25Dyson V8

Cosgrove
CosgroveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC49 posts
  Verified Top Review Animal

I expected better for $600

I know everyone raves about Dyson and we have had an upright before and loved it, but smaller house now, the stick vac was the obvious choice and I must say, I'm not as impressed as others.
Is it an OK vac? Yes
Is it a great vac? No
We use this on hybrid, tile and carpet

Pros:
-easy to get out and use
-power head is really good on carpet and rugs
-accessories you get are good and useful
-easy to empty bin
-not overly noisy
-vacuum power head is great to maneuver
-using as a hand vac its good for car with small power head
-ok on tiles and hybrid flooring

Cons:
-price, it is just not worth the money overall
-the design of the handle, it puts pressure on my wrist to use
-I find the need to use it in turbo mode all the time, and that lasts 7 mins! The suction is just not great
-overall the battery life of 30 mins is ok, not great
-no option to switch out batteries, or plug in power and with a long cord use it ongoing indefinitely?
-stick is not telescopic, have to take it off if you want to suddenly change to a shorter length
-accessories and the prices are a joke
-the soft roller cleaner is not available in AU outside amazon? why?

After all this, I will be looking at other online info as I think the biggest issue is the suction is not great so considering if it is an issue with unit.

Purchased in at Dyson for $597.

• Product is used: Weekly
  • Pet Owner: No
  • Floor Type: Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
ShariR
ShariRNorth Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Top Review Animal

My favourite toy!!!

So.. I always hated vacuuming. Getting the heavy vacuum out, emptying it out, those paper bags and it was all just such a big effort. Then I lashed out in 2017 and got the Dyson Animal V8. At the time it was like top of the range and I nearly died at how much I was going to pay for it. But then I got home, charged it and BAM... I’m in love!!
Honestly so light, so easy to use just guides over the tiles, the wooden floors, the rugs. Small and easily fits under those corners and tv unit, lounge etc. so easy!! I use it on the lounge, in the car.. tray back of the Ute.. everywhere I can. Because it’s so light and easy just pick it up and few minutes later everythinf is clean. I love the boosted power helps with dirt on the car floors from kids and boots. Easily charges and does the whole house no worries. Emptying.. no longer a problem I just click the lever and bam it all drops into the bin. No more handling dusty filthy dirt bags and coughing and getting it all over me. Simple, clip back. And slip into dock to Continue to charge for next time. The power astonished me. Previously had a $500 vacuum the size of a wheelie bin.. now, kids spill something and we all race to get to quickly grab the Dyson and bam it’s clean and no one is grumpy! Worth every penny. At end of first year, battery wasn’t charging. Contacted store and was promptly contact by Dyson who immediately sent out a brand new replacement battery free of charge to my door. Slipped it in. Sweet as!! Cannot complain. Best money spend!! Easy, simpler life especially with dirty boots and kids oh and the pet hair... I’ve never known you can actually REALLY remove pet hair from lounges and rugs and car seat covers. Yep Dyson thought of it all! I know Dyson have since brought out newer models.. for us, our V8, 3 years on is still good as new and packed with sucking power. So we’ll stick with this one!

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $999.

• Product is used: Daily
  • Pet Owner: Yes
  • Floor Type: Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Frank W.
Frank W.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Amazing Vacuum

Excellent unit worked flawlessly. Battery needed replacing after heavy usage
John K.
John K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Can’t fault it

Never been happier and cleaner with this great device. I am amazed. Show details
Gaela and Russell
Gaela and RussellCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC90 posts
  Verified Absolute

Works well on all surfaces

It's simply great. We previously had a V6 and also still have a V8 Animal but the V8 Absolute is the best of them. Yes, they aren't cheap and battery life can be a bit hit and miss but the V6 has just been relegated to the garage with a new battery (after 6 years of daily use) and the 2.5 year old V8 Animal is still going strong.
We use it on wooden floors and thick carpet and it does a great job on both and it also gets used in the garage for cars etc.
The later method of emptying them is far better then the V6 method and it's also far less prone to blocking thanks to the design of the inlet being less restrictive.
We still have a corded XO2 backpack for big cleaning jobs but you can't beat a stick vac for convenience and ease of use. Show details
COWHNICA
COWHNICAHobart, TAS
  Absolute Plus

Great product, crap battery

The convenience and accessories in the product are amazing and I loved the product at 5 stars until a year passed and the battery allowed me 5 minutes use..... returned the battery under warranty for a new battery and the same thing happened. The battery is awful.... if you want this to be amazing, find the adaptor online and use a drill battery Show details
Dyson   DM

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If you wish to discuss this further and see what remedies are available, we'd kindly ask you to reach out to our customer support team, our contact details are found here:
external link

Sean
SeanCanberra Central 2602, ACT2 posts
  Verified Origin

Terrible service at Dyson and terrible product

I had 2 Dyson (V7 and V8). Both had battery died after just a bit more than a year.
Sent the V8 to Dyson for repair because the battery had 2 years warranty. It was obviously that the battery died but it took them 5 weeks to send the new battery and now at week 7 I still haven't received the machine back. Terrible service at Dyson and terrible product. And The Good Guys couldn't help either. Show details
Dyson   DM

Thanks for taking the time to share your honest feedback about your experience. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, we encourage you to reach out to our experts via external link

bpmicra
bpmicraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC10 posts

Dyson V8

For quick superficial cleaning only. No cords. Convenient. Hard floors. Show details
Dyson   DM

Thanks for your feedback! We’re always working to improve our products and technology, so we’re very grateful for all feedback provided.

jpg
jpgHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Disappointed no suction using crevice tool on Dyson V8 absolute

When using crevice too or dusting tool there is no suction it won’t clean out around window frames and doesn’t get dust off skirting boards, this is most disappointing to me.
soniakala.australia
soniakala.australiaSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive Absolute
Satisfied
Satisfied Goulburn Valley, VIC3 posts
  Origin

Not the best but far from the worst

Great vacuum for smaller tasks, eg quick carpet cleaning, floating floors or car cleaning. Not great for bigger projects. Batteries are a serious issue but can be easily replaced. They have a great wall mount with easy charging but it seems if you leave it on 24/7 it effects battery life. Show details
Hazel Murphy
Hazel MurphyMurray Mallee, SA10 posts
  Extra

Powerful, versatile and low noise. With de-tangling technology

Less noise, very effective and useful can clean and up to 40mins run time great way to finish to clean the whole house in a matter of minutes. Show details ·  1
Emma Hodges
Emma HodgesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

5 star Product

amazing product experience must buy this brand for your car and home Show details ·  1
John M.
John M.

Best Dyson EVER!

This is a great machine. I use it mostly on hard wood floors but I also have the carpet attachment. I did have to go out and buy a separate button holder but that's hardly an issue. I know it might cost more but if you can, it may be the last vacuum you have to buy. Show details ·  1
Daryl
DarylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts
  Animal

Better battery

I have V8 cordless vacuum. Battery life always was cr#p. Went on E bay and purchased a aftermarket one. Best thing I ever did. New battery is a 6000mAh compared to Dyson's 2800mAh. Never flattened the new one yet. Easy to install. Remove 3 screws, pull old battery out and reverse procedure and charge to fill. Show details

sheila H.
sheila H. · V8 Absolute

Can the battery be replaced?

Jill J.
Jill J. · V8 Animal

I purchased a Dyson V* Animal and shortly after one of the little purple pads on the bottom of the direct drive head came off and now I've lost both and it is scratching my hardwood floor. Is it possible to get replacements that will attach properly? or do you recommend the Soft roller cleaner head.

Lorraine D.
Lorraine D. · V8

I mistakenly closed the lint filter before snapping my Dyson back together after emptying it. Now I can’t open it to snap the cleaner back together. Help!

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview.com.au. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price.
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction.
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use.

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all Dyson V8 listings
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999$799$849$799
Bin Capacity0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesNo
Weight2.6 kg2.6 kg2.6 kg2.5 kg
Attachments Direct drive cleaner head, Combination toolCrevice Tool,Motorbar™ Cleaner head,Combination Tool,Mini Motorised Tool
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date
Awards 2017, 2018 and 20192017, 2018 and 20192017, 2018 and 20192017, 2018 and 2019
  • MPN: 18148, 271642-01, 394441-01 and 827760