DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X

DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X

3.3

4 Years Use and Still Going Strong

Purchased in August 2017 at Sydney Tools for $994.00.

Hill
HillPerth, WA

Blades hard to find

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,260.00.

Other Table Saws

David A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't look any further. This is the one!

Ok so i had my beast for lmost 3 months now and absolutely love it. Its extremely accurate and versatile and has a great build quality. I've build a mobile Table Saw Bench for mine and use it on a weekly basis for ll my woodworking and building. I loved it o much i did a Youtube Video on it.
Dewalt DWE7491-XE Product Review
Dewalt DWE7491-XE Work Bench

Purchased in August 2020 at Sydney Tools VIC, Caroline Springs for $1,299.00.

Table Saws

Find out how DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X compares to other Table Saws

Very good compact saw

Purchased in September 2019 at Total Tools for $1,189.00.

SamCro
SamCroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good luck trying to find a blade for it.

Purchased in March 2020 at Total Tools for $1,189.00.

JesseSydney, NSW

Saw does what I ask of it

Purchased in June 2017 at Sydney Tools NSW, Alexandria for $1,000.00.

WhoDat
WhoDatGlen Iris

Overpriced with bad design expensive repair

Just got my 7491 back from Dewalt. It has a bad design on the blade raise screw. Instead of taking responsibility and fix or covering it with warranty, Dewalt push it back on the owner and they claim misuse and won’t cover it. The thread takes all the weight. And it’s completely exposed to sawdust. Cost me $250au to repair.

Purchased in January 2017.

BarrySumpter
BarrySumpterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DeWalt is dishonest and deceptive.

Deceptive advertising stating heavy duty. It's not. Deceptive 3 year warranty. DeWalt won't honor warranty. Deceptive dewalt repair lying about mis-use when it's hardly been used. Don't buy this item because of the 3 year warranty. It's useless. And dewalt repair centre is dishonest. It's faster to get the part and repair it yourself instead of waiting 10 business days. DeWalt is dishonest and deceptive.

Purchased in March 2017.

Other Table Saws

Phil777
Phil777Perth

Solid, clever and accurate

I was rising up between the Metabo table saw (2000W) and the Dewalt. The Metabo is very good and has built in folding legs, but the accuracy of the fence and the way it is geared so that it is always parallel is brilliant and is what eventually swayed me. The fence support and fold over for fine work is also clever.
All accessories can be stored in the machine during transport.
It's very sturdy and well built the motor has plenty of grunt. They are popular and I can see why. If you buy one you won't be disappointed.

Table Saws

Find out how DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X compares to other Table Saws

harmoACT, 2914

One of the most versatile portable table saws I've used.

Khaled
Khaledasked

Hi,

One of the reviewers had some negative things to say about the bore/arbor size of the blade. Is it true that special adapters needed to be able to be able to fit an Oz-supplied blade? Amazon seem to have plenty of 16mm or 5/8" bore size blades.

Stevo_Perth

Yes, you must always check the arbor size when purchasing circular saw blades. They vary across brands. Most woodworking supply shops and tool shops in Australia, and online sites, sell reducing bushes to adapt from say a 30mm hole to a smaller hole. Some blades come with bushes in the pack. Of course if the blade has a smaller hole than the arbor you can't fix that! Preferably buy a blade with the exact arbor size. Bushes not suitable for Dado stacks.

Rchenableasked

I just had a dewalt 7491 last week. I have 2 question here. First, the motor started off with a burning smell and after that its gone, but the motor keep showing sparks when running and a bigger spark when stop. Dewalt retailer agent said its normal and show a new set on the spot and it does spark. Is this normal? 2nd question, i can't find any information regarding the cast table top material made of. Aluminum? Thks in advance.

David A.

In relation to the motor I have noticed that with mine at all. At the end of the day if it becomes a bigger issue or affects performance in anyway you always have the warranty to go back on. In relation to the table top based on my research the table too is plastic but I can’t confirm this as there may be different models in different countries.

Stevo_Perth

Never seen sparks or had burning smell that I can recall. Even with a heavy dado set. Not sure where you would see it unless looking under the table at motor housing when sawing?
The top is pressed steel which is powder coated. If making your own saw table or mitre devices which slide in the tracks, consider buying metal slide rails which incorporate adjustable plastic side screws to get the perfect fit in the tracks.

Rchenable

Thanks Stevo. Yes the spark is coming out from the motor. As the motor is running, I look down at the motor side, and its sparking, agent said (toolmart) its normal, its the brush from the motor that is sparking. A few of FB comented is normal. I also send an email to Dewalt, but not even sure they will response to my email. LOL.

Hmmm, can't remember where i read, the top is cast, but not sure what material.

Paul Q.asked

Hi guys, I’m in the market for a new table saw and from what I’ve seen while researching the Dewalt dwe7491 seems to be the best of the bunch. The only concern I have is most of the reviews say that it’s extremely noisy. I work from my garage and I am really mindful of annoying my neighbours, is the noise really that bad?

Stevo_Perth

Well, it's loud as the motor and saw is not fully encased as a large expensive table saw might be. But it is designed for use on a work site. I doubt it is much different to any compact contractor style saw. You will of course have to wear ear muffs. I guess I could say 'show me a saw which is quiet'.

Jesse

It's a very good bench saw but it does make a lot of noise. I have it set up near the kitchen in what was a breakfast nook at the rear of the house! My wife wears ear muffs if she is nearby when I'm sawing. I've asked my neighbours if they hear the saw and to my surprise they say they don't. I only use the saw during the day. One can hear the saw from outside the house but the sound is muffled. I suppose it depends how close your neighbours are to your garage as to what they will hear. I agree with Stevo that saws (especially worksite type saws) are noisy machines.

Paul Q.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I’ll go for it as it ticks all the boxes.

See all DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X questions