Festool KAPEX KS 120 Slide Compound Mitre Saw

Festool KAPEX KS 120 Slide Compound Mitre Saw

Verified🏆 2024 Award

25 reviews · Statistics

92% · 231 · 4%
See the Best Cut-Off & Mitre Saws in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DOM
DOMNSWSydney, NSW6 posts

My One and Only Mitre Saw

It has to be the most accurate - 'Machine Tool - to cut at any ( Simple 90 degree or compound angle cut. ) available!...Cheers. Show details ·  1
Chris C.
Chris C.

At Last

Kapex 120 out of the box was excellent, with no issues, and was a delight to use. Waited a long time to purchase it. It was a great buy. Show details ·  1
Steve M
Steve MVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Wow just wow

I procrastinated about spending the extra bucks for a festool, but all I did was waste time.
The Kapex KS 120 has saved me every penny I laid out for it already...Straight out of the box it has been a joy to work with, not one single gripe or issue, just can't recommend highly enough.
Don't waste time just go out and buy one of these works of art. Show details ·  1
Malcolm
Malcolm

Poor fence attachment

I bought this saw a few years a go, so only just found it’s faults, cutting tall cornice is a good way of doing it, but trying to tighten up the fence to stop it moving is nearly impossible, it’s a very poor design and the fence keeps moving, so until that design is changed I wouldn’t buy it.
Paul G.
Paul G.

Clever design and very functional

The KS 120 is a clever and very functional bit of kit, every aspect of the machine is designed to maximize productivity. The stand with left and right extensions makes this a complete solution with outstanding accuracy. Show details ·  1
Owen
Owen3 posts

Be careful

I bought this saw for fine detail cuts but it was cutting a degree and a half out so sent it back to festool to get calibrated but came back with same issue and they said that was acceptable and for the price you are paying to me its not when my other drop saw cuts to the degree Show details
MMJ
MMJ

Great to have a KAPEX again!

I bought a Kapex compound mitre saw about 12 years ago but sold it a couple of years later as I needed the money. I don't think I have regretted selling anything as much. The repeated precision, functionality and quality just can't be matched by competitors units I have used. I just bought a brand new KS120 and all is good in the world again. Show details ·  1
Ryan G.
Ryan G.2 posts

It makes any job so easy!

Simple things like clamp , Im actually using it not to mention double laser, makes amateur a pro. Show details
colin Riley
colin RileyVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts

Really very pleased with the saw

The accuracy and build quality is very obvious. Its a well thought out design. I also purchased the dust extractor and this removes almost all the dust from the saw. Very important to me when cutting treated timbers. Show details ·  1
Andrew Lorensene
Andrew LorenseneVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

So precise .Best sliding compound I have had

The KS 120 REB is the 4th saw owned .By far and away the Kapex is streets ahead of the others .I make jewellery boxes and all joints have to be EXACT .The KS120 cuts ,22.5 degree mitres that are air tight .Its quiet ,little or no dust (with vac) ,vertical and horizontal angles are spot on .End grain cuts are smooth .This saw has way too many features to list . Simply its a cracker ,good to operate and worth every cent paid . Show details
ThirdWorldInternet
ThirdWorldInternetVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Best saw ever. Absolutely awesome!

This is a breeze to setup and operate. Accurate and precise, I am so happy with the extension arms, makes cutting long pieces so easy. Very, very happy with my purchase. Show details
j.virgona
j.virgonaNSWSydney, NSW

Great tool

Firstly I want to say that I am a huge Festool fan and have thousands of dollars of tools and love them all, so I didn't hesitate when upgrading to the Kapex. Fantastic saw super accurate and precise would definitely recommend
Had a few issues at the beginning however Festool were more than helpful with resolving the issues.
Customer service and product 10/10
Thanks Show details
Anthony Ganotis
Anthony GanotisVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

THE best tool I’ve ever purchased

This is my first Festool purchase and I couldn’t be happier with the quality and awesome features. The KS120REB is we’ll worth the $$ As it exceeded every expectation I had of the saw.
Accurate and square straight out of the box is testimony to the quality control Festool assures.
Only Festool tools from here on for me, nothing else compares.
My only regret is I didn’t purchase one years ago.. Show details
Longbeach Wood Design
Longbeach Wood DesignVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Such a good quality saw

The dust extraction on my new Festool saw is unbelievable - i have 2 Hitachi compound saws and sawdust is a constant problem.
So much thought has gone into making this saw - clever ideas which are very useful. Typical Festool quality. Show details
Dean and Janine
Dean and JanineQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

The Perfect addition to my workshop

This would be without a doubt the best bit of kit that I have in my small workshop, yeah its expensive but honestly it is worth every dollar. Precision cuts every time. Am yet to setup on the bench correctly but I must say absolutely the BEST. I have had a few over the years and absolutely no comparison at all . Getting hold of one was the hard part but I think I got the last one in Qld. Not able to afford the dust extraction that would be great to hook up so finding an alternative adapter to suit current cheaper vac was painful but if you thinking of purchasing buy it I'm sure you will be able to adapt a vac of most brands to it. Show details