2.3

Anonymous buyer of 10P
Anonymous buyer of 10PPerth, WA
  Verified 10P

10P HWS pilot light issues

Young widow and novice to home maintenance now my HWS burnt out and I replaced it with the same 10P. House was vacant for 3 months and gas was turned off. Tried to light the HWS on my 10P and no luck after hours of trying. Due to financial difficulties I have to a boil a kettle for a bath each day.
Very disappointed especially when Bosch products are very highly rated. Show details
Peter KothsteinPerth, WA7 posts

Bosch 10p Reliable Hot Water for over 30 years

Bosch 10p Reliable Hot Water for over 30 years
Replacement of a water wizard 600 changeover completely in sync

Top appliance for single bathroom dwellings and most used Make and model in Western Australia popular with State Housing Commission trading as Homeswest. Show details

John R.
John R.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Verified 10P
ShanPerth, WA21 posts
  10P

The worst hot water system ever made

The worst unit. If you want unreliable hot water buy one of these. Absolute rubbish
TSL3
TSL3Perth, WA7 posts
  16P

Solid unit - lasted 22 years

I had to service it a couple of times.
But lasted 22 years. Maybe a bit old now, but i got another to replace it like for like.
Saved me putting in power and paying for additional plumbing for a newer system.
Not as efficient as newer models. But saved me $500+ dollars for now. Show details
Shane Tyrrell3 posts

Absolute pain

I have spent so much money trying to fix this piece of rubbish
I could have brought a new hot water unit. The Pilot light won’t stay on, the ignition doesn’t work and water temp is inconsistent. When I replace it I will not be a Bosch. Show details
Cam
CamSouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts

Bad product

Pilot light often goes out during inclement weather. Thermocouple keeps wearing out and is expensive to replace ($100). Currently (2021) can't find a replacement part anywhere in Brisbane. Time to replace it altogether. Show details
Yannick D.
Yannick D.2 posts

Garbage Pilot

-Decent output: can cope with two long showers in a row
-Temperature fluctuates often, meaning constant adjustment are required
-Pilot light goes out at the faintest suggestion of a storm (in Perth, where storms are very minor)
-Re-lighting the pilot takes many attempts, as the gas output on pilot seems to be very weak Show details
Julie H
Julie HPerth, WA2 posts

Value for Money!

We had this hot water system installed by Ember Plumbing yesterday replacing an existing Bosch 10p which was over 14 years old. Cant complain with the old Bosch system lasting over 14 years. Value for money in mine and my hubbies option and fingers crossed we get another 14 years. Show details ·  1
Steve
StevePerth2 posts
  10P

Worst hot water system on the market

Every time we turn a tap on, no matter how close to the system, about 2 minutes of water goes down the drain before it is hot. After continuous issues with the pilot light going out, the ignitor button eventually stopped working completely, we enquired to get it fixed and were told it would be almost cheaper to replace the unit than have 1 button repaired. So i manually lit it for the next 15-20 times before all the buttons stopped working. Now i can manually light the pilot light but the gas-on button wont stay on. If someone recommends this product, dont listen to them, do not buy this product.

Show details

Giles
GilesAdelaide,South Australia
CLB
CLB3 posts
  10P

Buyer be aware all made in China

Yet to find out how these hot water heaters measure up... thought they were made in Australia as before under licence. Australian made lasted twenty years plus...and very reliable... the outside packaging very misleading mentioning Germany and Gb Technologies... nowhere on the outside packaging does it say made in China... you have to look on the inside compliance plate to find this out. Not even on the Bosch website does it mention where they are made... Buyer be aware you are not buying a German product even the insides look very different than past models...

Show details

Ivy M.
Ivy M.Perth4 posts
  16P
Harry
Harry

Don't buy one

This is the first time I have felt strongly enough to write a review to help others. After another visit by the after hours plumber -

This is my second bosch of this type. Both have had the same issues starting in the first 12 months. Regularly not having hotwater is not nice. The parts don't last long, the pilot light goes out, the buttons get stuck so you cannot operate the unit, hotwater takes a long time to come through and the water cycles through hot and cold - even with the water saver removed in the shower head (they say it causes the hot cold cycling), wd40 to get the off button to unstick. The plumber had to really talk me into the replacing the last bosch with the current 10P and I hate to think what it has cost me.

Davida
Davida
  10P

Good product, cheap and reliable

we have two models the 10P and the 16P they lasted about 12 years each and we have replaced them with the same products. The heaters are located directly outside where they are need and the hot water flows almost instantaneously. no power connection required, so you have hot water when there is a power cut. my only criticism is that they quite deep and stick out from the wall - could be wider and less protruding. effective reliable and good value.

Show reply

Nicko
Nicko · Pilot Ignition 16P

I recently had a Bosch 16P Pilot Ignition Hot Water System installed at my residence. But soon after the installation I noticed the temperature to be excessive. I contacted the plumber to ask if I could adjust the temperature and he said "NO", I would not be able to adjust the water temperature. I was able to adjust the temperature with my previous Bosch 10P Pilot Ignition Hot Water System. Can someone please let me know what is the process from here so I that would be able to adjust the water temperature.

Shan

Under the cover there is a heater dial to adjust temperature

Denise V.
Denise V. · Bosch Pilot Ignition

I have a bosch 10p ,pilot light flame is working but system does not ignight and start up when a water tap is turned on, we have had a extra vanity tap installed could this be caused by pressure thankyou

Judy G.
Judy G. · Bosch Pilot Ignition

the buttons are stiff can't push them

Shane Tyrrell

Judy, check page 17 on the link below. You have to push the buttons together to ignite.
Cheers Shane