Dyson V7

Dyson V7

V7 Animal, V7 Cord-Free, V7 Origin, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

4.2

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (110) · No (98)
  • Battery Life

kate

kateWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

V7 cordless

I used the V7 cordless today an it is brilliant. Bought from Big W . Highly recommended. I have had Dyson's over the last 20 yrs, an you can not fault them . I use it on vinyl an carpet.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Sharen

SharenSydney, NSW

Cant live without it. Best vacuum.

Recently purchased this vacuum and i am very impressed. I am thinking about purchasing another and storing it until this one fails because ive been through a hell of a lot of vacuums in my years and they just don't cut it like the v7. 10/10.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for A$507.00.

Floor Type Carpet
HollyWaffle

HollyWaffleHobart, TAS

Excellent vacuum

Excellent vacuum, great suction, long lasting battery, pick up animal hair no problem. Works on either carpet, tiles lino or floorboards with needing to change heads. Easy to use with push button trigger. Plenty of attachments for vacuuming various items.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Katherine

KatherineSydney, NSW

Best Vacuum Cleaner so far!

This is by far my best vacuum cleaner. I use if for carpet and wooden floor and it works perfectly in both types of floorings. Nevertheless, the MAX option only lasts for 10 minutes. So I will normally use the normal mode for vacuuming which is already sufficient for me to clean my house.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones for A$699.00.

Michaela

Michaela

Love this cordless vacuum

I bought this as I have a terrace house and was struggling with dragging around a big vacuum. This does a good job on both carpet and tiles and charger lasts long enough to do the whole house.

Purchased in January 2020 at David Jones Online Store.

bestinstock

bestinstockPerth, WA

Very convenient

One of the best vacuum cleaners I’ve had till date. Battery power lasts a reasonable amount of time. Very convenient without a cord. Very effective in cleaning objects and particles on rugs and tiles.

Purchased in July 2019.

Gerri I

Gerri INorth Queensland, QLD

lite and easy to use

we. use it a few times a day, we have too many cats and a couple of dogs and live on sand, so the floor is always messy. love that we can grab the stick vac and clean up quick

Purchased in January 2020 for A$349.00.

So handy

We have a larger (not cordless) dyson and we've found it pretty good. But we wanted something smaller and light for the office. This was a great little solution. I don't think the suction is quite as strong, and it doesn't take long for the charge to run out. But for what we needed it does the job well well enough.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$460.00.

Macca

MaccaTasmania

What a surprise

I must admit that I was sceptical the battery would last long enough to do a e bedroom house but it does it with ease on the normal setting. You get at best 20mins on the max setting. But have found it still woks fantastic on tbe normal setting even with pets so a massive thumbs up from me.

Floor Type Carpet

Lena

LenaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I really love this product. No regrets!

I use it to vacuum all the carpets as well as tile and my wooden floor. It is efficient and the battery never fails.
It cleans well and able to pick up small stuffs.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$579.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Ricky

RickySydney, NSW

Great Performace

Very happy with this vacuum cleaner! I use it to clean wooden floor and carpet. Both works fine. It has two power modes. I use MAX mode to clean carpet for stronger suctions. (MAX mode only works for around 6 minutes until the battery dies). It just works perfectly. It is also easy to clear the dusts/rubbish in the vacuum cleaner. I would definitely recommend this product!

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for A$449.00.

Amy L.

Amy L.Sydney, NSW

Lightweight and powerful

It’s so light compared to the v6 slim. the suction works well on my laminate floors and carpet (on max suction) battery is good enough for my 3 bedroom apartment.

Mel K.

Mel K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy customer

I brought the Dyson V7 for $391 which was a good price .
I use it on carpet with high voltage and normal voltage on tiles this saves the battery .
I’m happy with my V7 it has good power and gets the job done .

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$391.00.

PoshBlondie

PoshBlondieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing for such a big brand name

I bought this hoping it would do an amazing job (like everyone says) but I must say I am very disappointed. I have a corded Miele vacuum cleaner that I use for my big clean up so my Dyson is just for quick vacuuming of kitty fur and other bits and pieces. It doesn’t suck up like my Miele, nowhere near as good AND my hand hurts after having to hold the ‘on’ trigger. You can only get a few minutes of use too which is pretty disappointing for a $400 vacuum.
I’ll be sticking to Miele - sorry Dyson, I don’t understand the hype.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer for A$357.00.

Gaoyang W.

Gaoyang W.Sydney, NSW

Happy customer

I have a Dyson core vacuum already. This is an extra for easy handling. I suggest this won’t be big enough for a big area carpet vacuum job as you will need to empty the bin each time after cleaning. In terms of the performance, it’s as good as all other Dyson products I am using.

Purchased in June 2020 at Catch for A$540.00.

Dean H.

Dean H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Amazing Product, Fast and Convenient.

The only head that comes with this works both on Hard Floors and Carpeted areas with a flick of a switch.
Amazing design, ease of use compared to a corded vacuum is amazing.
Charge time is decent, but could always be longer (as is the case with everything with a battery though).
Will be a returning customer to Dyson in the future :)

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$349.00.

STILL IN LOVE.

Thanks Mr DYSON for my second Dyson in 12 years. Loved my original barrel vacuum and it gave us 12 years of faithful service, but now we have had to replace it and just bought the new Animal cordless 7. What a delight it is to have this machine. We have dogs and I have tried other Vacuums. NO comparison for suction and performance. JUST LOVE IT.

Purchased in June 2020 at Betta Home Living for A$470.00.

Bobbi

BobbiPerth, WA

Does the job and quiet too!

Love this vacuum to clean crumbs in draws and hair from bathroom draws. Easy to use in car also! Happy to use at night also as it’s nice and quiet

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer for A$299.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Sarah K

Sarah KPerth, WA

Gam changer - wish I’d bought one sooner

I probably use this everyday as it’s so easy to just grab and go with no cord to consider. Perfect for getting up the crumbs from 2 small children. We have a mix of hardwood and carpets and can’t believe how much it picks up every time we use it. One charge will do the whole house (3 beds - 2 floors) but unit can feel heavy by the end of doing the whole house.

Purchased in May 2020 at Target Australia for A$399.00.

Half Happy

Half HappyHobart

Pretty Good

It's light and easy to move around. The battery life is not huge but that was well explained at time of purchase. On hard floors, it's fine. On carpets, it's ok on high power. It's size makes it easy to use to vacuum the car, although I think that however it is used, you really need to use a 'real' vacuum cleaner every so often to do the job properly, as it's not as a good as a corded vacuum.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$395.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Rami

Ramiasked

V7 Animal

Hi, my Dyson V7 Animal is not working on ‘Max suction’ mode. It is working properly on the normal suction mode. Note that the filter is cleaned already. Kindly support to solve this issue .

Dyson Team ..Dyson

If your Dyson V7 is working well otherwise (i.e. picking up dust and debris) when not in Max mode, and the lights on the machine turn on when the machine is plugged in, it would indicate the battery on the machine would need to be replaced. While currently out of stock, when back in stock you can purchase a replacement battery for the Dyson V8 here: https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-v7-replacement-battery-968670-02. We would always encourage use of a genuine Dyson battery to ensure your machine works as intended and designed.

If this isn't the case, the machine is under two years old, or you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Micky B.

Micky B.asked

V7 Animal

Can you use it on the patio to pick up bird seed?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Dyson don't recommend the use of our machines outdoors or in any areas that could be wet. Some outdoor surfaces can also be rougher than the indoor surfaces which contribute to more wear and tear on your machine as it is designed for use in the home.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Benny H.

Benny H.asked

V7 Animal

I purchased one of these 3 weeks ago. I live alone so do not need to use very often. I dont currently have it on wall mount, and have been placing in a cupboard after use. Each time I have gone to use the dyson again I have had to charge it 1st. To vacuum my entire house only takes approximately 5 minutes so I dont believe that is draining the battery. Am I supposed to be turning it off after use as I cant find a way of doing this?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

All Dyson V7 machines have smart electronics within the machine, battery and charger to ensure they won't overcharge.

It is recommended you leave the machine on charge when not in use, even if you haven't fully used the battery. This will ensure it is always ready for your next cleaning session. The electronics in the machine will ensure the battery charges to 100%, but not over.

If your machine is left off the charger, it is in a "standby" mode, and the battery will slowly be used. Putting your machine on charge stops this.

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries, please feel free to reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives