See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson V11 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

PaulThe Mallee, VIC

Disappointed with the maintenance required for the Dyson V11 Absolute!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,199.00.

Paul

I have sent an email to Dyson as suggested above. I will keep you informed on what progress, if any, is made with this issue.

Crystal G

Crystal GSydney, NSW

You know your house is clean after using this!

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $975.00.

Nice design

Purchased in August 2019 at visions for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear about this, we will be happy to look into this and get this order sorted for you.

Could you please email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com? Look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

lynn10

lynn10PERTH

Love my beautiful gold Absolute pro V11

Purchased in November 2019 at Dyson.

donsie

donsieSouthwest, VIC

Dissapointing poor design

Worked ok in store but lousy at home with pet hair on our vinyl flooring. Forward sweep misses 30% of debris and backward sweep piles the missed debris in a heap behind head! So you think ill just lift the head over the debris heap to suck it up but..the spinning head then contacts the debris and flings it over the floor behind the cleaner!
It works better on carpet due to the uneven surface texture.
Very disappointed, my home is mostly vinyl floors and my dogs are moulting like no tomorrow and im stuck with $1100 of vac cleaner that only works 70% effective one direction .

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,070.00.

Floor Type Linoleum

K89

K89Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my dyson vaccume

Dyson is always a reliable brand, and I just love this model. So good for cleaning the house every day. Gets up every particle and leaves my whole home spotless. Highly recommend this .

LinjelletMelbourne

It makes me happy to vacuum!!

Who would have thought I would every enjoy vacuuming...I love this stick vac, it has all the bells and whistles came with everything, but mostly it is easy and COMFORTABLE to use. It is easy to empty, no more cords and awkward vacs. Love the suction control too plus easy to store. Thanks Dyson - a great product

Purchased in November 2019 at Dyson for $1,299.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Ayushi

AyushiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good purchase

I have using the cord vacuum cleaner. After using this I felt like I wish if i had it earlier,.
Lightweight and comfortable to detach and attach parts. happy with it.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $990.00.

Anita

AnitaSydney, NSW

The beast!

Its the best and easiest to move around. Great force and picks up alot. When having kids especially it makes things so much easier to work with. Defintely want to buy a few more to keep everywhere!

Robert Hunter

Robert HunterHunter Region, NSW

Worth every cent

We use our Dyson mainly on polished hardwood floors and it works great, handy and lightweight. Also great on fabric lounge. I was a sceptic when saw the price but its worth every cent. No mucking about with cords. Plenty of power.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Wood

Sandeep S

Sandeep SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great battery life and an excellent set of accessories

I purchased the absolute pro v11 from the Dyson website including all the accessories. I use the vacuum on my hardwood floor and tiles, and the two different heads are excellent for their respective purposes. The soft roller head is slightly smaller which allows me to navigate through my decorative posts. The accessories are very useful.

I upgraded from the v8 and the best part about this vacuum is its battery life. which is 3 times better than v8. My only complaint is that the v11 should have had a trigger that once clicked stays on instead of continuously pressing it with our finger. If you are vacuuming for a while your finger will start to hurt over time.

Purchased in August 2019 at Dyson for $1,249.00.

Steve L.

Steve L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent on carpets but...

This may just be my experience but the Torque Drive generally fairs really well on carpets and anything that gives a bit of friction but on hard surfaces such as tiles of wood it seems to knock the dirt away from the suction. Otherwise happy with my purchase.

Purchased in September 2019.

Margaret LucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

So disappointed with the performance of the V11 torque head on my tile floors.

At times on my glossy tile floors it leaves a line of dirt which has been sucked to the back of the head and not even using turbo removes it.

Purchased in September 2019.

Floor Type Tiles

awesome suction power

I use this on floor boards, tiles and rugs in my place. Im very happy with it because its power and because of its weight and because of how convenient it is to clean and store away. Battery could be improved on thou.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $399.00.

Sue MillerPerth, WA

Not impressed with the performance at all

We owned the upright Dyson and a handheld before this purchase. I decided to get a cordless for convenience as I need to vacuum daily. Thought the performance would be as good as the handheld, but it is not. It does not pick up the dirt well, at all, on carpet or rugs. I can literally see the dirt and it will not pick up even after having it on turbo and repeatedly going over the area. Having it on turbo also means a significantly reduced battery life. On tiles and linoleum it is fine. I would not buy one again even though it is really convenient. The style is good, performance is inadequate.

Purchased in August 2019 at Tecobuy for $784.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Sue Miller

Thanks for your message. The machine is brand new and not working effectively.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This isn't what we would expect Sue and we are only happy to help. Please just reach out to our Dyson Experts via email and we will be in touch very shortly.

Phil61

Phil61Sydney, NSW

The best ever I have used

I use this Vacuum on both Carpet and tiles.
It is Flawless on both surfaces.
Very easy to clean and excellent cleaning properties. There is no doubt this is the best Vacuum I have ever used.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

tommy s.

tommy s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lightweight and powerful vacuum

This vacuum is much powerful than all other normal vacuum I got before and it does the jobs well especially on carpets.

And it's so light and portable that you can use it for car interior. And I like very much on their wall mount, can keep the vacuum easily and need after use.

Battery might be the only issue as it last not more than 20minutes but it's good enough for my house.

Purchased in June 2017.

Bozman_au

Bozman_au

New Dyson Have an Issue

Good cleaner from Dyson, fantastic build quality, battery time is great. Not so good: high torque cleaner head has a design flaw, lint is accumulating under the brush bar and very quickly (one or two weeks) blocks rotating head if went unnoticed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Nat02x

Nat02x

Great

Just amazing cleans well after animals easy to use and does the job quickly would always buy Dyson products thank you so much dyson
I use this in my carpet and hard wood fooor

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

RMC

RMCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Dyson Evolution Continues

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys.

Sophasked

Hi, does anyone have an absolutely filthy filter EVEN BEFORE they use their vacuum? For example, when I wash the filter, and wait 24 hours and then put the filter back in, its filthy straight away. Without even vacuuming again! Anyone else?

Paul

Hi Soph. It actually seems that way to me!! I wash the filter (As you do) - Leave it for 24 hours overnight (Same as you) and then use it for a VERY short time - and the filter is filthy. My last Dyson only needed the filter cleaned every 6 months or so. This one I basically HAVE to clean after each use - even if I had only used it for a very short period of time!! Don't bother sending it back for Service under Warranty - they will only change the filter - then send it back to you!!

Soph

I agree, my last Dyson filter I only changed once a year or something! This is crazy and I have no time for this. So what did you do to fix it?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This certainly isn't normal nor what we would expect. The filter should not be dirty as soon as you install it, or after a short period.

We would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help.

Kerry Holly

Kerry Hollyasked

I have the Dyson DC44 animal. Could someone please tell me how this one compares with the Dyson v11. Is the suction stronger.
I also have the Mieli vacuum cleaner for my carpets and it has 1,200 W power. Can someone please tell me what the power is on the Dyson v11.

Linjellet

Hi Kerry, go to the Dyson.com.au site for the machine specifications - the suction is great, I have a cat and dog which always leave hair, a daily 5 min vac and you wouldn't know they were always in the house...the v11 picks it all up no problems, I recommend it if you have pets, hope this helps

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Compared to your DC44, the Dyson V11 machine has stronger suction, longer run time (up to 60 minutes depending on floor tool and mode used), a larger bin, and a more powerful floor tool that automatically adjusts between carpets and hard floors.

While the V11 has a 545W motor, this doesn't indicate the performance of the machine. Dyson engineers work tirelessly to make Dyson machines perform better while using less energy and resources.

We hope this helps, however if you have any further queries our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Jennah

Jennahasked

Is this the best cordless vacuum from Dyson for picking up cat hair in my car?

most definitely!

Margaret Lucas

It certainly has the suction power and tools

Dyson Team ..Dyson

All Dyson V11 machines sold in Australia come with a mini motorised head, ideal for providing powerful cleaning of dust, dirt and pet hair in smaller areas such as the car. For awkward areas, other tools are also provided including a crevice tool to get into tight corners, and a combination tool that also functions as a dusting brush.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives