Yamaha XVZ13CT Royal Star Convertible

Yamaha XVZ13CT Royal Star Convertible

See the Best Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sunset_SamPERTH

Yamaha has converted me

Sunset_Sam

Further update, the bike has now been sold and I have kept my other bike .... a Harley Softail .... see my other review.

grim
grim

Why did you sell it ? I run a VN800 classic and love the bike. But would like a bigger bike.... not too sure about the increase of MPG tho.......

A great long distance cruiser.

Have had my Convertible since 2008. It was purchased at the Ulysses AGM in Townsville, Far Nth Queensland, to replace a Kawasaki Nomad 1500. Rode 4000 km home to Victoria and loved it. Have travelled to West Australia and back, and a few other long distance interstate trips. Fuel consumption is great when not flogged. Handling is pleasant, but sharp twisties can be testing. Towing a camper trailer affects the fuel consumption (25%-30) but the bike handles the trailer with no problems. Engine sounds great (like an old s/v V8) and has heaps of power if you want to open the throttle. It is a bit heavy at slow speeds and cumbersome when moving it around in the shed.
But I love it!!!

Ideal bike for the open road, great getaway machine. Head turning looks and plenty of grunt to lead the pack.
Great bike for the country roads, great for distance touring and the Sunday cafe runs,good in the city traffic.
Heavy at slow speeds (parking etc) can be a handful on tight bends at speed

Tuiasked

Im thinking of buying a used 2006 xvz1300 tf royal star venture with 45000 kms, do u think this is wise, Im not sure if im about to buy something is going to die on me very soon????

Hi

Providing the bike has a service history then 45000 KMS is fine. A friend of mine had one with 90 000 kms and ran like a clock.

These are V4 engines are strong & lazy, they tend not to work hard. Providing maintenance like oil, cooling system flush, valve adjustments etc have been done. If there are no records etc then walk away.

Do your homework online like forums etc.

Remember it's a buyers market at the moment, so take your time and don't rush. I have a habit of being a 'dog on heat' when it comes to bikes and cars but have now learnt to wait for the right bike/car to come along.

Tui

Much appreciated I thankyou for wise advice cheers mate. Advice taken I need to slow down and not rush

Tiny Dave

Tiny Daveasked

I've just bought 96 Yamaha royal star 1300 cc. My question is how many kilometers would I get on 18 liters of fuel?

Hi

I was averaging about 270 - 280 kms before I'd have to refill if that helps. Heavy bike, big V4 but depends on how you ride i.e. fast ....

Hope that helps ....