Dyson V11

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Dyson V11 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

• Product is used:
    • Several times a week (92)
    • Daily (86)
    • Weekly (24)
    • Monthly (5)
    • Rarely (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (115) · No (91)
  • Battery Life

Tony N

Tony NMELBOURNE

Such convenience!

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Jase

JaseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and easy

Great vacuum with heaps of power. Great battery life and so easy to just grab out at go. No chords nothing to worry about. One filter to clean and as easy as running it under the tap to clean.

Purchased in November 2019.

Laos Zehra

Laos ZehraPilbara, WA

Everyday vacuuming

I know it is a good machine but definitely over priced and battery lasts 6 minutes less than the advertised time.

Very compact,stylish and quiet..picks up anything very easily ...i use it to clean my car too

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,195.00.

cynthia w.

cynthia w.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuum cleaner

This vacuum cleaner is very easy to use. There are different settings for carpet vs floor boards. The battery lasts a long time, at least 30 min. The head swivels well and different types of heads let’s you get into all crevices. The only thing is that the battery is bulky and heavy

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

Pam G.South East Queensland, QLD

Customer service sucks

Hi I have had the absolute for seven months I use it every day very happy with it while it works reported problems with Dyson to be told it needs a new battery and it will take 5 to seven days why can’t it be replaced I use it every day so annoyed I have paid top dollar for a product that doesn’t last my next vacuum won’t be a Dyson
Pam

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my vacuum

I use my Dyson for my hard floors and carpets . Absolutely blown away with the performance of this device. Worth every cent. When there was an issue, the customer care took care of the problem promptly and diligently.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

michael

michaelHunter Region, NSW

Extremely good dust buster

It would complete replace the traditional vacuum cleaner if it lasted longer. It can do everything the big Dyson can do and some better (not having a motor head on my dc54 at the time) comes with handy attachments. Fast and easy to clean, unbelievably powerful. My partner says we don’t need a big vacuum anymore. It’s easier faster to get out for a quick clean up etc but I say it’s a great addition to the vacuum family having a big house.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee for $1,000.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Glen G.Perth, WA

Was great while it worked which wasn’t long

Vacuum worked great for 3 months. Then it died and the warranty process is slow, tedious and leaves a lot to be desired. Lots of emails and talk but not a lot of action. For weeks I have been stuck with an $1,100 piece of art that looks good from afar but is far far from any good. Save your money folks, my 3rd and last Dyson I’ll be buying.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,100.00.

Glen G.

I get a message but no details as to how to return message. All my emails (other than my very first) have received zero response - I’d love some action - cut and paste comments are as worthless as this warranty. Consumer protection here we come...

Sheri R.

Sheri R.

You just can't beat a Dyson product!

They simply make the best Vaccum's available! I have had 2 vacuums and 2 of the stick models over the years. I replaced ONLY because I wanted to upgrade. I love the ease of use and power offered in the stick models, which are fantastic on all floor types. My sole wish is that it stayed powered longer.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Gabi R.Sydney, NSW

Only vacuums in one direction

Firstly I love all the other Dyson cordless vacuums. I was excited for this purchase of the new v11 but could not be more disappointed. This only vacuums in one direction - a forward sweep picks up great, but pull it back and it just gathers all the debris and pushes it back toward you. Dyson have confirmed this is as a result of the new design of the v11 head, told me to get over it and have refused a refund or exchange. Please do not buy the v11 it is nowhere near as good as the older models. Also, Dyson were infuriating to deal with. I hope this model is exposed for the junk it is.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,000.00.

SSN

SSN

MUST HAVE!

This is the best home appliance I've ever had. It's quiet, it does the job with out plugging and unplugging. We vacuum out apartment in 10 minutes. MUST HAVE honestly.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dyson for $1,000.00.

ParkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works well but quality lets it down

Purchased in May 2019 at Dyson for $1,199.00.

Sshah

SshahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product, battery works well and suction is good

We had a V6 animal for 4 years and it was time for an upgrade so we bought V11 and we love it. Works perfect and suction is good. It adopts with different surfaces automatically and the suction changes accordingly.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $950.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

THIS VAC IS USELESS WHEN IT COMES TO HAIR NOT HAPPY JAN.

tyr382Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good on carpet very bad on tiles

Good unit
Very good build quality
But over $1000 and cant do tiles poor engineering . Unfortinly this is where the unit fails. Tile flooring is this machines enemy. We have a long hair cat and does a out standing job getting cat hair on carpets but fails on tiles.
Oval all its a good unit, provided your on carpet.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hifi Home for $1,100.00.

Floor Type Carpet
tyr382

I just don’t understand why a simple brush head attachment is not included in a $1000 unit. My $90 Karcher shop vac can pick up every little bit of debris off my garage floor but a $1000 motorised vac head don’t pick up cat hair off polish tiles?

Ehsan H

Ehsan HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Simply perfect! Worth every penny

Bought Dyson V11 Absolute during 2019 Black Friday sales and can tell you it is worth every penny. Extremely easy to use, sleekly designed, powerful, reasonably quiet and much more.
I used it on tiled and carpeted floor as well as rug for all kinds of mess a 2-year-old can possibly make and the outcome was brilliant!
Battery life is excellent as I used it on Eco Mode for 36 minutes and the battery was still well above half. It is so easy to use that we clean the whole house 3 times more frequent than before.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $888.00.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Expensive but very good

Let’s be honest, it is quite expensive and the filter at the rear requires regular cleaning
I still however stand behind the quality of the appliance and charge is more then enough for the regular home
The dog doesn’t mind using the small head on him too which sort of combines brushing and hair pickup

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Frannie

FranniePerth, WA

Totally, totally worth every cent.

Best upright vacuum ever! I have floorboards and carpet and use it on both without a problem. Totally, totally worth every cent. Picks up every speck of dirt, fluff and hair. Hides easily away between use in small hall cupboard and is always ready for action. An absolute winner.

Alysha D.Mid North Coast, NSW

It’s ok. Not really worth the money.

We have vinyl, hardwood and carpet flooring in our home. I bought this in hopes of making it easier to clean up after my two toddlers, with the ease of not having to lug around a big vacuum plugged into the wall.
I find it extremely heavy, and you have to hold the lever on while you’re vacuuming, I liken it to holding a petrol pump on. I get cramps in my hand after two mins of vacuuming.
When on carpet mode it’s so powerful it just pulls the rug inside it but doesn’t actually pick up the crumbs.
I would prefer to use my $300 Electrolux. Not a fan.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Alysha D.

Thanks for your reply we actually returned it and got a full refund last week as it was over heating.

Ripped-off

Ripped-offPerth, WA

Why are Australian's ripped off by Dyson

Purchased in December 2019.

Gavin Wright

Gavin Wrightasked

Hi, I purchased the V11 Absolute for my daughter in-law, mounted it on the wall and she used it twice.
It now won’t start, no blue light showing on charger.
Power is still at power point, also before it totally stopped, it wouldn’t turn off with the trigger, just kept running.
It’s not even three weeks old, and she has no vacuum cleaner..
I purchased it using my qantas frequent flyer points, so who can we contact to either get it replaced or repaired?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your V11. If you haven't done so already, we encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts. Our team are available via 1800 239 766 (just have your machine handy when calling) or auaskdyson@dyson.com, Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Tina A.

Tina A.asked

Is the V11 absolute pro good for picking up long haired cat hair in carpet?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The V11 Absolute Pro features our High Torque Cleaner head. It is our most powerful cord-free cleaner head yet, with stiff nylon bristles that reach deep into the carpet to remove dust, dirt and pet hair.

We are confident you'll be happy with the performance of the Dyson V11, however if you have any queries (before or after purchase), our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Lynleyasked

I have a Dyson v11 absolute and when I use the automatic head it makes the loudest vibrating rateling sounds eveyone thst hears it is in shock a Dyson makes such a loud noise . There is no blockage it does it on tiles and carpet and is almost to powerful evan on low! It chews up the dust and whatever is on the floor then spins and flicks it out the back

Parker

Take it to Dyson as this was the problem with ours. It’s the bracket disintegrating in the unit.

Lynley

Oh thank you! So do I call them and make a complaint and see where I send it to ? Did they service or replace the part?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This is certainly not what we would expect your machine to do Lynley.

Please forward your details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives