See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

MinhPearce 2607, ACT

Perfect cleaner, with some limits

Love it! Best one we have. Problem is that battery doesnt last the whole house for us and cleaning is more frequently than we would have liked. If only the company makes spare battery that doesnt require opening of the motor for swapping over.

First battery was playing up so was replaced under warranty. Bin lids broken twice now with one under warranty.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

coinlaundry

coinlaundry

Easy to use, battery life not so good

This is my first Dyson vacuum purchase and performance wise, it hasn't disappointed. It is very easy to use - just pick up, change the head (carpet or floorboard) and off you go. No cords to deal with. The disappointing part is the battery life - it doesn't last very long...15 minutes if you are lucky. This sometimes means stopping the job halfway and charging, which takes a few hours. Maintenance is also quite easy, however hairs constantly get stuck in the heads which is a bit of a headache cleaning.

Purchased in May 2017.

James Nguyen

James NguyenSydney, NSW

Simply Perfect!

Simply perfect, powerful! Bought more than 3 years, still working well on suction. Battery is still good, no drama. Been looking forward to buying a new V11 when this one down.

Purchased for $699.00.

swati m.

swati m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great performance with ease of use

Used this vacuum for tiles and carpet area, pretty easy to use with great convenience. One full charge of battery can easily last cleaning the whole 2 room apartment, but after that it will need a recharge. Performance of the battery starts dissipating after 1-2 years.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $780.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Stephanie

StephanieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best Decision Of My Life Buying The V8 Animal

I can not believe the quality of my dyson v8 animal, I am absolutely thrilled with it! My favourite attachment is the little power head, made my jeep look brand new again highly highly recommended!

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Buddah71

Buddah71Sydney, NSW

Top Product

Recently purchased dyson V8 Animal, excellent vacuum, longer running time compared to other previous models which is great for larger houses, works excellent on all floor surfaces & not having to plug it in at power points is such a bonus.
Keep up the good work Dyson.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $599.00.

Davo

DavoPerth, WA

Awesome Machine

Very happy with our Dyson V8 Animal. We have a 4 bed house with carpet and tile, and it handles these surfaces easily. We were initially concerned the battery wouldn't last cleaning the whole house, but so far it's done it easily. Good selection of attachments. The small power-head is perfect for our lounge suit. We have it hanging up in the laundry, where it's on constant charge, so it's always ready to go. Much more inclined to grab the Dyson than drag out your standard vacuum. No noticeable difference in depth of cleaning of carpets. Highly recommend this vacuum.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $800.00.

P. Evans

P. EvansMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used everyday

Good lil stock vacuum for all flooring types- we use on floating floor, tiles & carpet with good results. The “normal” suction is a bit weak but ok for hard floors, “high” suction drains the battery pretty quickly. Good attachments and overall happy with product.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Lee-Lee J.

Lee-Lee J.Sydney, NSW

Battery dies quickly

I have had my Dyson v8 absolute for nearly two years. It was great when it was new but now the battery dies really quickly, only lasting about ten minutes when it’s supposed to last for 40! It’s so annoying having to vacuum in small areas and then having to wait for it to recharge. It’s handy for cleaning spills etc but not for doing the whole house.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores for $899.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

2 batteries under 4 years - not worth the price it is asking

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $750.00.

Floor Type Wood

Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

Great customer service.

Tile and carpet. Performs very well. Rarely bring out the Meile vac. When the battery failed, I rang customer service who looked up my warranty and sent me a brand new battery!

Purchased in January 2016 at Bing Lee Physical store for $700.00.

Suzanne34

Suzanne34Southwest, VIC

Mine as well as a friends stopped charging after a year or so. Disgraceful given the cost

I bought one of these and so did a friend at different times. Mine stopped completely just out of warranty and a friends stopped in warranty. Disgraceful given the cost. Theyve gone downhill. Avoid

Purchased in July 2014 at The Good Guys Physical store for $900.00.

Liss R

Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great vacuum

I use it multiple times a day and find it so easy to use and clean out. Dyson are amazing with customer service if you encounter problems (we needed a new battery and they sent it asap for free). Sometimes I have to go over crumbs etc a few times to pick them up but overall I love this vacuum. Only thing I don’t like is when battery runs out you can’t use it for a while. I wish you could plug it into the charge cable and keep using it.

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Belinda

BelindaPerth, WA

Love the double heads

With a border collie who constantly sheds hair this vacuum cleaner is a god send, the suction is great. Love the fact that it has the 2 heads which both work well, the carpet one picks up all of her hair with a breeze. The only things that do bother me are the dog hair easily gets caught around the roller as well as the smaller roller. I did take this up with Dyson and they sent me 2 replacement heads as one has worn the rubber away from the actual head. Also i dont like the battery life, it does fade very quickly.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $850.00.

Maureen

MaureenIllawarra, NSW

Perfect vacuum love love love my new Dyson

Wonderful vacuum cleaner easy to use simple to set up ready to go at any time no cords no hassels should have bought it a long time ago happy housewife

Purchased in August 2019.

FreshGal

FreshGal

Not worth it

I bought this thinking it was gonna be a game changer but unfortunately the battery, suction and overall quality really let me down. I’m now considering a Kmart model as it’s cheaper

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson V8 machine.

Our Dyson Experts are available and happy to discuss your concerns. Please just email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch.

DJ21

DJ21South East Queensland, QLD

My fur baby & clean home are both very important to me & the V8 Animal has been the best gift I've ever bought myself!

Life as a dog mum and domestic goddess doesn't always go hand in hand but thanks to the Dyson V8 Animal I am able to have the best of both and it truly is the best gift I've ever bought myself! It was worth the money and reasonably priced! Lightweight, compact, great design and I love everything it does. I've already recommended it to family and friends too because it's that good.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Excellent product from an excellent brand.

I have had a Dyson V8 Absolute for about three months now and it has definitely been one of the better purchases I've made (!). It is easy to use and easy to install. It has enough power to run for 15-30 minutes and I have yet to run out of battery during use (and I use it a lot!). It is has many different attachments to use for hard floor, smaller areas etc - they all work quite well.

I have not had any problems with this Dyson V8 Absolute model. I'd recommend this product to friends and family!

Purchased in April 2019 at Dyson for $350.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Jelena

JelenaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Efficiency and great quality

Dyson vaccum V8 Animal using on carpet and tiles recently started using the product in my car as well. Amazing less dust in house since using this product. Great performance!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Dyson for $799.00.

Tingroove

TingrooveCentral Queensland, QLD

Battery Quality is Ordinary for the Price

We bought three on the same day (Mothers day and good price compared to other shops). Two of the units batteries have failed under two years. Battery is poor quality for the price of the unit. Other than that it does a good job.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $600.00.

Mitch

Mitchasked

My Dyson V8 is two years old and does not keep its charge as it used to. I have taken really good care of it and cleaned my filters regularly as suggested. If the issue rests with the battery, is it still under warranty?

Ross B.

Ross B.asked

V8 Absolute

Hi,

Bought the unit about 2 years ago. Use it at least weekly for our apartment.

Until a few months ago I could easily vacuum our whole place on ONE full charge - however now I can only get about 75% done by comparison.

Secondly, I have also notice that even on a full charge, the Max setting now only works for maybe a minute or two if you are lucky - so I then have to quickly plug it back in for for second, which then really only allows me to use the normal setting for a bit more time.

Any comment or advise or help on the above issues?

Minh

Sounds normal that overtime battery will erode as it is consumable. When it gets to a point that it is no longer suitable for your need, call Dyson and order a new battery. It will work as new again.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time from your Dyson V8.

If your Dyson V8 is working well otherwise (i.e. picking up dust and debris) and the charger lights up when the machine is plugged in, it would indicate the battery on the machine would need to be replaced. You can purchase a replacement battery for the Dyson V8 here: https://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/battery-967834-02

If this isn't the case, the machine is under two years old, or you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

EMHasked

Bought Dyson V8 yesterday from Target. Fully charged overnight but after pressing start trigger - nothing happens. Any help?

Minh

It should at least works for a minute prior to first charge as it would have some charge. Perhaps the parts didnt click in properly and also you need to keep holding the button down when in use. Other than that check manual for troubleshooting before calling Dyson.

EMH

Yes, actually the filter was not clicked closed tightly enough and it worked once it was closed properly. Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

Power SourceBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts) 115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016