Scuba steve

Scuba steveSouth Australia

I liked is so much I bought another

My wife and I both have S550 mustangs, a friend of mine has the S900 2 channel and recommend I consider them, I looked into it. I was interested in the quality, ability, how user friendly it was and ease to fit, it ticked every box, ease to fit could not have been easier, honestly and it looks like a factory fit, even cane with a clip tool. I bought them on eBay with the park mode box so we have peace of mind when we park up and leave the vehicle, video quality is excellent, sound on or off and the app support is simple to use.

I highly recommend this product, shop around and self install and its awesome value for money, YouTube to see how to DIY

Purchased in March 2019 for $750.00.

Car ModelFord Mustang FM

Fantastic add on to my new Mazda 6

The internet connection to my mobile through the device is easy to set up.
Quality of the footage downloaded is tops.
All in all, worth the cost to provide the peace of mind.
An early connection problem to my vehicles power supply causing frequent camera shut downs was easily diagnosed and corrected.
Great back up service.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,350.00.

Car ModelMazda 6 GL (Sedan) Atenza

Dan

DanSydney, NSW

Best Quality dashcam on the market

The highest 4K HD resolution front cam with full 1080 HD rear cam with brilliant audio, easy to use wifi and installation. Has saved me heaps of times with checking GPS speed and minor incidents

Purchased in April 2019 at Dash Cams Australia.

Car ModelKia Optima JF GT

Taggart

TaggartSydney, NSW

This product is fantastic! I recommend this product 110%!

Purchased in October 2019 at Strathfield Car Radios Physical store for $789.00.

Car ModelFord Territory SZ TX

warranty.

I gave this a 5 star because of the warranty and amount of support you get after.
I had 2 faulty 900s, but BV happily sent me new ones, then the cable died, and they also sent me a new one.

Mr not so easy

Mr not so easySydney

cameras ok when it works

Purchased this camera in 2018 was a bit wary after i looked at some people reporting the unit shutdown after it got hot but this seems to have been fixed i've not had this happen to me but then again i don't park in the direct sun for hours if i can help it. I use this camera with a cell link battery and seems to be ok. The camera works fine for me most of the time however the support seems pretty poor for an expensive camera. I have an iphone and its on IOS 13. At the moment i can't control the camera with my phone as the firmware of the camera wont connect to my phone. some new security measure with IOS however blackvue are still yet to issue an update to fix this. Its disappointing for their flagship product.

ShanePerth, WA

Great set of cameras.

Great picture quality and incredible customer service.
Would like to see a YouTube of ALL its setup and functions.
As well, their installers (3 so far) are very professional.
More memory capability please.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hyundai Dealers.

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe
Shane

Thanks for that. Will get to on line tutorials, hopefully soon.

vlad32Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great camera.

After an eBay generic that failed less than 12 month, I got a mini 0806, which although was a lot better than the eBay generic ones, the GPS took time to lock and after 3 years has died. I stumbled upon autobahn sale and snatched a bargain. GPS locks in about 30 seconds and parking mode with the power magic pro is handy. Only down side I can think of is its size which is more than twice that of the mini 0806 and only has one card slot.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn Online Store for $505.00.

Car ModelMitsubishi Pajero NX GLS
BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Vlad32, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for choosing BlackVue. If you ever need any help or assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

DCL

DCLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect does everything

Easy to set up in both Wifi and Cloud, parking mode an excellent feature, picture quality on both cameras is great, remote tracking is a great feature, those at home can see where you are and the driving conditions takes the worry out of long trips alone.

Purchased in April 2019.

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe DM Highlander
BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DCL, thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to see how happy you are with your purchase. If you ever need any help please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Thanks again,

Happy Customer

Hi, I had been thinking about installing a dash camera for sometime now. I had it installed by the company that I purchased the camera through. From what I have watched of some of the recorded footage has been very good.
So far I have not had any issues with the connectivity of the camera.
I was impressed with the the welcoming phone call from Blackvue

Purchased in March 2019.

Car ModelHyundai Tucson TL Highlander AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic

Harvey

HarveyMelbourne

Feels more secure

I'm am reaching my senior years so I wanted a product that would be easy to install and operate. The BlackVue ticked both those boxes and now it just operates in the background with just a small amount of maintenance each month.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn for $600.00.

Car ModelNissan Patrol Y62 Ti
BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Great product! And great service!

Super clear images with 4K camera, great for actually getting plate numbers.
Just make sure you have the recommended micro sd card and possibly a spare in case of any issues

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn.

Car ModelFord Mustang
BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Blake, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very happy to hear how pleased you are with the camera and our service, please get in touch if you ever need anything.
Cheers,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Donna D

Donna DSydney, NSW

Peace of Mind

The peace of mind that comes with knowing I have this dashcam installed in my car can't be beaten.
The recording quality is great and the unit is very easy to set up and use.

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn for $600.00.

Car ModelHyundai i30 PD
BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Donna, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very glad to hear how happy you are with your recent purchase, thanks for your support.
Cheers,
BlackVue Australia.

Brilliant

Don’t waste your money buying cheaper brands as I did, the DR900S-1CH is simply the best. Day time video clarity is I believe second to none and the night time clarity would with out a doubt be the best I’ve seen. I self installed using the PMP by just following the install instructions & video, easy as.Everything else from mounting the dash cam to viewing the recorded video is a breeze, only taking a few trips to adjust the settings to my liking. I brought the 1ch model because of the dark tinting on the rear window on my 4X4, so the only criticism that I have is that a rear camera can’t be added later on if I require one, (maybe this could be looked at by BlackVue for future models). Overall this is a brilliant dash cam.
Wayne Ellis

SunnyMelbourne

Can't trust the original memory card Blackvue 900 S 2 channel

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Sunny, just touching base to see if you have contacted our office for further help? I just want to make sure that our team is helping you out and that yo are receiving the help you require.
Thanks,

Sunny

Good on picture quality but work badly (overheating) during summer time

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Good picture but terrible cloud connectivity

Recently purchased 4k BlackVue DR900S dash cam. The picture quality is excellent. However, I have had no end of trouble trying to connect remotely and use the cloud (which is what I wanted - rather than physically removing replacing a memory card). While the camera itself is ok - they have not got remote access or cloud capability right. I do not reccomend this product if remote access or upload to cloud is important.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DC Syd, just wondering if you have had a chance to reach out to our support team so they could assist you in getting your camera to connect to the Cloud correctly?
James.

ValleyForge

ValleyForge

Well - You Really Need To RTFM. Yes. Really carefully.

The two cameras took 2 hrs to install with the independent parking power supply. The WiFi setup is far from intuitive, and then setting up the Cloud connection is even more opaque.

But, now both cameras are working, I am amazed. They leave my dead Garmin camera for dead. The box has all you need; none of those 100cm long power cables which are useless. It even has spare adhesive pads & cable clips!

Blackvue Dashcam - Superior Product

Checked out multiple dashcams and in the end settled for the Blackvue 900s.

If you want superior video quality (day & night) with excellent features and user friendly this should be the camera of choice.

Was that impressed with the dashcam, I have booked in my second car to get the same camera.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DC7, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad to hear how happy you are and that you've purchased a second unit.
Thanks again,

Elliot

Elliotasked

Hi guys Im ver much considering buying the Blackvue DR900S
And I wanted to know how easy it is to show the footage on my laptop, and save the file.
Also I have a fully black car inside and out and it gets super hot here in Adelaide 45degree summers for days on end.
Will this be a worry if Im buying this dash cam ?

Hi Elliot,
Thanks for your question.
There are 3 ways to extract the footage from the DR900S camera;
1. SD Card
Simply remove the card from the camera and connect to the PC > Open BlackVue PC Player and select the required file.
2. WiFi
Connect your smart phone to the camera network > Open the BlackVue App > Select WiFi connection > Download the required file to your smart phone.
3. BlackVue Cloud (Requires an internet connection)
PC Cloud Player or BlackVue Cloud in the App > Select your camera from the available cameras > Select the required file > Upload the file to your BlackVue Cloud account > Download to your smart phone or PC

The DR900S is rated to 85*C with the latest firm ware. If the camera reaches this temperature it will shut down to protect the internal components. For most users this doesn't present an issue but in extreme cases the camera can reach this temperature. Many factors are involved including camera settings and external environment so it isn't possible to provide a clear cut answer, however for most users this isn't an issue. The BlackVue cameras are often used on mining vehicles in extreme conditions without issue.

Hope this above information is usfull

Feel free to get in touch if any questions.

Jens-Otto N.

Jens-Otto N.asked

Can I have another mounting for this cam, - need to use it in different cars ??

Michael Pritchard
Michael Pritchard

Hi
Sorry I don't know. If you have the front and rear camera set up it I assume it might be difficult to do. I suggest you have a talk to an installer. Mine is for one vehicle use

vlad32

They are available on eBay ex USA.

Hi Jens-Otto N,
Thanks for your question.
Additional mounting brackets and cables are available from all of our authorised dealers. Please see the the BlackVue Australia website to find your local dealer or online store.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any additional questions.
Best Regards,

Graham

Grahamasked

can DR900S-1CH be used as a security camera on a home via 12V battery We don't have much wifi for the usual home camera

vlad32

If kept out of the weather and sun. Cam just store to 128GB micro SD card. Otherwise have to sign up for their cloud storage.

Hi Graham,
Thanks for the question.
The camera will run with 12V power, however is not designed to be used outdoors.
You may wish to upgrade the SD card to maximize the storage capacity. The DR900S is compatible up to 256GB micro SD Cards (note, not all cards SD cards are compatible with dash cams). This will provide between 14 - 34 hours of recording depending on resolution settings.
As the camera will be stationary it will operate in parking mode, you may wish to try the time lapse parking mode to further increase your recording storage time.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.
08 6267 5167

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives