4.4

• Readable Number PlatesYes (12) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Jayasooriah

JayasooriahSydney, NSW

Customer Service DR900S-1CH

Some 22 months after I purchased DR900S-1CH camera with 128GB the SD card failed. I contacted customer service I was told the accessory warranty is only for 12 months. I was further told: BlackVue 128GB SD card for $159 this comes with a 1 year warranty; Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB SD card for $79 this comes with a 5 year warranty.

I said that I would not have purchased the BlackVue SD card at the premium price had I known about the Samsung Pro Endurance and asked for the decision to be reviewed. They promptly agreed send me a replacement Samsung card. I call that good customer service.

JamesVictoria

The software could be better

From a pure objective point of being a dash cam, this does exactly what I want. However, the software leaves a bit to be desired. There’s no easy way to transfer data to your phone short of a SD card adapter. Copy times over wifi are atrocious so you have to leave the car on and your phone nearby plugged in waiting for the download to complete. There’s no option for transfers over the Internet.

Purchased in July 2019 for $800.00.

James

Yeah, not looking to save in the cloud. Just locally.

Graham

GrahamPacific Paradise

Customer service DR900S 2CH

My DR900S 2CH stop working after 2years and 3months, I emailed Blackvue Australia and they agreed to fix the dashcam for free still......

This made me so confident with Blackvue, I brought the DR900X 2CH for my son....

Great service to existing customers.....

Purchased in August 2018 at Autobarn Physical Stores for $719.00.

Attempt2

Attempt2Perth, WA

14 Months and Stopped Working! But wow! who cares with that customer service

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn Physical Stores for $1,200.00.

VladimirMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent camera and quality videos

Have had eBay generic cheapies, to reasonable quality cameras. However they all suffered from battery expansion and reduced video quality within one year. The DR990s has been faultless For over a year. No batteries to worry about (super capacitors). I got it with the power magic pro so it can record in park mode. No issues with connecting to its wifi to download videos. I use quality cards like the Lexar professional series. The only problem I had and lots have had as well, was the 3M double sided tapes that came with it was not up to the autumn sun, let alone the summer sun. I went to Bunnings and got the Moroday brand one. It hasn't come off since.

Purchased in March 2019 at Autobarn Online Store for $562.00.

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Quality & After service

Picture quality (crystal clear number plates) is the best I have seen. Best product in the market. I had a small issue with the memory card and they were quick to replace the card for me. Great to see they have a solid support team behind them. The Power Magic Box also works well and the camera stays on most of the time in park mode

Purchased in January 2019.

Scuba steve

Scuba steveSouth Australia

I liked is so much I bought another

My wife and I both have S550 mustangs, a friend of mine has the S900 2 channel and recommend I consider them, I looked into it. I was interested in the quality, ability, how user friendly it was and ease to fit, it ticked every box, ease to fit could not have been easier, honestly and it looks like a factory fit, even cane with a clip tool. I bought them on eBay with the park mode box so we have peace of mind when we park up and leave the vehicle, video quality is excellent, sound on or off and the app support is simple to use.

I highly recommend this product, shop around and self install and its awesome value for money, YouTube to see how to DIY

Purchased in March 2019 for $750.00.

Fantastic add on to my new Mazda 6

The internet connection to my mobile through the device is easy to set up.
Quality of the footage downloaded is tops.
All in all, worth the cost to provide the peace of mind.
An early connection problem to my vehicles power supply causing frequent camera shut downs was easily diagnosed and corrected.
Great back up service.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,350.00.

Dan

DanSydney, NSW

Best Quality dashcam on the market

The highest 4K HD resolution front cam with full 1080 HD rear cam with brilliant audio, easy to use wifi and installation. Has saved me heaps of times with checking GPS speed and minor incidents

Purchased in April 2019 at Dash Cams Australia.

Taggart

TaggartSydney, NSW

This product is fantastic! I recommend this product 110%!

Purchased in October 2019 at Strathfield Car Radios Physical store for $789.00.

warranty.

I gave this a 5 star because of the warranty and amount of support you get after.
I had 2 faulty 900s, but BV happily sent me new ones, then the cable died, and they also sent me a new one.

Mr not so easy

Mr not so easySydney

cameras ok when it works

Purchased this camera in 2018 was a bit wary after i looked at some people reporting the unit shutdown after it got hot but this seems to have been fixed i've not had this happen to me but then again i don't park in the direct sun for hours if i can help it. I use this camera with a cell link battery and seems to be ok. The camera works fine for me most of the time however the support seems pretty poor for an expensive camera. I have an iphone and its on IOS 13. At the moment i can't control the camera with my phone as the firmware of the camera wont connect to my phone. some new security measure with IOS however blackvue are still yet to issue an update to fix this. Its disappointing for their flagship product.

ShanePerth, WA

Great set of cameras.

Great picture quality and incredible customer service.
Would like to see a YouTube of ALL its setup and functions.
As well, their installers (3 so far) are very professional.
More memory capability please.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hyundai Dealers.

Shane

Thanks for that. Will get to on line tutorials, hopefully soon.

vlad32

vlad32Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great camera.

After an eBay generic that failed less than 12 month, I got a mini 0806, which although was a lot better than the eBay generic ones, the GPS took time to lock and after 3 years has died. I stumbled upon autobahn sale and snatched a bargain. GPS locks in about 30 seconds and parking mode with the power magic pro is handy. Only down side I can think of is its size which is more than twice that of the mini 0806 and only has one card slot.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn Online Store for $505.00.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Vlad32, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for choosing BlackVue. If you ever need any help or assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

DCL

DCLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect does everything

Easy to set up in both Wifi and Cloud, parking mode an excellent feature, picture quality on both cameras is great, remote tracking is a great feature, those at home can see where you are and the driving conditions takes the worry out of long trips alone.

Purchased in April 2019.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DCL, thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to see how happy you are with your purchase. If you ever need any help please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Thanks again,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Michael Pritchard

Michael PritchardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy Customer

Hi, I had been thinking about installing a dash camera for sometime now. I had it installed by the company that I purchased the camera through. From what I have watched of some of the recorded footage has been very good.
So far I have not had any issues with the connectivity of the camera.
I was impressed with the the welcoming phone call from Blackvue

Purchased in March 2019.

Harvey

HarveyMelbourne

Feels more secure

I'm am reaching my senior years so I wanted a product that would be easy to install and operate. The BlackVue ticked both those boxes and now it just operates in the background with just a small amount of maintenance each month.

Purchased in April 2019 at Autobarn for $600.00.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Great product! And great service!

Super clear images with 4K camera, great for actually getting plate numbers.
Just make sure you have the recommended micro sd card and possibly a spare in case of any issues

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Blake, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very happy to hear how pleased you are with the camera and our service, please get in touch if you ever need anything.
Cheers,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Donna D

Donna DSydney, NSW

Peace of Mind

The peace of mind that comes with knowing I have this dashcam installed in my car can't be beaten.
The recording quality is great and the unit is very easy to set up and use.

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn for $600.00.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Donna, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very glad to hear how happy you are with your recent purchase, thanks for your support.
Cheers,
BlackVue Australia.

Brilliant

Don’t waste your money buying cheaper brands as I did, the DR900S-1CH is simply the best. Day time video clarity is I believe second to none and the night time clarity would with out a doubt be the best I’ve seen. I self installed using the PMP by just following the install instructions & video, easy as.Everything else from mounting the dash cam to viewing the recorded video is a breeze, only taking a few trips to adjust the settings to my liking. I brought the 1ch model because of the dark tinting on the rear window on my 4X4, so the only criticism that I have is that a rear camera can’t be added later on if I require one, (maybe this could be looked at by BlackVue for future models). Overall this is a brilliant dash cam.
Wayne Ellis

Craig Mcasked

Blackvue DR900S

Hi. I have a Dr900s 2ch. I was looking at the recorded files and noticed it only has every 2nd day on file and nothing for the days in-between. What causes that? I have looked at my settings and can not see why it is doing this. Calender selection highlights recordings as only available
every 2nd day and nothing to select on the other days.

Vladimir

What size and brand of card do you have? Do you have it set up for parking mode? It is highly recommended you get the Samsung endurance pro 128GB or the Lexar professional 128GB micro SD cards. Format the card in the camera in open space so it can lock onto GPS satellites as that is how it sets time and date. Please note that the 2 channel will chew up storage very quickly (4K plus FHD). Blackvue website has a chart that shows how many hours of recording for specific card sizes.

BTW, what types of recordings are the ones you see? In the app, there are labeled as E for event etc.

Hi Vladimir,
The card is a Blackvue 32gb. I think your suggestion to go a bigger card is the way to go. Thanks

Caz

Cazasked

Blackvue DR900S

I recently purchased the DR900S-2CH and having trouble with making my phone the hotspot. I can connect my home wi-fi so when parked in the driveway it is fine but when I try to make my phone the hotspot I can select the Blackvue wi-fi on the phone and my select hotspot on my phone but when i go into the app it doesn't let me select the phone. What am I doing wrong?

David

Davidasked

Blackvue DR900S

I have a Blackvue DR900S 2CH that was installed about 15 months now. Things had been OK and smooth until about 2 months ago, when I then could not view the files anymore. Since then, the symptoms are like this:
* It does record but seems like long delay for recording the very current time, ie when checking , see the clips taken until 2 or 3 minutes before current time.. looks like it take a while to update the recording,
which was a weird behaviour compared with how it worked before.
* When switching to Blackvue wifi to view the clips on my iPhone, only the very last clip can run and display, all the previous clips cannot, it displays the err msg: 'the camera is in use and/or cannot start this function'' .
I tried many times... updating the firmware - not working; then remove the Blackvue apps in my iPhone and then re-installed the Blackvue app - not working. Press and hold button on device to restart it - not working.. So, trying and trying this way and that way, but not working back yet.

What should I do now? Is there any Blackvue centres where I can bring my dash camera to, for some check/fix?
Thank you very much.
David

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

If you’ve watched content on a 4K TV, you’ll know the stunning clarity that this innovative resolution can offer. Since the purpose of a dash cam is to record the finer details of road incidents, you can imagine that a dash camera equipped with a 4K front camera can offer peace of mind that footage won’t turn out blurry or pixelated.

Adding more points onto the ‘peace of mind’ angle, you can also zoom in on important details such as license plate numbers, and the DR900S is designed with Event File Overwrite Protection. This means that up to 50 video files of incidents can be saved – preventing the loop-recording feature from overriding important footage.

Video compression technology grants the same amount of recording time to this 4K dash cam as you’d get with a standard HD dash cam. Thankfully, this means you won’t run out of storage space on your SD card extra quickly.

BlackVue claims that combined with its fast shutter speed and 162-degree wide angle view, the DR900S is able to capture a wider range of accurate footage (this angle is more far reaching than the 129 degrees offered by the DR650S and 139 degrees of the DR750S).

With Native Parking Mode, the DR900S goes one step further than the regular Parking Mode offered by the DR650s and the DR750S. You won’t need to buy a separate external battery pack (called a Power Magic Battery Pack) or separate hardwiring kit (Power Magic Pro) – as a hardwiring kit is already included. In practical terms, this means that the dash cam will automatically switch to Parking Mode whenever you turn your car off, earning the DR900S extra points for convenience.

Compare both Blackvue DR900S
BlackVue DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)
  • Award Winner 2020

BlackVue DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)

4.4
BlackVue DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)
  • Award Winner 2020

BlackVue DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)

CategoryDash CamsDash Cams
Price (RRP) $799.00$599.00
Viewing Angle 162°162°
Camera Resolution2160p (4K Ultra HD)2160p (4K Ultra HD)
Megapixels 8 MP8 MP
Channels 21
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD cardMicroSD card
Weight116 g88 g
Dimensions Front: 36 x 118.5, Rear: 25 x 67.4 mm36 x 118.5 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare both Blackvue DR900S