just wish this would last longer than the 20 mins

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$800.00.

Disappointed

We purchased our Dyson in December 2017. The machine gets used once a week on carpet that never gets very dirty as we don’t have shoes inside the house.
In approximately February this year, we noticed the vacuum cleaner battery was only lasting about 20 minutes on regular. Now in May, the battery lasts about 2 minutes.
We contacted the company who said we need to purchase a new battery which will cost about $110.00.
We are extremely disappointed that we paid so much for the machine and just after the warranty period has finished, we are now going to have to pay this extra money.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer for A$599.00.

Lucie B.

Lucie B.

Good but hard to clean

Vacuums perfectly but it only lats for a short period of time in terms of battery life and it is very hard to clean and has small dust container. Overall 4/5

Purchased in December 2019.

Eliza2018

Eliza2018Illawarra, NSW

Disappointed - after barely 3 years usage. After a full charge it only lasts 15 min. Not worth the hype or $$$

We were excited when we purchased our first Dyson (and last) in 2017. Battery life and suction was great for the first year but after that it started to dwindle.

Fast forward to 2020 and we get less than 1 min on ‘Max’ setting and 15 min on normal setting. Very disappointed on the quality of this vacuum and do not recommend it.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Kausik Bhattacharyya

Kausik BhattacharyyaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for Home

I have tile and carpet on my house floor
This product was working very good, early clean anyway. I just feel like a my best toy. I’m really enjoy.
Thank you Dyson.

Helen

HelenPerth, WA

Expensive Dud

I saved up for months to buy this expensive vacuum. It worked great for the first 4 to 6 months and then the battery life plummeted to under 10 minutes. These days I barley get 1 to 2 minutes of use on the regular setting and maybe 3 seconds on max power. It takes all day to vacuum my small unit as I have to wait long periods to recharge the battery. Very disappointed in this product and wouldn’t recommend a Dyson product to anyone :(

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$797.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Very disappointed

Work good for 2 years, after that the battery last 7 minutes only i had to buy a new battery for $109 and 2 filters for $50 because of the poor suction i have extended warranty but all these are not covered very disappointing

Purchased in December 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$1,050.00.

Corey P.

Corey P.asked

V8

My v8 dyson sucks fine on both modes but the power head tends to cut out and not work, not pulsating, the roller and all connections are clean, i even connected my v6 to it and does the same thing, could this be a battery issue?

charlie

charlieasked

V8

Hi, my Dyson V8 total clean cuts out after a minute or so of use. If I then put it back on charge for even a second, it works for another minute and this can be repeated. When charging it only charges to 2 out 3 of the blue lights and then all the blue lights go off. Any ideas? New battery or problem with the charging dock?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This sounds like the battery could be coming towards the end of it's useful life, however we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts to confirm this.

Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST. Please just give us a call at your convenience with your machine handy.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

MarioD

MarioDasked

V8

Does the charger gets warm by the touch when charging?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

When the machine is charging, it isn't abnormal for the charger to feel slightly warm to the touch.

That being said, if you feel something isn't quite right or are concerned, please unplug your machine and give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with it handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives