25Dyson V8

Cosgrove
CosgroveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC46 posts
  Verified Top Review Animal

I expected better for $600

I know everyone raves about Dyson and we have had an upright before and loved it, but smaller house now, the stick vac was the obvious choice and I must say, I'm not as impressed as others.
Is it an OK vac? Yes
Is it a great vac? No
We use this on hybrid, tile and carpet

Pros:
-easy to get out and use
-power head is really good on carpet and rugs
-accessories you get are good and useful
-easy to empty bin
-not overly noisy
-vacuum power head is great to maneuver
-using as a hand vac its good for car with small power head
-ok on tiles and hybrid flooring

Cons:
-price, it is just not worth the money overall
-the design of the handle, it puts pressure on my wrist to use
-I find the need to use it in turbo mode all the time, and that lasts 7 mins! The suction is just not great
-overall the battery life of 30 mins is ok, not great
-no option to switch out batteries, or plug in power and with a long cord use it ongoing indefinitely?
-stick is not telescopic, have to take it off if you want to suddenly change to a shorter length
-accessories and the prices are a joke
-the soft roller cleaner is not available in AU outside amazon? why?

After all this, I will be looking at other online info as I think the biggest issue is the suction is not great so considering if it is an issue with unit.

Purchased in at Dyson for $597.

• Product is used: Weekly
  • Pet Owner: No
  • Floor Type: Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
ShariR
ShariRNorth Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Top Review Animal

My favourite toy!!!

So.. I always hated vacuuming. Getting the heavy vacuum out, emptying it out, those paper bags and it was all just such a big effort. Then I lashed out in 2017 and got the Dyson Animal V8. At the time it was like top of the range and I nearly died at how much I was going to pay for it. But then I got home, charged it and BAM... I’m in love!!
Honestly so light, so easy to use just guides over the tiles, the wooden floors, the rugs. Small and easily fits under those corners and tv unit, lounge etc. so easy!! I use it on the lounge, in the car.. tray back of the Ute.. everywhere I can. Because it’s so light and easy just pick it up and few minutes later everythinf is clean. I love the boosted power helps with dirt on the car floors from kids and boots. Easily charges and does the whole house no worries. Emptying.. no longer a problem I just click the lever and bam it all drops into the bin. No more handling dusty filthy dirt bags and coughing and getting it all over me. Simple, clip back. And slip into dock to Continue to charge for next time. The power astonished me. Previously had a $500 vacuum the size of a wheelie bin.. now, kids spill something and we all race to get to quickly grab the Dyson and bam it’s clean and no one is grumpy! Worth every penny. At end of first year, battery wasn’t charging. Contacted store and was promptly contact by Dyson who immediately sent out a brand new replacement battery free of charge to my door. Slipped it in. Sweet as!! Cannot complain. Best money spend!! Easy, simpler life especially with dirty boots and kids oh and the pet hair... I’ve never known you can actually REALLY remove pet hair from lounges and rugs and car seat covers. Yep Dyson thought of it all! I know Dyson have since brought out newer models.. for us, our V8, 3 years on is still good as new and packed with sucking power. So we’ll stick with this one!

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $999.

• Product is used: Daily
  • Pet Owner: Yes
  • Floor Type: Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Emma Hodges
Emma HodgesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

5 star Product

amazing product experience must buy this brand for your car and home Show details ·  1
John M.
John M.

Best Dyson EVER!

This is a great machine. I use it mostly on hard wood floors but I also have the carpet attachment. I did have to go out and buy a separate button holder but that's hardly an issue. I know it might cost more but if you can, it may be the last vacuum you have to buy. Show details
Daryl
DarylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Better battery

I have V8 cordless vacuum. Battery life always was cr#p. Went on E bay and purchased a aftermarket one. Best thing I ever did. New battery is a 6000mAh compared to Dyson's 2800mAh. Never flattened the new one yet. Easy to install. Remove 3 screws, pull old battery out and reverse procedure and charge to fill. Show details
Daryl
DarylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Better battery

Paul
PaulYamba20 posts

Dyson V8 replacing my v7

Replaced my V7 as it was aging.It has a stronger suction and is easier to manipulate.
It is heavier and a little difficult to empty.
Better on my carpets than the V7 Show details ·  1
Leon
LeonSouth East Queensland, QLD51 posts
Colleen O.
Colleen O.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Extra

This particular Model needs some modifications

I purchased Dyson Model 448588-01 in December 23. Initially happy with the power and ease of control. After a couple of uses I found the motor kept stopping and starting as if the dust chamber was full. On closer inspection I discovered that lint particles were trapped in the upper chambers and virtually impossible to remove. After many attempts I had to use a wooden skewer to remove lint/dirt from each chamber which takes 10-15 mins to fully clean. I checked with another Model and this is not a problem as that particular chamber is sealed. Extremely unhappy with this particular Model. Would appreciate some assistance as how to fix this problem. Show details
AmandaB
AmandaBGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Verified Absolute

Best vacuum ever

Really love this vacuum - incredible suction and the easy way to empty it without touching the contents is great. Amazed at what it collects and shows how no other vacuum
I have ever owned really ever cleaned the carpets. I have just had my hardwood floors resurfaced and it is actually fine on the wood also (without scratching) Show details ·  1
Lisa B
Lisa BSydney, NSW8 posts

Great Vacuum I love it

Purchased the Dyson V8 absolute when it was on special in January, fabulous vacuum.
Easy to manoeuvre, light weight, they give you lots of head options, very easy to use, quiet, extremely practical and to open the canister and empty so easy. Show details ·  1
MeMe
MeMeSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Absolute legend

Other than DYSON has the best cordless vacuum machine’s they have the absolute best customer service ;) Show details ·  1
ChoppaReid
ChoppaReidCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC4 posts
Jessica P.
Jessica P.Sydney, NSW11 posts

Cannot live without

So strong and light. Easy to use and very powerful. Show reply
dan
danSouth West, WA5 posts
  Origin

Worst product ever hands down!

Had this overpriced worthless paperweight for 12 months now. 2 and half minutes vacuum time before needing 8 hours charge! Beyond pathetic, bordering on fraud selling this complete junk!
Will never ever even entertain the thought of buying a dyson, will demand family and friends to steer clear and will warn anyone about the utter garbage if I see them purchasing. So bad it's put me on a mission! Show details

sheila H.
sheila H. · V8 Absolute

Can the battery be replaced?

Jill J.
Jill J. · V8 Animal

I purchased a Dyson V* Animal and shortly after one of the little purple pads on the bottom of the direct drive head came off and now I've lost both and it is scratching my hardwood floor. Is it possible to get replacements that will attach properly? or do you recommend the Soft roller cleaner head.

Lorraine D.
Lorraine D. · V8

I mistakenly closed the lint filter before snapping my Dyson back together after emptying it. Now I can’t open it to snap the cleaner back together. Help!

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview.com.au. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price.
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction.
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use.

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all Dyson V8 listings
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999$799$849$799
Bin Capacity0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesNo
Weight2.6 kg2.6 kg2.6 kg2.5 kg
Attachments Direct drive cleaner head, Combination toolCrevice Tool,Motorbar™ Cleaner head,Combination Tool,Mini Motorised Tool
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date
Awards 2017, 2018 and 20192017, 2018 and 20192017, 2018 and 20192017, 2018 and 2019
  • MPN: 18148, 271642-01, 394441-01 and 827760