Dyson V7

I have given 1 star as unable to give 0 star! batteries rubbish and keep blocking known fault

The batteries are terrible, will not hold power or charge. they keep blocking. I cannot clean a 3x3mtr room without either blockage or battery issue. When we put on charge the blue light turns on then goes off after 5 mins and stops charging.

Finally they have a 12 month REPAIR ONLY guarantee. It does NOT pay to purchase better quality as if it breaks you are without product while its fixed. Who can go without a vacuum for more than a week???

From now on I will not be spending more than $250 on small white goods ever again!!! its not worth it. I have 2 children work full time and only get chance to do the jobs at the weekend. I was told I could get my vacuum "fixed" in 15 mins if I take it to coopers plains in QLD. They are open Monday to Friday 9-5pm... when I am working!! So I have had to give my vacuum to good guys to send off with no fix date! So far I have not been able to clean my house in over a week and no signs of being able to do so without begging to neighbours to borrow theirs (they are away!)

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $330.00.

Excellent product

I was buying a vacuum cleaner for the first time, and had no knowledge. Googled some products, and browsed in stores. When found this cordless vacuum cleaner, it immediately got my attention. Its so super easy to use. No cords, no hassles. Now I am using it for 10 months, and very happy with it. Suction is good. Cleans seemlessly on both carpet and tiles. Only thing that could be better was the battery. It lasts only 8-10 mins on max suction setting. I would want it to last atleast 15 mins. But otherwise its good in its all basic functionalities.

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman for $680.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

I am surprised that it is enough

When I bought this I was worried about how small the collection container and size would be an issue. I was so wrong. I find that because it is so portable and easy to use, I grab it more often and therefore there is less of a need to do a big vacuum. I doubt I will ever go back to corded.

Purchased in April 2019 at Amazon for $360.00.

Product is used: Several times a week

I LOVE my Dyson

Never thought I would be one of those people to LOVE their vacuum cleaner.
But vacuuming is SO easy now - I dont know how I lived without it! Having two young kids who constantly drop food and bring in sand in to the house - I am using the Dyson all the time! I probably pull it out at least once a day and actually enjoy vacuuming!

Purchased in June 2018.

Better than V6, I love V7, Easy to empty bin

Pro:
- Very easy to empty bin, large improvement to V6
- Reasonable battery life on normal mode
- Clean dirty better than my big and heavy cord traditional 2000w vacuum

Con:
- Battery still not good on Max mode
- Could be better if they have hybrid option, like can plug in for Max mode.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer Online Store for $449.00.

You will need YouTube!

I changed from a Dyson V6 Slim to a V7 Animal recently.

Several things i noticed. It is far quieter, far easier to change to high power and empties better. On emptying though, you will need YouTube. The instructions are not clear in any way on how to empty the canister. After watching a video, it becomes clear, although there is one way and one way only to close the canister again. It does clear the canister easier of all the dirt that used to get caught requiring me to separate the canister from the motor.

It would have been nice if my V6 accessories would have fitted, but then how will they sell more.

The Animal version comes with a small rotating power head. I used it once on my lounge and it was actually too powerful and i couldnt move it. I dont have pets, but right now I wont be using it.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Floor Type Carpet

Best for vacuuming and small house

I use this vacuum cleaner in all areas and it performs great. It especially works very well when cleaning the car and works well on any surface around the house.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $350.00.

Pet OwnerNo

Easy to use. Not so easy to clean

A lot of hair was attached to the cleaner, making it very hard to clean. Also, after I press the button the machine should just keep working. I shouldn’t have to keep pressing in order for it to work! Please improve. I’m very tired pressing the button for a long period of time!

Purchased in May 2018 at Bing Lee Online store.

Product is used: Monthly
Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Very good suction

We have slate tiles at home, for those of you who don’t know they’re bumpy. And the Dyson works very well in getting everything off the floor. The battery life when not on charge is pretty good. Not enough to do the whole house. But enough to do an average living room and possibly 2 bedrooms. It’s easy to charge and charges fairly quickly. It’s lasted us about 3 years and still working well

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Tiles

Best vacuum so far

So light and easy to use especially if you have small kids. The box came with lots of attachment. Charging time is quick but will only lasts for 30-45 minutes. Its better if they provided a spare battery like. But this is the best vacuum I have owned.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $650.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Im so so so so happy with this product !!!

Paid $399 8 months ago at Harvey norman. Everything goes well. So so in love with the Dyson .
A great, lightweight cleaner that is an ideal complement to a larger vacuum.

Pros
Great cleaning on any type of flooring
Light, well balanced and quiet
Superb for pet hair
Easy emptying
Excellent tools
Awesome for stairs

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Can’t live without

The Dyson hand held is a must have it works great on all flour types, can be used to clean out the car with ease. I use it on my mattress (omg couldn’t believe what I was sleeping on) and even used to do the corners (cobwebs) I also do the wall fans in my bathroom, which I don’t have to take the cover off any more it works on everything. I can do my whole house (3b’room)on one charge it works that good without the boost button that I don’t often need it. My 4 & 6 year old grab it off the wall and love to clean up there own mess yeah!!!

Purchased in June 2010 at Harvey Norman for $390.00.

Brilliant!!!!

Bought on special for $399

Hands down the best value for money you will get.

I am a fan of dyson products as they have proven to be very high quality and high continuity of service.

We had the v6 previously and this model is much better again. (V6 is still going well after many years - but is now used downstairs)

Suction is better, the dust bin empty system is a FAR superior design to the v6, it’s far quieter then the v6. More ergonomic, and the agitator head is MUCH better then the previous model v6.

Your house will be much cleaner because it’s MUCH easier to use then a conventional vacuum cleaner.

Runtime is very acceptable for a 3 bed house. Max suction mode is not needed as the agitator head works well. The v7 always manages to collect a disturbing amount of dust every run around the house.

If you have a pet (we have a kelpie) this is a MUST have product!

As with all dyson products. Empty the bin regularly so the cyclones can form and separate the dust before the secondary filter. A periodic blow out with compressed air never goes astray.

I have recommended these to more people then I know. Excellent wedding gift! You will never plug in a vac ever again! Promise!

Purchased in September 2018 at Kogan.com for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Worst Vacuumer Cleaner

This is the second Dyson I have bought. The first was great. Bought this because now living in a caravan. Worst vacuum cleaner ever. Too hard to empty. Run time is terrible considering it takes 2 hours to charge. I am not able to clean back and front of a 4WD in less than full 2 charges. If you don’t run it on max, it doesn’t pick up anything.
Instructions supplied are not much use at all

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Life saver

Long lasting, brilliant, easy to use!

I use this every day after work and do my entire house! I couldn’t do without it! It’s easy to move around the entire house! Since I got this I have not touched my v10 cord vac

Purchased in May 2018 for $400.00.

Excellent machinery

Got this on sale and love it. Runtime would be considered short for some but if you have a smallish apartment like I have, it's perfect. Has good suction power for my couches, floorboards and carpets. You can also switch it to max power (obviously with a shorter run-time) which is great. Highly recommend and agree with most the good reviews here

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $549.00.

Battery life is crap

Battery life is crap not worth the money people pay for it I can't even vacuum a small house with out the battery running out should be selling for no more then $100 to $150 u r getting ripped off people if you buy this

Purchased in April 2018 at Weight Losers for $700.00.

Floor Type Wood

Great vacuum especially for stairs!

It’s small and lightweight. Has regular power or you can amp it up to higher power spurts for harder to clean areas, although the battery runs out quicker. Being cordless makes it great for stairs and small areas. Looks good too.

Purchased in September 2018 at Amazon for $341.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Going strong

I have both carpet and tile flooring and my Dyson works equally good. It's been a year and still looks good as new. I have a cat and it helps me cleaning cat hair which I possibly can't do it with another vaccum cleaner. I like how it takes very less space for charging.

Purchased in January 2018.

Not Sure The $$ Is Worth It

We use our Dyson every day, love the convenience of cordless cleaning, decent suction and great swivel head. More expensive than other brands with similar features yet the battery has been replaced three times now and that’s not cheap either. Purchased for longevity however I’m not sure we’ll buy again as the lifespan isn’t near what we expected v the initial outlay and battery replacement costs. Not up there with value for money unfortunately.

Purchased in March 2013.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Hi I was in Harvey Norman when 2 people brought a v7 back in due to battery. they were sent for repair as warranty is repair no replace... I joked with them as I had one that needed bringing back also. I had spoken to the good guys where I bought mine and they advised they had had lots of issues with battery. I finally took mine back as it was impossible to use and yep repair only not replace. as a long time lover of the original Dyson, I will never buy another one. Please note that when I checked out the warranty issue at the good guys they do instant replacement for goods under $250. My "better quality" dyson cost me $330. the pain and issues and time I now have to go without a vacuum means I was very foolish to consider spending over $250 for a "better quality" product. From now on I will not be spending more than $250 on small white goods ever again!!! its not worth it. I have 2 children work full time and only get chance to do the jobs at the weekend. I was told I could get my vacuum "fixed" in 15 mins if I take it to coopers plains in QLD. They are open monday to friday 9-5pm... when I am working!! So I have had to give my vacuum to good guys to send off with no fix date! So far I have not been able to clean my house in over a week and no signs of being able to do so without begging to neighbours to borrow theirs (they are away!) For a top of the range brand this is simply inexcusable and such poor service. I was happy to pay the extra to upgrade back to a corded dyson, which the good guys would not do, even after they activated my warranty for the new machine online. I will never buy another dyson or shop with Good guys again. If I do buy from good guys it will be under $250 so I can get instant replacement within 12 months... Why do you have such bad batteries and why have you not recalled them!!! I am disgusted that I am without a vacuum now.

Why do the batteries keep dying ?
Because of the high power , it uses the battery quite quick .No, its because they have a major problem with the batteries that so far to date will not do a product recall on them.

I have my Dyson mounted in my garage. For the last few days the blue light has been off and the solid yellow light is displayed, and it has not charge. Could this be due to the temperature in the garage?
Hi Sharon, Thank you for your query. Dyson machines are designed to be charged in temperatures between 3°C and 30°C. If outside this range, the machine may not function or charge as expected. In your particular circumstance, it sounds like the battery is either too hot or too cold and, as a safety precaution, it won't charge until it is within the recommended temperatures. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. Best wishes, ShanHi I was in Harvey Norman when 2 people brought a v7 back in due to battery. they were sent for repair as warranty is repair no replace... I joked with them as I had one that needed bringing back also. I had spoken to the good guys where I bought mine and they advised they had had lots of issues with battery. I finally took mine back as it was impossible to use and yep repair only not replace. as a long time lover of the original Dyson, I will never buy another one. Please note that when I checked out the warranty issue at the good guys they do instant replacement for goods under $250. My "better quality" dyson cost me $330. the pain and issues and time I now have to go without a vacuum means I was very foolish to consider spending over $250 for a "better quality" product. From now on I will not be spending more than $250 on small white goods ever again!!! its not worth it. I have 2 children work full time and only get chance to do the jobs at the weekend. I was told I could get my vacuum "fixed" in 15 mins if I take it to coopers plains in QLD. They are open monday to friday 9-5pm... when I am working!! So I have had to give my vacuum to good guys to send off with no fix date! So far I have not been able to clean my house in over a week and no signs of being able to do so without begging to neighbours to borrow theirs (they are away!) For a top of the range brand this is simply inexcusable and such poor service. I was happy to pay the extra to upgrade back to a corded dyson, which the good guys would not do, even after they activated my warranty for the new machine online. I will never buy another dyson or shop with Good guys again. If I do buy from good guys it will be under $250 so I can get instant replacement within 12 months...

V7 Cord-FreeV7 Animal
Power SourceBatteryBattery
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 30 min30 min
Suction (Air Watts) 100 AW100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Similar listings