Dyson V7

Brilliant!!!!

Bought on special for $399

Hands down the best value for money you will get.

I am a fan of dyson products as they have proven to be very high quality and high continuity of service.

We had the v6 previously and this model is much better again. (V6 is still going well after many years - but is now used downstairs)

Suction is better, the dust bin empty system is a FAR superior design to the v6, it’s far quieter then the v6. More ergonomic, and the agitator head is MUCH better then the previous model v6.

Your house will be much cleaner because it’s MUCH easier to use then a conventional vacuum cleaner.

Runtime is very acceptable for a 3 bed house. Max suction mode is not needed as the agitator head works well. The v7 always manages to collect a disturbing amount of dust every run around the house.

If you have a pet (we have a kelpie) this is a MUST have product!

As with all dyson products. Empty the bin regularly so the cyclones can form and separate the dust before the secondary filter. A periodic blow out with compressed air never goes astray.

I have recommended these to more people then I know. Excellent wedding gift! You will never plug in a vac ever again! Promise!

Purchased in September 2018 at Kogan.com for $399.00.

Worst Vacuumer Cleaner

This is the second Dyson I have bought. The first was great. Bought this because now living in a caravan. Worst vacuum cleaner ever. Too hard to empty. Run time is terrible considering it takes 2 hours to charge. I am not able to clean back and front of a 4WD in less than full 2 charges. If you don’t run it on max, it doesn’t pick up anything.
Instructions supplied are not much use at all

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Life saver

Long lasting, brilliant, easy to use!

I use this every day after work and do my entire house! I couldn’t do without it! It’s easy to move around the entire house! Since I got this I have not touched my v10 cord vac

Purchased in May 2018 for $400.00.

Excellent machinery

Got this on sale and love it. Runtime would be considered short for some but if you have a smallish apartment like I have, it's perfect. Has good suction power for my couches, floorboards and carpets. You can also switch it to max power (obviously with a shorter run-time) which is great. Highly recommend and agree with most the good reviews here

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $549.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Battery life is crap

Battery life is crap not worth the money people pay for it I can't even vacuum a small house with out the battery running out should be selling for no more then $100 to $150 u r getting ripped off people if you buy this

Purchased in April 2018 at Weight Losers for $700.00.

Floor Type Wood

Great vacuum especially for stairs!

It’s small and lightweight. Has regular power or you can amp it up to higher power spurts for harder to clean areas, although the battery runs out quicker. Being cordless makes it great for stairs and small areas. Looks good too.

Purchased in September 2018 at Amazon for $341.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Going strong

I have both carpet and tile flooring and my Dyson works equally good. It's been a year and still looks good as new. I have a cat and it helps me cleaning cat hair which I possibly can't do it with another vaccum cleaner. I like how it takes very less space for charging.

Purchased in January 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Not Sure The $$ Is Worth It

We use our Dyson every day, love the convenience of cordless cleaning, decent suction and great swivel head. More expensive than other brands with similar features yet the battery has been replaced three times now and that’s not cheap either. Purchased for longevity however I’m not sure we’ll buy again as the lifespan isn’t near what we expected v the initial outlay and battery replacement costs. Not up there with value for money unfortunately.

Purchased in March 2013.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Happy....but

I had the same problem. Bought from jb hifi, loved it, but 3 months later the battery died, which is strange given it was only 3 months old. Took it back to retailer though and got replaced (the whole thing not just the battery) immediately. But I’m kind of worried now that it may happen again.

Purchased in September 2018 for $400.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Great Suction- no trigger lock option for 'on'. NOT IDEAL for those with arthritis or similar

Major flaw in the design is the lack of a trigger lock option. I had a Vax before this and the lock meant NOT having to constantly hold down the 'on' button to use the vacuum.

If you have arthritis or other similar issues, the Dyson cordless range is NOT for you. I truly regret the purchase decision~ particularly given all the issues I've had over the years with Dyson products in general. I have read reviews where people have used cable ties or similar to fix the problem, frankly- for the cost of the product.... you shouldn't have too!!

Purchased in January 2019 for $412.00.

Over Hyped...more wind than suction

This was a gift from mum, and was expensive $700ish. A positive is there is no bag to throw away. But the washable filter needs 24 hrs to dry - a spare is $19 (roughly?). And on emptyimg you get a bin, and face, full of dust because yhe trapdoor opens toward you. On hard floors the large motorised head is just OK 5/10. On carpet (1 room a t a time...!) it scores 5.5/10. Car cleaning (1 car at a time) 4/10. Battery endurance per 5 hours is enough for a quick tidy up in the living area, OR 1 reasonably clean car OR 1 carpeted room NO MORE! Charging time is poor abt 5 hours ridiculously slow in 2019 and the battery is built in, so no hot-swap. It would never (ever) have kept up with the twins as youngsters . For example, there's not enough suction power or battery endurance for renter/student pre-inspection panic cleanups (back in the day). The optuonal car cleaning kit is about another $80. You really need this to get to the nooks and crannies inside a car because the v7 is fat bodied, the supplied tools are inflexible and incompatible with 'normal'vacuum cleaner tools /attachments. I am disappointed with the V7.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $700.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Very good

I bought this from JBHi
Cordless vacuum with a brush attachment and a short nose attchment( which is very handy Never spent so much on a vacuum before but have been very please

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

I strangely look forward to vacuuming

Best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned. The suction is incredible. I vacuum twice a week and I cannot believe how much dust and hair there is for just two people. It’s easy to clean too. Love it sooo much!!

Purchased in December 2017 at Big W Retail Stores.

Great vacuum

Great vacuum, very easy to handle and has a very strong suction. The only downfall is that you can’t vacuum up larger items the size of a five cent piece.

Purchased in September 2018 for $699.00.

Dyson v7 great as a cord-free, but battery dead in 3 months

No complaint on the design and performance on the cordless vacuum cleaner.
But the battery dead in three months.
Dyson promised to send replacement and nothing happened in 4 weeks.
Searched on Ebay, only 1 to 2 OEM batteries available for V7. Much more suppliers for V8.
Looks like V7 got a battery quality/supply problem.
Without a battery, the vacuum cleaner is useless.

Purchased in October 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $450.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Hi John, Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson V7 and haven't received your battery. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect and we will be happy to follow this up for you. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, ShanContacted Dyson and replacement battery arrived within 3 days. The V7 is working as it should. Thanks for your help.

Love it but shocks super bad me! BUT I have the fix!

Solved problem of ceramic floors always dirty with broom and stairs, But it shocks me super hard! FiX First wear tennis shoes and ,remove rings from your hands. Second, modify an automotive plug and insert into the charging port. Make sure the plug is the right material. Dyson says dont stick anything in it but the shock is real! It turns the vacuum off its so hard. I cant deal with it. But I love it and dont want to return it so we fixed the problem.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Good but

Easy to use in rooms and especially in cars. It's not heavy. Tried on all surfaces - tiles, carpet, laminate - all good. Overall I'm happy with the purchase.
The only thing I don't like very much is how long the charge lasts. I have to stop in the middle of cleaning, charge it and then continue.

Great purchase

It’s been a great purchase so far! Quick, good suction and the whole family can use it. My 11 year old and 8 year old now enjoy helping clean! Surfaces used on - tiles, carpet wood. Only negative is how long the charge lasts for as I usually can’t make it around the whole house.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Convenient, but not a replacement for a full sized vacuum cleaner

Great for the car, and maybe a few rooms of the house.
This is used on a combination of wood, carpets and rugs.
Unfortunately, it has a small capacity and fills after each room. It is however, very easy to empty.
I think it's a great tool to supplement the full sized vacuum and has made some areas of the house much easier to clean, but not a replacement.

Great hand held vacuum!

I purchased this vacuum when my baby was born. Out house was only one year old, and the amount if dust and dirt I vacuumed up was appalling!
I use it on my hardwood floors to my carpet rooms without changing attachments. Highly recommend this version. I use the Max suction option, and am still amazed at the debris it collects.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Why do the batteries keep dying ?
Because of the high power , it uses the battery quite quick .

I have my Dyson mounted in my garage. For the last few days the blue light has been off and the solid yellow light is displayed, and it has not charge. Could this be due to the temperature in the garage?
Hi Sharon, Thank you for your query. Dyson machines are designed to be charged in temperatures between 3°C and 30°C. If outside this range, the machine may not function or charge as expected. In your particular circumstance, it sounds like the battery is either too hot or too cold and, as a safety precaution, it won't charge until it is within the recommended temperatures. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Once fully charged, can it stay plugged in?
Yes. However need to unplug it to turn the machine on.Hi Kenny, Thank you for your query. Your Dyson V7 Animal has smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure the machine won't overcharge. We recommend you leave the machine on charge when not in use, this will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over. Because of these electronics, it is also perfectly okay to do quick "top-up" charges without the need to exhaust the battery each time before charging. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

V7 Cord-FreeV7 Animal
Power SourceBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 30 min30 min
Suction (Air Watts) 100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Similar listings