2Blackvue DR900S

4.2

MVB
MVB

Expensive but no rego

Paid about $1,388 to have 2 channel 900X installed. Observed a hit and run on a parked vehicle and when I retrieved the video - you cannot make out the registration of the offending vehicle. The offending vehicle was moving - but only about 40 km/h. Even taking screen shots and enlarging did not help. It is completely blurred and cannot be made out. I could not even make out the writing on the side or phone number of the business written on the side of the vehicle. Never mind night vision and all the other perks Blackvue says it can do - the single most important aspect of an accident is the registration number and this camera cannot capture it. Not worth the money in my opinion. Show details
Storm Reviews
Storm ReviewsCanberra 2600, ACT
  DR900S-2CH

Camera is good, iOS app, completely useless

The camera is decent, recorded footage is probably a little above average, however the product is massively let down by the BlackVue app. Last few updates of the BlackVue app on the Apple Store have made the camera almost useless. You can no longer connect the phone to the camera, so if there is an incident, you need to remove the SD card and plug it into a computer, hardly the user experience expected of a premium priced Dashcam.

Support is slow to respond and clearly no testing is done prior to app release. Would not recommend this Dashcam brand at all until they address the terrible app issues. Save yourself the aggravation and steer clear. Show details

Valeriy F.
Valeriy F.

Would not recommend camera

Horrible camera. I bought the most expensive one with back and front recording and its stops recording by itself whenever it wants. I called the company customer service and they keep telling me it's the SD card. I bought a different SD card and it's still not recording. I was hit and run once and it did not record. The second time my car got robbed and it did not record. The customer service is useless. They basically tell you to change SD cards since it can get bad after 6 months or a year. Horrible, horrible product. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. They are located in South Korea and they don't care about customer satisfaction. Good thing if you live in Australia they will take care of you but if you're in US then would not recommend at all. Show details
Rawsan M.
Rawsan M.5 posts

Issue Fixed

Changing 2 starts to be 5 start.
I had an issue were the dash cam kept restarting, was not sure why, might be due to heat.

Anyway, after my last review as I was not happy with the issue, I submitted a bad review, BlackVue Australia reached out to me and offered a fix, the cam was sent to me and it is working now as new.

I am really happy with how BlackVue Australia proactively reached out to me after my first review, a fix was offered and made me happy.

Thanks BlackVue Australia Show details ·  1

Dewi Redding
Dewi Redding
  Fair Incentive DR900S-2CH

No enough information

Few months ago I bought a Blackveu at Local Autobarn near me, but the shop assistant didn’t give enough information that I need an extra battery for the parking mode.the result , After somebody scratched my car on parking area unfortunately I couldn’t found the footage on my camera, very disappointed! Show details
Video Quality
Battery Life
Audio Quality
Alanna
Alanna3 posts
Ozzie Matt
Ozzie MattSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great quality

Cameras are great!!! but the Aux cable is way too short. Can't use my rear camera due to the cable being about 1.5m short for my sedan. Please see picture for evidence. Show details ·  1
Ash
AshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't buy this dashcam

Big mistake to buy this dashcam. I bought DR-2CH from autobarn installed with them , after 3 months both dashcam blown up sent them to blackvue for repairs 3 moths waiting for results still nothing. There are more options available with this price to buy and much better support. Show details
Oldsalt
OldsaltMetropolitan Adelaide, SA41 posts
s c.
s c.7 posts

Camera stopped working

Got blackvue 900s repaired last year for in may for incorrect time zone.
This time it stopped working completely, I have to admit the blackvue service support is good but the amount of money customer pays to buy once of these unit is too much compared to similar cameras in the market.
Have emailed blackvue regarding this issue and now waiting for a response Show details
Jayasooriah
JayasooriahSydney, NSW13 posts
  Verified DR900S-1CH

Customer Service DR900S-1CH

Some 22 months after I purchased DR900S-1CH camera with 128GB the SD card failed. I contacted customer service I was told the accessory warranty is only for 12 months. I was further told: BlackVue 128GB SD card for $159 this comes with a 1 year warranty; Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB SD card for $79 this comes with a 5 year warranty.

I said that I would not have purchased the BlackVue SD card at the premium price had I known about the Samsung Pro Endurance and asked for the decision to be reviewed. They promptly agreed send me a replacement Samsung card. I call that good customer service.

James
JamesVictoria39 posts
  Verified DR900S-2CH

The software could be better

From a pure objective point of being a dash cam, this does exactly what I want. However, the software leaves a bit to be desired. There’s no easy way to transfer data to your phone short of a SD card adapter. Copy times over wifi are atrocious so you have to leave the car on and your phone nearby plugged in waiting for the download to complete. There’s no option for transfers over the Internet. Show details ·  2
Graham
GrahamPacific Paradise19 posts

Customer service DR900S 2CH

My DR900S 2CH stop working after 2years and 3months, I emailed Blackvue Australia and they agreed to fix the dashcam for free still......

This made me so confident with Blackvue, I brought the DR900X 2CH for my son....

Great service to existing customers..... Show details ·  1

Attempt2
Attempt2Perth, WA15 posts
VladimirMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts
  Verified DR900S-1CH

Excellent camera and quality videos

Have had eBay generic cheapies, to reasonable quality cameras. However they all suffered from battery expansion and reduced video quality within one year. The DR990s has been faultless For over a year. No batteries to worry about (super capacitors). I got it with the power magic pro so it can record in park mode. No issues with connecting to its wifi to download videos. I use quality cards like the Lexar professional series. The only problem I had and lots have had as well, was the 3M double sided tapes that came with it was not up to the autumn sun, let alone the summer sun. I went to Bunnings and got the Moroday brand one. It hasn't come off since. Show details ·  1

Craig Mc · DR900S

Hi. I have a Dr900s 2ch. I was looking at the recorded files and noticed it only has every 2nd day on file and nothing for the days in-between. What causes that? I have looked at my settings and can not see why it is doing this. Calender selection highlights recordings as only available
every 2nd day and nothing to select on the other days.

Hi Vladimir,
The card is a Blackvue 32gb. I think your suggestion to go a bigger card is the way to go. Thanks

Caz
Caz · DR900S

I recently purchased the DR900S-2CH and having trouble with making my phone the hotspot. I can connect my home wi-fi so when parked in the driveway it is fine but when I try to make my phone the hotspot I can select the Blackvue wi-fi on the phone and my select hotspot on my phone but when i go into the app it doesn't let me select the phone. What am I doing wrong?

David
David · DR900S

I have a Blackvue DR900S 2CH that was installed about 15 months now. Things had been OK and smooth until about 2 months ago, when I then could not view the files anymore. Since then, the symptoms are like this:
* It does record but seems like long delay for recording the very current time, ie when checking , see the clips taken until 2 or 3 minutes before current time.. looks like it take a while to update the recording,
which was a weird behaviour compared with how it worked before.
* When switching to Blackvue wifi to view the clips on my iPhone, only the very last clip can run and display, all the previous clips cannot, it displays the err msg: 'the camera is in use and/or cannot start this function'' .
I tried many times... updating the firmware - not working; then remove the Blackvue apps in my iPhone and then re-installed the Blackvue app - not working. Press and hold button on device to restart it - not working.. So, trying and trying this way and that way, but not working back yet.

What should I do now? Is there any Blackvue centres where I can bring my dash camera to, for some check/fix?
Thank you very much.
David

If you’ve watched content on a 4K TV, you’ll know the stunning clarity that this innovative resolution can offer. Since the purpose of a dash cam is to record the finer details of road incidents, you can imagine that a dash camera equipped with a 4K front camera can offer peace of mind that footage won’t turn out blurry or pixelated.

Adding more points onto the ‘peace of mind’ angle, you can also zoom in on important details such as license plate numbers, and the DR900S is designed with Event File Overwrite Protection. This means that up to 50 video files of incidents can be saved – preventing the loop-recording feature from overriding important footage.

Video compression technology grants the same amount of recording time to this 4K dash cam as you’d get with a standard HD dash cam. Thankfully, this means you won’t run out of storage space on your SD card extra quickly.

BlackVue claims that combined with its fast shutter speed and 162-degree wide angle view, the DR900S is able to capture a wider range of accurate footage (this angle is more far reaching than the 129 degrees offered by the DR650S and 139 degrees of the DR750S).

With Native Parking Mode, the DR900S goes one step further than the regular Parking Mode offered by the DR650s and the DR750S. You won’t need to buy a separate external battery pack (called a Power Magic Battery Pack) or separate hardwiring kit (Power Magic Pro) – as a hardwiring kit is already included. In practical terms, this means that the dash cam will automatically switch to Parking Mode whenever you turn your car off, earning the DR900S extra points for convenience.

Compare all Blackvue DR900S listings
CategoryDash CamsDash Cams
Price (RRP) $799$599
Viewing Angle 162°162°
Camera Resolution2160p (4K Ultra HD)2160p (4K Ultra HD)
Megapixels 8 MP8 MP
Channels 21
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD cardMicroSD card
Weight116 g88 g
Dimensions Front: 36 x 118.5, Rear: 25 x 67.4 mm36 x 118.5 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Awards 20202020