BMW K1200GT

BMW K1200GT

See the Best Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don

DonSydney

ROAD RUNNER...

I recently purchased my K 1200 GT... It is a big motorbike with a big heart... Very comfortable, plenty of space for touring away... Rides beautiful, shaft drive is a bit of the new (louder) thing for me (compared to my previous Japanese HONDA VFR800). But, CRUISE CONTROL is a god given... Set it and "relax" your wrist... Great Cruising. Maintenance and parts are a bit on the pricey side, but nothing comes free these days... Maintain regular servicing intervals and Reliability is known, I traced the mechanic that was servicing for the previous owner, and these machines easily go over 100K kilometres, 130K plus... Yes Cruise Control is a God Given, brings the heaven on earth...

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Bundy

BundySouth East Queensland, QLD

Typical of BMW

Mark L

Mark LBrisbane

Been my Partner for 5 Years

I bought my K1200GT 2nd hand with 63000km on the clock. It now has 126000km - all of them touring. If it wasn't any good, I would have changed it in 6 months. The only modification is Suburban Engineering bar risers as I was leaning into the bars a bit too much for my middle age and an Autocomm system with UHF. This seems to be a common extra for people my height 5'9" ish. The bike is riden hard, and shod with Metzelers or Michelins and has never given me a heart start moment. A large but very nimble bikecomfortabe from sunup to almost sundown.
Will continue to own BMW K bikes and leave the Mean Streak for the straight roads and around town running.

Good

Overall this is a first class touring bike - a little large for everyday commuting but with an unsurpassed level of comfort and style.

I've put 2500 kilometres on one with mixed city/country riding and love it.
Comfort, reliability. Excellent performance and handling and brakes are v good (especially with ABS) Good weather protection
Expensive - exhaust & Cd player eats into pannier space

mattrulzheapz

mattrulzheapz

Bad

fairly good but i dont advise in getting one.
Nice fast and their is a fair bit of room compared to other motorcycles.
bad things about it would have to be that the paint jobs that come custom made are absolutely pathetic.