See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dyson V11 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

WOW!!! Just WOW!

I have just purchased my V11 Absolute and I am so so so impressed!
I can’t believe I’ve spent this long buying cheap vacuums and thinking they work. The V11 is incredible!

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,199.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Good but far from perfect

The difference between the torque drive and the absolute is one additional roller for large objects on hard floors. Otherwise they are identical so I opted to save some money and purchased the torque. The vacuum works extremely well and the auto sensor was seamless, switching between more power over carpet and back when over hardwood. The machine is great but I do have a few issues:

* The weight. I am a 6 ft 1 man and a smaller person may struggle using the dyson v11 for any length of time. Think about holding a 3kg weight and having to squeeze it at the same time whilst holding your arm out. My wife says it’s ok but only for quick jobs.
* The trigger does not stay on. You have to keep your hand squeezed to keep the trigger on. Surely a better trigger option could be found rather than having to constantly hold down the trigger.
* I often detach the brush head to reveal just the tube at the end to suck something up in a corner or on a ceiling etc. The problem is the tube has an archway in it so it doesn’t form good suction without the head attached. This is a poor design and means you have to completely switch heads to do perform that function.

Other than these gripes it is a fantastic machine. Battery life is respectable and the suction is great. Love the machine but as I said, far from perfection.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,099.00.

make cleaning easier

After going through all the Dyson products I bought the Absolute 11. I am blown away on how good is the vacuum cleaner. So easy to put together and easy to use around home, don't have the change the accessories from hard floor to carpet and there's no cord to get tangled every now and then. Having a husband who suffers from emphysema and asthma and having a dog , the absolute 11 picks up the dirt particles effortlessly. The price is worth it. My only hope that this Dyson last.

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,166.00.

Wow is all I can say

I am very new to the Dyson family with this being my first product of theirs and I had done a lot of research prior to this purchase and the bulk of the negative feedback was the price and also the pushbutton to power it on the button did not bother me and obviously I went ahead and purchased it because here I am leaving a review haha! My theory was if the only bad thing was the price then really that is actually pretty good and I have been very impressed I vacuumed my floors prior and was extremely embarrassed about what the Dyson picked up so much so I thought they might have put a little pocket of dirt and fluff in the machine and that when you first Power it up it gets released ( sorry Dyson I know it’s not true ) vacuuming is just so easy now and does not feel like a chore at all and the only design flaw that I can see is the way that it dirties the lid on emptying on the point and shoot. But with all that in mind I am still very glad I purchased it. We have mostly carpets and floor boards. So far the battery has been amazing.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Soo convenient!

Purchased the V11 Absolute on special from Ebay (BingLee) and was skeptical at first about the rave and why everyone made such a fuss. At $400 off the RRP I bit the bullet and purchased. Looking back its probably the best appliance purchase that I can think of. Yes I still have my barrel Dyson in the cupboard but I haven't used it since the V11 was delivered.

We have a toddler who makes a hurricane of a mess everywhere he goes and this makes cleaning up after him convenient and a breeze. We have a mixture of laminate and carpets and the auto sensing tech mixed with the Roller Head allows us to complete a whole house clean (4 beds 2 baths) within 10 minutes. I do note that the 'Boost' mode will only last 6-8 minutes so just keep it n auto.

I will note the one negative is the suction power when using it for car cleaning - I will revert back to my Barrel for this as the V11 just doesn't have the same suck as a powered machine. Still happy about the purchase and would happily recommend it to anyone looking at buying one!

Purchased for $799.00.

DO NOT USE ON DUST!!

I normally am a massive fan of Dyson products and the innovation (they have some great gear) .... but this vacuum really was the WORST Dyson products I have ever bought and their Customer Service was truly shocking :-(

I had used the V11 to pick up general dust around my home when after 6 weeks it totally stopped working (wouldn't charge or turn on). Turned into a $1200 paperweight.

I contacted Dyson and advised them I wanted a refund, which under my Consumer Rights I was able to do given this was a major fault. I really want a vacuum that would last 3-4 years for this money (not 6 weeks!) Dyson did EVERYTHING they could to avoid giving a refund and even accused myself of using the V11 for "renovation work". To which I advised that I certainly did nothing of the sorts! I was also accused by Dyson of not leaving the filter long enough to dry after washing it, when each time I did exactly as per the instructions and left it to dry for 24 hours. They advised me that "dust" had got into the circuit board which has caused it to stop working. This is a $1200 vacuum … how is it that "dust" broke it??

Dyson still refused to refund myself for the faulty product advising this is "construction dust or ash" and that it shouldn't be used to pick up this kind of dust (although they can't be sure what dust it was). It seems if you have a V11 then you need to do scientific studies prior to each time you vacuum to ensure none of this dust is present in your home or else your V11 will stop working (and Dyson will insist this is your fault … ).

Interestingly enough I have now read other reviews on here and seen I am not alone and this is not a "one off" … For the price of this product, you would not expect this kind of fault due to "dust" getting into parts it shouldn't … really puts the quality of the product and the 'fit for purpose' into doubt. It's like saying a bathroom tap broke because it got wet!

After Dyson fixed the machine I'm now stuck with a V11 vacuum that I am too scared to use around the house in case more of this dust is present …. as well as being too worried that even when I follow the instructions with respect to washing the filter, this will break the machine again.

Previous to this I had a Hoover product for 6 years which I used around my home, on identical dust, always followed the instructions and this never died once.

It's a real shame Dyson … not that fact that the issue happened but the lack of customer service following leaving customers in this situation (would normally expect this from other companies but not you).

Purchased in July 2019 at Dyson for $1,200.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi Anthony, We're keen to look into this further. It's important that a washed filter is left to dry completely, before reattaching it to the machine, leaving it at least 24 hours. Depending on the weather conditions, drying time can take longer. Our technicians generally take photographs of the incoming state of components during each machine's assessment, so you're welcome to send us an email (including your machine's serial number and your details) to AUaskdyson@dyson.com to request your machine's photos and to discuss this further.Yep, I'm told the photos show "dust has got into the circuit board and stopped it working" by one of your Customer Services people ... Dust! That doesn't concern me as a customer. I would say it should concern you guys as the manufacturer that a vacuum has a potential fault that can cause this. I would say a vacuum "designed to pick up dust" shouldn't do this. Again, it's like buying a tap and told not to get it wet :-S The instructions with the filter were very much followed - although I didn't use a calibrated Moisture Meter to ensure 0% moisture content but it felt dry to me when I put it back in after 24-28 hours. All I have had is allegations but zero help from Dyson and have now refused to refund the faulty item (which is now sadly a matter for Fair Trade NSW given this is deemed a "Major Fault" and was VERY MUCH used in line with the instructions!). I'm now left with a $1200 vacuum that I'm too afraid to use around the house in case it breaks again ... maybe not unless I have a forensic sample of the dust on the floor to ensure it is not "excluded" from what can be picked up (do your customers really need to do this!?) ... I just urge other customers to be really cautious around this and the experience I have had. With any other manufacturer this would have been refunded on the spot and all the reviews of my personal negative experience with Dyson wouldn't be happening.

Way exceeded expectations

Just purchased a V11 today. Gave it a test on a large Persian rug that had only been vacuumed a couple of days ago with a plug in vac. The amount of fine sand and grit that the Dyson pulled out of it was astounding. And that was not on full power.

Only issue is the machine is fairly heavy and I will probably end up with sole vacuuming responsibilities. But it is so easy to use I am happy to do so.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

The Best Dyson yet

I have had 2 Dyson vacuums and without a doubt this one is the best ever made. As an asthma suffer and having 2 cats who bring in the fine dirt it was essential this unit picks up the fine dirt particles. This unit does it all. It is effortless on thick and thinner carpets plus my vinyl floors. Yes it is expensive but I can see this machine lasting many years. The only complaint is it didn't come with a spare filter (which Dyson has sent to me free of charge). A hint do clean the cannister with a slightly damp micro cloth. Don't clean it with warm water or any cleaner agents.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,199.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Best Model Yet!

Wow! What a fantastic machine! The improvements are A-mazing! The power, battery life, ease of control, ease of emptying waste, just a pleasure to use. Dyson has really put some effort in the improvements. Buy this! You won't be disappointed.

Purchased in July 2019 at RetraVision for $1,100.00.

I enjoy vacuuming now

Very excited to get my new Dyson V11 Absolute Pro, I opened the box and wow a very good looking machine. Installation was easy 2 little screws and justs hangs in the cupboard, it also created more floor space in my cupboard. It sits in the charging dock so it's always charged ready to work.
After using the Dyson V11 Absolute Pro for the last Couple of weeks my carpets look and feel fresher this is a very powerful unit. It has 3 power settings, I use the auto setting it sensors the floor type and sets it's own power setting which also prolongs the battery this is a really good feature.
It did take a little bit to get use to because of the weight and the trigger but that didn't take long. Having the trigger is Great when let it go it stops so you can walk from room to room without having the vacuum running and no hoses or cords to drag around damaging my walls. It's really easy to get under some of my furniture now. It comes with lots tool for cleaning all the hard to get places, I think this is great the mattress head which comes with it so I can now clean the bed regularly. The Dyson V11 Absolute Pro has a run time of 60 minutes that's a lot vacuuming. Now to empty this unit it has an extended section that drops down further into your bin so debris don't blow around or make any dust you also don't have to touch any part of this section.
This is a time saver and I have a cleaner house.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $1,298.00.

Great vacuum

Powerful stick vacuum.
Battery lasts to clean the entire house.
Light weight and easy to use.
Love the colour.
Would love it to be able to hold a bit more dirt though.

Purchased in August 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Disappointing

After 2 months of using the new V11 it broke down, Harvey Norman where we bought it from would not take it back and told us to contact Dyson directly. It’s the only Vacuum cleaner we have I depend on it massively as I live in a new area and due to heaps of construction around us there is heaps of dust. We have sent it to Dyson but we had to call so many times to chase it up , was told an exchange is sent, but a week later nothing has arrived . Called them again apparently an exchange was never sent , was told they will get on to it and send it off . It’s now almost 3 weeks since our V11 broke down and still no vacuum. Disappointed with Dyson products and customer service, not worth the price tag!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
We are sorry to hear of your experience and will be happy to follow this up and get this sorted for you. Could you please email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch ASAP.

This is fantastic. Very helpful and very reliable!

I have bought Dyson V11 Absolute about 6 months ago. I am using this fantastic vacuum every day. I am very happy about this vacuum cleaner. It is very light and it is very convenient for working with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $999.95.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

WHY DID IT TAKE ME HALF MY LIFE TO BUY ONE – SMARTEST DEICISON I HAVE MADE THIS YEAR

I have only had my Dyson V11 Absolute Pro for a few weeks and just in that time alone it has saved me so much time plugging in and unplugging and setting up the old Dyson. I never wanted one simply because I had nowhere to place the charging system on a wall in the house. When I saw this one advertised with a free Dok Station I ordered it immediately. It sits in a corner of a spare bedroom hardly noticeable yet so accessible.
It is something I will never do without again. I was sceptical about the battery life and the actual suction on carpets but believe me don’t be afraid to buy it if you had the same thoughts as me as they disappeared in an instant. It works like a gem on both floors and carpet. I have 2 big shag rugs in separate rooms and the suction is so strong it almost lifts the rug off the floor. I find myself running the V11 Absolute Pro over the floors more often now due to the convenience of it, not to mention to absolute ease it is to use, so weird that I actually enjoy vacuuming now.
It’s expensive yes, but not for the actual quality of the machine and the convenience and time saving it is something that will last for years. I went out and brought a 2nd hand one (still in immaculate condition) for my parents who are elderly and they absolutely love there’s too even with their fingers that are full of Arthritis as they have no trouble holding down the button like I do on the V11.
Do yourself a favour buy it with confidence as I did and you won’t be disappointed.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dyson for $1,250.00.

Very disappointed

This is the second Dyson I have bought & the first battery one. The corded one did have good vacuuming power but not for the money.
The problems with this one are the battery time simply doesn't do enough, the dust holder is small, if you use it at the shorter length the outgoing air blows dust around & vacuuming power is average.
Time will tell how long the battery life is as well, we bought a cheaper version first & returned because we believed it just wasn't good enough. This vacuum is barely any different.
We have resorted to using a dust mop for most of the larger hard areas of the house as this Vacuum simply can't do the job.
We pretty much only use it for the sort of jobs a Black & Decker dustbuster used to do.
I won't be purchasing another one.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Best Vacuum Cleaner on the Market

I am an advocate of Dyson vacuum cleaners and have recently purchased a Dyson V11. I have engineered floor boards and various types of mats/carpets, I find the Dyson V11 to be excellent on all surfaces. I go from floor boards to carpets with ease and it leaves all surfaces perfectly clean. I highly recommend the Dyson V11 it makes life so much easier.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

No return to other vacs once you’ve used this!

Navy carpet is so difficult to keep looking clean with other vacuums, but the Dyson v11 is simply amazing and easy!! The charge is very good too, better than v10 which we bought at almost the same time for a different house.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Love, love, love !!!

I am in love with this vacuum ! I can’t believe the fine dust that is coming out of my carpets. My carpets almost look like they have been dry cleaned. It was expensive and I had to think for some time about this purchase as I was underwhelmed by my previous Dyson stick vac (V5 Animal), but it has been worth the money .

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,199.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

I am a fan of Dyson vacuum cleaners.

I have had my Dyson vacuum cleaner for over a year now and simply would hate to be without it. Its ease of use, speed when recharging and flexibility are an absolute delight. My elderly mother is able to use the machine when she visits and she is sold on it.
I have another vacuum cleaner, a Kirby, which although does a fantastic job, it much more cumbersome to use. Its cord is long, whereas the lack of cord on the Dyson is a definite positive.
Having recently moved house I find that the Dyson on the wall is convenient and available at all times. I use it more regularly to clean so I find that housework is less deflating and more immediate. I can do small cleans, rather than getting out the other vacuum and having to do the whole house at once. Its great after the visitors have gone. Swish and the evidence of their crumbs under the table and the kids walking in leaves and dirt is gone in a minute!
Like I said, I could NOT live without my Dyson.

It's amazing?!

I use this cleaner to clean my carpet, It leaves the carpet very clean it's like I cleaned it with shampoo. It removes hair and dirt. I would recommend this carpet to anyone living in a house or apartment with carpet. The price is so worth it

Purchased in August 2017 for $600.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet

Does the V11 get pet hair wrapped around the brushes? How does it compare to the DC07 upright suction wise?
Hi Sue, The key difference with the Dyson V11™ is that it's been designed with a highly efficient straight-line airflow which makes it highly efficient at picking up dust and debris, even when set to low levels of suction. Whereas, corded machines have a less efficient long and winding airflow path and the suction needs to be much higher to get a similar amount of pick up. The Dyson V11™ has 3 settings, Eco, Medium/Auto or Boost and you can tailor the level of suction to the floor type, or let your machine do it for you when using Auto mode. As with any vacuum with a motorised floor tool, the Brush bars are designed to pick up hair and over time they'll need some maintenance, particularly in homes where there are people with longer hair or pets. We advise maintaining the Torque head at least once a month as shown in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlhL3TaIhho

Hi, was just about to purchase a Dyson V11 but after reading a few reveiws about the machine stopping due to dust I am now hesitant. What is the warranty for this model. Thanks.
Two Year official warranty with Dyson, but I would argue your Consumer guarantees should add atleast 1-2 years on top if you push the issue.Thanks JasonHi Belinda, The Dyson manufacturer's guarantee for this machine is 2-years from the date of purchase. Machines purchased direct from dyson.com.au or our helpline automatically come with a 45-day money back guarantee. This machine is designed to pick up typical household dust and debris, but not renovation dust or ash. Feel free to ask about our machines via email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be happy to help.

I'm just surprised that on the Dyson web site it says this vacuum will run for up to 60 minutes on a full charge. It takes an hour and a half to properly vacuum an average 3-bedroom home. I have four bedrooms and it certainly takes me this long.
Hmm I would say that it’s 60 minutes on Eco mode (low power). What it does really well is automatically ups the power when transitioning from tiles/wood to carpet - my 4 bedroom place takes probably 20-30 minutes with this but probably 40-50 with a regular taking into account pulling it behind me, switching power points etc.I don't pull a heavy vac behind me or continually unplug and plug in. I have a central vacuuming system. But most people don't vacuum properly. You have to take it SLOWLY to allow the machine time to pick up the deep-down dust in the carpet, which is why it should take an hour and a half to vaccuum an average home. Most people use a vacuum like a scrubbing machine. If you follow the present fashion of clattery bare floorboards it probably doesn't take as long, of course.Hi Laraine Anne B. The V11 has three modes of suction: Boost, Auto/Med and Eco. The run time these modes provide depends on the floor surface you're cleaning and, whether the tool selected is motorised or unmotorised. Boost mode provides 5-10 minutes of run time, Auto/Med mode gives approximately 18-40 minutes of run time, and Eco offering a run time of up to 60 minutes with a non-motorised head. You can find a video explaining these modes and how to switch between them here: https://youtu.be/Sk7C9sYn-Mk?t=29

Dyson V11 Torque DriveDyson V11 AbsoluteDyson V11 Absolute Pro
CategoryStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum CleanersStick Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $1,099.00$1,199.00$1,249.00
Bin Capacity0.76 L0.76 L0.76 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYes
Weight3.05 kg3.05 kg3.05 kg
Power SourceBatteryBatteryBattery
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min
Extra Attachments5 standard tools5 standard tools, plus the Fluffy head5 standard tools, plus the Fluffy head, extension hose, mattress tool, and flexi-crevice tool
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2019Mar 2019Mar 2019