Dyson V7

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

My best friend. Used at least once a day.

This is my third cordless dyson and they just keep getting better.
I use this everyday in my 38sq home to pick up all the crumbs and dust and works a treat on both floorboards and carpet. It is slightly loud but that only bothers my kids and husband and not myself :)
I'm sure the newer models would be even better but I can't imagine it being worth the price difference considering I purchased this for only $350 at The Good Guys. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $350.00.

Amazing vacuum

Moved into a small apartment so took the opportunity to buy a cordless Dyson.

By the most part I am truly very happy with not having to bother with cords anymore and dragging the old barrell around.

The machine is lovely and light and very easy to get out and just use just about everywhere. It is also very easy to empty/clean.

Unfortunately the only thing that let me down is the battery life. I was only able to clean the whole apartment the first time I charged it. After that the charge has been varied. I’m not using the max suction as I only have tiled floors but I am finding that the battery life varies with each use. I had almost a 30 min use the first time I used it. After that it’s been half that with every use. So now I just clean my apartment at 2 or 3 different times which is still better than having to drag my old heavy Dyson around the place I suppose since it’s very easy to get out and use at any time. But definitely can’t clean my whole apartment in one go. Other than not experiencing the 30 mins as advertised, I’m enjoying the cordless vacuum.

Purchased in July 2019 at Costco NSW, Marsden Park for $399.00.

Floor Type Tiles
The run time of the Dyson V7™ will vary based on the power mode selected and whether the machine is being used with a motorized attachment. On low power with non-motorized tools expect up to 30 minutes, and with a motorized tool the run time is 20 minutes. On Max power, regardless of the tool used, the run time is up to 6 minutes. If you're machine isn't achieving these run times please contact us via email at auaskdyson@dyson.com with your contact details, the serial number and your machine's current run times, and our experts will be happy to help.

Amazing Vacuum! Dyson hits the mark once again!

- Light and easy to handle
- Amazing suction, like no other vacuum in the market
- Easy to charge and stash away
- Great battery life for those living in an apartment
- Reasonably priced
- Dyson always has parts on hand for when you need it in the future
- Great customer experience with Dyson repairs in the past

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for $349.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Don't waste your hard earned money

Don't waste your hard earned money - poor suction -Blows exhaust into your face - goes flat very quickly and can not change battery - it has taken 7 versions to get this far no wonder Dyson has come up with more - never buy a Dyson- it is only for the rich who never use it anyway - Ian ---- yes a Man that knows atmospheric pressure is what actually pushes the dust up the dys and that the only thing that really sucks is the Dyson itself

Purchased in June 2018 at Goodgearnation for $499.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Wood
Hi Ian, In Max power this machine has strong suction and a 6 minute run time. New machines come set to Max power, so feel free to switch your machine back to the low power mode for most vacuuming tasks. The low power run time will be far longer, up to 20 minutes with a motorised tool and up to 30 minutes with a non-motorised tool and the volume and velocity of the expelled air will drop too. To see how to switch modes, the Dyson V7™ video guide for new owners can be found here: https://youtu.be/Y5YQj1Wp6iE Feel free to email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com if you have any questions or need assistance with your machine.As i said before Don't waste your money

My wife loves it!

We use this hand held vacuum every day. It picks up our cat hair without a problem. Even though we do not normally use it on the boost setting we found when we did the rechargeable battery only lasted about 8 minutes. Normal power lasts approximately 20 minutes and is enough for us vacuum all the carpets in our dwelling. This vacuum lives up to its advertising.

Purchased in February 2019 for $440.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

It's good but have used others much less price that can do just as good so it's really personal likes I think

dosent hold a lot in it's collection tube
I have used it on floorboards carpet and tiles it does have more suction then other's but for the price it's over priced

Purchased in December 2018 for $395.00.

Not great

We loved this vacuum for a while. It was great as it was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre around the house but after a couple of months the head stopped spinning, we tried to fix it but nothing was blocking it from spinning. Then about a month later it started running out of charge really quickly. We would charge it all night then it’d only go for about 2 minutes.

If you’re going to spend money on a good vacuum then get yourself one of Dyson’s big ball corded vacuums. They work well!

Purchased in May 2017 at Big W for $400.00.

Floor Type Carpet
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time on your V7 machine. We are happy to help get your machine running as normal and would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

What an improvement

Recently purchased on sale at Big W the Dyson V7 Origin (not the animal). Had previously had the V6 small one and found it hard to empty and the floor tool kept clogging up - well the V7 is so much better! The battery lasts for 30 mins on normal (have only had to put onto max once) - it is so much easier to empty with the pull up handle and nothing gets stuck on the floor tool.

Best vacuum cleaner I’ve owned!

I now know why everyone loves Dyson! This is a really good vacuum cleaner. Suction is great, easy to manoeuvre around furniture etc. Whilst it has a Max power mode, you don’t really need to use it as the standard mode works perfectly and the battery life lasts much longer on this. Only downside is that it does take a few hours to charge, but in saying that I can go quite a while before needing to recharge. It’s perfect for a smaller home. Also works great in the car with the other fitting. Highly recommend.

Dyson V7

We put up with an inexpensive hand vacuum cleaner for a long time, thinking it was good enough but when the battery packed in, we lashed out on a Dyson, having experienced my daughter’s Dyson. She was right, this machine packs a punch, easy to use, lightweight and picks up everything it’s asked to. Two of the best features are the small wand to get into corners, along skirting boards, window ledges, ceiling cobwebs, etc but the absolute best feature for me is for carpeted stairs. Works so well I don’t dread that chore anymore. Battery life isn’t great on max suction but charges up quickly. Wish I’d bought it earlier.

Great Vac for small areas

Bought for the office. So handy and powerful to clean up quickly and tucks away neatly in the dock. Very powerful and as each clean is for only a few minutes, its perfect. Cleaners do the whole office with large industrial vacuums so this as an in between is perfect.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kogan.com for $299.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Amazing, can't live without it!

I use this vacuum daily on tiles and carpet as our dog sheds a lot of hair. It makes vacuuming a dream. The only downfall may be that on max mode it lasts only about 15 minutes, however I feel the normal mode is efficient enough. The normal mode lasts me about an hour of vacuuming which is my whole 4 bedroom house as well as quick vacuum through my car. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones for $399.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Disappointing

At first we were pleased with the Dyson V7 as we have a dog that sheds a lot of hair. However we found that if the button was on 'MAX', the battery was charged for no more that 12 to 15 minutes, necessitating a lengthy period of no vacuuming while the battery was recharged.

Purchased in September 2017 at Good Guys Moorabbin for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Amazing product. Better suction than most barrels, except Dyson of course!

I purchased this product on special after my old handstick from another brand died. This handstick is light, glides nicely in both hard and carpet floors and with the mini motor head attachment, makes cleaning car/lounge chairs a breeze and picks up dog hair wonderfully. The suction is perfect and battery life is sufficient, however on Max suction the battery is consumed rather fast. Would be nice to see an improvement on this in new models. Overall a fantastic product that offers a good experience, which you would expect given Dyson are on the higher end of the price range.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $448.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Doesn't live up to the name.

As a person who has always been a Dyson fan, I suppose my expectations for this cleaner was too high from the start. Whilst this machine is light and easy to use in those hard to get at places, the battery life lets it down badly. I have already contacted Dyson for replacement battery only to find the new battery life is equally wanting. Instead of the battery being a part of the unit (needs to be removed with a screwdriver) Dyson would have been better to design the Animal with a removeable battery unit so as the user could have a standby battery on charge ready to go. I believe Dysons competitors have gone with this design in some of their stick vacuums which is a brilliant idea. Personally I think for the price you could find a cheaper better performer.

Purchased in February 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $549.00.

Poor performance

Hardwood floors & Carpet. Vacuum was perfect for approximately 4 weeks, after that it became a nightmare. It keep stopping and after looking online for help I was talked through how to clean it, unfortunately this happened regularly but the vacuum wasn't really blocked. I took it back to Argos and they replaced it. The new one was fine for a while, then it just kept stopping, after contacting Dyson they said it needed a new battery but was just out of warranty so it would be £65, too expensive, so got one from eBay for £16. Only use it now to hoover the car, this product is not value for money, I will never buy another Dyson.

Purchased in February 2018 at Argos.

Great product

Wonderful product easy to use only live in a small unit this gets into hard to reach places. Have cleaned my whole unit and car and still had power to spare.
Exellent suction picks up the smallest partical of dust so easy to empty.

Another Dyson to love

Already a Dyson convert, I was looking for a lightweight option that also did stairs. The Dyson V7 is fantastic. Light, easy to use both in the stick function and without, it is great on tiles, carpet and wood floors.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $499.00.

Not a good dyson

I love Dyson but not the V7, it is not as good as my V6 and really regret upgrading. Do yourself a favour and get a V8 or a V11. I have to use it on Turbo for it to be strong enough and then only get 8mins run time

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $400.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Best vacuum I've ever owned. Would highly recommend this item. love it.

I owned a vacuum prior to this model and I thought it was brilliant. But nothing compares to the Dyson V7. Worth the money. Great product.great on all sorts flooring.

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $700.00.

Battery Life

What is difference between animal and cord free
I have the Motorhead which I found was lighter, had 2 extra basic attachments and a running time that’s up to 30 mins dependant on ‘conditions’. For a small tiled apartment this is all I really need and it’s brilliant. The Animal was a bit too too heavy for me only because I’m small, it has extra attachments if you feel you need them, and has a running time of 40 mins dependant on ‘conditions’. There is definitely more suction power and from friends I have heard that this is the one to get if you have pet hair around. Obviously the cost difference is also a consideration which was around $150 difference between models when I was looking.Hey Greg, These two machines have the same internal specifications. The difference is in the colour, and the tools and accessories that come with each machine. The Dyson V7 Cord-Free™ comes with the Direct drive cleaner head, Combination tool, Crevice tool and Docking station. The Dyson V7 Animal™ comes with the same tools as well as the Mini Motorised Tool to help clean hair from non-leather upholstery and small spaces.

Why does mydyson gets plugged I clean my filter all the time?
Blockages could occur in any part of the machine, not just the filter. To help you get started in checking your machine, please watch this video. https://youtu.be/dpxRl17N03E Feel free to email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com with a detailed description what's happening with it and your details, if the issue persists.

Hi What is the length of the charging cord (what maximum distance between wall mount and power point)? Cheers Paul
The charger cord for the V7 is approximately 1.8 metres long. That being said, to secure the charger to the wall mount, approximately 45 centimetres of the charger cord is woven through the back of the wall mount. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Dyson V7 Cord-FreeDyson V7 Animal
Power SourceBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 30 min30 min
Suction (Air Watts) 100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)