Dyson V7

Dyson V7

V7 Animal, V7 Cord-Free, V7 Origin, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Outstanding customer service

Cons

• Limited 30-min running time

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (135) · No (123)
  • Battery Life

Kris

KrisSydney, NSW

Can't live without Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum

Purchased in November 2020 at Dyson for $379.00.

Karen R.

Karen R.Launceston, TAS

Life changing. Powerful suction, easy to empty, versatile accessories. The only brand I’d recommend

Performs well on boards and carpet.
The accessories make dusting really easy as well as hard to reach places like small nooks or cobwebs on ceilings. Great safety features like automatic cut off when full.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kogan.com for $445.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Wood
kerrie

kerrieMelbourne, Victoria

Not worth the money.

I have Dyson V7 pet , I have had it for 2 years the first problem I had was surpise , surprise the battery yes Dyson re placed it 2nd problem the roller head wore out within a few months of purchase yes that was replace 3rd problem occurred a couple of months after the warranty ran out motorised head not working even after doing all the trouble shooting. They now expect me to pay $125 for a replacement head . No way after spending so much on a vacuum that only last 2 years forget Dyson you have lost me .

Purchased in October 2019.

Find out how Dyson V7 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Dyson v7 trigger. Second time round. Suckers. died on 1st charge would not recommend deadly Dying Dyson as they die.

Dyson v7 trigger. Second time round. Suckers. brought it home died on 1st charge would not recommend deadly Dying Dyson as they die.
Buy a seconded one I thought I was being objective. Not again.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $329.00.

Bron

BronSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not what I expected.

Heard so much about the Dyson brand. Bought v7 as a Christmas present to myself 2019. Have persevered but it is just no good on my tiled floors. Have reverted back to a broom and dust pan. Carpet comes up pretty good. Maybe the top of the range models perform but in my experience v7 does not pick up anything other than tiny dust particles and does not get into the corners.

Purchased in December 2019 for $500.00.

Stephanie

Stephanie South West, QLD

Not what I expected

To be honest after hearing all the rave about dysons I really was expecting magiq when I purchased mine. Very disappointed. My house isn’t big by any means but in order to give the house a ‘good decent’ vacuum I have to do it in 2 goes and wait for the stick to recharge. I think it lasts about 6 minutes on max setting and 22 minutes on low if I’m correct. Given the price for this I bought it as my main vaccuum but really wish I hadn’t . Don’t think I’ll be buying a Dyson again in a hurry. My 300 dollar vaccuum worked better I think. I honestly don’t understand the hype about Dyson

Purchased in July 2020.

Emily Lumanta

Emily LumantaTamworth

I use this vacuum everyday!!

This works very well on carpet and hardwood surfaces. It's very easy to use. I can use the full battery on the whole house. it's very easy to clean as well. The max setting only last 15 mins though so I don't use that settings often. the suction is pretty good both on carpet and hardwood. overall it's very handy for everyday use.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $399.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

I received a used vacuum cleaner

I purchased a brand new Dyson V7 Animal vacuum cleaner from Dyson's website. But I received a used vacuum cleaner. I emailed the photos to Dyson, Dyson replied it is normal and it's their new way of package. It will be in the same condition if they exchange a new one to me.

Purchased in January 2021 at Dyson.

Julian

Julian

Useless- only lasts five minutes fully charged.

I can't even clean a small car without the battery running out. It lasts only five minutes on full charge. The suction isn't great either. I wasted of my money here.

Purchased in January 2021.

Pauline Cox

Pauline CoxIllawarra, NSW

Doesn't suck up the dirt

The vacuum spits the dirt back out and doesn't clean my laminate floor. After spending $400 on this cleaner I am very dissatisfied. I have been reading so many bad reviews about this vacuum cleaner and I think that they should discontinue this model and not waste people's money.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $399.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum
Nay

NayPerth, WA

Worse battery life

If I knew the battery only lasted 10mins on max then I would have never spent so much money on Dyson. I thought the brand was reliable and therefore worth the money. I’m regretting my spend so much and I’m still under warranty. Why to do...

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $400.00.

Product is usedMonthly
Lee R.

Lee R.

TERRIBLE !

Does not charge properly in charging dock .
Unit surges when it is in use .
Used twice .
Best result is to remove filter which defeats the purpose of having a filter .

Purchased in December 2020 for $499.00.

Floor TypeWood
Sareh G.

Sareh G.Sydney, NSW

Have to be fast!!

Great suction but it lives only 15 minutes before it dies and needs charge for another 40 minutes
U gotta be damn fast to vacuum clean otherwise half the place will be left unclean
My advice, get every damn object of your way, wear easy clothes, tight your hair back, fold up your sleeves like getting ready for Marathon then 1, 2, 3 turn on the Dyson and Go..

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Direct Online for $499.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum
Krll

KrllSydney

2 Dyson's now and quality is terrible

I've bought 2 Dyson's in the past and each of them - after 2 years end up breaking (and I always looked after them). Dyson's are overpriced and are not 'made' to last - many friends have discussed the same thing with me. My sister bought a Dyson v10 and needed 2 new parts after 10 or so months and the vacuum cost almost $1000! Not good enough. I will now buy a cheaper vacuum and I will probably have it for years to come. It's a big thumbs down for me. Very disappointing.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $700.00.

Issues with the product and The Good Guys Ballarat

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Lynne Smith

Lynne SmithMid North Coast, NSW

Very overrated

I have a polished timber floor-have moved house and had tiles and carpet previously-both results the same. Only sucks up some of the dirt and blows the rest around. Had a no name cordless previously and it was so much better! Not even 18 months old and battery needs replacing!!! Can’t believe it has been such a waste of money-paid $449- Lynne Smith

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W.

Terrance Drayson

Terrance DraysonSydney, NSW

What-a-machine WoW and Wow -

How I managed with my old vacuum thank goodness it broke-Yes $400 is a lot for a cordless vac.
BUT- I can do my house in less than a 1/3 of the time- and chose supper-suck or supper-supper suckchen.
Easy to empty after a little practice-and easy to re-charge and no cord-what a VAC I love it !

Purchased in February 2019 for $450.00.

WSKMSydney, NSW

Disappointed product compared with our Dyson product that we had previously

Recently bought a brand new replacement. Used for the first time to clean my tile flooring, not used in MAX mode, when finished and when charging, a solid amber indicated. It only disappeared when you unplug and plug back in again after a few minutes. Now it becomes a routine, quite disappointed.

Purchased in December 2020 at Dyson.

Floor TypeTiles
DysonDyson

This is certainly not expected and we are keen to get this sorted.

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts, you can find our contact information here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

WSKM

I have contacted Dyson and the support team said that is normal and the suggestion is to keep always 5-10min after used before charging. I am not impresed with this product model.

Boke

BokeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How many bad reviews does this product need?

Battery life is so obviously poor, not only my experience but every review says so. Not only do you have to pay through the nose for a replacement battery, (should be replaced for postage costs only, as they’re clearly faulty), but they’re so poor you can’t even buy one, as they’re permanently out of stock! Der, wonder why? Will never buy Dyson again. This was a Christmas gift so do not have proof of purchase, so this will probably not be posted as won’t be verified as a “genuine” customer. Great reviews for xiaomi-dreame-v9. That’s going to be my next purchase.

Purchased in December 2018 for $400.00.

Product is usedMonthly

Very good

Great cordless. Upgraded from the v6absolute after having that a few yrs the battery deteriorated. V7animal much quieter than the v6, dustbin empties very easily, batt lasts over25mins, powerful, extra attachments useful for vacuuming crumbs off sofa. Much cheaper when on sale vs newer models and does the job for a quick vacuum which is what i needed the cordless for.

Purchased at Dyson.

David H.

David H.asked

V7 Motorhead Origin

Does it have a HEPA filter?

Sandraasked

V7 Animal

My dyson v7 is only six months old and won't charge, filter is clean, the light comes on to charge for a short period of about five minutes then light goes out and no charge

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

For the best possible assistance we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

We look forward to hearing from you and resolving this for you.

Dyson Customer Care

Sandra

Checked back it was from Bunnings 400$ Darwin, August, for a sheer accident I had purchased a v7. Battery. The Dyson just wouldn’t charge so on a guess we tried the v7 battery I had accidentally bought for my then v6 some time before and works but not happy when advertising says 4 years for the battery.

Marilyn B.

Marilyn B.asked

V7 Animal

Can you leave this vacuum plugged in to the charger until you use it again? And does it lose charge if it's been charged up, unplugged then not used for a few days?

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

The V7 shares many of the same features as other Dyson vacuum cleaners, but is less advanced. For instance, the V11 boasts a 60-minute running time, whereas the V7 runs for only 30 minutes before needing to be recharged.

Features:

• Two power options: Max Mode offers a stronger suction, and Powerful Mode provides extended usage
  • The V7 series is made up of two different vacuum cleaners; the V7 Motorhead and the V7 Cord-free
  • The two vacuum cleaners in this series are pretty much identical. At $599 each, they share the same price and features, with the only difference being the filtration system – unlike the V7 Cord-free, the V7 Motorhead uses a whole machine filtration system.
  • The V7 offers a 10-min improvement over the V6, with a total running time of 30 mins

Points to consider about this vacuum:

• The 30-min running time meant that many people had to stop to recharge often. However, some reviewers did mention that they thought that the vacuum charged quite rapidly.
  • Friendly and helpful customer service was a recurring point of praise. If there were any issues, it was simple as making a phone call to receive a new replacement part or to have assistance with troubleshooting any problems.
  • Reviewers reported buying the newer V8 and V11 vacuums (whether in conjunction or as a replacement), which might indicate that this series might begin to be phased out at some point. So if you’ve got your eye set on purchasing a V7, you should probably buy one soon.
Compare all 7 Dyson V7
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners and Handheld Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $599.00$699.00$299.00$399.00
Bin Capacity0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight2.32 kg2.32 kg2.4 kg2.32 kg
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 30 min30 min30 min30 min
Suction (Air Watts)100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manual