Blackvue DR900S

Great product! And great service!

Super clear images with 4K camera, great for actually getting plate numbers.
Just make sure you have the recommended micro sd card and possibly a spare in case of any issues

Purchased at Autobarn.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelFord Mustang
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Audio Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life
Hi Blake, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very happy to hear how pleased you are with the camera and our service, please get in touch if you ever need anything. Cheers, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Peace of Mind

The peace of mind that comes with knowing I have this dashcam installed in my car can't be beaten.
The recording quality is great and the unit is very easy to set up and use.

Purchased at Autobarn for $600.00.

Car ModelHyundai i30 2017-Present
Features / Functions
Video Quality
Audio Quality
Night-Time Video Quality
Battery Life
Hi Donna, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very glad to hear how happy you are with your recent purchase, thanks for your support. Cheers, BlackVue Australia.

Brilliant

Don’t waste your money buying cheaper brands as I did, the DR900S-1CH is simply the best. Day time video clarity is I believe second to none and the night time clarity would with out a doubt be the best I’ve seen. I self installed using the PMP by just following the install instructions & video, easy as.Everything else from mounting the dash cam to viewing the recorded video is a breeze, only taking a few trips to adjust the settings to my liking. I brought the 1ch model because of the dark tinting on the rear window on my 4X4, so the only criticism that I have is that a rear camera can’t be added later on if I require one, (maybe this could be looked at by BlackVue for future models). Overall this is a brilliant dash cam.
Wayne Ellis

Hi Wayne, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying your new 4K dash cam and you found the install very simple. As for adding the rear camera at a later stage, we will forward your feedback to the manufacturer as we also think this is a good idea. Feel free to get in touch if any questions. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Can't trust the original memory card Blackvue 900 S 2 channel

I purchased Blackvue 900S- 2CH on 3rd Nov, 2018 with 128Gb memory card upgrade.
I was recently involved in a minor traffic accident, where I could not prove, that I was not at fault because the Blackvue was not recording anything since 12 Dec 2018 ( since that time memory card was faulty) and I believed all this time that its performing well, till this happened.

The box came with spare 16gb memory card which I am using now and its working fine.
A warning to all Blackvue users, keep checking the recorded videos every now and then to make sure your Blackvue memory card is working fine.

Will be sending the faulty card to Blackvue in Perth now, as I have already spoken to them but not happy when you spend a fortune on a camera and it lets you down when you need it as an evidence.

Hi Sunny, we are very sorry to hear of your recent experience with your BlackVue dash camera, this is certainly not normal and we will be investigating the cause once we receive your faulty microSD card. I hope that our company can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible and restore your faith in our product once more, in the meantime, please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Sunny, just touching base to see if you have contacted our office for further help? I just want to make sure that our team is helping you out and that yo are receiving the help you require. Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi, I was going to post the memory card but just found out that the Blackvue 900S is a complete waste of money. It didn't record anything today while I parked my car (Melbourne weather 27 degree outside) for 5 hours and I needed to view a footage which I can't now. Plugged the memory card it into the laptop to find out that the last recording was on 21st jan. Not sure if the camera is faulty as well as it started recording again when I restarted the camera. Honestly never had this issue with DR 650GW which I have owned since 2015 and you guys replaced it once because it was faulty. I will call you on after Australia Day to work this out as this is becoming a pain in the AR$E

Good on picture quality but work badly (overheating) during summer time

Not working properly in summer time. Blackvue give below solution but not really workable.

Blackvue dashcam can operate within -20℃ to 60℃ (-4°F to 140°F ).
However you might be right, if the outside temperature is 33, the temperature inside the vehicle might rise to 60 or close to it.
The reason is DR900S-2CH processor operates twice or more than other dashcam because of its 4K UHD resolution.
That's why sometimes it is hot but that was perfectly fine.

I suggest to please make sure that your dashcam, is not directly parked in the sunlight (if there is no other shade you might change the position of your parking. eg, vertical front-->vertical backward)
just not to get a direct exposure to sunlight (since the dashcam is metallic).

If you have further question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hello DPP, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I have checked our support tickets and can't see any correspondence. I'll assume you contacted the manufacturer directly in Korea? May I suggest contacting our support team here in Australia? We can be emailed at support@blackvue.com.au As for the issue you mentioned, we are working a new firmware that will hopefully eliminate this issue, the release is scheduled within the next 2 weeks. Once you have tested it, hopefully you can let us know your feedback and give us the opportunity to turn your 2 star review into a 5 star :) Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Good picture but terrible cloud connectivity

Recently purchased 4k BlackVue DR900S dash cam. The picture quality is excellent. However, I have had no end of trouble trying to connect remotely and use the cloud (which is what I wanted - rather than physically removing replacing a memory card). While the camera itself is ok - they have not got remote access or cloud capability right. I do not reccomend this product if remote access or upload to cloud is important.

Hi DC Syd, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with camera and certainly hope we can resolve the issue. The DR900S definitely does have Cloud capabilities and we'd be more than happy to help you getting this setup if you would like. We hope you give us the opportunity to resolve this matter and hope that you will give consideration to your 2 star review. Feel free to email us at support@blackvue.com.au or call us on 08 6267 5167. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi DC Syd, just wondering if you have had a chance to reach out to our support team so they could assist you in getting your camera to connect to the Cloud correctly? Thank you, James. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi DC Syd, I can see our support team has tried to make contact with you unsuccessfully, please consider giving us the chance to offer you assistance regarding your Cloud connection, if we are unable to resolve the problem we would like to reimburse you for your time with a fuel gift card. Thank you, BlackVue Australia.

Well - You Really Need To RTFM. Yes. Really carefully.

The two cameras took 2 hrs to install with the independent parking power supply. The WiFi setup is far from intuitive, and then setting up the Cloud connection is even more opaque.

But, now both cameras are working, I am amazed. They leave my dead Garmin camera for dead. The box has all you need; none of those 100cm long power cables which are useless. It even has spare adhesive pads & cable clips!

Hi ValleyForge, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that you got everything working in the end :) We are hoping to work more closely with phone manufacturers to help streamline the WiFi procedure, but this is a work in progress. Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any other questions or feedback. Regards, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Blackvue Dashcam - Superior Product

Checked out multiple dashcams and in the end settled for the Blackvue 900s.

If you want superior video quality (day & night) with excellent features and user friendly this should be the camera of choice.

Was that impressed with the dashcam, I have booked in my second car to get the same camera.

Hi DC7, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad to hear how happy you are and that you've purchased a second unit. Thanks again, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

I don't understand the app, the rear camera is not showing any recording but the light indicates it is on. The quality is amazing though. My husband got it for me to feel better after hearing my cousin got in a wreak with a semi & he took off with out anyone getting details... I don't want to be in that situation. Also it only seems to record in 1:00 intervals & 98% of them are when I'm in park... What am I doing wrong & how can I fix it?
Hi Samantha, can I suggest you check out our online help center, this has lots of videos and helpful tips. You can find it here: https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/en-us Alternatively, you can call our team for further assistance on 08 6267 5167. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Hi Blackvue Australia, I’ve got the DR750S-2CH hardwired in my car. Looking at specs on your website it seems the DR900S shares the exact same Rear unit as the DR750S am I correct? Looking at upgrading the Front unit to DR900S. Should be simple plug and play? I can just unplug the DC-in and Rear connecting cables. Thanks.
Hi Michael, the rear camera is the same, however you can't purchase the front camera only and plug a rear camera into it, they must be purchased as a kit. Thank you, BlackVue Australia.

I bought my DR900S-2CH a week ago and had it installed by the store. The camera worked well for the first 2 days, I went to check a recording of an incident but there was no recording. It appears the camera is only recording events now with lots of normal time missing. . What is the problem please? The camera has the latest firmware update with the supplied 16gb card. Not happy and returning it tomorrow. Very clunky and hit and miss with wifi / cloud connectivity. Looked like a great design but just not a reliable camera at this stage.
Hello Pjd, we're sorry to hear of your experience, this is certainly not normal. Is it possible that you have changed some settings that have interfered with the cameras normal recording functions? In any case, I would suggest asking your retailer to help you with these settings, alternatively you could call our support line on 08 6267 5167 and one of our team members will be able to help you. Thanks, Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hello, thanks for your prompt reply. I have not changed any of the settings from the original setup when the camera was installed. I took the car and camera back to the retailer as suggested, we looked at the original settings and have decreased the sensitivity to '3' in the normal driving mode. It was thought that the great roads here in SA are contributing to the large amount of event recordings by registering when potholes, manhole covers and the rest of the fine roadway is encountered. Today not as many event recordings were triggered so I have decreased the sensitivity down to '2' and hopefully this will have solved the problem, I will keep you updated. Thanks

DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)
Height36mm36mm
Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Width118.5mm118.5mm