Blessed Earth Fitted / Flat Sheets

Blessed Earth Fitted / Flat Sheets

Fitted and Flat Sheets

Beautiful sheets - BUT....

I recently bought a set of KS 700TC sheets in the Emerald, after searching far and wide for thick, crunchy cotton sheets, and getting heartily sick of the awful thin and flimsy cotton sheets that seem to be the norm today. They are lovely and thick. My only complaint is that the colour is nothing like that shown online, and is actually a dark bright green, with not a hint of blue as the photos on their website indicate. So if you like just a plain, dark green, go for it! They are beautiful sheets to sleep in, although a little over generous if there could be such a thing. The KS appear to be almost SK. Our bed is a deep mattress pillow top KS, and the fitted sheet is quite loose, with the flat sheet going almost to the floor all round!

Purchased in February 2019 at Blessed Earth for $178.00.

Have been buying sheets for years

I can't remember how I found Blessed Earth but I have been buying there sheets and quilt sets for many years now. I have three quilt sets and two sheet sets. All have been washed and tumble dried many times and have stood the test of time. They are so luxurious feeling and you can definitely grab a bargain on their website (I don't even think they are that expensive to begin with.) They ship fast. I love that they are all natural and organic. The only minus I would have is that the shell buttons on my quilt sets always break and snap leaving the bottom of the quilt open. I recently bought an organic towel set as well and I am so happy with them.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Best sheets I've ever purchased. Long lasting, high quality.

I've been endlessly impressed with the quality of these sheets. It's a beautiful thick high quality crisp cotton and they are impeccably durable. I've had mine for several years now with no loss in quality despite regular washing and tumble drying when the weather isn't good for hanging. I go back to them for sheets anytime I need new ones.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Just beautiful!

I have the 'Magnificent' set in natural, with more on layby. The sheets are substantial, smooth, and generously sized. The pillowcases have a flange with satin-stitch trim (satin-stich on the flat sheet border too), making them look very special indeed. The sheets are luxurious to sleep in, and I can without hesitation recommend them if you like heavier-weight sheets. I am so glad I came across the Blessed Earth range. I honestly cannot foresee purchasing any other brand.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Impeccable quality and service.

I have been using Blessed Earth sheets for about 3 years now.. after all this time they still feel like new! No pilling at all and they still have that "hotel quality" feel.
There's no way I'd ever buy any other brand of sheets now.
A couple of days ago I decided to treat myself to another set of sheets. I ordered them online late Sunday night and they arrived on my doorstep first thing Tuesday morning.
Amazing!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Perfect sheets perfect service

Amazing everyone! I filled in the wrong details for delivery. After a phone call you tracked it down and arrived within 2 days. Now that's service! We're also so pleased with the quality of product we even bought sheets for family in England (half a small suitcase). Looking forward to the opening of the shop for more ethical high quality delights.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Excellent 700TC sheets. Towels not.

Thanks to ProductReview members, I discovered Blessed Earth while researching for replacement sheets. I have previously always bought Sheridan, but decided to look around as I was not happy with the last lot I bought. After checking out Blessed Earth"s website, I decided to buy a set of their Magnificent Queen sized sheets and bath towels, figuring that if they didn't live up to their promise I'd treat the cost as a contribution to a worthy cause. The sheets and towels smelt a bit funny when they arrived, but washed up well. The sheets were indeed magnificent - the fitted sheets, flat sheets and pillow cases were generous in size, and stood up to tumble-drying. They fitted beautifully and were soft yet substanriall, and heavenly to sleep on.

The towels, however, were a disappointment. They were beautifully soft, but the weave (loops?) was very loose and kept pulling (running?), so that within a few days of use, they looked rather miserable.

I'll be buying more sheets, but will give the towels a miss.

Love these Percale bed sheets

I prefer crispy thick on the stiff side percale sheets and thanks to the reviews on this site i decided to try Blessed Earth. Have ordered a few pairs now and could not be happier and there's been no noticeable shrinkage.
Thanks to one review in particular i made sure I was ordering sheet sets and not single sheets. Thank you Lawrie!

I've been taking full advantage of Blessed Earth's 75% off clearance sale on their 250 thread count percale sheets. Until now i always thought sheets needed to have a 500 thread count or higher to have quality. Blessed Earth has shown that idea to be incorrect. These sheets are quality!

Tip: There is a further 10% off the price if you subscribe to their newsletter as it has a codeword for the month, and there is an additional amount deducted as a reward for the previous purchase.

Luxurious but.....

After buying organic cotton sheets from another local supplier I thought I would give Blessed Earth a try as I loved the look of their Moroccan Blue sateen sheets. The colour didn't seem like a typical 'organic' colour but after reading up on it on their website they state that vegetal dyes weren't colourfast but that the dyes they use are organic.... I liked reading about the good working conditions that their overseas factory staff enjoy, but couldn't find any mention of the sheets having no 'smell'. Anyway ordered the sheets and they were just as beautiful as I imagined, with a very luxurious satiny feel to them and exactly the same vibrant colour as online. However unlike other organic linen I have ordered which have no fragrance whatsoever and could be put straight on your bed, these sheets do have a slight smell to them which makes me feel a little uneasy. But...I washed them, put them on my bed and love them.

Have since bought a set of the elephant print sheets and they are lovely - they needed 2 washes to get rid of the smell, but over caring about that now as I love these products so much & can't wait to buy more.At the risk of sounding obsessive, I feel I should add that I ordered another set of the elephant print sheets and they smelt just fine this time. Just gave them one wash and put them straight on the bed. Any smell from these products has not been at all 'chemical', more like that of new calico, which is not really a big deal.

Good sheets, don't get trapped into paying too much

What follows is my experience as a first-time user of Blessed Earth
For me it has pointed out the pitfalls for the unwary
I had previously sought information about the weight in Grams per Square Metre and was informed that the percale sheets were 140 GSM which I was happy with – this is a far more realistic indicator of the weight of the sheet material than the number of stitches per square inch because the fibre being woven can be very very thin/light.
For a number of reasons, although I was unsure, I felt that I was ordering two sheets each time as the site said that the price was 70% off and I couldn’t see that a single fitted or flat sheet could be sold for the indicated $165 (pre- discount) and the photo accompanying the item was not of a sheet but a fully made-up bed.
To my now regret I went ahead and placed an order as the below emails will indicate and in doing so I paid $352.00 for 4 sheets and 4 pillow cases.
Apparently had I ordered two sets of each size, which again would have totalled 4 sheets and 4 pillowcases, I would have paid $203.00 plus $10.00 post.
From the emails you see below the company line comes across to me as being along the lines of “well, if you had ordered differently you wouldn’t have paid so much and it isn’t reasonable of you to request some adjustment”
I also note that my order was less than $500 which qualifies for ‘free’ shipping and at $352 I would normally have been billed $10.00 for shipping – perhaps management considered the extra $139.00 I paid was more than enough thank you.
Yes I am extremely disappointed.
It will be up to you to consider whether my feelings are justified
See below for the email correspondence to date

Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2014 9:18 AM
Cc: [Name Removed]

Hello Lawrie
Your order left on Dec 9th and you can track it with Australia Post

Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2014 4:12 PM

Hello [Name Removed]
Australia Post responded to the tracking request:
No events currently found
Would you please advise what service you are using for this delivery please?
Would you please also email me a copy of the invoice
Many thanks

Grand Total: $352.00
Tax Included in Total: $32.00

Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2014 4:52 PM
Importance: High

To be honest I thought when ordering as I did I did not know whether I was ordering only a fitted sheet for the bed or a fitted sheet plus a flat sheet to complete the bed
Similarly so with the flat sheets I did expect two sheets for each one ordered to complete the sheets for the bed
I am presuming from this invoice that all I am receiving is four sheets in total?
If this is so the price per sheet is very very high
I hope this is not so, given that these prices are said to be 70% less than normal.
Would you please confirm for my peace of mind how many sheets are on the way?

Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2014 6:32 PM
Cc: [Name Removed]
Subject: RE: Blessed Earth Kid's Week

You have 4 sheets and 4 pillow cases. This is equivalent to 2 sheet sets.
I thought you must have a queen bed and like your top sheet extra large to buy this combination.
A queen set would have been $98 for a fitted sheet + a flat sheet + 2 pillowcases and a king set would have been $105

Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2014 6:02 PM
Importance: High

Are you saying that if I had ordered one queen set and one king set I would have had four sheets and four pillow cases for a total of $203 and I have paid $352 for four sheets and four pillow cases all in the same weight material?
Well – that is very disappointing and I feel like a mug
It would have been nice if you or someone had dropped me an email and told me of the options
Bad taste in my mouth right now
Never again if this is the way it is to be

Sent: Friday, 12 December 2014 3:43 PM

That is correct Lawrie.
If you had ordered separate sheets as fitted and flat in the same size we would have called you.

Sent: Friday, 12 December 2014 5:46 PM
Importance: High

As we have paid approximately $150.00 more than would appear reasonable for what we have now received (they arrived half an hour ago) are you willing to do anything about it?
Perhaps a refund or additional product to make up the difference?

Hello Lawrie
We feel this is an unreasonable request. You as the purchaser could have ordered sheet sets as easily as you ordered separates.
Web: www.blessedearth.com.au

Fantastic product, couldn't be happier!

I came across this site when searching for organic sheets for my daughter. Blessed Earth had a sale on and with 60-80% off at the time I purchased I couldn't help but buy some queen sized ones for my hubby and I too. These sheets are just so soft and luscious there's to regrets from me! I bought the magnificent 700 thread count sheet set for my husband and I and a set of 400 thread count single sheets for my daughter. I actually meant to buy 700 thread count for her too but accidentally picked the wrong ones. The 400 thread count are still soft and gentle just not as thick. Since then I have bought 2 more sets for my daughter, as I want her sleeping in lusciously soft all organic bedding. I'll have to slowly stock up on queen sized ones for us when we can afford it as I don't want to sleep in anything else now either!!
Blessed Earth also give you 10% store credit of your purchase for future purchasing, it's great, keeps me wanting more!! Customer service is also fantastic.
I'm one happy customer.
Soft, thick, inexpensive for organic

Love these products!

I stumbled on Blessed Earth sheets by accident. I was looking for paisley sheets, and had no idea about organic cotton. The Blessed Earth organic sheets arrived and we now refuse to sleep on anything else! They feel so much better than ordinary sheets. We are now addicted and love the t shirts, underwear, skirts and kids clothes.
The feel so soft and comfortable
They are expensive but you can grab a bargain if you watch the website

Perfection!!!!

I have sheet sets, towels, dishcloths, wool doonas, pillows and kids clothes & underwear from blessed earth and I cannot praise it all enough!

Firstly the cost of certified organic cotton is soo expensive and its something we couldn't afford if it wasnt for blessed earths prices! They have regular sales and REAL sales up to 70-80 % off so we (who want only the best quality and no chemicals) can afford it.

Secondly the quality is out of this world! No piling, soft soft sheets, generous sizing and beautiful range.
The customer service is outstanding & the regular emails keep me in the loop of sales and bargains to be had.
Also all the kids clothes & underwear I buy are worn with never a complaint from the kids, so comfy for them, and easy wash and dry!

Just superb quality and certified organic is the way to go! Blessed earth is absolutely brilliant!
Inexpensive, certified organic, beautiful quality!
NOTHING

Best bed linen ever

I first started purchasing the Blessed Earth brand when I had a baby as I wanted to use organic cotton in his bed. I was impressed with the quality so much that I purchased king size sheets for our bed. These sheets would have to be the best sheets I have ever purchased.

The bottom fitted sheet has great elastic that is not stitched to the sheet, its inside its only casing so if it ever needs replacing it will be easy to pull it out and replace it. The size of the bottom sheet is very generous, our mattress is a king size latex mattress that is very high as it has a huge pillow top as well, most other sheets do not fit, these sheets do and are easy to put on as they don't require much stretching to go over each corner and there is enough sheet to tuck under the mattress all the way around. The same with the top sheet, heaps to tuck in at the bottom - 40cm with plenty at the top to fold over and also very generous all the way around. The pillow cases are also quite generous too.

The quality is beautiful, 100% certified organic cotton, 400 thread count, silky soft too. They wash really well and don't crease badly either.

These sheets are not expensive, I purchased mine when they were on sale and the shop often has sales where you can grab them at a bargain.

I have a couple of king size sets and have purchased them as gifts for family and friends. I also have them for our kids beds too and the same can be said for the generosity in size, this is particularly important with toddlers to tuck them in so they don't fall out of bed.

We have quite few other products too - mattress for our toddler, blankets, mattress protectors, organic wool pillows, clothing and other things and can't fault the quality.

Blessed Earth has a store but I purchase online, their service is quick, friendly and informative.
Absolutely everything

I totally agree. I've purchased a few items from Blessed Earth and have found the quality of all products I've bought to be excellent and great value for money (especially when I buy during their regular sales). Customer service is great too. I'm planning on replacing all our bedding, towels etc with Blessed Earth products when they need replacing. Overall, Blessed Earth is a great Australian company selling great products at decent prices.