BMW F 800 S

See the Best Adventure Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Faultless and unique looking.

Excellent Bike. I've had plenty of bikes and scooters over the years and bought my f800s due mainly to price. I was in the market for an 800 and was looking at VFR's which I must admit to still liking. The BMW was a bit left of centre for me but since owning it for the past 3 years and clocking up just over 20,000kms I can't say I have any regrets whatsoever.
Shortly after purchasing I swapped over the clip on bars for a standard superbike bar and love the upright riding position.
This bike has a real 'quality' feel about it. The style is different enough to get noticed without being bizarre. Perfectly balanced, economical and when rolling (even at walking pace) feels like a 250. Handles freeways and long distances with ease.
Only carried a piliion once and there were lots of complaints due to cramped riding position and hard seat but that's not a big deal for me.
My bike's out of warranty so I keep away fom BMW therefore servicing is affordable and I can do most of it myself.
Belt drive (lack of maintainance). Perfectly balanced engine. Light and agile. Unique looks.
Expensive servicing if doing so through BMW franchise. Otherwise no more to service than a Honda.

Good bike poor builder

Pistons failed at 25000km lots of recalls from electrical to front drove pully. BMW and dealer weren't keen to obey consumer law. I had to take them to consumer tribunal and have BMW and the dealer ordered to obey the law and fix it. DON'T buy BMW of you want after sales service
Nice bike whole it goes
BMW's attitude towards the law and being honorable would notbuy any BMW designed in last 10 years