Bosch Cordless Tacker PTK 3,6 V

Bosch Cordless Tacker PTK 3,6 V

Not sure what all the negativity is about

Owned this unit for about 3 years. It's been used & abused, dropped onto concrete from on the roof, survived about 50,000 actuations and has never missed a beat. Yeah, it's difficult to get staples but eBay is your friend there - just order them (3rd party work a treat) in batches of 10,000 from overseas making sure you reorder once you've gone through half and you won't have a problem.

The gap between the handle & body makes it perfect to hang on a horizontal 35mm bearer when working on a ladder and the weight & ergonomics are spot on. Charges every time and happily drives 8 & 10mm staples into any softwood I've used it on - can have a few issues with hardwood frames but, then, what do you want for less than $70? Worth every cent IMO.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Battery cannot be recharged. Weak penetrating power even on soft timber.

Bought this product a few years ago. I used it a few times and then packed it away. Power is far less than I expected. Staples hardly penetrate ordinary soft pine timber. I took it out yesterday to do a simple stapling job and found that battery will not recharge even after a whole night of leaving in the recharger. Warranty time lapsed so I am stuck with having to throw it away. I don't believe that spending more money on a new battery and charger will help. Wish I had read the reviews before I bought it.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Waste of money

Have had this for a few years now. Worked ok when I bought it but it did struggle with harder surfaces.
Tried to use it last weekend, as with other reviewers, battery doesn’t charge no matter how long you leave it plugged in. Shame this once reputable brand has lost its shine.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Bosch after sales service

The cordless tacker works really well, never had any charging issues over the three years that we have been using it. However try to buy staples for it, none available in Perth Western Australia, call Bosch and they say that you have to order online. Not good enough Bosch when you need to buy staples ones does not always have 4 days to waste whilst you post them out. The person on their help desk was as good as tits on a bull and could not understand why they should have a retail outlet that sell staplers AND staples.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Worthless Bosch quality

Similar experience to others - the tacker is virtually brand new and the battery does not charge up. I will NEVER, EVER buy another Bosch product again. There are plenty of alternatives out there now to Bosch, so save yourself frustration and anger over this Company's poor customer service; don't buy Bosch products.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

What a Shocker

Worked perfectly for a couple of times, then battery doesn't charge. Bosch used to be good. I've got a number of Bosch tools that are excellent, but this is an utter failure. Reading these other reviews I will not waste my money on a replacement battery.
I'm going back to Bunnings to get a non-powered staple gun.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Same stapler Ptk from bunnings

Same as mentioned earlier used about twice... Tried a new battery at more than half the price of the tool and now the thing only shoots about once in about every 10 shots.. What a piece of crap! Bosch used to be good. "Used to be" this makes me think twice about buying Bosch now..

Recommended For Trash Only

The most unreliable product we have ever purchased. We wouldn't recommend this product to anyone as it only lasted two uses before the unit would not work. No help from the manufacturer as to the cause and no refund from Bunnings.
So much for customer service. Bosh staplers are crap.

Battery won't charge - product useless after 2 uses - waste of $

The battery will not charge - I have tried charging the battery for almost 48 hours with no results. Rather ridiculous considering I have only used the staple gun twice. This cost $100, I only spent this money as I thought the Bosch brand was reliable and reputable with quality products. I will now be reverting back to using my manual staple gun. I don't see any point in buying a replacement battery, as it seems after reading other online reviews this will likely only work for a short time. Very disappointed.

Wrost products ever manufactured by Bosch

I have this returned at least 3 times due to faults in the battery or charger as it stops working after two uses... Bosch takes no responsibility for their faults and bad manufacturing products as they claim in the warranty.... I am shocked at the lack of help if you misplace a receipt! let alone if you have it but ends up like a white paper after 8 months if you purchased it a Bunnings !! Both of them could not care less yet now they are not longer available... being a Bosch product they should take it back regardless of receipt or not with the serial number they should recognise their products specially when the products still looks like new and has only been used twice. I don't recommend this product its a nightmare especially the service from the Bosch hotline staff...
' we cant help " same words from Bunnings staff whom claim on tv ads they have the best services... my experience re this product and more was a bad dream.
cheap branded
unreliable waste electricity must charge repeatedly then doesnot work. A real nightmare