2DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-XE

MPN:DWE7491-XE
2DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-XE
3.6

67% · 83 · 25%
Brand Manager for Dewalt? Claim your listing.

McPopAU51 posts

Argyll
ArgyllAU5 posts

David A.
David A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Don't look any further. This is the one!

Ok so i had my beast for lmost 3 months now and absolutely love it. Its extremely accurate and versatile and has a great build quality. I've build a mobile Table Saw Bench for mine and use it on a weekly basis for ll my woodworking and building. I loved it o much i did a Youtube Video on it.
Dewalt DWE7491-XE Product Review

Jesse
JesseSydney, NSW14 posts

WhoDat
WhoDatGlen Iris51 posts

Overpriced with bad design expensive repair

Just got my 7491 back from Dewalt. It has a bad design on the blade raise screw. Instead of taking responsibility and fix or covering it with warranty, Dewalt push it back on the owner and they claim misuse and won’t cover it. The thread takes all the weight. And it’s completely exposed to sawdust. Cost me $250au to repair. Show details
BarrySumpter
BarrySumpterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC29 posts

DeWalt is dishonest and deceptive

Deceptive advertising stating heavy duty. It's not. Deceptive 3 year warranty. DeWalt won't honor warranty. Deceptive dewalt repair lying about mis-use when it's hardly been used. Don't buy this item because of the 3 year warranty. It's useless. And dewalt repair centre is dishonest. It's faster to get the part and repair it yourself instead of waiting 10 business days. DeWalt is dishonest and deceptive. Show details
Phil777
Phil777Perth27 posts

Solid, clever and accurate

I was rising up between the Metabo table saw (2000W) and the Dewalt. The Metabo is very good and has built in folding legs, but the accuracy of the fence and the way it is geared so that it is always parallel is brilliant and is what eventually swayed me. The fence support and fold over for fine work is also clever.

All accessories can be stored in the machine during transport.

It's very sturdy and well built the motor has plenty of grunt. They are popular and I can see why. If you buy one you won't be disappointed.

harmo
harmoACT, 291498 posts

Wally R.
Wally R.

How do you get the blade on the xe to be square to the top. My new xe is whisker out

when set on 90 degrees

filbo0seven

Janine, or anybody else asking, "I am trying to decide between the 7485-XE & the 7491-XE. Could you tell me what the significant differences are."
The DW7485 table saw uses a 210mm (8") blade and the motor is 1850watts.
The DW7491XE or RS (rolling stand) uses a 254mm (10") blade and the motor is 2000watts.

filbo0seven

I've recently purchased this model but I still have a DW745 (soon to be sold I hope). I have never had an issue with getting, installing or using blades. The first Freud blade I bought was from a local lumber yard. It fitted the DW745. I mean I never thought about arbor/spindle sizes. Why would I? I have bought more blades (same brand through Amazon). I know they ship them from Umerika and I guess (now) that's why I've never had an issue. They fit my old saw and my new saw so, as harmo above says, where's the drama. Storm in a tea cup from where I sit.

filbo0seven

It's a non issue. The flange and nut hold the blade firmly. A 30mm blade hole can be shimmed down to 16mm (15.875mm) and works as before.

See all DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-XE questions