Dyson V11

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Dyson V11 In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

4.4

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (161) · No (128)
  • Battery Life

Stacie C.

Stacie C.Sydney, NSW

OMG - Awesome!!!!

Thought the reputation was hyped - now I own one I totally get it - BEST ever machine for use and performance. Cannot fault the build quality or performance. wish I had bought one sooner!

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$999.00.

nob

nobGoulburn Valley, VIC

Disappointing

Waste of $1000. Every time I use it it blocks. Much prefer my iroomba I’ve tried cleaning the filters every time but it still blocks within 60 seconds Feel like smashing it

Emma

Emma

Amazing

Great sucking power and quieter than the v8 animal, the time the vacuum runs to compared to previous models is a major improvement. The stick manures really well. Dyson sent the purchase out very quickly. Can not go past Dyson - customer service A+

Purchased in June 2020 at Dyson for A$999.00.

MariaM

MariaM

• V11

Powerful, smart and mobile

Purchased in March 2020.

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my V11 Dyson

I had many vacuums that were just crap...I decided to go with dyson as everyone claimed its the 'best' they were absolutely right. I just find it hard to empty the flap will not open sometimes . but I get it to work with patience......hahaha I crack it when other members of the house use it. I feel like its my car, I am the only one allowed to touch it..... very happy

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$899.00.

Floor Type Wood
Holly

HollyPerth, WA

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I had the v6 animal and upgraded to v11, the suction is excellent, it’s very smooth and easy to use, great to swap between the two heads for wooden floors and carpet

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,200.00.

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Light, powerful, easy to use

Works perfectly on our timber and carpet flooring, amazing ability to lift dirt etc
My only issue is with the ability to remove attachments, pressing the little red button does not easily release, if this could be improved it would be faultless.

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones for A$1,200.00.

Jules

JulesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,199.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Noobynewby

NoobynewbySydney

Keeps the place clean and dust free

Great stick vacuum with at least 30 minutes of battery time on medium power giving me sufficient time to complete almost all vaccuming jobs. This vacuum cleaner was able to pick up a lot of dirt which my old vacuum cleaner was unable to, leaving my place feeling cleaner. The only downsides are the vacuum cleaner can get a little heavy with extended use and a trigger lock function would be nice.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$1,050.00.

Shelley S.

Shelley S.Darwin, NT

This machine doesn't even deserve 1 star

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$998.00.

Barb

BarbHunter Region, NSW

Great machine!

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,049.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Lee T

Lee TPerth, WA

Love it !!

It is a powerful and versatile vacuum stick. I use it on hard floor and to clean my car. The suction power is excellent. It is easy to clean and dispose of the content. The battery life is long enough for me to finish all the floor on a 4x2 home. Hair do not get tangled up in the brush as well compared to older models. Overall, I really like this product. It is an upgrade from my DC45 which is 7 years old. No regrets spending over $1000 for this upgrade. However, the vacuum is a pretty noisy and quite heavy. I am getting used to it. I use it a few times a day.

Purchased for A$1,000.00.

Jacque May

Jacque MayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AMAZING

Honestly, I had a Dyson ball vacuum prior to this and I don't know why I didn't change to a stick sooner!
It's easier to manoeuvre around, takes so much less time and the suction is seriously life changing.

We have a dog that constantly sheds hair and the V11 pro picks up EVERYTHING. I end up having to empty is twice in one house clean because it picks up everything out of the carpets.

This one came with 9 different head attachments and they all do their own thing. We use one for the carpets and one for the tiles and it makes a real difference.

The charging is very simple and quick as well and you can get a good hour of vacuuming if need be. We manage a three bedroom house in less than 10 minutes.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$1,050.00.

Product is used Weekly
Darren

Darren

Great Product & Service

Bought a V11 recently and the trigger button started to play up. i called up and theyre sending a replacement part. 2 year warranty and the service is top tier. The product is awesome. I use the main vacuum head and it works exceptionally well on carpet and decent on hard surfaces. There is a hard surface attachment specific that i cbb using.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$1,020.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Talia

TaliaPerth, WA

You just can’t beat a Dyson

Super powerful suction leaves nothing behind. Light and easy to use, even with a bad back. Not pulling and straining or lifting. Easy as pie to clean. Compact for simple storage

Purchased in January 2019 at Mahogany by Hand.

Product is used Weekly

Michael M.

Michael M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product, easy to use!

Loving the product, easy to go from carpet to tiles. Different attachments make it easy to clean whole house. Only problem is I have the plug in power displayed when I use the V11. Even after pulling it off the charger and it being fully charged. Battery life could be longer as well, however such a handy product and very light.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$1,200.00.

Joe VDunlop 2615, ACT

No worth the premium price for the Dyson name.

V11’s will get blocked up with very fine dirt and will stop working, nothing you can do about it. Just hope it’s under warranty.

Your next problem will be dealing with the call centre who have no concept of how to resolve an issue or speak to customers.

Save 50% and get a cheaper stick vac.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect your Dyson to blocked up with fine dust and are sorry to hear of your experience.

We are keen to help. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch shortly to assist.

sjames

sjames

Good, but ...

Good vacuum - However, after emptying accidentally dropped the body on tiles (1m). No physical damage but the display did not work. Went through the display refresh sequence but no luck (hold for 10secs). Cost $200.00 to replace body. Two things: the electronics could be better protected; the supplied screws to refit the battery a better fit, the battery is not as tight as it was when it came.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,028.00.

Jessica Beckley

Jessica BeckleySouth West, WA

Great product but its not worth the full $$$ I got this through flybuys and used 2 years worth of points and added $500

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for A$564.65.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Lynnie

LynnieGippsland, VIC

A winner!

Our home is 18sq with all natural timber flooring and cowhide rugs. Invested in the Dyson V11 Absolute Extra 4wks ago. Floors love it, hides love it, I love it!

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,197.00.

Floor Type Wood

Michael T.

Michael T.asked

V11 Absolute Extra

Can you buy a spare battery thru a reseller or only thru Dyson direct? Thanks Mick

Dyson Team ..Dyson

While some resellers may carry batteries, we encourage purchasing direct from Dyson to ensure you get a genuine Dyson battery.

Genuine Dyson batteries have been engineered by the same teams who engineered the V11 to ensure it provides reliable performance. We can't ensure the performance, safety or durability of non-Dyson batteries.

You can find the batteries for our V11 machines via this link: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/replacement-batteries/dyson-v11

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Joe Bloomer

Joe Bloomerasked

V11

rotor brush does not turn, seems to be locked, brand new out of the box. ??how to get the roto brush to turn??? Unit pulls a strong suction,

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This certainly isn't what we would expect. Please give us a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy and we will be happy to help get this rectified. Our Dyson Experts are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Patasked

V11 Torque Drive

Hi there I have had Dyson v11 torque fir over a year now and went to use it last night and mid use it just stopped and now can’t get no power. Screen still works but can’t get any power to motor . It’s very disappointing that this has happened after spending so much on a product to not have this issues. You put it on the charge dock and the blue lights come on. Screen says 100%, you can change modes but when you press trigger nothing happens? Any ideas anyone please help Dyson it’s still under warranty

Dyson Team ..Dyson

For assistance, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy so we can best get this sorted for you.

Our Dyson Experts are available Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST and look forward to assisting you.

Andrea B
Andrea B

I had the same thing happen with my V11 Absolute 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for Dyson to repair it, and they are now saying another 5 working days to send my unit back to me and order parts. Very disappointed with Dyson this time their customer care has been atrocious and I have had to keep calling each week to find out what is going on, ith a different story each time. Good luck with getting it repaired. They keep blaming covid-19 for the delays

Pat

Sorry to hear that. They sent me out a replacement motor and trigger(complete unit)straight away like total 3 day turn around. What I did notice was I got a rude lady the first time I rang trying to give me the usual run down and drain my life of what it could be . Even after I assured her it was the trigger she still was very rude and Gard to deal with. So I hung up and rang back and got the most loveliest guy and within 2 mins he said there sending out anew replacement . So try again.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives