Dyson V7

V7 Animal, V7 Cord-Free, V7 Origin, etc...
See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Outstanding customer service

Cons

• Limited 30-min running time

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (181) · No (158)
  • Battery Life

Linda
LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I expected more.

Great for a small space. I use it frequently, and while I set up the bracket and charger on the wall for easy use and charge, the chamber fills quickly and looses charge fast. I paid $400 for it on special and that’s probably too much.

Purchased in December 2020 at Myer Online Store for $400.00.

hannah_m
hannah_m

Dyson V7 Motörhead

Loved this product so much I bought one for my mum. So easy to use and clean out when it’s full. Can recommend it as a wonderful product. The charge lasts 30 minutes on the normal function and about 10 minutes when on the super charged clean. It really is a great product to have and I know I will get another when the time is right.

Jay and Isa
Jay and IsaSydney, NSW

It worth it! I have 2 cats and this vacuum eases my life to keep everything clean, even sofa, chairs, carpet..

Sofa, carpet, chairs..

I just need a new brush and it's sold out a long time. This is the only problem. Please let me know when you have it in stock

Purchased in December 2019 for $499.00.

sanja
sanjaAU

Great machine with confusing insturctions for use

Purchased in May 2021 at Dyson for $399.00.

KnG
KnGQueensland

Noting but problems

Brought this product for easy of use and have nothing but trouble since.
Several batteries have failed and they have replaced them saying that there was a fault.
However after three replacements, and a lot of my time packing up and sending it back and it still not working I have given up.
Very disappointing as this vacuum does have some good features.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $79.99.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Michelle S.
Michelle S.Gippsland, VIC

1st time Dyson user and converted

I bought the Vac a couple of years back when we were living in a multi level house, the ease of being able to move about effortlessly won me over!

Purchased in July 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for $300.00.

Dave
DavePerth, WA

A very good product

This vacuum cleaner is the best I've ever had and is a huge improvement on the previous Dyson that I had.
I use it on wooden floors and it's powerful, effective and the battery lasts for as long as is required.
It's equally good on carpet, sofas and wooden flooring.

Purchased in January 2021 at Dyson for $399.00.

Joan
JoanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best vacuum I've ever had

This vacuum performs on all surfaces, carpet, linoleum, tiles polished concrete and wooden.
The suction on this machine is incredible, with the rotating head scooping everything up to the barrel. It is complimented with a few accessories, which allow you to get into hard to reach places.
I cleaned my reverse cycle aircon with it. I'm incredibly impressed with this vacuum, I don't have to bend down, it's light and easy to empty.
I wouldn't swap this for anything else on the market, and this one isn't even the top of the range.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $479.00.

New lounge and chairs.
New lounge and chairs.Southwest, VIC

Just great !!

To tell the truth when we bought our Dyson V7 I was very sceptical that it could the job of a corded vacuum cleaner, well was I wrong, we have tiles, wooden laminate and carpets and this V7 works just great on all of them with no loss of suction. It is also very easy to empty, and store on a wall or even inside a laundry cupboard if it has a power point.

Wendy frances
Wendy francesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I just couldn’t use it, it was dirty emptying it, half the time I couldn’t get the head of it in place

I used it on carpet
It didn’t work well at all
I gave it away to my son, but he did t like it
I bought it from Myers, northland they didn’t want to know me

Purchased in February 2019 for $750.00.

Sydney Customer
Sydney CustomerSydney, NSW

The best vacuum cleaner

Absolutely happy to have this stick and compact vacuum cleaner. It is the best one we ever had. Cleans well for timber and tiles. Sturdy vacuum cleaner we have for over 6 years now!

Purchased in May 2015 at The Good Guys Physical store for $450.00.

sateesh
sateeshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good handheld vacuum but requires more battery power

Usage: I use Dyson v7 animal origin mostly on floor carpets and car floor mats; comes with 3 detachable extensions; easy to go to corners or tight spaces, light weight, easy to carry.

Performance: its very good ; good suction;

Cleaning : easy to clean after use.

Customer Support : Good support system in case of any troubleshooting

Only bad thing to mention is battery time. 20 mins to 30 mins . Overall good product

Purchased in December 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $499.00.

Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely love my dyson vacuum. It is wonderful to see how much fluff and rubbish it collects every time I use it.

Best suction, easy to manuver and use with easy every time I use it. Very efficient suction of my floor boards as well as my carpet. In my opinion this is the best vacuum I have ever used.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture.

Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loving cord free

I replaced my traditional barrel type vacuum with a stick vacuum. having never used one previously I was not sure of a brand although I had 3 in mind. After a demo of dyson I was sold. I love it on my new loose lay plank floors and tiles, the convenience of rechargeable is great. The only drawback is the charge only lasts about 30mins.

Purchased in June 2021.

DonnaGeelong
DonnaGeelongSouthwest, VIC

Sucks like a dream!

I never in my born days ever thought I would enjoy vacuuming EVER! This dynamic machine makes it a dream …. It glides and does all the work for you with little of no effort - the lazy cheaters best friends.

Purchased in March 2018 for $395.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Francene C.
Francene C.asked
V7 Animal

How long is the expected life span of the fade-free lithium-ion batteries that's in this model please? How much is it to replace such batteries too? Thanks.

John13

From my personal experience, less than 2 years. Replacement battery is around $90.00 but it is important to note that replacement batteries only have a one year warranty - which says a lot.

DysonDyson

As there are many variables that can affect batteries it's almost impossible to predict exactly how long an individual battery will last in real world conditions, and this is the case with batteries from any manufacturer. Many variables that can affect batteries include storage, charging and usage cycles, and extremes of temperature.

That being said, when a Dyson battery reaches the end of it's useful life, they can easily be replaced at home with no need to send the machine in for service. At time of writing the battery for the Dyson V7 is available for $89 and can be purchased here: https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-v7-replacement-battery-968670-02

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

the vagabondo
the vagabondo

Dear Friend, you have asked a very important question, equally important as build quality and warranty. I have only had my Dyson v7 for 6 months. I expect, and will demand at least 3+ years from the battery, though hopefully longer. NSW Fair Trading will help mediate if manufacturers do not adhere to Australian consumer law which says, “Goods are of acceptable quality when a reasonable consumer, fully aware of the goods’ condition (including any defects) would find them: … durable—for example, the toaster must function for a reasonable time after purchase, without breaking down.“ What is a reasonable amount of time for a vacuum cleaner? At least 3 years, I think, especially when we pay $300+. Glad to help!

Jake v.
Jake v.asked
V7 Animal

ours the red light flashes 10 times what does this mean

John13

Have you removed and washed out the central cloth filter that is removable from the top of the canister assembly? This filter pulls out the top, and can be separated into two parts at the snap-ring at the top. Try that first. Generally, if it blinks up to 12 times, it means there is a problem with the motor, more than that (32 times) means a problem with the battery.

Hi Jake,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

If you are still finding there is an issue after washing the filter per the above instructions we would recommend to reach out to our helpline for further assistance. We are available 7 days via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Sally
Sallyasked
V7

My dyson V7 Motorhead will not hold charge. I have tried turning off and holding button for 20 seconds ... this worked for a while .. however time consuming each time. Not working for more than 20 seconds again no matter what I do. Probably 18 months old.

Hi Sally,

Please be assured our Cord-Free machines carry a 2 year Dyson guarantee. So we are able to further assist we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, live chat or email through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V7

The V7 shares many of the same features as other Dyson vacuum cleaners, but is less advanced. For instance, the V11 boasts a 60-minute running time, whereas the V7 runs for only 30 minutes before needing to be recharged.

Features:

• Two power options: Max Mode offers a stronger suction, and Powerful Mode provides extended usage
  • The V7 series is made up of two different vacuum cleaners; the V7 Motorhead and the V7 Cord-free
  • The two vacuum cleaners in this series are pretty much identical. At $599 each, they share the same price and features, with the only difference being the filtration system – unlike the V7 Cord-free, the V7 Motorhead uses a whole machine filtration system.
  • The V7 offers a 10-min improvement over the V6, with a total running time of 30 mins

Points to consider about this vacuum:

• The 30-min running time meant that many people had to stop to recharge often. However, some reviewers did mention that they thought that the vacuum charged quite rapidly.
  • Friendly and helpful customer service was a recurring point of praise. If there were any issues, it was simple as making a phone call to receive a new replacement part or to have assistance with troubleshooting any problems.
  • Reviewers reported buying the newer V8 and V11 vacuums (whether in conjunction or as a replacement), which might indicate that this series might begin to be phased out at some point. So if you’ve got your eye set on purchasing a V7, you should probably buy one soon.
Compare all 7 Dyson V7
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners and Handheld Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $599.00$699.00$299.00$399.00
Bin Capacity0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight2.32 kg2.32 kg2.4 kg2.32 kg
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 30 min30 min30 min30 min
Suction (Air Watts)100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manual