Why did I wait so long

Had it installed at Auto one Morley. Was very paranoid about roof liner... the team did a seamless job . The unit works sensationally and I couldn’t be happier... just wish I had done it sooner. Great product... outstanding install... worth every cent to get it right.

Purchased in June 2019 at Auto One Morley for $799.00.

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7 (Hatchback) R
Battery Life
Hi Stephen, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The team at Auto One Morley have been working with BlackVue for many years and offer good quality installation services for peace of mind with high end cars. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions over the life of the product. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Dash Cam works Great

I bought this dash Cam from Strathfield Car Radios Concord they installed it on the same day into my Triton Ute with a Canopy Not a easy install to the rear, But the job was seamless and very happy with the Service and the whole job

Purchased in June 2019 at Strathfield Car Radios Physical store for $589.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Hi Johno989, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear Strathfield Car Radios Concord were able to facilitate with a quality installation at short notice. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about your camera over the life of the product. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Great value

Glad I picked one of these up, provides good value and peace of mind when im on the road driving knowing that blackvue has my back if anything ever was to happen :)

Purchased in February 2019.

Hi Katerina, thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review, we're very glad to hear how happy you are with your BlackVue, if you ever have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Peace of mind.

After my Forrester being rear ended in January with the other driver not accepting responsibility I finally decided to fit a front and rear dash cam. Research led me to the Blackvue DR750S2CH. I had this professionally installed by Michael and his assistant from Bendas Installation Services. After 40 minutes the installation was complete with the cameras inconspicuously mounted and all wires neatly tucked away. After installation they showed me how the dash cam worked and interfaced to my phone via wifi. Operation of the dash cam is really quite easy and now it just set and forget. So far I havn't connected to the Blackvue cloud service but as I have a 128GB SD card I don't think this is necessary. I highly recommend the Blackvue DR750S2CH dash cam and Bendas Installation Services. My only minor issue is that the standard SD card for this cam is only 16GB in size which is too small, with larger SD cards from Blackvue being very expensive. After-market high quality cards are more reasonably priced.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bendas Installation Services.

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Battery Life
Hi Leigh, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you're enjoying your new dash cam. Although not required for normal operation, the BlackVue Cloud can offer some great additional features such as live notifications, remote access and storage, further increasing the security of your vehicle. The camera can store up to 3 network credentials allowing you to connect at work, home or on the move with a dedicated hot spot. We can only recommend BlackVue SD cards, as there are numerous brands and models available, most of which are not compatible for prolonged operation such as in a dash cam. However we have had positive reports from customers using the Samsung Pro Endurance SD cards if you are looking for a compatible alternative. Feel free to get in touch if you any questions about your camera throughout the life of the product. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Excellent dashcam

Excellent product with a wonderful quality. The dashcam provides beautifully clear video and is easy to download onto my iPhone. I can highly recommend this dashcam. Matt V. Box Hill Victoria

Hi Matt, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The App is always progressing so keep your eyes open for new features in the future. Should you require any assistance in the future, please feel free to get in touch. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Good camera but high failure rate

I replaced my DR650 2-CH in September of 2018 with the DR750S-2CH after the original front camera and cable suffered some damage. Autobarn replaced cable and main front camera and left the original rear camera in place leaving a spare brand new rear camera in the box. I have now replaced that car and I had an Auto Electrician re-install the camera into my new car using the new rear camera which unfortunately will not power up. I had to use my original rear camera again. I say high failure rate because I had the same issue when I first bought the 650 back in 2014 it too had to be replaced when it failed after less than 24 hours. Like I say these are good cameras when they work but the failure rate at of the rear cameras in my experience is unacceptable for the price. I am currently in the process of trying to get the rear camera replaced.
Updated to add: big thanks to Ben from Auto Blackbox for his assistance in resolving this issue

Purchased in September 2018 at Autobarn for $599.00.

Battery Life
Hi Diane, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. I can see your email in our system and our support team will be replying very soon. Our total return rate for failures is ~2% but we understand your experience is a different reflection. In any case, as the Australian Distributor we will always do what we can to offer the best possible customer service. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

The perfect companion for my new car

My camera was professionally installed by Autobarn (Warnerrs Bay N'cle) and after downloading the App, it was then just a matter of connecting my phone by direct Wi-Fi to the Camera and opening the App to access the cameras. The image recorded was very clear whether it was recorded during the day or night. Overall I am very happy with the choice I made buying this Blackvue Camera, I would not hesitate to recommend this camera to anyone looking to get a great dash cam!

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn for $580.00.

Car ModelLexus NX AZ10.II NX 300h F Sport
Night-Time Video Quality
Hi Paul, Thanks for taking the time to leave us review, we're really glad to hear how happy you are with your purchase, if you ever need any assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Expensive, complicated and useless when I really needed it.

We installed the camera (front and rear) as an extra option from the Toyota dealer, paid $1200.
First impression: It's complicated to set up and tutorials available are from third parties. BlackVue offers more ads than useful tutorials.
(I had a Uniden camera before and it was so much simple to use and straight forward).
After installing the app, the configuration is also complicated. Too many unnecessary features like "live stream on Facebook".
The big downside: YOU CAN'T MANUALLY LOCK (SAVE) AN EVENT. My wife witnessed a mayor car crash at the Sydney M5 and she couldn't save the recording. Once at home that evening (after 9 hours) we couldn't find the event, It had been overwritten. My cheap $80 Uniden Cam had a "panic bottom" that once pressed would safe a flying UFO in front of your car for ever until needed.
*This expensive camera SHOULD have a kind of "Panic bottom" to manually save any events at will*
Also the parking mode only works for 1 hour or less, even with the Power Magic Box installed.
In summary, the camera isn't any better than cheaper ones.
----
UPDATE: I've got contacted by BlackVue technical support and they took me through the use and setup of the camera. They explained me about the updates installation and the activation of manual recording by passing my hand in front of the camera's motion sensor (after a software update). I have to say the customer service is great, although I still would love if the camera had a simple "panic" button to save important recordings. From 2 to 3 starts now!

Purchased in January 2019 at Toyota Dealers for $1,200.00.

Car ModelToyota fortuner
Battery Life
Hi Pablo61, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, however I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment, hopefully I can offer some assistance to resolve your concerns. I respect that you found the initial setup complicated, it's disappointing to hear as this should have been done during the handover of your new vehicle, however we do have full-time support staff available to help our customer set up their cameras, and we'd be more than happy to help you with this if you would like to give our team a call on 08 6267 5167. Regarding the EVENT lock button, it is true that we don't have this feature, hopefully you were not misled and told it does? What we do have is WiFi, giving customers the ability to download the footage directly from the camera, permanently storing the video to your smart phone. Our Parking Mode feature works very similar to many other brands by using a battery protection module "Power Magic Pro" to protect your battery from falling below the required starting voltage, as you are aware different cars use different batteries, some smaller and some larger which means vehicles like V8 diesels would have a larger battery, allowing the camera to run longer after the ignition is off, similarly smaller batteries would allow the camera to run much less. In saying this, we do have options available for customers who require longer times, such as the B-112 or B-124 battery pack. We really do look forward to hearing from you so we can take the time to help customise your camera to your needs and run through the features. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Not having a way to safely "lock" an event while driving is very disappointing. As I said on the review, by the time wy wife returned home (8 hours later) that very important footage was deleted. On the other hand the wifi app is not useful because: 1. You are driving and sometimes can't just stop to check your phone. 2. The app doesn't differentiate which video -from so many- is the actual event, so it takes time checking the footage one by one. About the parking mode I have a diesel engine and the battery is big, so I believe maybe the configuration of the magic box is wrong. If you can send me a link showing the correct configuration it may help.Thanks for getting back to us Pablo, We have passed your feedback onto the manufacturer, we are also having a meeting with them this week and your suggestion is high on the list of topics to discuss, so thank you for sharing this with us. Regarding the parking mode settings, if you purchased this through a dealership it may not be advisable to change the settings yourself as I'm not sure if this will have any impact on warranty, so maybe check with them first. But here is a link to the manual: https://www.blackvue.com.au/assets/public_files/pdf/powermagicpro_en_v4.00.pdf Feel free to get back to me with any further questions, otherwise happy to discuss over the phone if you'd prefer. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Peace of mind

Upgrade from 650 to 750 after four years installed easily and works great. Notice picture quality and same ease of use including the cloud feature. Very happy with new camera

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi Captain, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, its also great to hear you enjoyed your older BlackVue camera. Feel free to get in touch should you have any questions in the future. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia

Brilliant

this is my second camera and the blackvue is just brilliant was easy to set up and pair to my phone the picture is very clear hi do most of my driving at night so I have it in night mode and is very good saving footage to my phone is very easy and for me that great because I am not real tech savy Cheers Dave

Purchased in March 2019 for $379.00.

Battery Life
Hi Dave, thanks for taking the time to leave a review for your BlackVue, we're really happy to hear how pleased you are with your recent purchase, if you ever need anything please feel free to get in touch with us. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Good cameras both front and back

I purchased this product and have found them to be great value for money, does everthing I want done easily. Very satisfied, after sales service is really great as well. Highly recommend this product.

Purchased in August 2018 at Autobarn Browns Plains.

Car ModelHyundai ix35 LM.I
Battery Life
Hi Peter, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and for recommending the product. Please feel free to get in touch should you have any questions in the future. Best Regards BlackVue Australia

All the features you would want, Excellent quality video and superb customer service and backup

Ok so I purchased my dash cam about 12 months and up until recently have not needed to view the video until two weeks ago. In short the video terrible I contacted BlackVue Australia who asked to see some video that I had recorded and straight away they agreed that the quality was not satisfactory and the cameras are in fact faulty. The same day they had a replacement unit in the mail which I received two days later. The video quality is excellent now. Thank you BlackVue Australia for the best after sales service i have ever recieved.

Purchased in March 2018 for $700.00.

Night-Time Video Quality
Hi Martin, I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with your BlackVue dash cam, this is definitely not normal and I would like the opportunity to resolve this for you. It sound sot me that you may have "Night Vision" enabled or the sensor in your camera is overly sensitive. I also can't find any correspondence from you, are you able to provide me with more information surrounding the reply you got from us as I believe that is not a satisfactory response. Feel free to PM me those details so I can follow this up and hopefully restore your faith in our brand and reconsider your 1 star review. Thank you, Tom. BlackVue AustraliaHello Tom, I initial thought it was something to do with "Night Vision" so I switched that to parking mode only, this made only a very small difference. This then created a problem with night time driving that the video was to dark. Even with the "Night Vision" on or off there is a significant difference between the front and rear camera, with the rear camera producing a much better quality video. My correspondence has been through you Facebook page. More than happy to send you more information and video clips if you like. Regards MartinHi Martin, I found the Facebook messages, I spoke with the member involved, the assumption was made the issue was resolved because we never heard back from you after our suggestions. However, it is clear that it is not resolved, hence the 1 star review. Feel free to upload some footage here: https://blackvue.wetransfer.com/ Once we receive the footage I will reach out to you again to discuss further, but I'd be happy to replace your cameras either way. Thank you, Tom. BlackVue Australia

Excellent product - very happy

The set up was straight forward and simple to use when it is all good to go. The PMP otherwise was a bit of a fuss but managed to make it work. I'm satisfied with the excellent quality of the recording! Would recommend.

Purchased in February 2019.

Car ModelHyundai i30 2018
Night-Time Video Quality
Hi Jacob, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and recommending the product. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions over the life of the product. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia

Great dashcam for the price

Camera was one of the best i purchased so far ! The video footage was so much better then my old 650 and the night vision has improved alot as well

Purchased in March 2019 at Autobarn for $450.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Hi Aydin, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. At BlackVue Australia we really appreciate you returning to the brand and hope you have an even better experience with the newer upgraded DR750S series camera. As with all our cameras you are welcome to get in touch should you require any support over the life of the product. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia

Great Dashcam

Bought this for my son's car, and can now rest easy if he's ever involved in an accident as we will have proof of the incident. We bought 3 units.

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn for $600.00.

Car ModelHyundai i30 PD
Battery Life
Hi Donna, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very glad to hear how happy you are with your recent purchase, thanks for your support. Cheers, BlackVue Australia.

Great Dash Cam

Good quality product. I’m very happy with the DR750s. The associated app has all the functionality I need to view video files and get notifications from the camera while I’m away from the car. I added a battery saver and a 4G mobile hotspot into the car to facilitate this

Hi Pete, thanks for updating your review, really appreciate the support and please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you ever have any questions. Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Great Dashcam but.....

Love the dashcam but it doesn’t make sense supplying the 2ch product with such a small SD card. The supplied 16gb Card is way too small to keep recordings for the front and rear cams and the issue is even more exacerbated when in parking mode via PMP. Other than that, recording quality is good, software/app should have zoom and snapshot functionality and ability to tie footage together but doesn’t or I cannot find it. Hardwiring into BMW wasn’t as easy as the instructions indicated and required a little trial and error. Would help if BlackVue had a more comprehensive library of help/FAQs in installing in various cars, including modern cars that have battery saving modes. Setting up g-sensor is quite finicky and requires a bit of guess work along with a lot of testing to get it right, well as close to right as it can be. I’d like to recommend the 750s but BlackVue need to supply much larger SD card for such a premium $$ dashcam.

Hi noremac_22, Thanks for taking the time to review your BlackVue dash camera. I do wish to advise you that our cameras come with the following microSD cards, 16-32-64-128. You just have to specify which one you want at time of ordering, by default they come with a 16GB microSD card. As for installation, we have tons of videos on YouTube from various followers sharing their installs, I'd suggest checking some out to see if any of those would be helpful, failing that, feel free to give one of our Authorised Installers a call. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. I have installed the dashcam now so no need to seek further help in this area, however my point was more directed at the lack of installation videos for the PMP around difficult installs in cars like the BMW or Audi where these cars have battery saving modes that turn off accessories to save battery life. Also my initial point regarding the SD Card was again more directed at “why would you provide the same standard size 16gb SD card for a 2ch system as you do for single channel”, when a 2ch system is obviously going to use more space? it doesn’t make sense, but for the point of view BlackVue charge a massive premium for their “branded” SD cards. Considering I purchased my cam at Autobarn, not online, I didn’t have the choice to buy a “larger” SD card however I wouldn’t have bought one anyway at the prices BlackVue charge for them. Don’t get me wrong, I like the dashcam, but getting back to original point, the 2ch system is expensive and should have a larger SD card supplied considering its recording for 2 cameras and as such I wouldn’t recommend it because of that alone. If I had done thorough research in this area beforehand I probably wouldn’t have purchased the BV750s 2ch because of this.Hi noremac_22, thanks for your feedback, I will pass this onto management. I will also follow up with Autobarn why they weren't able to offer larger cards, as they normally stock all models and card sizes. As for the price, yes I agree they are not cheap, however they are the best on the market suited for dash cams, alternatively I would suggest a Samsung Pro Endurance, many customers have reported fantastic results using these cards. Is there anyway we could change your mind regrading the recommendation of BlackVue? Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Excellent Front camera quality

Easy to install and the quality of the front camera is great. Cannot comment on the rear camera as the supplied cable is too short for the Toyota Hilux with rear canopy. Need to investigate cable extension options. Also easy connection to phone with very simple instructions and iOS download.

Hi Tanj, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The standard 6m cable is sometimes too short for utes with canopies however the 10m option is normally suitable. This will be available from your BlackVue retailer. If you have any questions about you new camera feel free to get in touch. Best Regards BlackVue AustraliaThanks for your quick reply BlackVue Aus. One item that is disappointing is that this unit comes with only a cigarette lighter plug and not USB plug with cigarette lighter option. The cheaper Dashcams I have had in the past past has USB cable connections, however an expensive unit like the DR750S-2ch doesn’t. It seems a little odd as my cigarette plug has a double USB plug in it to run another device in the car and the Blackvue could simply plug in to this. Do I now need to buy one of this crappy adapter things? It seems you don’t have a USB cable on your website. Little surprised. Tanj.Hi Tanj, unfortunately USB only provides 5 volts and BlackVue dash cams require 12 volts, and 12 volts can only be obtained from the CIG adapter or from the fuse box. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia.

Happy but some questions..

Happy with my blackvue dash cam. Was setup professionally by an independent auto shop (not by blackvue). However this company did not seem to have the time to explain how my new blackvue set up works so I have muddled through it myself. I understand how it all works now, I think, and I am happy with cloud and WiFi connections and the concept of this. I am wondering if I can set up a 3rd WiFi option (for at work) If so, where can I find how to do this. Also, is the WiFi connection only approximately a 10 meter range?

Hi Kimmy, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you are happy with your new BlackVue. The DR750S-1CH can store 3 network connections which the camera will connect to when in range. The Camera WiFi range is approx 5-10 meters. The network settings can be entered in the "could settings" section on the firmware. Once connected to the internet you will be able to access your camera via the BlackVue Cloud. There are detailed instructions on the BlackVue Help Centre or feel free to get in touch if you would like any assistance setting up your camera. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Excellent product - Few things to be aware too

Very easy to set up, but the cable to connect main front cam and rear cam is slightly short for my vehicle (4.75m long vehicle) if I try to completely conceal the cable. It would have been much better if the cable is 0.5-1m longer..

Quality of recorded footage is good, but struggles to capture plate number of the vehicle in front during the night driving when head lights are on.

I've hardwired DR750S using Power Magic Pro (hardwiring kit) in order to use the parking mode. This kit has few issues. 1) Cigar jack connection socket is used to connect the dash cam and the kit, meaning you have to have a certain space around your fuse box, 2) If you have no suitable fuse for connection around the driver seat, the switch box would be placed away from the driver seat. My case I had to place it at the far corner of the glove box because suitable fuses are found on the passenger seat side which is a bit inconvenient. 3) GND wire's terminal is so small, so I had to change it with bigger one before connecting.

Cloud function is a very handy function, but have to have a mobile Wi-Fi device connected to a mobile battery for long hour use unless your cigar socket is connected to a constant fuse.

And lastly, if you want to use a larger size SD card, make sure to format it by your PC first. If you format or initialise it through the dash cam, it won't work unless it is a Blackvue SD card. I am using SunDisk 128GB which was formatted first by my i-Mac and it is working perfectly.

Hi Lunero, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We do have optional 10m and 15m coax cables for longer vehicles such as yours, we'd be happy to supply you one free of charge if you like? Regarding your microSD card, the reason non-genuine cards need formatting is they are by default formatted in exFAT, but dash cams need FAT32. As for using Sandisk, please keep a close eye on your camera, as Sandisk cards are the most incompatible cards because they are TLC and do not contain an error correction controllers, and dash cams, particularity high end ones such as BlackVue need MLC Endurance cards with error correction controllers. Get in touch if you would like us to send out a longer coax cable. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Wow, thanks for a nice gesture. I would love to get a longer cable. Please let me know how can I be in touch. Thanks a million.Hi Lunero, just send us an email to sales@blackvue.com.au mention this review and we will take car of the rest :) Cheers, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Hi there my car turned off and it stopped recording is that normal I want it to work when car off as well

Hi .y parking mode stop ed recording when car is off is that normal

I bought my dashcam 750S 32Gr 5 months ago. everything was going fine for few months , and I am really happy that I chose a perfect dash cam to give my wife and me a peaceful while driving or parking our new car. Yesterday, someone hit our car when my wife parked the car at carpark .I checked the Even File but NO Recording . the dashcam said 'the camera is in use and/or cannot start this function'' and the camera only record for around 30 minutes. It is really shame when you need a evident to show your police or Insurance but nothing. I contacted to Blackvue team to help me to find the issue of the dash cam / video but after 1 hour talking , they asked me to return the dash cam to their company to check/replace new one. It is really really shame when I spent $654 Dashcam and MPP and now my car was damaged and my dash cam not recording. Now please tell me what should I do with my dash cam and my damaged car and my insurance ?
Hi Daniel, We are very sorry to hear of your recent experience, this is certainly not normal and our support team would like to investigate this further, hence the request for you to send the camera back to us for inspection. It is possible that the camera was not operating because the voltage in the cars battery fell below the cut-off, it is also possible that the camera recorded the incident but you had not enabled the Event lock feature. I suggest following the advice of the support team and sending the camera back for inspection. Thank you, BlackVue Australia.Thank you for your quick responding. However, eveyday we heard the dashcam said " starting normal recording" so how do we know if is not working after saying so - secondly, we spent almost 1hour to talk to the support team but no one guide us to the right answer & after we sent email plus all features of the dashcam no one give us email back. - we finally have big question, if the dashcam has faulty who has responsibility for our car damages? It seems like we have to pay for dashcam + our car accident! Cheers, DanielHi Daniel, Can you please provide me with the email address you have been emailing? I wish to find out who you have been dealing with so we can get this issue resolved for you. Thank you, BlackVue Australia.

BlackVue DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)BlackVue DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)
CategoryDash CamsDash Cams
Price (RRP) $579.00$409.00
Viewing Angle 139°139°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)1080p (Full HD)
Megapixels 2.1 MP2.1 MP
Channels 21
FeaturesGPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-FiGPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD cardMicroSD card
Weight115 g88 g
Dimensions Front: 36 x 118.5, Rear: 25 x 67.4 mm36 x 118.5 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)