Blackvue DR900S

Great camera.

After an eBay generic that failed less than 12 month, I got a mini 0806, which although was a lot better than the eBay generic ones, the GPS took time to lock and after 3 years has died. I stumbled upon autobahn sale and snatched a bargain. GPS locks in about 30 seconds and parking mode with the power magic pro is handy. Only down side I can think of is its size which is more than twice that of the mini 0806 and only has one card slot.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn Online Store for $505.00.

Car ModelMitsubishi Pajero NX GLS
Night-Time Video Quality
Hi Vlad32, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for choosing BlackVue. If you ever need any help or assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Perfect does everything

Easy to set up in both Wifi and Cloud, parking mode an excellent feature, picture quality on both cameras is great, remote tracking is a great feature, those at home can see where you are and the driving conditions takes the worry out of long trips alone.

Purchased in April 2019.

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe DM Highlander
Battery Life
Hi DCL, thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to see how happy you are with your purchase. If you ever need any help please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Happy Customer

Hi, I had been thinking about installing a dash camera for sometime now. I had it installed by the company that I purchased the camera through. From what I have watched of some of the recorded footage has been very good.
So far I have not had any issues with the connectivity of the camera.
I was impressed with the the welcoming phone call from Blackvue

Purchased in March 2019.

Car ModelHyundai Tucson TL Highlander AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic
Video Quality
Hi Michael, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're really glad to hear how happy you are with your new BlackVue dash cam. If you ever have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Feels more secure

I'm am reaching my senior years so I wanted a product that would be easy to install and operate. The BlackVue ticked both those boxes and now it just operates in the background with just a small amount of maintenance each month.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn for $600.00.

Car ModelNissan Patrol Y62 Ti
Audio Quality
Hi Harvey, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you found the camera easy to install and operate. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions in the future. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Great product! And great service!

Super clear images with 4K camera, great for actually getting plate numbers.
Just make sure you have the recommended micro sd card and possibly a spare in case of any issues

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn.

Car ModelFord Mustang
Battery Life
Hi Blake, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very happy to hear how pleased you are with the camera and our service, please get in touch if you ever need anything. Cheers, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Peace of Mind

The peace of mind that comes with knowing I have this dashcam installed in my car can't be beaten.
The recording quality is great and the unit is very easy to set up and use.

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn for $600.00.

Car ModelHyundai i30 PD
Battery Life
Hi Donna, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very glad to hear how happy you are with your recent purchase, thanks for your support. Cheers, BlackVue Australia.

Brilliant

Don’t waste your money buying cheaper brands as I did, the DR900S-1CH is simply the best. Day time video clarity is I believe second to none and the night time clarity would with out a doubt be the best I’ve seen. I self installed using the PMP by just following the install instructions & video, easy as.Everything else from mounting the dash cam to viewing the recorded video is a breeze, only taking a few trips to adjust the settings to my liking. I brought the 1ch model because of the dark tinting on the rear window on my 4X4, so the only criticism that I have is that a rear camera can’t be added later on if I require one, (maybe this could be looked at by BlackVue for future models). Overall this is a brilliant dash cam.
Wayne Ellis

Hi Wayne, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying your new 4K dash cam and you found the install very simple. As for adding the rear camera at a later stage, we will forward your feedback to the manufacturer as we also think this is a good idea. Feel free to get in touch if any questions. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Can't trust the original memory card Blackvue 900 S 2 channel

I purchased Blackvue 900S- 2CH on 3rd Nov, 2018 with 128Gb memory card upgrade.
I was recently involved in a minor traffic accident, where I could not prove, that I was not at fault because the Blackvue was not recording anything since 12 Dec 2018 ( since that time memory card was faulty) and I believed all this time that its performing well, till this happened.

The box came with spare 16gb memory card which I am using now and its working fine.
A warning to all Blackvue users, keep checking the recorded videos every now and then to make sure your Blackvue memory card is working fine.

Will be sending the faulty card to Blackvue in Perth now, as I have already spoken to them but not happy when you spend a fortune on a camera and it lets you down when you need it as an evidence.

Hi Sunny, we are very sorry to hear of your recent experience with your BlackVue dash camera, this is certainly not normal and we will be investigating the cause once we receive your faulty microSD card. I hope that our company can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible and restore your faith in our product once more, in the meantime, please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Sunny, just touching base to see if you have contacted our office for further help? I just want to make sure that our team is helping you out and that yo are receiving the help you require. Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi, I was going to post the memory card but just found out that the Blackvue 900S is a complete waste of money. It didn't record anything today while I parked my car (Melbourne weather 27 degree outside) for 5 hours and I needed to view a footage which I can't now. Plugged the memory card it into the laptop to find out that the last recording was on 21st jan. Not sure if the camera is faulty as well as it started recording again when I restarted the camera. Honestly never had this issue with DR 650GW which I have owned since 2015 and you guys replaced it once because it was faulty. I will call you on after Australia Day to work this out as this is becoming a pain in the AR$E

Good on picture quality but work badly (overheating) during summer time

Not working properly in summer time. Blackvue give below solution but not really workable.

Blackvue dashcam can operate within -20℃ to 60℃ (-4°F to 140°F ).
However you might be right, if the outside temperature is 33, the temperature inside the vehicle might rise to 60 or close to it.
The reason is DR900S-2CH processor operates twice or more than other dashcam because of its 4K UHD resolution.
That's why sometimes it is hot but that was perfectly fine.

I suggest to please make sure that your dashcam, is not directly parked in the sunlight (if there is no other shade you might change the position of your parking. eg, vertical front-->vertical backward)
just not to get a direct exposure to sunlight (since the dashcam is metallic).

If you have further question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hello DPP, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I have checked our support tickets and can't see any correspondence. I'll assume you contacted the manufacturer directly in Korea? May I suggest contacting our support team here in Australia? We can be emailed at support@blackvue.com.au As for the issue you mentioned, we are working a new firmware that will hopefully eliminate this issue, the release is scheduled within the next 2 weeks. Once you have tested it, hopefully you can let us know your feedback and give us the opportunity to turn your 2 star review into a 5 star :) Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Good picture but terrible cloud connectivity

Recently purchased 4k BlackVue DR900S dash cam. The picture quality is excellent. However, I have had no end of trouble trying to connect remotely and use the cloud (which is what I wanted - rather than physically removing replacing a memory card). While the camera itself is ok - they have not got remote access or cloud capability right. I do not reccomend this product if remote access or upload to cloud is important.

Hi DC Syd, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with camera and certainly hope we can resolve the issue. The DR900S definitely does have Cloud capabilities and we'd be more than happy to help you getting this setup if you would like. We hope you give us the opportunity to resolve this matter and hope that you will give consideration to your 2 star review. Feel free to email us at support@blackvue.com.au or call us on 08 6267 5167. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi DC Syd, just wondering if you have had a chance to reach out to our support team so they could assist you in getting your camera to connect to the Cloud correctly? Thank you, James. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi DC Syd, I can see our support team has tried to make contact with you unsuccessfully, please consider giving us the chance to offer you assistance regarding your Cloud connection, if we are unable to resolve the problem we would like to reimburse you for your time with a fuel gift card. Thank you, BlackVue Australia.

Well - You Really Need To RTFM. Yes. Really carefully.

The two cameras took 2 hrs to install with the independent parking power supply. The WiFi setup is far from intuitive, and then setting up the Cloud connection is even more opaque.

But, now both cameras are working, I am amazed. They leave my dead Garmin camera for dead. The box has all you need; none of those 100cm long power cables which are useless. It even has spare adhesive pads & cable clips!

Hi ValleyForge, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that you got everything working in the end :) We are hoping to work more closely with phone manufacturers to help streamline the WiFi procedure, but this is a work in progress. Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any other questions or feedback. Regards, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Blackvue Dashcam - Superior Product

Checked out multiple dashcams and in the end settled for the Blackvue 900s.

If you want superior video quality (day & night) with excellent features and user friendly this should be the camera of choice.

Was that impressed with the dashcam, I have booked in my second car to get the same camera.

Hi DC7, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad to hear how happy you are and that you've purchased a second unit. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

I am thinking of buying a DR900 but can I buy an extra mounting kit for the ability to swap overbite front and rear cameras to another car
Hi Fred, fantastic choice of camera :) and yes sure can. Just ask your retailer and they should be able to order them in for you, otherwise you can order them online and they will ship them to you. Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Awesome camera you will not be disappointed and super easy to transfer to another car. In saying that I would probably just buy a whole setup if your going to always be switching back and forth, its nice to just jump in the car and it all works, also good having it in the car while its parked

I don't understand the app, the rear camera is not showing any recording but the light indicates it is on. The quality is amazing though. My husband got it for me to feel better after hearing my cousin got in a wreak with a semi & he took off with out anyone getting details... I don't want to be in that situation. Also it only seems to record in 1:00 intervals & 98% of them are when I'm in park... What am I doing wrong & how can I fix it?
Hi Samantha, can I suggest you check out our online help center, this has lots of videos and helpful tips. You can find it here: https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/en-us Alternatively, you can call our team for further assistance on 08 6267 5167. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Hi Blackvue Australia, I’ve got the DR750S-2CH hardwired in my car. Looking at specs on your website it seems the DR900S shares the exact same Rear unit as the DR750S am I correct? Looking at upgrading the Front unit to DR900S. Should be simple plug and play? I can just unplug the DC-in and Rear connecting cables. Thanks.
Hi Michael, the rear camera is the same, however you can't purchase the front camera only and plug a rear camera into it, they must be purchased as a kit. Thank you, BlackVue Australia.

DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)
Height36mm36mm
Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Width118.5mm118.5mm