DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X

DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X

3.4

David A.

David A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't look any further. This is the one!

Ok so i had my beast for lmost 3 months now and absolutely love it. Its extremely accurate and versatile and has a great build quality. I've build a mobile Table Saw Bench for mine and use it on a weekly basis for ll my woodworking and building. I loved it o much i did a Youtube Video on it.
Dewalt DWE7491-XE Product Review
Dewalt DWE7491-XE Work Bench

Purchased in August 2020 at Sydney Tools VIC, Caroline Springs for A$1,299.00.

Very good compact saw

Purchased in September 2019 at Total Tools for A$1,189.00.

SamCro

SamCroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good luck trying to find a blade for it.

Purchased in March 2020 at Total Tools for A$1,189.00.

Table Saws

Find out how DeWalt 254mm DWE7491-X compares to other Table Saws

JesseSydney, NSW

Saw does what I ask of it

Purchased in June 2017 at Sydney Tools NSW, Alexandria for A$1,000.00.

WhoDatGlen Iris

Overpriced with bad design expensive repair

Just got my 7491 back from Dewalt. It has a bad design on the blade raise screw. Instead of taking responsibility and fix or covering it with warranty, Dewalt push it back on the owner and they claim misuse and won’t cover it. The thread takes all the weight. And it’s completely exposed to sawdust. Cost me $250au to repair.

Purchased in January 2017.

BarrySumpter

BarrySumpterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DeWalt is dishonest and deceptive.

Deceptive advertising stating heavy duty. It's not. Deceptive 3 year warranty. DeWalt won't honor warranty. Deceptive dewalt repair lying about mis-use when it's hardly been used. Don't buy this item because of the 3 year warranty. It's useless. And dewalt repair centre is dishonest. It's faster to get the part and repair it yourself instead of waiting 10 business days. DeWalt is dishonest and deceptive.

Purchased in March 2017.

Phil777

Phil777Perth

Solid, clever and accurate

I was rising up between the Metabo table saw (2000W) and the Dewalt. The Metabo is very good and has built in folding legs, but the accuracy of the fence and the way it is geared so that it is always parallel is brilliant and is what eventually swayed me. The fence support and fold over for fine work is also clever.
All accessories can be stored in the machine during transport.
It's very sturdy and well built the motor has plenty of grunt. They are popular and I can see why. If you buy one you won't be disappointed.

harmo

harmoACT, 2914

One of the most versatile portable table saws I've used.

Paul Q.asked

Hi guys, I’m in the market for a new table saw and from what I’ve seen while researching the Dewalt dwe7491 seems to be the best of the bunch. The only concern I have is most of the reviews say that it’s extremely noisy. I work from my garage and I am really mindful of annoying my neighbours, is the noise really that bad?

Stevo_Perth

Well, it's loud as the motor and saw is not fully encased as a large expensive table saw might be. But it is designed for use on a work site. I doubt it is much different to any compact contractor style saw. You will of course have to wear ear muffs. I guess I could say 'show me a saw which is quiet'.

Jesse

It's a very good bench saw but it does make a lot of noise. I have it set up near the kitchen in what was a breakfast nook at the rear of the house! My wife wears ear muffs if she is nearby when I'm sawing. I've asked my neighbours if they hear the saw and to my surprise they say they don't. I only use the saw during the day. One can hear the saw from outside the house but the sound is muffled. I suppose it depends how close your neighbours are to your garage as to what they will hear. I agree with Stevo that saws (especially worksite type saws) are noisy machines.

Paul Q.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I’ll go for it as it ticks all the boxes.

Dan Slusser

Dan Slusserasked

Will the Dewalt table saw DE7491-X take an 8" dato blade and will it use a dato insert DW7466?

Jesse

Hi Dan, I use the Dewalt DW7670 8" dado blade set and the DWE7402DI throat plate on my DE7491-XE. The opening in the throat plate limits the dado set to a maximum 13/16" (20.6mm) wide cut. The dado set and throat plate have worked well for me. I'm not familiar with the DW7466 throat plate.

Stevo_Perth

Yes, I have been able to use a dado set up to at least 12mm thick (limited by the length of the spindle). It is not a DeWalt set but one bought at a woodworking supplier (Timbecon). The limiting factor is the length of the spindle and I think you will find 20mm a little too wide to fit, allowing for the locking nut.
Yes 8 inch blades are fine in the 10 inch saw and in fact preferred as they have less mass and momentum for the motor to start and stop, and you won't be doing deep through cuts with a dado. I also have a 6mm flat top 10" which is fine for simple grooves such as for drawer bases. Just ensure any blades you purchase have the correct arbor size 16mm. I wouldn't try to use 30mm-16mm adapter bush for dado sets (but have with normal blades).
I made my own throat plate from ply but you can buy blanks from stores such as Timbecon or Carabatec. You wind your blade up into the blank to get the desired width of hole. You can also do this to create a minimum clearance insert if you are doing fine thickness cuts.

Janine

Janineasked

Hi,
I am trying to decide between the 7485-XE & the 7491-XE. I only have a small workshop so space and weight matter. Could you tell me what the significant differences are.
Regards J

WhoDat

Pretty much the same size. 491 is a slightly better machine.