Bosch HydroPower

Bosch HydroPower

16H, 10H, 13H

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No real issues

We have had this system for about 6 years. We previously had a storage water heater with pilot light. The bosch 16h uses much less gas.
It failed once with a water filter disintegration. That was because I failed to service the unit at the recommended 2 year intervals. We have no issues with it now. We have correct gas pressure, water pressure and water flow from the taps to ensure correct operation of the unit.
Also, our service technician really knows his stuff.

Purchased for $800.00.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Happy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate your feedback. We do strongly recommend that our units are serviced every two years to prevent any issues. We wish you many years of trouble-free hot water.

Gavin D.

Gavin D.Gippsland, VIC

Issues With the HydroPower 16H

I had the 16H installed to replace an older Bosch heater that had started to leak. I had the same issue as others where it takes 3-6 attempts for the gas to light. Three days after installation I returned home to find both gas and water leaking from the unit. After discussions with the installer and the assessor sent from Bosch the unit was replaced. Three weeks later the unit still fails to ignite each time and, just now, the unit cut out mid shower.

I cannot recommend this product.

Purchased in October 2019.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Gavin, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Could you kindly get in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM to 6PM (AEDT) on a weekday so that we can assist you with this issue.

Don't buy one of these!

Purchased in June 2014.

Household Size 4 person(s)
James H.
James H.

Too late. I rectified it permanently by removing the Bosch and replacing it with a Rinnai Infinity 26, which, according to my plumber is far more reliable and has a better capacity.

madeline

Bobby N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WARNING! STAY CLEAR !

Purchased in June 2019.

angry47adelaide

This is the perfect unit for someone who likes cold showers

Unit has a mind of its own . You waste a lot of water before it heats up then it fluctuates and doesnt hold heat , dont you dare use any other tap around the house for hot water it just isn't going to happen . Bosch makes other products that are beyond amazing but i think they should stay away from continous water systems . yes unit has been looked at and has been replaced . The only thing that I can say is that it is sitting outside my bin enjoying the sun and rust not much to say but shame on the person who designed this and went home and said what a machine i designed .this person is the devils cousin what a heap of rubbish stay clear you have been warned

Purchased in June 2019.

angry47

No need using different brand

Will

WillPerth, WA

Why is hydropower 10h making noise when not in use

Hydropower 10H is making noise when
Not in use, sounds like a fan I’d running. Is this a concern, or is it dangerous? It’s quite loud and can be heard In the back bedroom

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mistake

Mistake I agree with Lucei, We purchased the 16H in 9/2015 and it has been intermittent with not lighting up consistantly since installation & has now not started after many tries. I checked & the ignition was sparking, but the gas not lighting. I rang the local dealer we purchased the unit from, who told me it was out of warranty and they are busy so I should ring a plumber! This I did and when they arrived and this time the unit started first time. We will be going elsewhere in the future.

Purchased in September 2015 for $1,300.00.

Fixing ignition issue

Purchased in February 2017 for $1,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Lucei

LuceiSouthern and Hills, SA

Should be a class action, a piece of JUNK!!!

A big mistake choosing this hot water heater. It has never delivered really hot water, had the plumber out several times. Have contacted Bosch, always unhelpful. Today I had the Plumber ring Bosch and do trouble shooting with Bosch service team. Answer, nothing else can be done to improve the temperature of the water. Will have to continue having baths without needing any cold water, temp about 45 degrees, hopeless!! Also waste so much water, don't have mains water,only rain water from tanks, sometimes have to wait 5 minutes . Not good enough Bosch. DON"T BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Purchased in May 2015.

Te ManiheraPerth, WA

Not Hot anymore but all is working. Bout month it has been like this

The unit is firing and gas is heating. But suddenly the past month my water is not Hot. I have just gone out and checked again ignition works fine gas is burning. By the time it gets to my taps I can hold my hand under it. I’ve turned everything up. But still warm to touch after running water (hot) for 4mins. Any one else have this.

Purchased in April 2010.

Te Manihera

Oops you’re probably right I will look into that ASAP thanks heaps

Billy

BillyPerth, WA

Worst hot water system ever

Unit is a couple years old, consistently won’t light. Have to then wait for stupid lock out or have cold shower. Can’t wait to throw it in the tip and get something that works

Purchased in September 2016.

Peter J

Peter JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Water temperature fluctuates wildly, too hot one minute, not heating water the next.

Purchased in March 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Len

LenAdelaide

Terrible, terrible, terrible

Purchased this unit in august 2018 as a replacement for our old bosch unit. We were advised by the installer that this was the one to get. We had the installation techs out four times in the first few days because it would cease to work. Despite my requests for a different unit it was inferred that the problem was user error !!!! SIx months later the unit takes ages to heat ,goes boiling hot then cold and has to be restarted several times just to get a lukewarm shower. This product has a major design fault and is clearly not fit for sale. Will be replacing as soon as finances allow. Avoid this terrible product.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Sammy

Sammyleongatha

Trouble from the beginning.

Unrealibile ignition of both pilot and main burner. Works today but not tomorrow or even now but not in 1 hour. Very sensitive to water pressure. Inserted inline water filter which helped in blocking the filter in the unit. Fortunately we are not entirely reliant on this heater. Reading the other reviews would incline me to replace it rather than get it serviced.

Date PurchasedMar 2000
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Water waster, hot then cold

We recently moved into a rental home and cannot believe the performance of the hot water system. Although the unit is directly below the shower it may take up to 4 attempts and many litres of water for the very hot water to flow. The minute the very hot water comes through any attempt to adjust causes the shower to become cold.

The Bosch unit 16H needs to be avoided.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

A BeeAdelaide

Worst decision ever!

Had to replace my old unit which didn't even last 10 years, stupidly settled on this model. Worst decision ever!! We've nicknamed the unit Katy Perry because it's hot then it's cold. This shower either inflicts 3rd degree burns or induces hypothermia, along the way it wastes a tonne of water. How can a gas hot water system run cold when only the hot water tap is on. Will replace as soon as I can afford to.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
A Bee

shocking, unreliable, waste's heaps of water

replaced old bosch that was not too bad but only lasted 10 years, new unit has been a nightmare, was told by their own techs, (no one can fix it ! that's just how they are ) I'm sick of waiting 10 minutes for it to settle down at 4.00 am every day ! will have to bite the bullet and get another brand that will do what they say it will do , will NOT buy anything that's made in China again. NO quality control !

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Charlie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please be advised that if your unit is within warranty, we will be able to arrange a service call for you. Our team is available from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) during the weekday at 1300 30 70 37.

Very unreliable water heater like most modern bosch products.

Main problems are the diaphragm and the hydro generator unit. The diaphragm will need regular replacement. Probably every 3 years For those who OFTEN have no hot water suspect diaphragm has a VERY small hole in it. If no hot water suspect the hydro generator unit. They are both easy to test and replace. Sure if both need replacement and you need a gas engineer to install bite the bullet and install a new not bosch unit. If repaired and setup correctly you will get constant temp hot water every time. I don't think most engineers have a clue about these heaters.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Disappointed

DisappointedMelbourne

Useless

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Brian

Brianasked

How to turn on and ignite a Bosch Hydropower 16 HWS ?

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Brain, if your unit is struggling to ignite please turn off all hot water taps an try again. If the unit still doesn't work, you'll need to isolate the valves at the unit for 20 seconds, then open the valves and try again.

If after all this, the unit still isn't igniting, could you kindly get in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM to 6PM (AEDT) on a weekday, and we'll get you in touch with an approved service agent.

Paul C.

Paul C.asked

Piezo not sparking

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Paul, if your unit isn't sparking you'll need to first turn off all your hot water taps and try again. If after this, the unit still doesn't work, isolate the valves at the unit for 20 seconds, then open and retry.

If after this, the unit still isn't igniting, please get in contact with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM and 6PM (AEDT) so that we can get you in touch with a qualified service agent.

Wayne

Wayneasked

Purchased 08/2012, have already replaced the diaphragm twice. (Part # 1318116)
Now the unit will start, heat and operated for only a few minutes, Max 5, before the gas shuts down and flames out. Will restart but goes out after 10 -15 seconds. What is my next [art to replace. Wayne

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Wayne, could you kindly get in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM to 6PM (AEDT) on a weekday, so we can better assist you with replacing parts for your unit.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives