2Bosch GTS10XC

63% · 53 · 38%

Steve
StevePerth, WA2 posts

Warranty repair

The saw itself is ok, until it broke, lucky for me it was still under warranty.that has now been over 10 weeks since I took it in for repairs. What a joke, ever time I ring they say it should be done in a couple of days!! Let’s see if it back after 11 weeks. This has put me off buying Bosch in the future. Very poor service.
Adrian Radu
Adrian Radu9 posts

Only for job-site, not accurate at all

Spent 2 days trying to align and set it square.

Fence is not locking square to the blade. If you push it in position from the left or right, always different. There is a YouTube clip of a German guy trying to align it, tried that, didn't work.

There is a lot of play in the sliding rail on the left hand side of the blade, and it also sits higher than the rest of the table. The cross-cut sled that goes in it has play as well, combine those and you get no accuracy in cross-cuts.

Show details

Nigel Christian
Nigel ChristianAuckland6 posts

Power

My rating is based on one issue where the 10xc stands out - cutting power. Hot knife through butter is the relevant phrase. I cut a lot of ancient hard native (NZ) timber and this is the saw for the job. Much better than the De Walt of similar watts that I had previously. The only negative is that the fence is not as precise as the De Walt which had a system of cogs with a magnified reading at each end. The Bosch 10xc just slides and clamps and you need to check the fence for square each time - but it is still pretty accurate.

Show details

Pierre
PierreVredendal, South Africa

Carmelo S.
Carmelo S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Keith of WA
Keith of WA

GTS 10J, Little brother is a ripper

I read the above review, and I have to say what a load of tripe. I had to rip down bevels on site for custom matched mdf skirting, modify existing jarrah architraves by cutting them down, panels, thin mdf etc. I bought the cheaper GTS10j with stand with some trepidation based on these reviews, but as there wasn't much else to choose from took the plunge.

It worked all day without a drama, cut thin and straight with the existing blade and I never had a problem. The rip fence was parallel in any position. I got smooth finish cuts on 20mm jarrah to 3mm mdf sheet with the blade out of the box.... just started it up and ripped into it (no pun intended).

I am impressed with it and it adds to my other Bosch blue tools

Paul3490
Paul3490Gippsland, VIC73 posts

Alex
Alex

Wow - that helped me NOT buy one. Thanks for putting the time in to tell us about it.

DanielCTAS, 717919 posts