Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (153) · No (104)
  • Battery Life

Wendy D

Wendy D

Big Improvement on the V6

Bought this as an upgrade to the V6 Absolute. Got it $250 off RRP from Dyson in the Black Friday sale. Canister release is far easier, hard floor brush handles leaves and larger dirt more easily. Very happy with my purchase. :) Only downside is that the wall mounted V6 dock has to be changed out for a new dock (provided).

Purchased in November 2020 at Dyson.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Marina

MarinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Happy

I bought a very well recommended product and after 3 and half years of use, the battery does not last more than 5 mins on max mode, the small motorised head has fallen apart and I can't use it and the carpet floor cleaner has bits of plastic breaking off. I have a small house at 14 sqaures and most of it is tiles and floor boards. At $800 I was expecting this to last a bit longer. I have had other brands of cleaners and have never had issues like this. I originally bought this to make vacuuming easier with a cordless product. Not sure if I will buy another one if I can get cheaper cleaners out there with same specifications.

Purchased in September 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for A$799.00.

Charlie

Charlie

Died only 6 months in and Dyson have been horrible to deal with

We used this stick vac as a secondary vacuum for our house. Died only 6 months in- doesn't seem to hold a charge. Dyson make it incredibly difficult to deal with any warranty claim and the retailer are reluctant to take the product back as Dyson insist consumers go through them for warranty. Horrible experience and wouldn't do a Dyson again. All marketing spin.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,099.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear this is the experience you have had, it certainly isn't our aim and we are keen to find out what went wrong and get this sorted.

If you could please forward your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com we are keen to help.

Michael M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

On my 4th battery in 4 years

We have the vacuum cleaner for 4 years and we are about to get our 4th battery, roughly a battery per year. And looking at the Dyson web site the battery price has jumped from $79 to $109 since last year.

Purchased in August 2016.

Michael M.

Cool, so I will get my most recent battery purchase replaced? will do that now.

DysonDyson

Apologies, however we can't comment on individual circumstances here, however please do get in touch with our Dyson Experts as everything is assessed case by case.

roses

rosesSydney, NSW

Terrible battery life

Vaccuum only runs for 7 minutes on max after being fully charged overnight. Terrible value for money. Only would recommend if you have money to waste or if it’s on 90% off.

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for A$549.00.

Floor TypeWood
Eve

Eve

Battery lasts less than a year

The battery doesn't last. I had 2 replacement batteries in the last 2 years and it would work well for a few months and the same thing will occur again. I would be lucky if it last 3 mins on max power. With the low power, it will go on for up to 15 mins but it is basically blowing all the dust/dirt around and not sucking. It is a let down for the amount of money spent on this product and the time wasted getting a replacement battery each time.

Purchased in July 2017 for A$782.00.

Floor TypeWood
Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible on hard floors - Scratched!

Purchased for both carpet and hardwood floors. Parents have V7 which stuck to the carpet and was quiet on the hardwood floors. I'm thought I'd go the better battery life of the V8. Terrible idea, it's ridiculously loud and rough leaving scratches on 2 week old timber floors. Contacted dyson and they were absolutely hopeless with a we don't care attitude. Disappointed and will be returning.

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for A$699.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Geof

GeofVictoria

Batteries don't last

This Dyson is our second stick Dyson. With the first one the battery died and it was replaced under warranty. The second one didn't last long either. The vacuum was very good so we bought an absolute V8 but the battery lasted about a year again. A new one was supplied under warranty and it has lasted about 18 months - it is now dying (lucky to get 6 minutes ). The vacuum cleaner is very good but the battery problem seems unique to Dyson. Time to try another make!

Purchased in May 2017 for A$850.00.

BeakyMaudsland

"Absolute"-ly Unbeatable Product

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$599.00.

Stewart J.

Stewart J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dyson - Very disappointed in what I was promised & sold

very disappointed promised a 20 minute high speed vacuum time I get 8 minutes
cannot exchange battery, on a new high grade Dyson
New vacuum stopped working after short period of time, dust, dirt & usage had created the problem which I thought a vacuum would be designed to handle!!!!
Very expensive - does not deliver the cost
Go for a cheaper option - LG has a good product available which I would choose next time

Lawry BugejaSouthwest, VIC

Better value to buy a cheap stick vac every 2 years. Triple the life for half the price.

We bought the vac to use as a spot cleaner. We estimated it would get about 20 mins use per day. The first 12 months was fine, however over the last 8-10 months we can only use the vac on low power on limited time. Maximum power lasts less than 1 minute. Our $60 Kogan does a far better job.

Purchased in January 2019 at Westpac Altitude for A$800.00.

parade6010

parade6010Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Powerful Vacuum

Purchased in August 2020 at Dyson for A$650.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Deb

DebGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't waste your money

Bought new V8 animal for our small apartment with laminate flooring and 1 rug. Didn't work so they sent me a new battery. 12 months later the housing cracked which was replaced. 2 years later I can only vacuum 5mins before the battery needs charging again. Would never buy another one.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$899.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum
yeohkt

yeohktMelbourne

Amazing product, worked without issue for 2 years. Great customer support

Hi the unit for just 2 years. work perfect . The bin had some quality issue - cover was dropping off.
Contacted customer service via phone call and was sent replacement quickly.

Part price are reasonable. Cleaning is easy .

Purchased in November 2018 at Dyson for A$479.00.

Regarding the comment: Great Product but for one thing

I too love my Dyson cordless, I also have an older Stowaway Dyson, Love them both. Cordess is so easy to use and very effective. I use on Carpet and wood floors, and have a small Tenterfield Terrior dog indoors. I was intrigued to read that someone else is getting a sore thumb when using the machine, I was getting a blister each time so now protect the area with some elastopast tape. I do not think it is the machine itself, but how I hold it that causes the rubbing.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$799.00.

Joto

Joto

Suction is excellent on carpet. Hard floor works perfectly on low mode

Live beachside and first machine I've used that actually lifts sand with no problem. Very tidy wall mount system so it is always recharged when you need it. Very easy to empty and don't have to worry about bags.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$599.00.

Jackie De abreu

Jackie De abreuDoonside

Great running battery

Have timber flooring and good quality cleaning
Long-running battery life and gets into all the nooks and crannies of a room
Highly recommend this product - but I don't have pets
I also used it on the carpet - but moreso tiles

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for A$400.00.

Bwil

Bwil

Great device

I liked this vacuum. I primarily used the soft floor head on floorboards, and the beater head on the carpet. It worked quite well on both. The fluffy head is useful at picking up larger bits and bobs off a hardfloor.

Purchased for A$699.00.

LeeCanberra 2600, ACT

Wait until the warranty runs out

Initially this was the best vacuum we have ever had. It has powerful suction and is easy to charge on the wall and swap out the attachments. After 13 months it started pulsating with the Direct Drive cleaner head and the Mini motorised head. It worked fine with the static attachments. I figured out it was because both these heads have metal pins that are meant to connect to the motor however this connection no longer works. We now have paid $600 for a years worth of vacuuming. Very disappointing, probably not a good investment.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for A$600.00.

purplethings

purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuum for the whole house!

Purchased in August 2020 at Dyson for A$599.00.

Cynthia K

Cynthia Kasked

V8

What is the total running time of a fully charged Dyson cordless vacuum?

Ali

Aliasked

V8

Hi i have a v8 absolute over 2 years old. Was working perfect then all of a sudden only works for 1 minute or so on max. Put it back on charger for 30 seconds works for another minute or so. Shows that its charging. No red lights. Can the battery be reset or where is the fault.?

Samantha F.

Samantha F.asked

V8

Hi there. I have a v8 cordless dyson stick vacuum which will not charge. I have had for approx 2 years and when I plug in to charge, the LED light flashes with 4 red lights. Is this a fault or do I need a new battery?
Sam

Lawry Bugeja

I'm no expert on these things however I can say that I've never seen a red light on ours. On that basis I would guess it indicates a fault. Dyson monitors this website so hopefully they see your question and offer to assist.

DysonDyson

This does indicate something untoward is happening within your machine. So we can help with diagnosis and a resolution, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find our helpline details and link to Messenger here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Beaky

Hi Samantha F. I have only had my V8 for about a year but I would assume that you have a faulty battery as the lights should all be blue if the battery was working correctly. Please ring the Dyson Customer Care people and ask them how long the Warranty is for the Battery as I also have a Dyson V6 which after 4 years the battery died and I contacted them and purchased a new Battery for $78 which was delivered within 4 days. I could have purchased a 'generic' Battery from the Company I purchased the machine from originally, but the Dyson Battery comes with a 2 year warranty. Gael

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$799.00A$699.00A$799.00A$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016