Blanco Slide-Out BRS Series

BRS602X (60cm), BRS902X (90cm), BRS60X, etc...
See the Best Range Hoods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Blanco

Quin K.
Quin K.

ILVE CU-79 Rangehood Filters

My ILVE -CU79 Filters are also flimsy and the two secure sprocket pins, have broken off rending them useless. I have had to remove them after initial using Duct Tape which just accumulated oil and grease wouldn't secure them to the main unit. The entire fan unit has grease and oil in the guts of the unit, which I clean as far up as possible as well as the into the fan (using cotton earbud's) I would agues that the same Manufacturing factory is used for every brand of Rangehood Filters. Corperate Bloody-mindless--ness that allows the cost of a filter replacement to be THE SAME $ as a New Unit! Disgusting.

Purchased in August 2010 for $800.00.

bleebs
bleebsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Filters broke within 6 months and won't stay in unit, switch cover keeps falling off - poor quality

Both filters are extremely flimsy and bent, broke, and distorted so they no longer stay in the unit. Finally looked at replacing them and they're $140 each! Not worth $20 in real terms, and $280 is the current price of the whole unit. Won't consider Blanco again.

Purchased in August 2018 at e&s for $300.00.

light and power switch

unit is circa 5 years old, the light switch packed it in about 12 months ago, the fan switch two days ago, loud band when it was turned on then tripped the safety switch, parts are very expensive, a new hood is around the $350 mark, would like to change to a different model, brand etc but this would require some changes to the kitchen, all in better to avoid blanco range hoods unless they increase the warranty to five years

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Snifer
SniferVIC, 3059

Don’t get trap in to Blanco good looks. Cost you fortune for parts

I am very disappointing with how Blanco ripping off customers with sparepart prices. I recently purchased 4x filters for my Blanco rangehood (BRS902) and costed me AUD $243, where new range hood including filters costing me AUD 367. This is outraging and need an explanation. This ripoff will be reported to Australian consumer affairs and also to ACCC as Blanco trapping customers.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Dee9
Dee9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Filter very hard to replace

The mesh in the 2 filters started to come loose a few years after purchase. The filter is overall quite flimsy for a renowned brand and is quite expensive ($180+) to replace in my opinion. If it was easier (can't find generic replacement) and cheaper to replace the filter then I would've rated this unit higher. It does the job and is nice and compact.

Date PurchasedJuly 2009

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Debz
DebzPort Adelaide

Works well

Takes out virtually all the fumes when I cook, not too noisy either so I leave it on the high setting. Aluminium filters do require to be cleaned every 2 - 3 weeks but can be put into the dishwasher which is convenient. Slide out mechanism is easy to slide in and out and doesn't feel like its scraping. Happy with my purchase!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

A.T.
A.T.

Electrical design fault - avoid

The switch circuit board burnt out after 3 years. We got a new part under warranty but I had to arrange an electrician myself to solder it in. One year later the same thing happened. I agree with the other reviewer. The circuit board just can't cope.

Also, the incandescent lights bulbs blow frequently. Our previous range hood had fluorescent lights that lasted years.

Update: Another four years have passed and the circuit board has blown again, so we are now up to our 4th one. Fortunately the part was still available. Unfortunately it hasn't been modified / improved at all.

Also, I've long since changed to lights to LED. They are brighter and last much longer.

Not Good

The unit lasted for 3 years and 6 months only. We used to clean the filters on a regular basis. Last week the whole unit stopped working as the main switch to the unit failed. The switch needs to come from over the east and plus the cost of the electricians made us to buy a brand new unit (different brand). There is no parts available in WA. Not good.

Judy K
Judy KGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blanco Slide-Out

Bought two 60cm BRST60X Slideout rangehoods. One stopped working recently and went on the review and thought the same had occurred with one of ours. When we pulled the rangehood out and further investigated we found the capacitor had failed rather than anything else. Replaced the capacitor for $19 and is working like a treat now. Capacitor can be bought from a normal electrical place - I went to Ferntree Gully electrical appliances repairs. However, take pictures as you pull apart so that you can get all back together. We didn't but luckily we have two side by side so were able to remove the other one and copy. So could be just a simple part.

MagpieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for all

It'll be 2 years in Oct 15 since we bought this product. It is functioning well for 95 % of use. It is a little noisy ( 64 Db) and doesn't quite cut it with any grilling of steaks as there is smoke overflow. Resolution is to use the back burners but this is not always possible. Got a good review in Choice Magazine. Extraction rate according to Specs is 525m3/hr

October 2019. 6 years in and still going strong. Can't ask for more .

Purchased in October 2013.

Magpie

3 and a half years later and this product still going well. Certainly durable.

Not happy. Bad design and poor quality

After around 4 years stopped working due to circuit board burned out. All power goes thru the tiny copper conductors that are nowhere near up to the job. I don't think it should pass Australian/industry standards. Also the filters don't do a very effective job. I've been equally disappointed with our Blanco cooktop and oven. Never would I buy Blanco again.

Mick
MickMelbourne

blanko range hood - NOT HAPPY AT ALL

Similar to other reviews our 900 mm Blanko range hood last nearly 4 years and unless we change our cupboard we have to use the same Blanko unit.
Our last unit (Bosch) lasted 21 years and only got rid of it to update kitchen.
To save changing cupboards will try the twin motor unit hopefully it will not have to work as hard.
One thing I noticed was the filters are very thin and allow to much fat partials through it which I believe helped burn the motor out.
Price and look
Only lasted 3 years & 4 months

Rob Lane
Rob LaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

brs602x basically died after 4 years

The unit worked quite well until 4 years had passed. Then the circuit board blew and would cost over $200 to replace.(not including very high blanco technician labour). We also have a blanco oven that's playing up. I wouldn't recommend it.
Another thing to watch out for is that all rangehoods vary in heights. So now, unless I want to replace the cupboard , I am forced to replace it with the same thing.
It worked for 4 years.
the globes needed to be replaced quite often. the height of all rangehoods is not standard.

blackfox
blackfox

i have to agree with you there, i have similar problems, 4 years on and rangehood blown, oven making a funny noise. We dont use the dishwasher much, but i dont think that will last long as well.