See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not worth it

I bought this thinking it was gonna be a game changer but unfortunately the battery, suction and overall quality really let me down. I’m now considering a Kmart model as it’s cheaper

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

My fur baby & clean home are both very important to me & the V8 Animal has been the best gift I've ever bought myself!

Life as a dog mum and domestic goddess doesn't always go hand in hand but thanks to the Dyson V8 Animal I am able to have the best of both and it truly is the best gift I've ever bought myself! It was worth the money and reasonably priced! Lightweight, compact, great design and I love everything it does. I've already recommended it to family and friends too because it's that good.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Excellent product from an excellent brand.

I have had a Dyson V8 Absolute for about three months now and it has definitely been one of the better purchases I've made (!). It is easy to use and easy to install. It has enough power to run for 15-30 minutes and I have yet to run out of battery during use (and I use it a lot!). It is has many different attachments to use for hard floor, smaller areas etc - they all work quite well.

I have not had any problems with this Dyson V8 Absolute model. I'd recommend this product to friends and family!

Purchased in April 2019 at Dyson for $350.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Efficiency and great quality

Dyson vaccum V8 Animal using on carpet and tiles recently started using the product in my car as well. Amazing less dust in house since using this product. Great performance!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Dyson for $799.00.

Battery Quality is Ordinary for the Price

We bought three on the same day (Mothers day and good price compared to other shops). Two of the units batteries have failed under two years. Battery is poor quality for the price of the unit. Other than that it does a good job.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $600.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Great appliance can’t do without

Used frequently on carpets and tiles. On carpet, picks up copious quantity of cat fur. On tiles works just as well but can be noisy at times. The wife suffers allergies and find the appliance very helpful

Purchased in January 2018.

Floor Type Carpet

GREAT ON ALL SURFACES

Works well on carpet and tiles. The beauty is the unit is cordless and i do not have to have power points ready available to plug in.
Pet hair is gone in a flash as is the dirt bought in by visitors.
It is very easy to clean the unit which is a plus.
Would not fault the unit and can give Dyson a big plus

Purchased in June 2018.

wifes new lover

I brought this ode vacuum the Dyson v8 animal on special at Harvey Norman for $699 if i remember correctly what more can i say but she loves it (beginning to think more than me) she tried my sisters a v6 model i think and wanted one so much i got sick of hearing about it and surprised her with the v8 animal modal (got this model because the man/child in me liked the name im also a rev head and small dog owner that hates fur everywhere) our house has never been cleaner my garage now has a Dyson dc 3 to use in it happy wife and a happy life thanks Dyson awesome product

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Cat owners need this in their lives

I have an exotic shorthairs cat, who sheds an insane amount of hair.
When I first used the Dyson Absolute on our carpets I was horrified at the amount of cat hair my previous vacuum cleaner had failed to collect. I almost filled up an entire garbage bag of pet hair in one session thanks to this wonder machine. My mum purchased this for me for my birthday having raved about it’s ease of use incessantly.
And while I was skeptical at first, now I’m an absolute Dyson convert.
It’s easy to manoeuvre, has a great range of accessories to get into all the nooks and crannies, eliminates pet hair from carpets and all manner of dust particles.
The only downside is it needs regular emptying as it’s dust collecting area is not as large as the newer model.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Perfect! Best product ever bought.

I use the V8 Absolute on carpet and wood flooring and it is the best. Both floor types get cleaned really well without a hassle. It works really well on the carpet and wood floor and cannot believe the powerful suction.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

A must have for the busy families

I just love this and have had it for just over two years now. We use it for all our vacuuming, carpets and tiled floors. The vacuum works a treat on all surfaces and I would never buy anything else. I recently, rang about a problem, and thought I was in warranty. It was six weeks out. The customer service represensative worked out it was the battery. But Dyson gave me the battery free of charge as I had not made a claim in the two years. I also use the big Dyson, but it comes out only for the heavy cleaning, like spring cleaning.

Purchased in April 2017 at Appliances Online for $849.00.

Best Vacuum Ever

Will not buy any other brand. Great on tiles and carpet. After sales service is great. Eady to use. I have two dogs and this was why I bought a Dyson.

Purchased in September 2016.

Battery Life

Best vacuum cleaner ever!

I have 2 cats, 2 dogs and 2 kids and carpet, wood and tiled floors.
This vacuum cleaner handles dirt, fur and the different floor surfaces with ease.
My couches and chairs are now easy to keep fur free!
Lots of different attachments for different applications.
Light and user friendly and you can get a lot done with each charge.
Cannot recommend this product highly enough.

Purchased in June 2019.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

this is one of the best and top range vacuums

I have 2 fur babies that live indoor with the 6 other adults in the house, we have wooden floors in the main living area of the house as well as the bedrooms, the hall way, back room and laundry have slate floors the vacuum just slides through so easily with no problems in cleaning all the areas.
The amount of hair is just unbelievable that is left around the house due to the 2 fur babies but I can always rely on my Dyson V8 Animal to do a great job in leaving my house nice and clean free of hair.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Best vacume bought ever

I own 4 different types of vacuums and to be honest this is by far the best investment I have made. this tinny machine does all types of floors and gets used every single day. If you looking to by this product do not look further. I was skeptical about the battery life but it I can easily clean 2 story house in single charge that i 1 entire level of tiled floor and 1 floor with carpeted areas. I highly recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $579.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Don’t know why I waited so long.

I use this vacuum on tiles and carpet. There is no head or component changing one head does the task. Lots of suction with the carpet and it just glides.

Purchased in December 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $899.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Great and convenient, but expensive

Love my Dyson Animal for two main reasons: cordless for quick and easy vacuuming, and easy to dump/dispose of barrel. We have two dogs and two cats so I vacuum shedding fur daily. I love that the top just pops right off and I can easily take it out to the garbage outside to dump. Super light vacuum and seems to have great sucking power.

Cons:
Battery life: It dies before I can vacuum the whole house, unless I whip through super fast. (Living room and 3 bedroom with low carpet, about 5-10 mins, then dead.) That is my main wish for Dyson is to improve the battery life. Perhaps more expensive models have better results here.
Price: It’s a very expensive vacuum and I believe there are other cordless ones for a lower price, not sure if their quality though.

Overall I’m very happy I have it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Costco for $350.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Very happy with the vacuum!

I use the vacuum for my timber floor, I used all the time, it’s lighter than my old one, easy to clean, charge and store, also doing good job, I like it! Recommend for the people want to buy the good vacuum to clean their home!

Purchased in March 2019.

Floor Type Wood

Handy vacuum for a quick clean but wall mount feels flimsy

Purchased this (my first Dyson) in Dec 2018 for use in a single storey house with wood floors and carpet (not thick pile) with no pets. Handy vacuum for quick spot cleans of about 5-10mins after having people over - usually needs a recharge after about 6-8 of these runs (Never on max setting). Am able to get through the whole house without needing to recharge. Though the change of heads is recommended for carpet cleaning, I find using the standard motorised head works fine on my (thinner pile) rugs and carpets. Emptying the bin is fairly straightforward as well with no need to handle the contents directly.

Was really looking forward to using the wall mount however my unit required a lot of force to get plugged into the wall mount, and removing it stressed the power attachment point - can see it potentially breaking with time hence not used. Given the whole idea of a Dyson cordless is for quick cleans, this was disappointing.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Online Store for $500.00.

Floor Type Wood

Great vac

Great vac for any sort of floor. Love it...can possibly use in any sort of floor. I have had 3 Dyson so far and haven’t looked at any other brand since my first machine

Purchased in March 2019.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Dyson v8 absolute problem, charges up ok (all blue leds on) when trigger pressed no power and no lights serial no' ra6-uk-hfa1094a. Any help?thx
We are sorry to hear your Dyson V8 isn't turning on and will only be happy to help get your machine running as it should. We would kindly ask you to forward your details to askdyson@dyson.co.uk and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly to help get this sorted. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

I have the cordless V8 and I am wondering how do your operate without having to hold the on button?
The Dyson cord-free range have been engineered to work with a trigger to allow you to get the most use out of your battery run time. At this stage, Dyson cord-free machines don't work without the trigger being held. If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and are happy to help.

Hi, I have a Dyson V8 stick vacuum. The problem I am having is when the switch is turned to high it is flat out lasting for 1 minute but when I use it on low it work's good. Would you be able to help with this,Thank's Robyn Antoniazzi
Sorry to hear about this Robyn, please forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, one of our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get your machine up and running as it should. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.Serial number is [Number Removed] . I'm not putting my details on here for everyone to see.As this is a public forum Robyn, we have requested Product Review hide your details for your privacy. If you could please forward these to auaskdyson@dyson.com our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Dyson V8 Absolute PlusDyson V8 AbsoluteDyson V8 Animal
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBattery
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts) 115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016