Dyson V11

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Dyson V11 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (96)
    • Daily (90)
    • Weekly (25)
    • Monthly (5)
    • Rarely (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (119) · No (96)
  • Battery Life

Ella J.

Ella J.Sydney, NSW

LOVE DYSON V11!

I've been using it for almost 6 months. It works well on both carpet and hard floors.
I live in a very dusty area, so I vacuum pretty much everyday. I feel the suction is still very strong and it's so convenient - the stick vacuum is the best! Dyson V11 made cleaning a lot more enjoyable for me.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $1,187.00.

Deppeler

DeppelerSouthwest, VIC

Best so far

Wow what a product. Previously had the v7 which I still don’t regret ever buying, but after getting this upgrade last year I could not believe how much bigger and better the battery life is on this monster.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,198.00.

Arun tom

Arun tomGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy with dyson

I brought v11 3 month ago. Vacuum cleaner is not working at all . I given to good guys. There are saying that it will take 6 weeks to prepare it. There is no replacement for dyson. I am not happy with their service at all.

PollyfodderNorth Queensland, QLD

SPECTACULAR! First run left one GOBSMACKED! Top performer!

• +1

Purchased in March 2020.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
RHH

RHHSydney, NSW

Dyson V11 Absolute - Game Changer Vacuum

The Dyson V11 has been fantastic since I purchased it in February 2020 at the Good Guys. It was great having a hands on demonstration with the Dyson V10 and V11 and also talking with a Dyson representative at The Good Guys Lutwyche, prior to purchase. I am very happy with my Dyson and cant wait to utilise my freestanding Dyson dock which I purchased with the vacuum to use in my rental, so I dont have to drill holes in the walls to utilise the dock.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

gibbo

gibboPerth, WA

Somewhat disappointed

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,000.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Melinda M.

Melinda M.Far North Queensland, QLD

I can’t live without my Dyson V11 cordless stick!

I use it on tiles and carpeted bedrooms and it is absolutely amazing! Has heaps of battery life and 3 suction settings. Automatic recognizes between carpet and tiles. Love it!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Aff

AffMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor quality

3 days and the head has developed a pretty bad vibration. I have cleaned as instructed . I have contacted dyson and they are aware of the fault,and then said its normal and i can send it for repairs for $45+ parts. Not happy . Not a cheap machine.

Lydia R.

Lydia R.

Dyson has made it even better but still no trigger holder..

This vacuum has been used in any possible situation where a vacuum cleaner was needed - big house, small house, regular cleans, accidents, cars, etc. It has become my best household friend, so east to use, no cords, a very powerful engine and long lasting battery (sometimes have to clean a huge house plus a car and didn't need a recharge). The only problem is - no trigger holder. Still... hard to believe but once I got a blister on my pointer after an hour of vacuuming. Would also be handy when vacuuming a car and needing to get into all those small place and need a better grip on the body of the vacuum and the nozzle.

Purchased in December 2019 at Dyson.

Zena Therese

Zena ThereseSydney Surrounds, NSW

It was good until the motor stopped after only 8 months

Its great..but the motor only lasted 8 months....thank goodness it was still under warranty....a bit disappointed that I have to wait for it to get repaired instead of them giving me a new one...

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Tony N

Tony NMELBOURNE

Such convenience!

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Jase

JaseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and easy

Great vacuum with heaps of power. Great battery life and so easy to just grab out at go. No chords nothing to worry about. One filter to clean and as easy as running it under the tap to clean.

Purchased in November 2019.

Laos Zehra

Laos ZehraPilbara, WA

Everyday vacuuming

I know it is a good machine but definitely over priced and battery lasts 6 minutes less than the advertised time.

Very compact,stylish and quiet..picks up anything very easily ...i use it to clean my car too

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,195.00.

Floor Type Wood
cynthia w.

cynthia w.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuum cleaner

This vacuum cleaner is very easy to use. There are different settings for carpet vs floor boards. The battery lasts a long time, at least 30 min. The head swivels well and different types of heads let’s you get into all crevices. The only thing is that the battery is bulky and heavy

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

Pam G.South East Queensland, QLD

Customer service sucks

Hi I have had the absolute for seven months I use it every day very happy with it while it works reported problems with Dyson to be told it needs a new battery and it will take 5 to seven days why can’t it be replaced I use it every day so annoyed I have paid top dollar for a product that doesn’t last my next vacuum won’t be a Dyson
Pam

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my vacuum

I use my Dyson for my hard floors and carpets . Absolutely blown away with the performance of this device. Worth every cent. When there was an issue, the customer care took care of the problem promptly and diligently.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

michael

michaelHunter Region, NSW

Extremely good dust buster

It would complete replace the traditional vacuum cleaner if it lasted longer. It can do everything the big Dyson can do and some better (not having a motor head on my dc54 at the time) comes with handy attachments. Fast and easy to clean, unbelievably powerful. My partner says we don’t need a big vacuum anymore. It’s easier faster to get out for a quick clean up etc but I say it’s a great addition to the vacuum family having a big house.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Glen G.Perth, WA

Was great while it worked which wasn’t long

Vacuum worked great for 3 months. Then it died and the warranty process is slow, tedious and leaves a lot to be desired. Lots of emails and talk but not a lot of action. For weeks I have been stuck with an $1,100 piece of art that looks good from afar but is far far from any good. Save your money folks, my 3rd and last Dyson I’ll be buying.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,100.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Glen G.

I get a message but no details as to how to return message. All my emails (other than my very first) have received zero response - I’d love some action - cut and paste comments are as worthless as this warranty. Consumer protection here we come...

Sheri R.

Sheri R.

You just can't beat a Dyson product!

They simply make the best Vaccum's available! I have had 2 vacuums and 2 of the stick models over the years. I replaced ONLY because I wanted to upgrade. I love the ease of use and power offered in the stick models, which are fantastic on all floor types. My sole wish is that it stayed powered longer.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $499.00.

Gabi R.Sydney, NSW

Only vacuums in one direction

Firstly I love all the other Dyson cordless vacuums. I was excited for this purchase of the new v11 but could not be more disappointed. This only vacuums in one direction - a forward sweep picks up great, but pull it back and it just gathers all the debris and pushes it back toward you. Dyson have confirmed this is as a result of the new design of the v11 head, told me to get over it and have refused a refund or exchange. Please do not buy the v11 it is nowhere near as good as the older models. Also, Dyson were infuriating to deal with. I hope this model is exposed for the junk it is.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Wood

Jenny M.

Jenny M.asked

V11 Absolute Extra

What’s difference between Dyson v11 absolute and absolute extra

Hi Jenny,
Have never had the pleasure of owning a Dyson Absolute, though believes that the battery, the informative LED screen at the top of the handle, battery life and powerful motor may have a lot to do with it...
Or maybe the super quiet motor or ability of full control via the different power levels?

This really is an incredible machine Jenny, and as a single (mere male) one would never have thought in a squillion years would be raving on about of all things A VACUUM CLEANER!
Look, pay the couple of extra bucks, you will not be disappointed, this machine is actually FUN to use!

You would get more information going to Dysons Dyson V11 Absolute Extra' page, here's the direct link.

Then hit "Specifications" (Grey tab)

Hope one has been of some help

Peter
Townsville

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While the V11 Absolute and V11 Absolute Extra come with the same accessories in the box and have the samke suction, battery run time and performance, the newer V11 Absolute Extra has a click-in battery. Should you elect to purchase an optional second battery, you can easily remove and replace the battery with the press of a button.

We hope this helps, however our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com if we can assist further.

Gavin Wright

Gavin Wrightasked

Hi, I purchased the V11 Absolute for my daughter in-law, mounted it on the wall and she used it twice.
It now won’t start, no blue light showing on charger.
Power is still at power point, also before it totally stopped, it wouldn’t turn off with the trigger, just kept running.
It’s not even three weeks old, and she has no vacuum cleaner..
I purchased it using my qantas frequent flyer points, so who can we contact to either get it replaced or repaired?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your V11. If you haven't done so already, we encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts. Our team are available via 1800 239 766 (just have your machine handy when calling) or auaskdyson@dyson.com, Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Tina A.

Tina A.asked

Is the V11 absolute pro good for picking up long haired cat hair in carpet?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The V11 Absolute Pro features our High Torque Cleaner head. It is our most powerful cord-free cleaner head yet, with stiff nylon bristles that reach deep into the carpet to remove dust, dirt and pet hair.

We are confident you'll be happy with the performance of the Dyson V11, however if you have any queries (before or after purchase), our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives