2Bosch GCM 12 GDL Professional

NeitherYoungNorOld
NeitherYoungNorOldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Melbournian
MelbournianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not aligned with axis - machined incorrectly

Beautiful design, but poorly manufactured. The blade is on an angle to the axis it moves on, so it can never cut straight. So the teeth at rear cut a mm to the left of the front teeth, so no matter now it’s squared, the rear teeth make a lot of noise as they grind through a different path to the front teeth. This is apparently unfixable, as there is no adjustment to the orientation of the blade in reference to the axis of the arm. I am so disappointed with this product, especially as I’m a big fan of other Bosch power tools. This may just be a defect in my saw, but there are many reviews claiming the same or similar issues with curved cuts.  Show details
Fábio B.
Fábio B.7 posts

I don't recommend photos and video

On my first time, I almost had an accident with mitre saw. The timber support is weak. I had this problem the first time. I lost faith in this mitre saw.

This mitre saw is dangerous. Now I am making claim on fair trade and trying refund.

I have on my work hikoki and It is perfect.

Don't buy if you are woodworking. Definitely rubbish.
I will put the last email bosch sent to me.

( I was advised by [Name Removed] (our service agent) that they have already adjusted the unit and corrected the issue on your Mitre saw to work properly. )

The customer service bosch is so bad; they ignore you.

I tried to write a review on total tools, but they don't accept negative reviews Show details

Donald  Peterkin
Donald Peterkin5 posts

Phil
PhilMelbourne4 posts

CLINT THE CARPENTERtownsville5 posts

Michael Grogan
Michael Grogan

Can an existing 240v GCM 12 GDL be rewired to 110v without any extra parts from Bosch?

CLINT THE CARPENTER

No I think you would need a voltage reducer, but an electrician should be able to tell you. Are you in the uk?

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy Jan

No. The motor would need to be changed or rewired. A 110v to 240V step up transformer would be the answer.