Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

See the Best Adventure Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

johnwilliamSydney, NSW

Why Did I wait so Long......?

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Andy

AndySydney

Advice

REMEMBER:
If you decide to buy a BMW R1200GS instead of the Super Tenere and go off road, you WILL at some point drop the bike.
The BMW will land on the Cylinder and more than likely cause enough engine damage to disable the bike. The engine guard does little to protect against this and there are online reviews where the testers have split open valve covers even with the engine guards fitted. The weight is simply to much the guard
Don’t risk it.
You’ll be left stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
raybies

raybiesSydney

Best bike I have ever owned and I've own a lot.

I love this bike like a family member. It has been 100% reliable everyday for the past 7 years!
It's super stable and handles like an extension of my body.
It's has a presence which commands respect from other road users.
It's comfortable and the controls feel great.
It's super easy to maintain and has had 0 things wrong with it.
It's big and heavy, but like an obese ballerina (youtube it).
It's thirsty and not much of a head turner.

Date PurchasedDec 2010
gas

gas

I'm surprised

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Go anywhere bike

andydownunder

I use to own a Harley but now I have rediscovered motorcycling

I luv the all round capabilities of this bike, it's very forgiving and does inspire confidence. I am not an aggressive rider I am in my 60s but I find my old riding technics coming back with this bike and I think it has a lot to do with the under lying technology built into this bike. Great work yamaha..

andydownunder

agreed. I take all day to ride to a close rally now.. theres a lot of roads in my own back yard I never knew about.. no need to travel too far

Alan D.

Alan D.asked

when i drive fast and go through the gears the tcs light goes on, why?

Big Gaz

Big Gazasked

I just bought a 2010 1200 Tenere. Is there any ECU upgrades for this bike. I believe it needs a throttle smoothing out rewriting job?

johnwilliam

Simple answer is Yes.. I read in an Bike magazine recently in a docs surgery, the test rider commented that there is a Upgrade for the Tenere which provides better mapping some hidden HP, it was not cheap around $400-500 odd.
I have the latest model Super Tenere and Yeah noticed it on the first real run to Phillip Island 2018, when in Sport Mode the throttle response is touchy, especially in stop start traffic in the suburbs.
Mine is still early days of Warranty so cannot play with the ECU stuff yet, but intend to get the extra HP once outside the factory warranty.
Best place in the mean time to get info on Australian source is the SuperTenere Forums on line. There are a couple just google SuperTenere forum and log in ECU upgrade it will have numerous replies on the subject.

m!ss!ngu2

m!ss!ngu2asked

G'day, am looking to put crash bars and a bash plate on my just purchased 2011 xt1200z supertenere. Would be grateful for some advice as to which brand works best and is good value for money. Thanks

Tex olliver
Tex olliver

Hello, yes I am very happy with the altrider crash bar that I fitted to my bike. I liked the look and contour line of the bar to the bike.

Get an answer from our members and Yamaha Motor representatives