Dyson V11

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Dyson V11 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (176) · No (137)
  • Battery Life

David McGeochGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware! This product will damage Loop Pile carpet

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,200.00.

Rob

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

May be ok in a small house with hard floors but almost useless in a larger house with some carpets. Certainly convenient with no cords and charging station but I spend too much time cleaning the filters, trying to get the various pieces to come apart and going back over the floors to find the bits it left behind on the first run through. At this price it is a very poor buy. Subsequently bought a shark stick cleaner at a third of the price and it does a much better job. Gave my Dyson to a charity in the hope someone can find a use for it.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for A$1,100.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Ramez

RamezMelbourne

Decent product. Great aftersales support

Purchased beginning of 2020. Machine works well but I've had a couple of issues with the machine. However, the aftersales support has been extremely impressive. The staff at Dyson were pleasant, knowledgeable and offered quick delivery of replacement parts. You can tell a lot about a company by their aftersales support.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$999.00.

Integridad

IntegridadSydney, NSW

Multitude of issues from the start. Difficult to resolve

I think i had a lemon. Within weeks of use the handle began to crack on the main body, then the Motörhead stopped working, then the power on button began playing up. Not what you would expect from a $1300 product.

Unfortunately i have had to involve Fair Trading as i had bad experiences with some of the customer service team. My machine was repaired but was lost in transit. I've been without a machine for a month. Dyson have agreed to replace my machine.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$1,299.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
Pocketmouse

PocketmouseHawkes Bay, 4112, NZ

Not suited to the over 60's

Purchased in May 2020 at Noel Leeming for A$1,299.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Mark

Mark

Does what other vacs cant do !

It's state of the art.
It did to our carpet what our other vac couldn't it really worked well....Our apartment felt cleaner and we were amazed at how much dust it extracted from a carpet that looked clean...Plus our 9 year old daughter could use it.
Plus the dust is easy to get from the machine...although the dust holder is a bit small

Purchased for A$1,100.00.

Peni

PeniPerth, WA

Love the easier way of vacuuming but i bought a lemon

I have had my Absolute v11 only a few months but in this time the Motor has had to be replaced which was delivered quickly, but now the red lever on bin wont work to open the bin for emptying. It is going to be a 6 to 8 week wait for replacement. This is not good enough as now I have to go and buy a second vacuum to use during this wait when advertising suggests you only need one vacuum once you purchase a Dyson - not true. I love the way the Dyson works and makes cleaning so much easier but am very disappointed with mine.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$1,100.00.

Katherine McIntyre

Katherine McIntyreHunter Region, NSW

An exceptional vacuum

The V11 Animal goes from floorboards to carpet with ease. Great performer, versatile, light, easy to use and empty. Accompanying tools manage any vacuuming situation, and wall bracket makes storage simple. Exceptional all round cleaning tool.

Purchased at Online.

Susan M.

Susan M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy, worst design ever

Product is too heavy, top heavy, difficult to move around, difficult to change attachments, hand aches badly after use.
Wish I had have done more research before purchase, there’s obviously many unhappy customers out there. So disappointed

Purchased in July 2020.

Product is usedRarely
Floor TypeCarpet

Keith

KeithHunter Region, NSW

Great vacuum, excellent product support.

A difficult one to review as we have owned this for approx 12mths and after using it daily it had a complete failure of the motor and electrics.
After a quick phone call to the support crew and a discussion on what the issue was a new replacement body/motor was in the post.

Arrived after a few days and swap the battery over it works great again.
I understand a product that costs this much should last a lot longer however with the great product support they offer we cant complain so they definitely deserve 5 stars.

Will never go back to a plug in vacuum after using the handheld, so convenient not to mention much more powerful.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for A$899.00.

Cal

CalPerth, WA

Was great....now just disappointed

Purchased in May 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Rose. Newtown

Rose. Newtown

Love this vacuum!

Upgraded from a V6 Absolute, so quite a difference. New design features have ironed out all the issues with previous models. Used it yesterday on wood, carpet and slate floors, and happy with the result. Auto adjust very useful, and point and shoot emptying a real improvement. If I have any criticism it would be the weight( difficult to use one handed for above head cleaning) and the price of $1199.
Having said that, it’s a beautifully designed stick vacuum, and I would definitely recommend it.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Ellie Bear

Ellie BearMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Frustrated

I purchased my Dyson from Dyson in the hope any problems I had would be resolved quickly. Well I was wrong. Firstly I had trouble with the trigger not releasing when I moved my finger. So I rang and was told a new body would be sent out. That was ok but a week later after cleaning the filter and now I can no longer power up the unit.
This is where I get cranky. I was told it would take minimum 4-6 weeks to get replacement body.
So what am I meant to use in the meantime. I feel I should be sent a new until and they can this one back. I am sure they have complete units available.

I am not inclined to buy or recommend Dyson again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Dyson for A$1,200.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

Sandra KSouthwest, VIC

Not recommended at all

I received it yesterday, charged it and used it today. I did the 3 bedrooms carpets and it was so heavy compared to previous Dyson. It is so disappointing. I have now pain in arm and shoulder. I am only 40 years old, almost 6 feet tall and quite active. It’s not worth the price..!!
It performs well but too heavy to do the whole house.!

Purchased in August 2020 at Dyson for A$1,200.00.

Sandra K

Will certainly do, thank you

bjwGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid at all costs

Purchased in August 2019 at Dyson for A$1,149.00.

I have sent through now

Pinky21

Pinky21Perth, WA

Just Love this Procuct

This is my third Dyson and just love this model. I have the cumbersome corded DC23 which is quite heavy. I used it conjunction with the Hand Stick DC35 which was great for smaller jobs.
Now I have been so impressed with this model as it is not too heavy, and no cord....yay....it works great for hard and soft floors and adjusts accordingly or you can give it an extra boost as required. I have a large house and it will do the whole house if I choose, but I alternate one day for the hard floors and the other for the carpets. Would recommend.

Purchased in July 2020 at Dyson.

Gra

GraM

Simply the Best

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,197.00.

Christian

ChristianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cleaning game changer

Hands down can't express how good this unit is.

Price was a deterrent for a long time with the cordless vacuums, bit the bullet and couldn't be happier. The ease of grabbing it and cleaning a quick mess is fantastic.

Suction is very strong on auto and has two other modes to suit your need, definately quiter than you're conventional vacuums. Easy dust cartridge release.

Battery life is well capable for a average size 3 bedroom house, haven't had an issue to date of running out of juice. Quick and easy removable battery, handy if you have a larger house and need two battery's.

Amazing for pets that shed a lot of hair.
Only downside would be using the small attachments the unit does get heavy quickly, other than that I can't fault it.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,130.00.

tyr382Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

$1000 for what??????

OK so I've bought a lot of Power tools in my time ranging from $50 to $2000 and in a way they have always been worth the money to a point.
Take for example Bosch cordless angle grinder $300 tool definitely will do the job, very powerful and durable. Or get a Bundle pack for $800 with 2 X 6 Ah batteries that will way outlast a Dyson battery any day.

So i ask the question
If the V11 was a power tool, Would this be worth the money? Sadly I don't think it even comes close.
To be honest, Its built quality is to a toy standards.
Had my unit for less then 3 months and the battery melted while on charge. This is pathetic to any industry standard.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,100.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we expect from the battery in any Dyson machine.

We would kindly ask for you to forward your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch ASAP to assist.

tyr382

My unit was replaced under warranty at my JBhifi store. Unfortunately I had to put my foot on the ground after they originally wanted to send my unit to go in for repair because my unit was not a model that had a removable battery.

Bjondina

BjondinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use

it's easy to use for quick cleaning , doesn't clean edges , or even go under beds , battery life is very low so its annoying when you want to clean all your house and stops midway

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,000.00.

Floor TypeWood

Georgia

Georgiaasked

V11

Hi there, we have had our V11 for about 5 months now and up until today it worked beautifully. However half way through a carpeted room it stopped sucking when pulling backwards. I cleaned the filter but this has not changed the issue. It catches on the rubber of the head and then just glides over the carpet until you go forwards then it seems to vacuum.

DysonDyson

This is certainly unusual and we are keep to help get this sorted.

If you haven't already done so, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find our details and ways to get in touch via this link: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Sue P

Sue Pasked

V11

My Dyson v11 battery had died and won’t recharge this is the third one to do this Is there a problem with the click on batteries??

DysonDyson

This is certainly not what we would expect. Please be assured our helpline system monitors all data for any spikes in reported issues and we haven’t had any reports indicating regular difficulties.

If you haven't already done so, we would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

Deb M

Deb Masked

V11

My dyson V11 is less than a year old. It is not charging on the charge station. I removed the cord from the wall station and plugged in that way. The blue lights did not come on. I also tried holding in the trigger to 10-20 seconds plugged in and also tried it unplugged. Why isn't my dyson charging?

DysonDyson

This is certainly not the expected behavior from your Dyson V11 and we will be happy to help.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting your Dyson V11 back up and running.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 5 Dyson V11

4.4
Dyson V11 Absolute Pro

Dyson V11 Absolute Pro

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$1,099.00A$1,199.00A$1,249.00A$1,199.00
Bin Capacity0.76 L0.76 L0.76 L0.76 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight3.05 kg2.92 kg3.09 kg3.09 kg
Attachments 5 standard tools5 standard tools, plus the Fluffy head5 standard tools, plus the Fluffy head, extension hose, mattress tool, and flexi-crevice toolIncludes a replaceable battery, 2 cleaner heads and 5 tools
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min60 min
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2019Mar 2019Mar 2019Mar 2020