Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU

• Internal Layout
bkm

bkmMelbourne

Basic model yet efficient

I do not pre-rinse my dishes and I use the quick rinse cycle often. I’m very happy with my purchase. It’s not one of the high end Bosch models however it does the job for me.

Purchased in September 2020 at The Good Guys for A$799.00.

Jeff H.

Jeff H.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Good value for money simple dishwasher!

Well satisfied to date, just 3 months old. If it needs any servicing before 2 years, I'll change my review. We rinse a little, use powder, no rinse aid, washes very well 99% of the time if you understand how to load it properly it does the job. I've cleaned it once/month & it's never been clogged, so just 3 times. Yes the dishes are often still wet, but leave the door open & dishes dry within an hour. What do people expect for the money. It is the same size as our last dishwasher, but allows much bigger pots & pans a Tardis!

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$598.00.

Kevin Franklin

This is a seriously good dishwasher

This dishwasher is perfect for us because it has to be quite close to where we watch tv and it is so quiet we don’t know it’s going. We scrape the large deposits off the dishes then if necessary use the 15 minute rinse cycle. It is easy to use. Our only criticism of it, and this is annoying, is that you have to manually set it to dry the dishes properly and it doesn’t always retain the setting. Why build a dishwasher that doesn’t dry the dishes by default? Apart from that we can’t fault it. And it handles a full load on the 59 minute cycle so is very economical, and the filters are very easy to remove and clean . Highly recommended.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$799.00.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

LX Y.Sydney, NSW

leave bitter tastes on everything!!!

I have used this for a few months, very disappointed. I tried different brands of dishwashing powder, the bitter taste remains no matter which cycle I choose. The taste won't go, even though I run the machine again without powder. Only the weakest powder can be rinsed off, but the plates will not be properly cleaned.

Purchased in November 2019.

Nuwan

NuwanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great machine for great price

Best brand and good model for a great price. Would be much better if it had a display. But, still works fine. Energy and water efficient quite operation. Value for money.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$601.00.

Barry

BarryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rusting stainless steel door & cheap nasty plastic control panel

Shaxpier

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Simple Honest Dishwasher

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$595.00.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Watch for RCD tripping

We have one of these and the Dishwasher trips the RCD and cuts the power to the house. It appears to be related to the water heater. Would prefer others.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$800.00.

Hi _,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Ning L.

Ning L.South East Queensland, QLD

Wrong manual, not drying.

The manual is not for this model, however try to figure out by common sense, still hard to get because the bottom is not in the manual. It is quiet, clean just ok, but always wet. Disappointing on Bosch.

Purchased in January 2020 at Goodguy for A$670.00.

Hi Ning L,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dishwasher.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

mightymouse57

mightymouse57Sydney, NSW

Probably a good product but comes with poor instructions

Purchased in December 2019.

Hi Mightymouse,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with installing your dishwasher.
If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

Yvonne

YvonnePerth, WA

Bosch dishwasher service.

Twice now we have to wait a week for someone to
Help with solving a problem with the dishwasher. Two days and all over the world to get some sort solution. Other brand we had were out the next day.

Purchased in June 2019.

MaskGirl

MaskGirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy This Dishwasher

i have had this dishwasher for 2 years and it has completely stopped washing all my dishes. I've cleaned it, removed the arms and done everything. I have been exclusively using the hot cycle, i've been rinsing dishes before washing and still the machine does nothing! Do not waste your money on this.

Purchased in November 2017.

ChrisN

ChrisNSydney, NSW

Cleans my dishes

Good dishwasher that cleans my dishes. First time owner of dishwasher, so unable to comment on how this compares. Seems to clean my dishes well, easy to use and have not had any issues with the dishwasher for over 8 months of use. No need to scrape clean dishes before cleaning, But I find that I can save time with basic cycle if I do rinse first. Stacking dishes seems pretty simple as well. No smell if follow instructions of manual.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for A$849.00.

Paula P.

Paula P.

Love my dishwasher it’s amazingly very quiet

The perfect quiet and throughly quick or slow hot or warm water for that extra shine or sparkle of the dishes. This dishwasher is really easy to clean but rarely needs it done . If it needs any fixing or adjusting anywhere that is also incredible easy.

Purchased in November 2013 at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

Ruby

RubySouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s perfect as it’s our first dishwasher at home

As a first user I am very satisfied of the product and I put the dishes after I scrape them.and the dishwasher is still same as when when we first uses it..so I am very please to recommend it because it really helps me keep me saving my time up washing the dishes..

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for A$644.00.

JENNYALICE

JENNYALICENorth Queensland, QLD

Do not buy

I bought this dishwasher just over 2 years ago. After about a year the tablets stopped dissolving and glasses all had to be hand washed afterwards. I rang Bosch and they told me to clean the arms, but it has made no difference. No it isn’t cleaning at all and just runs the water through. Very disappointing

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys.

Joe A.

Joe A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Plastic base cracked through

It's a very average dishwasher, washes are ok when used on the intensive wash, the others are useless, I have had issue with tablets not dissolving and have had to use powder most of the time. The design is so poor that I couldn't fit large plates inside, and the basket cannot be adjusted.

Worst part is a knife dropped though and it cracked the base so me almost new dishwasher is now siliconed together while I buy a new one.

Purchased in March 2019 at Powerland for A$669.00.

Robin

RobinDarling Downs, QLD

Great Dishwasher

This dishwasher was simple to set up and is easy to use. The programs are easy to understand and I have been happy with the cleaning results. I do a mixture if rinsing beforehand and not rinsing. It has never been clogged.

Purchased in December 2013.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Need to re-wash my glasses after each load

When my Bosch diswasher gave up (after only 4 years), I replaced it with the same one as I was so happy with it. Unfortunately, when it arrived, I was disappointed to find that the 'time remaining' feature had been removed from this model and the glass spikes removed from the top shelf. This means that glasses fall over during the wash cycle and I have to rewash them as they are filled with dirty water. Very disappointed. It annoys me to no end to have to hand wash after every load.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$700.00.

Hi Jane O,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having to re wash your glasses. if we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

John Paddington

John PaddingtonPaddington

Same problem e09

Our second Bosch dishwasher both lasted 4 years and then it's either an expensive repair or a new one. I think an expensive dishwasher should last longer than 4 years. Most of the good reviews are only after 2 years or less. While it was working it was ok but we rinse everything and look after it well so we should get a lot more than 4 years use.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Hi John Paddington,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744.