11Dyson V15 Detect

• Rarely
Pet OwnerYes · No
3.8
4.5
Effective on variety of surfaces
Easy to empty bin

Very good machine and very easy to use. Saves me alot of time Show details ·  1
Vivien  S
Vivien SWentworth Falls25 posts
  Absolute

Amazing stick vac, but will prompt more time spent cleaning!

When I first tried the laser head on my new Dyson v15 I was totally shocked at how much dust and detritus was on floors I thought were relatively clean! The laser shows up every speck on your floor in all its glory. It will be an asset to me, owning 2 dogs…the only downside is that I know I will spend MUCH more time vacuuming with this - apparently common when you get this item… Show details ·  1
Chris
ChrisPerth, WA11 posts
  Verified Total Clean

Disappointing

Purchased because of the reputation but it only works for eight seconds at a time then shuts down and drops all the dirt you've cleaned up back on the carpet ( even after Ive emptied it and cleaned it out.)
Mario W.
Mario W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
  Verified Absolute

Not impressed at all

Doesn't have a suction my previous Dyson vacuum cleaner had for half the price with a cord. The battery looses power very quickly. Quicker than what the item is designated to do. Show details
Dyson
Dyson   DM

Thanks for taking the time to write your honest feedback. If you'd like assistance with what you've mentioned here, please reach out to our support team to troubleshoot. Our contact details are listed here: external link

justyn k.
justyn k.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Powerful performance!

Cleaning the entire house with this tool is a terrific idea. Also, there were no problems at the post office and the delivery happened quickly. The battery's strong and dependable performance is what I appreciate. Show details ·  1
Vinit Jain
Vinit JainSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts
dneesha7
dneesha7South East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Blinded by the Light!

I saw the 'light' and had to have it! Cashed in frequent fliers to buy this vacuum about 12mths back.
Like many buyers, I wished it did not have this feature....the dust can never be removed fully, drove me crazy, so I switched to another attachment head.
However, another not to be defeated feature was detaching the stick to empty the dust canister.....too tight, have to get my husband to assist and the when it is released....falls on my foot...ouch!
The next dud is the downward push to expell the contents, it does not clear the lot, I have to get a skewer to pick it out, the lever action does not get it all. I have cats and a lot of cat hair. I prefer my V8 or DC44...and yes I have 3 vac's....and a 2 storey house. Show details ·  5
danielp
danielpMelbourne17 posts
  Verified Absolute
TruthHound
TruthHoundCanberra Central 2602, ACT4 posts
  Absolute Extra

Dyson V15 - Where have you been all my life?

The most perfect vacuum imaginable…anti clog, huge barrel storage, the laser dust previewer is brilliant!
We love the wall attachment, and it’s heaps better than the Dyson hinged bracket!
The battery lasts a long time, about 40 minutes.
Great for the car as well.
The only thing that’s annoying is the hepa filter needs cleaning and shuts down the whole cleaner for at least 24 hours while it dries…
We would suggest buying a serving filter so you can do a straight switch over. Show details
Shaun
ShaunLaunceston3 posts
  Absolute

Great upgrade from existing model

We had a Dyson v7 Animal for years before this and it had finally given up the ghost. I was very impressed with that model so decided to buy the v15 when it was on sale. Much better system for emptying that the previous model. Also the green light for detecting dust where i normally couldn't see was a novelty, but comes in handy sometimes.
Whilst it was much more costly, which was nearly the reason we didn't buy the v15 we have found it to be a suitable upgrade. Show details
tray48
tray48Perth, WA9 posts

Best thing ever

It took me a good while to convince myself my ball dyson needed upgrading especially because the detect Dyson I wanted was so costly, but I’m so glad I talked myself into it!, convenient easy to use, tackles my pets hairs effortlessly and did I mention, convenient, I was concerned I would run out of battery power but never went below 15 minutes run time left, I love this thing, vacuums bed linen and everything as a hand held Show details
Angi
Angi5 posts
Marg
Marg2 posts
  V15 Detect

Not as good as the older models

I brought the new Dyson V15 vacuum cleaner with high hopes it would be as good as the previous model. I was very disappointed as it doesn’t pick up small items as good as it should also the suction is very poor. Would I recommend this product no, would I buy another Dyson vacuum no I wouldn’t
Rosemary
Rosemary2 posts
  Total Clean

Very Light to carry. Excellent to use and empty after cleaning all the house

Im a family of 4 adults and have a two story home all wooden floor and this fabulous to clean and still have over 3/4 battery life to use on the eco button. Highly recommend to families.It is a light weight vacuum cleaner which i find easy to carry upstairs and lift without being heavy like other vacuum cleaners Ive had in past. Show details
Toochie000
Toochie000Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC27 posts

Love this vacuum

Much better than my previous model has a slimmer head and am able to get under the edge of the couch. The green light is good! Wish it was on both heads though Show details

Judi · V15 Detect

I've had 2 dysons(one was a recall) in 20 years, so worth the money. BUT I've done my back in need to know if anyone has this v15 and a double coat dog husky or malamute. How does the vac go on carpet with them. My other vac is going well and reluctant to spend $1500.

Good Things
Good Things
Judi

Been reluctant on the sticks after reading feedback. Thank you

Mike
Mike · V15 Detect

can you stop the brush head from spinning when vacuuming?

Michael
Michael

Dyson
Dyson   DM

Hi Mike, the motor will run and brush bar will spin when you pull the trigger and they'll stop when you let go.
The motorised spinning action works conjunction with the airflow to maximise pick up on flooring.

Jennifer · V15 Detect

Hello. I've always been disappointed in how quickly my stick vac loses power. They're always advertising 60min fade-free power etc but when I looked at the Choice website they tell a different (and more accurate story). Whilst the top recommendations are Dyson, when you look at them they give a true representation of just how long you get. The best is the Dyson V15 Detect total clean and the actual running time is 12 mins - Measured with brush head on and full power. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm reluctant to go through this again.

Joanna Nicholls
Joanna Nicholls

I'm not sure whether you have the 'max' setting button on - that will make the machine lose power faster and the battery life itself decreases too if it's always on.

Jennifer

on and off depending on what I'm doing but I need more than 5 mins. I can't even vac my small car in one go. I'm going to call them tomorrow

Alexandra R.
Alexandra R.

The screen of the Dyson V15 Detect.

Features

Laser technology

An in-built green laser is precisely angled at 1.5 degrees, so that it reveals hidden dust on a floor’s surface, down to 10 microns. This helps you cater your vacuuming to specific spots on the floor that need attention.

Adjusting the level of suction

An acoustic piezo sensor is able to detect the size of particles being sucked up by the vacuum. It does this by ‘listening’ to the vibrations of the particles.

The vacuum automatically adjusts the suction power according to what the sensor hears is entering the vacuum. It increases suction when higher concentrations of dust are detected, and lowers it when the dust particles are smaller, or a lower level of dust is present.

The size and number of dust and debris particles are displayed on an LCD screen near the handle, using a coloured graph.

Anti-tangle technology

Hair often gets stuck in a Dyson vacuum’s brush bar. In response, Dyson has designed a hair screw tool that directs hair to spiral around the brush - then off it, and up into the vacuum bin.

Dyson states that this hair screw tool works with long hair and pet hair, which can save you time spent removing hair strands that have become firmly wound around the brush bar.

Easy cleaning

The filter and Dysons’s Fluffy brush bar can be washed in water to help easily maintain your new vacuum.

What are the options?

The Dyson V15 Detect is available in two models.

• The V15 Detect Total Clean ($1, 399) is built with a 5-stage filtration system that captures 99.99% of dust particles down to 0.3 microns.
  • The V15 Detect Absolute Extra ($1, 449) features whole-machine HEPA filtration, which traps particles as small as 0.1 microns. This is similar to the air quality standard that many air purifiers use. It means dust is highly unlikely to be released back into a home’s atmosphere. This more expensive model also comes with a wall-mounted charging dock.

While technically not part of the same product line, the Dyson V12 Detect Slim uses all the same tech as the V15 Detect, but is smaller and more compact in design.

The Dyson V15 Detect's laser.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Dyson V15 Detect worked great on all the surfaces of their home, particularly appreciating how it would detect different surface types and change its suction power accordingly, which was handy for when moving from timber floors to rugs. Some users said that it picked up dirt and hair that other vacuum cleaners left behind.
  • They also reported that the bin was easy to empty.
  • Reviewers with furry, four-legged friends found that the vacuum cleaner picked up pet hairs very easily and effectively.
Compare all Dyson V15 Detect listings
Dyson V15 Detect Complete4.8
Dyson V15 Detect Absolute Extra
  • Discontinued
Dyson V15 Detect Absolute Extra4.8
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $1,499$1,449$1,549$1,549
Bin Capacity0.77 L0.77 L0.77 L0.77 L
HEPA FilterNoYesYesYes
Weight3 kg3.1 kg3.1 kg3 kg
Attachments High Torque cleaner head, Laser Slim Fluffy cleaner head, Crevice tool, Hair screw tool, Mini soft dusting brush, Stubborn dirt brush, Wand Storage clip, Docking station, combination toolLaser Slim Fluffy Cleaner Head,Fabric and Mattress Tool,Digital Motorbar Cleaner Head,Combi-Crevice Tool,MiniSoft Dusting Brush,Free-Standing Floor Dok,Hair Screw Tool,Up-Top Adaptor,Built-In Dusting and Crevice ToolLaser Slim Fluffy Cleaner Head, Fabric and Mattress Tool, Digital Motorbar Cleaner Head, Combi-Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush, Free-Standing Floor Dok, Hair Screw Tool, Up-Top Adaptor, Built-In Dusting and Crevice ToolHigh Torque cleaner head, Laser Slim Fluffy cleaner head, Crevice tool, Hair screw tool, Mini soft dusting brush, Stubborn dirt brush, Wand Storage clip, Docking station, combination tool, Free-standing floor dock
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time4.5 hours4.5 hours4.5 hours4.5 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min60 min60 min
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)5 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date
Awards 2022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 2024
  • MPN: 18151