Bonaire Pinnacle

Bonaire Pinnacle

PEH220 Maxicooler, PEL200, PEM180 and PES160

See the Best Ducted Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great product and excellent service agent

Firstly, hats off the Climate Master Fyshwick (and particularly a shout out to Val) for squeezing us in before Christmas rush. Our old unit carked it and the new one was in as quick as a blink! The new unit is excellent...yes, there is some fan noise but when it shifts so much air it is understandable. It even cools under the outdoor living area! I wouldn't call the noise obtrusive though, it ticks away on low with a nice zephyr to a good strong boost blast on high. This unit has kept our home cool through the heat of this Canberra summer nicely...and love the open doors and windows...light and breezy. No more stuffy air conditioned air for us! And with the new technology in the fan motor, almost can't wait to get a power bill...strange that, but this unit will pay for itself. We are very happy with it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent!!! Best ever upgrade

We had an old Bonaire that WAS GREAT BUT got replaced with a Pinnacle 220 when a tree fell on my home. The Humidity control feature of the Pinnacle sorted out the short coming of the evaporative cooler that did not hold cooling on humid days. We will NEVER need air conditioning that I considered getting before. The Pinnacle is just all round perfect. It does the job all year round to perfection. Very very happy with it :)

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great so far

Good unit so far. My first evaporative cooler so had nothing to measure it against.
Chose Bonaire as purchased through local electricity provider on very good terms. Had my eye on breezair or braemar but a grand dearer .
Would love to test drive a breezair, but how?
Got the Pinnacle 180 version, up from the 160 quoted me based on handy review comments online.
Only could get a 10°c difference on a 38°c day, was hoping for more. However, using the Delta T temp method from BOM provided by another good reviewer on this forum is a handy tip to know, but still struggling to get down to that ideal temp. First season in, still evaluating.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Mixed bag

Performs as described on the tin, cooling performance on par with most evaporative units but has some useability issues.
1. Not as quiet as the breezeair at the lowest fan speed.
2. Big jump in noise and fan speed between setting 1 and 2
3. Unintuitive controller - setting a timer for shutdown is unnecessarily complicated and changing between modes(water pump on/off) is not straight foward.
4. Shutdown timer allows you to set the time but not the day so timer shut off is limited to 11.59 pm of the same day. *seems odd but ask for demo - set time to 10pm and ask sales team to make the unit turn off at 1am, can't be done.
5. People have reported issues if wireless controller is too close to main unit - have personally experienced this, the controller restarts and looses all settings.
6. Has a humidy control mode that runs the water pump less on days that are humid -works well.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Unbelievable difference to temperature in home 40 degrees outside 22 Degrees inside all day long

A powerful product that on first use in early January we new we had made the right choice. Even cooking a roast on a hot day is no issue. I was fortunate to talk with a person within Bonaire 2 years ago and remembered how highly he spoke of the then new product. Snowman installed exactly one week after our initial meeting and Quote. The team were very professional and cleaned up after installation. I would highly recommend the Bonaire PEL200 Evaporative Aircondioner and Snowman

Very Good

Our last Bonaire VSL-72 was installed in 1998 and only now has been replaced with a top of range Bonaire PEH220 Pinnacle. We purchased the PEH220 Pinnacle given it had the highest power output and 95% of the 1200 watt power output of our past VSL-72. The PEH220 remote has multi function buttons compared to the VSL-72 remote, therefore will take a little getting use to.

The PEH220 model has less maintenance and some additional features such as humidity control and water decalcification and no seasonal maintenance.

The Store provided a baffle that is intended to control cold air draughts entering via ceiling ducts, but it only minimises draugjts and does not totally eliminates draughtss.

We also liked the 7 year warranty

Need advice on which pinnacle model should I choose. Sales person said pes160 suits my property. Just want to make sure I am picking the right product. My floor area is 136sqm, which he is going to include 6 outlets.

How do I know which pinnacle model should I choose. Sales person said PES160 is sufficient for my house with 6 outlets. My property is 136sqm floor area. I just want to make sure I am picking the right product.
Sarwant, I was told that too and I think area of my house is approx. the same as yours. But I chose the 180 just to be sure and the price wasn't all that much more...... I don't regret my decision.Thank you

So does the level of water running over the pads when the humidity control is on happen automatically or can the amount of water running over the pads be adjusted with the controller?
Hi Nick, there is no adjustability that I am aware of, from what I have been told and read, it is all automaticbut our unit is the 180And Yes, its automatic!

Bonaire Pinnacle PES160Bonaire Pinnacle PEM180Bonaire Pinnacle PEL200Bonaire Pinnacle PEH220 Maxicooler
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Outdoor Unit Width1192mm1192mm1192mm1192mm