Great when its actually working but try getting it fixed when its not.

We have had our Dyson V8 animal for less than 6 months. Already it isn't working. Dyson are not easy to deal with and they don't have enough authorised repairers to make getting it fixed easy. I would have thought that with a machine that is only 6 months old - where we have already replaced this and replaced that at their instructions and it is still not working they would simply do the right thing replace the entire machine through Harvey Norman where we bought it. But not so. No we have to take a 4 hour round trip to their service repairer or we have to post it off at our expense. Never again will we buy a Dyson.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

OK
Bad
Noise Level
Quiet
Terrible
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Wood
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. We certainly wouldn't expect you to take a four hour trip to our service providers as we can send parts and also provide mail in options at our cost during the guarantee period in addition to any resolutions offered by the retailer. We would value the opportunity to look into this and assist if you could kindly email your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once recieved, we will be in touch to assist. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Love it to bits

Great vacuum cleaner and the after service was super good even though warranty has run out. I would not hesitate to recommend. The service staff were brilliant and helpful. It died and I was given a new body and then another battery. Now working again

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Good
Good
Noise Level
Normal
Battery Life
Good
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Makes life easier

Who would of thought that a small extension hose would make life so much easier. We use it with our V8 animal stick, so the hand held vacuum can now be used in the car and in all nooks and crannies. A must have accessory.

Great machine

The motor may be small, but the suction power is incredible. Perfect for cleaning up around the house. the cordless machine is super convenient and very practical for anyone. I use this on a near daily basis and love it.

Purchased .

Quiet
Battery Life
Good
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Perfect for everyday use

I use the v8 Dyson on carpet rugs, tiles & wooden floors perfect on all conditions, I use it everyday as I have small children always dropping things on the floor & its so easy & convenient to use I literally plug it in to charge & it charges to last for 20 mins

Fantastic

I recently bought a Dyson V8, after doing a lot of research i was still a bit concerned about the battery life but i have been pleasantly surprised, i have a 2 story house with four bedrooms and timber floor and carpet in the bed rooms and i can vacuum all my carpets on level 3 and all timber floors on level 2 and still have battery charge to do the lounges as well, i am very happy with my Dyson and would highly recommend it

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Not good value for money

I have puchaced the Dyson V8 absolute + for my 2 bed unit and although the product is good it has some bad flaws. Firstly you have to hold the trigger on the whole time you are vacuming so after 20min vacuum your finger is numb and secondly I would expect that for the $ you have to purchase a Dyson the battery life should be much longer. I can barely get my small unit or car finished before it runs out, I find the extremely frustrating. A second battery would make all the difference in this great product.

Great product but now I am experiencing some issues

I thought this product was a great improvement to the earlier models. I am now experiencing intermittent power although I charged it fully. It barely lasts 2 minutes and then it stops. I charge it and remove it from the charger after 30 seconds then it goes for another 2 minutes the process repeats.

Annoying. Help !!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Jude, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am sorry to hear your machine isn't running for as long as it should, we will be happy to help get this sorted. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, ShanThanks Shan. Happy that you resolved the issue right away. Great & prompt service. I am very impressed. A replacement battery pack was sent within a day. I am looking forward to receiving it. Will update when I receive it. Thanks.Got the replacement battery yesterday. Charged it overnight. It lasted 10 mins on HIGH vacuum. I thought it lasts longer. Shan can you please verify. Thanks.

Makes me want to clean!!

I love this product.

I am, by my own admission, an awful housekeeper, and the state of my house is not helped by my large and hairy dog.

I didn’t think stick vacuums were for whole-house cleaning, but after my Mum bought one and I had a little try I took the plunge and turned my back on my old pull-along.

I admit, the battery life is short. My house is small, and I only just get the whole place done (with the machine set to turbo) before the battery goes flat. I kind of like that though.. it means I can tell myself ‘you only have to vacuum for 10 minutes max!’

My house is largely carpet, with a bit of tile and a bit of lino, and it performs well on all surfaces. The power head works super well and gets around and under furniture with ease.

the package I got came with all kinds of extra doodads for cleaning specific things. The mini power head is great for the carpets in the car, and the upholstery head gets the car seats looking great, and was really handy when I decided it was time I cleaned my blinds. The little corner tool gets everywhere you’d expect it to. I like that the one machine works as a little hand vac as well as being able to put many of the attachments onto the longer nozzle or the bendy nozzle.

The filters are easy to remove for cleaning, and the actual process of cleaning them is simple.

I did initially struggle to work out how to empty the canister. I think maybe the problem was me though, now I know how it’s actually really easy and I wonder what my problem was.

The only issue I have (and it’s not really an issue as much as an ‘is it just me?’) is that the little port to charge it is in the handle, and when I’ve been working away and my hand gets s little sweaty u get little zaps from it. nothing major, just a little buzz. I asked my mother if it ever happens to her, since I had it happen when I was using her machine too, and she said no! maybe I’m imagining it..

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Jol, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. We are so pleased to hear the the V8 is working well for you in your home. In regards from the zaps received from the machine, Although what you experienced was unpleasant, we assure you that this kind of static shock is harmless and is not associated with the main supply. Static electricity can occur in many ways and does build up in plastics quite easily. In a vacuum cleaner, static build up is due to the rubbing of fast moving particles against its plastic and metal surfaces. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Waste of money GARBAGE!

LOL I had to put that there, I paid $700 for a “state of the art” piece of technology that turned out to be utter JUNK! Ok so firstly, dealing with Dyson, ha! My previous experience wasn’t great because my upright died just after warranty ran out add some miscommunication and it almost cost me more to fix something then to replace it. ANYWAY, on the other note, I had a problem with a part on this particular machine and they replace it straight away in the mail.

Ok, so I can vacuum my whole house (up and down) and my lounge on min power. Max power I have to pick one then charge it for 5 hours which I don’t have 2 days to clean my house.
So min power, I think by the time I’m done I’ve vacuumed my house 3 times. Oh and don’t get me started in tiny specs of food, or rocks, or anything that packs a bit of weight, I have to position it in the middle and place the vacuum carefully down so much so not to blow the piece in reference out of the way, just to suck it up. So suction is crap. There is no blockage! I clean and service it once a month or when needed, so it’s not that. That’s just in tiles lol. And once a day so it isn’t THAT dirty.

Now carpet, again I find myself going over the same spots to pick up tiny little specks of paint or food.

Anyway on a lighter note, it’s light, it’s awesome now having a cord. But I can’t think of anything positive that is actually useful.

I have kids, I have pets, so I think I might need the v10 or maybe like the v30... we will see. Means paying another $900!!! To do the job that the original one is supposed to.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

First time user of a Dyson, amazing unit, light,simple to use extremely efficient, recommend to anyo

This is the ultimate vacuum cleaner for the average size home, works just great on carpet,vinyl, tiles and upholstery,lightweight and so easy to use and clean.The two level suction facility is amazing, ideal for hard to reach corners and under furniture. Have also used it in the car as it converts to a handheld. Would recommend it to anyone.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Charge is really bad

My dyson is mounted on the wall on charge all day however when I use it the charge is only lasting less than 4 minutes. I cannot even finish vacuuming my living room which is tiled, the charge runs out even quicker on carpet. Have had the product a year and it has been taken care of. Not happy that my housework is taking me so long now that I have to wait for it to charge again only to get another few minutes

Date PurchasedOct 2017

run time/ battery/ hard floor tool

I bought this model thinking it may have stronger suction and longer run time than my previous V6, however yes it did to begin with but 3 months down the track it lasts no longer than the V6. the problem is the battery wears down after such time therefore rendering it no better than any other brand out there except your throwing away $$$ for nothing in comparison to any other brand that's cordless. Also their hardfloor tool is so small it takes twice as long to do the job in comparison to the other brands that allows you to buy a generic brand floor tool that's twice as big and covers a bigger area getting the job done in no time and not using all the battery power in 5 minutes like the dyson. Wouldn't buy another one certainly not worth the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review your Dyson V8. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson machine and experiencing difficulties, we are happy to assist. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

Great vac

This vac is just so powerful compared to the last piece of rubbish I had. The battery lasts and lasts. It's strong enough to do all the carpet in my house, although it is a small house. The charge time is quick and even my young son can use it it is so easy

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Heavy, split out playdoh

Heavy and it designed for tall
If your less than 170cm, think about it.
I am such a trouble, stick is not adjustable so too long for me.
But the issues with me becoz I am short. Maybe okey for other.
If the stick is adjustable will be great.

Not powerful as imagined, little bit disappointed. But okey not as much price.

Scratch very easily, i was really carefully used at first day, but it scratched few in one day.

Great Vacuum

I bought this vacuum from tobydeals for much less than advertised in Australian shops. It is a great vacuum. Very lightweight and easy to use (my 3.5 year old can do it on his own!). It has lots of useful attachments and does a really nice job.

It has a very strong suction and the charge last enough to do my whole house. I use it on wood and carpeted floors.

Motor failed just after 2 yr warranty

Although the vacuum itself was convenient and did its job, we were somewhat disappointed that it only had a lifespan of 2 years prior to the motor failing. We took it back to store to which they responded that the period was just outside its 2 year warranty date (convenient). So sure buy the vacuum but anticipate that you may have to purchase a new one in 2 years. Stick with the old, corded, longer lasting reliable vacuums till they actually create a decent long lasting, cordless one.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this, regardless of the guarantee status, we are happy to help. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Fantastic V8 Animal

I have hard wood floors and deep wool rugs and carpets. It performs well on hardwood,big pieces it flicks around but small debris and dust and hair it is excellent. Where it excels is on the rugs and carpets. I did a once over on normal mode where it picked up a lot of debris, then i put it on Max mode and oh my I though I had clean rugs, but NO this animal picked up thick dust and silts that must have been there for years. I had to empty the pot. I was so amazed I took a photo. O course I knew the Max mode lasts only a few minutes but long enough to deep clean my rugs. The rest I did the next day.
I am blown away, I can highly recommend this V8. I have a large two story house and on Normal power it does it all. So now deep cleaning will only need to be done occasionally. It was expensive but well worth the money.
I would give it 5 out of 5 if the battery on Max lasted longer.
This machine would be a boon for allergy sufferers.

Innovation in vacuum cleaning

Gone are the days of having to tediously connect your vacuum to an outlet.
This is a perfect appliance. I absolutely love it and live by it. The battery life lasts for around 30 mins for full blast enough to clean the whole house.
If you don't own a dyson you are missing out of the whole new vacuum experience.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Poor Battery Life

We've had our Dyson for a bit over 12 months. We both suffer from arthritic pain in the wrists. We thought the Dyson would be much easier to use. Which it is. There's heaps of suction, and its a breeze to use, much easier than dragging the old barrel type around, but the battery life is pretty poor and getting worse with age.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hi, I am very disappointed that I cannot vacuum for even 2 minutes without the battery completely dying out, after being fully charged! What is going on? I expected much better from this brand, and that’s why I spent the big $$$. Very underwhelming and disappointing.
Oh, we have exactly same problem. At first it ran for 7 - 9 mins., two days ago phhht.Same here, there seems to be a theme, the company needs to take a good look at it. First time I called them about the problem (in that case the battery died completely) they replaced the battery, but the agent acted as if I was trying to con them. Now, about a year later the new battery is also playing up as you described.Hi Vicky, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear about this. We will be more than happy to help diagnose your machine and assist with a resolution. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

My dyson v8 charge is always running out of charge , what can I do?
Hi Rachel, Thank you for your query. The V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 40 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 7 minutes regardless of the tool in use. If your machine isn't achieving these run times, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

do I empty the v8 animal dust chamber before returning to wall?
Yes, I always empty it before recharging, but you don't have too.Hi there, Thank you for your query. While we do recommend to empty the machine after each use, it isn't necessary to empty the machine prior to charging. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly. Best wishes, Shan

V8 Absolute PlusV8 AbsoluteV8 Animal
Power115AW115AW115AW
Cleaner HeadSoft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner HeadSoft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner HeadDirect Drive Cleaner Head
Charging Time5hours5hours5hours