8Dyson V7

Greg
GregSouth East Queensland, QLD
  V7 Animal Origin

Poor battery life

Like other reviewers, I can only get 10 minutes of battery life on carpet, on high setting with a fully clear dust/fur catcher. It is still only 6 months old. This was bought for us as a gift due to our Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus having inadequate suction to remove dog hair from carpet. Unfortunately 2 strikes for Dyson......... you know the rest. Such a shame when a product fails to deliver on its brand promise! Show details
gypsymaggie
gypsymaggieVictoria45 posts

Not happy with Dyson advanced V7

Purchased the Dyson Advanced V7 stick vacuum approximately 15 months ago & I find it won't keep charge for very long, gets blocked easily, having to empty it more often than not, poor quality compaired to the V6 animal, which did a good job lasting me over 6 years without a problem, plus you need to buy extra parts for the V7, as the V6 parts will not fit V7, does a quick vac, but forget dog fur, it gets stuck in the top of the stick all the time, would not buy again, will buy a different brand next time
Rainer Schowalter
Rainer SchowalterFar North Queensland, QLD5 posts
Me S.
Me S.

Really poor product

Very bad for elbows as it’s heavy at the top (no I’m not elderly) and has almost no suction. If it weren’t for the spinning brush it would do nothing. After 12 months light use the head sensor switches it on off randomly even though it’s clean. Really rubbish, I prefer the 5 yr old Aldi stick cleaner (and that’s no good but it’s better than this!!!) Show details
Dyson   DM

Thanks for taking the time to share your honest feedback about your experience. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, we encourage you to reach out to our experts via external link

Michelle
MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts
R Frost
R FrostGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Advanced Origin

Started great… now not so great!

Purchased our first ever Dyson 14 months ago & now it’s battery only last 10-15mins on max and the motor heats up while vacuuming, which is right above the handle so my hand feels the heat.
Is this a common issue? Do I have to replace the whole thing???? Show details
Benni
BenniBlacktown5 posts
  Advanced Origin

Budget entry Dyson handheld vacuum. Great performance with limited battery life

As title suggested, this V7 version is great! It has powerful suction, However, it basic or limited battery life. I got this handheld for my birthday/ house warming. Pretty happy but next time I will get V10 or V15 instead for longer battery life and extra features. Show details
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW7 posts

Best money ever spent

We have 2 cats and the amount of hair from them alone is unbelievable. Being able to just pick this dyson up and do a quick vac every couple of days, if not daily, is amazing!! This has the best suction power and it is so easy to empty. I use this on carpet, tiles and lino and it is superb on every surface. Show details
April
AprilCentral Queensland, QLD2 posts
  V7 Cord-Free

Best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

Fast and convenient Charging system
Great Suction on tiles, carpet, timber & vinyl.
Easy to clean thoroughly and terrific for picking up pet hair Show details
Diane
Diane13 posts
  Verified V7 Origin

Couldn't live without my Dyson stick vac!

I finally bought a Dyson stick vacuum and can honestly say it's the best vacuum I have ever owned! I bought the V7 advanced origin from bunnings, it is so lightweight and easy to use with powerful suction. I used to get a sore back from dragging my old vac around and this is a game changer! The house is done in no time and no cords to trip over! I highly recommend a Dyson stick. Show details ·  1
D W.
D W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC14 posts
  Verified V7 Cord-Free

Still going strong after 3 years

Still picking up after 3 years of everyday use.
I have 2 complaints about this vacuum
Complaint 1. it doesn't always do a great job of picking up crumbs and larger debris, it sometimes spits them out.
Complaint 2 it wont die! I want a new one with the fancy LED display and pretty lights but this thing just keeps going and going Show details ·  1
Nusra
NusraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Verified Advanced Origin

makes cleaning a breeze!

This is light weight and easily maneuverable. Works really well on my carpets and hardwood floor. Picks up long hair. Attractive looking as well. Doesn't take too long to charge and battery lasts satisfactory. Came with a small brush head which makes it great for cars and sofas. Wish it came with wall mounting options though. Show details ·  2
Leo
LeoSydney, NSW24 posts
Sarah A.
Sarah A.South East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  V7 Cord-Free

Love the design but doesn't always 'suck'

I have always been a fan of Dyson but after a few months of using the V7 cord free, the suction is slowly diminishing. ( Yes I clean the filters monthly) it is like the battery and suction system start to work less over time which is a shame. Positives are that it is completely cordless and doesn't take long to get to a full charge but I am now having to use it on the higher suction option which doesn't last anyway near long enough to clean my whole house. Show details
Shaft
ShaftSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  V7 Animal

A great vacuum

Our old vacuum had died and Dyson have a good name so I purchased a V7 on-line as it was about $200 cheaper than from a store.
It arrived and the operating instructions were fairly simple to understand.
We have wood floors throughout and a big hairy dog who drops so much hair I'm surprised she is not going bald.
The dog hair is very obvious on the floors so a good test for the vacuum.
It works extremely well and no dog can be seen after a quick vacuum. Cleaning out the vacuumed hair is very simple.
The battery life of approx. 30 mins can be a bit of a pain but otherwise we are very happy with the V7. Show details

Christine F.
Christine F. · V7 Motorhead Origin

We need to replace the Roller Brush bar on our Dyson V7 and are unable to purchase one anywhere! Does anyone know where we can get one. It needs to have 3 prongs inside, not 4.

Melissa
Melissa

I would ring dyson directly. They are usually more than happy to assist.

Mary F. · V7

Hi my Dyson v7 cuts out when l turn to maximum power even when its fully charged..???

Mary F.

I'm looking for the answer???

Nicole F.
Nicole F.

Mine does too. There is not much of an answer, I figure Dyson is just crappie. Drains the battery hence why it cuts out. The longevity of my battery is slowly diminishing along with suction power. I've only had it 3 years.

GeorgeD · V7

Can there be a problem with on-off switch.

GeorgeD

Appears to be a problem with on off switch,just installed new battery.

This is answer.

The V7 shares many of the same features as other Dyson vacuum cleaners, but is less advanced. For instance, the V11 boasts a 60-minute running time, whereas the V7 runs for only 30 minutes before needing to be recharged.

Features:

• Two power options: Max Mode offers a stronger suction, and Powerful Mode provides extended usage
  • The V7 series is made up of two different vacuum cleaners; the V7 Motorhead and the V7 Cord-free
  • The two vacuum cleaners in this series are pretty much identical. At $599 each, they share the same price and features, with the only difference being the filtration system – unlike the V7 Cord-free, the V7 Motorhead uses a whole machine filtration system.
  • The V7 offers a 10-min improvement over the V6, with a total running time of 30 mins

Points to consider about this vacuum:

• The 30-min running time meant that many people had to stop to recharge often. However, some reviewers did mention that they thought that the vacuum charged quite rapidly.
  • Friendly and helpful customer service was a recurring point of praise. If there were any issues, it was simple as making a phone call to receive a new replacement part or to have assistance with troubleshooting any problems.
  • Reviewers reported buying the newer V8 and V11 vacuums (whether in conjunction or as a replacement), which might indicate that this series might begin to be phased out at some point. So if you’ve got your eye set on purchasing a V7, you should probably buy one soon.
Compare all Dyson V7 listings
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $699$449$449$499
Bin Capacity0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L0.54 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight2.33 kg2.32 kg2.5 kg2.33 kg
Attachments Docking station, Charger, Combination tool, Direct drive cleaner head, Mini motorised tool, Crevice toolDocking station, Charger, Combination tool, Direct drive cleaner head, Crevice toolDocking station, Charger, Combination tool, Direct drive cleaner head, Crevice toolDocking station, Charger, Combination tool, Direct drive cleaner head
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 30 min30 min30 min30 min
Suction (Air Watts)100 AW100 AW100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manual