BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problems Galore

Purchased in September 2016 at Daschcams Australia for $549.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car Modelcx5

Unlucky

UnluckySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great when it worked

My dash cam was purchased and installed by a reputable dealer just over two years ago. It has been replaced because it kept restarting and the replacement unit was repaired under warranty because the internal power in the front camera was faulty. The dealer has sent it off again today because the front camera won't power up. I'm very disappointed- I was assured this was a very good brand and I seem to have had nothing but trouble with it. I drive approximately 1000 kms a week and need a good, reliable unit for peace of mind on the road.

Purchased in June 2017 at Sound in Motion for $880.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo
Car ModelMazda CX-3 DK Akari AWD, 1.8L Diesel, Automatic
Blackvue 650S 2ch LEMON

Blackvue 650S 2ch LEMONSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Camera Ever

Purchased in August 2017 at No Limit Audio Melbourne for $900.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelToyota Hilux
Audio Quality

SLOW CUSTOMER SERVICE

Purchased in May 2018 for $400.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo
Audio Quality

JarkkoAdelaide

Paid premium but it failed to deliver

Purchased one about three years ago, and the sound recording failed after three weeks. I had the unit replaced as I refused to wait three weeks for it to be repaired. After 18 months of usage, the sound recording failed again. We got better value from a unit in my wife's car that was one third the price. Because of the cost and poor reliability, I can only give it two stars.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Jarkko, no worries, look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Upset AussieChisholm NSW

Only Dash cam to Have

Needed to be hard wired but well worth the effort. So impressed will keep it for whatever car i drive even though costly to have hardwired. Havent needed to update software after 2 years of wear. Costly to buy but so much better than cheaper dash cams. Before buying a dashcam its worthwhile doing the research. This product is worth the money.....

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Thanks very much for your review :) If you ever considering upgrading your system, then please get in touch with us so we can help you out.
Thanks again,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Its working fine thanks

Tassie Devil

Tassie DevilHobart, TAS

Fantastic After Sales Service

MishGerringong

Rubbish-didn’t even last 2 years.

Considering this camera wasn’t cheap it is very disappointing that it lasted 1 year and 10 months! And the salt in the wounds is that 6 months after I bought it the warranty went from 1 year to two years. My local electronics shop now refuses to stock them because of the failure rate and how painful BlackVue Australia are to deal with. Will never buy another BlackVue.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Mish, just following up and checking if you have had a chance to read our reply and private messages? Thank you,

Mish

Hi-would be interested to see if it can be fixed. How do I go about this? I would rather have a working BlackVue than to have to rip all the hardwired power cable setup out of my car and get another brand.

Luko

LukoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor app

The app is not user friendly. Compared to much less expensive cameras this is not a good one. Camera quality is good, but if you need info from the app ie how to change passwords etc, forget about it. Mine is sitting in a draw, and I went and bought another cheaper one. much easier to use. Overall very disappointed in this camera.

Avoid

Hi Brendon,
Just touching base to see if you have had any joy resolving the problems you were experiencing? Our support team haven't heard from you, feel free to get in touch if you would like any help.
James

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

An excellent quality basic dash cam

Beachman

BeachmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this unit.

The dash cam worked very well for a while then stopped working without any warning. Changing the SD card, rebooting, downloading and installing firmware are all complicated and time consuming. Theres a constant “invalid settings” warning. I’ll be looking to get my money back and get a more reliable dash cam.

Vincent23Sydney, NSW

Expensive Popular Camera and Pretty Reliable

ALL THE SEARCHES SHOW THAT THE REAR CAMERA IS TERRIBLE

I have a fleet of cars, and one Blackvue 650 2 ch, nothing but issues from day on, cable to rear renewed, rear camera stopped no power now, multiple issues with the upgrades, and cloud etc,
I think the rear camera is better than the front on video, but it never works, so thats in the bin.
No more Blackvue for me.

Not worth the money

Purchased this unit 18 months ago. Had it fitted by an auto electrician complete with the power magic pro. This unit worked well for the first 6 months but then came daily issues, ranging from, loss of audio, no recordings, turning on and off at random times. Seriously every couple of weeks something would go wrong. I contacted blackvue support and with there assistance via email over a 6 month period, it was diagnosed as having a broken NAND memory??
Anyhow since it was outside the warranty period they were not prepared to fix it at there cost.
Not happy with the product, will be removing and throwing in the bin over the weekend.
Save your money.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Customer Service from Autoblackbox WA (Aust Supplier)

Sibron

SibronPerth, WA

Good, but not cheap

Not happy

I purchased the 650GW 2ch some time ago. I was fine for about 13 months then the SD card problem started. I tried various SD cards including the one from Blackvue. I kept getting the "Please check the SD card" message. I'd re format the card once a week and kept getting the error message. I disconnected the rear camera and the problem stopped. I payed for a 2ch dash cam but I've ended up with a 1 channel cam. Never again will i buy a Blackvue dash cam.

had enough

had enough

How Service should be

motion sensor warnings are flooding in post firmware upgrade

Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my dashcam.

Post the upgrade, the sensor warnings are flooding in despite the fact that I have put the impact sensor to 20. I have tried multiple numbers ranging from 20 to 100 and not seen a change. Surely I can't set it to too low so wonder what the ideal number.

Has anyone seen this issue?

regards,
JB

Ben W

Ben Wasked

After an incident last night, I removed 64gb sd card to review files. Only files found on the card were from a few months ago and it seems no new files are available to view. My cameras are set to record constantly inc parking mode using the power magic pro.
The SD card was purchased recently from Ebay advertised as 'genuine blackvue' and from an Australian seller.
Is this likely to be an SD card issue or something else?

Hello Ben,
We're very sorry to hear that this has happened. From what you have described, it does sound like the mSD card is corrupt and will need replacing. May I suggest contacting our support team via email; sales@blackvue.com.au
They will be able to further assist you with this matter.
BlackVue Australia.

Hamid K

Hamid Kasked

Hi my DR650GW stopped recording,there is no recording light at all but the GPS light is on,any advice, thanks

Hi Hamid,
Thanks for reaching out. The above described symptom can be caused by a number of factors. The best thing to do is get in touch with our support team on the details below to go through the trouble shooting process and work out the next step to resolving this issue.
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Lotto

Lottoasked

I have 650 2 channel cam . I have updated a latest firmware and couldnt get an alert sound like normal parking, parking mode on . Could u please advice me

Hi Lotto,
These settings should be accessible via the app, however maybe the PC player will be easier? Have you downloaded this and tried it?
Please let us know how you go and if you require any further help.
BlackVue Australia.

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives