Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU

MPN: SMS40E08AU

• Internal Layout
LX Y.

LX Y.Sydney, NSW

leave bitter tastes on everything!!!

I have used this for a few months, very disappointed. I tried different brands of dishwashing powder, the bitter taste remains no matter which cycle I choose. The taste won't go, even though I run the machine again without powder. Only the weakest powder can be rinsed off, but the plates will not be properly cleaned.

Purchased in November 2019.

Nuwan

NuwanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great machine for great price

Best brand and good model for a great price. Would be much better if it had a display. But, still works fine. Energy and water efficient quite operation. Value for money.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$601.00.

Barry

BarryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rusting stainless steel door & cheap nasty plastic control panel

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Shaxpier

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Simple Honest Dishwasher

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$595.00.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Watch for RCD tripping

We have one of these and the Dishwasher trips the RCD and cuts the power to the house. It appears to be related to the water heater. Would prefer others.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$800.00.

Hi _,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.

Ning L.

Ning L.South East Queensland, QLD

Wrong manual, not drying.

The manual is not for this model, however try to figure out by common sense, still hard to get because the bottom is not in the manual. It is quiet, clean just ok, but always wet. Disappointing on Bosch.

Purchased in January 2020 at Goodguy for A$670.00.

Hi Ning L,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dishwasher.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

mightymouse57

mightymouse57Sydney, NSW

Probably a good product but comes with poor instructions

Purchased in December 2019.

Hi Mightymouse,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with installing your dishwasher.
If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Yvonne

YvonnePerth, WA

Bosch dishwasher service.

Twice now we have to wait a week for someone to
Help with solving a problem with the dishwasher. Two days and all over the world to get some sort solution. Other brand we had were out the next day.

Purchased in June 2019.

MaskGirl

MaskGirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy This Dishwasher

i have had this dishwasher for 2 years and it has completely stopped washing all my dishes. I've cleaned it, removed the arms and done everything. I have been exclusively using the hot cycle, i've been rinsing dishes before washing and still the machine does nothing! Do not waste your money on this.

Purchased in November 2017.

ChrisN

ChrisNSydney, NSW

Cleans my dishes

Good dishwasher that cleans my dishes. First time owner of dishwasher, so unable to comment on how this compares. Seems to clean my dishes well, easy to use and have not had any issues with the dishwasher for over 8 months of use. No need to scrape clean dishes before cleaning, But I find that I can save time with basic cycle if I do rinse first. Stacking dishes seems pretty simple as well. No smell if follow instructions of manual.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for A$849.00.

Paula P.

Paula P.

Love my dishwasher it’s amazingly very quiet

The perfect quiet and throughly quick or slow hot or warm water for that extra shine or sparkle of the dishes. This dishwasher is really easy to clean but rarely needs it done . If it needs any fixing or adjusting anywhere that is also incredible easy.

Purchased in November 2013 at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

Ruby

RubySouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s perfect as it’s our first dishwasher at home

As a first user I am very satisfied of the product and I put the dishes after I scrape them.and the dishwasher is still same as when when we first uses it..so I am very please to recommend it because it really helps me keep me saving my time up washing the dishes..

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for A$644.00.

JENNYALICE

JENNYALICENorth Queensland, QLD

Do not buy

I bought this dishwasher just over 2 years ago. After about a year the tablets stopped dissolving and glasses all had to be hand washed afterwards. I rang Bosch and they told me to clean the arms, but it has made no difference. No it isn’t cleaning at all and just runs the water through. Very disappointing

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys.

Joe A.

Joe A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Plastic base cracked through

It's a very average dishwasher, washes are ok when used on the intensive wash, the others are useless, I have had issue with tablets not dissolving and have had to use powder most of the time. The design is so poor that I couldn't fit large plates inside, and the basket cannot be adjusted.

Worst part is a knife dropped though and it cracked the base so me almost new dishwasher is now siliconed together while I buy a new one.

Purchased in March 2019 at Powerland for A$669.00.

Robin

RobinDarling Downs, QLD

Great Dishwasher

This dishwasher was simple to set up and is easy to use. The programs are easy to understand and I have been happy with the cleaning results. I do a mixture if rinsing beforehand and not rinsing. It has never been clogged.

Purchased in December 2013.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Need to re-wash my glasses after each load

When my Bosch diswasher gave up (after only 4 years), I replaced it with the same one as I was so happy with it. Unfortunately, when it arrived, I was disappointed to find that the 'time remaining' feature had been removed from this model and the glass spikes removed from the top shelf. This means that glasses fall over during the wash cycle and I have to rewash them as they are filled with dirty water. Very disappointed. It annoys me to no end to have to hand wash after every load.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$700.00.

Hi Jane O,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having to re wash your glasses. if we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

John Paddington

John PaddingtonPaddington

Same problem e09

Our second Bosch dishwasher both lasted 4 years and then it's either an expensive repair or a new one. I think an expensive dishwasher should last longer than 4 years. Most of the good reviews are only after 2 years or less. While it was working it was ok but we rinse everything and look after it well so we should get a lot more than 4 years use.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Hi John Paddington,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

On the scrap heap after 18 months.

What can I say .... After paying well over $1'ooo for our Bosch dishwasher around 18 months ago ..... It may as well go on the scrap heap . It worked really well for the past 18 months and then all of a sudden E09 continued to haunt us. Super Silent 44bd series 6 .

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Hi,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

totallyrecked

totallyreckedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best dishwasher I have ever owned

This has to be the best dishwasher I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few. For the last 10 months, I dont rinse any of the dishes before i put them (well I do scrap any food thats on them off first before putting them in). The cutlery holder is a good size. The dishwasher is able to fit in normal size dinner plates with ease. It is the quietest dishwasher I have ever owed and the water and power consumption is really good too. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jazzmyn H

Jazzmyn HAU

Easy and efficient

The settings and layout are soo simple, I have options to save water and power although it already has a pretty good rating I can modify it anyway. I’ve been using it for about a month and I haven't had to clean it at all yet. My favourite thing is the capsule for the tablet actually stays shut.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

HDD

HDDasked

I am interested in purchasing either Bosch series 2 or Series 4 dishwasher but the height of the opening is only 835mm. Can anyone tell me what the height of the dishwasher is once the top is taken off. Thanks.

Hi HDD,
Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher.
The height for this appliance is actually 845 mm. The height of the dishwasher without the removable top (which is 30 mm on its own), is 815 mm. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Jemm

Jemmasked

Hi I’m trying to find replacement clips for the bottom rack plate holder ( both ends ). I’m unable to find the parts anywhere, can anyone help?

Hi Jemm,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS40E08AU.
Spare parts for our appliances can be purchased directly from us either via our website, https://www.bosch-home.com.au/customer-service/care-protection-and-protection/spare-parts, or by phone(provided below).
With that model, unfortunately the clips are not available separately and can only be purchased as a part of the whole bottom basket, position ID 0720 on the website.

Bruce M.asked

Is there a Rinse Only Program on this Dishwasher?

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS40E08AU.
There is a Pre Rinse program on your appliance. The symbol is shown on page 18 of your user manual. If you don't have it you can download it here: https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/freestanding-dishwashers/dishwasher-60-cm-wide/SMS40E08AU#/Tabs=tab-3185783/

Bruce M.

I think that I did not provide the correct Model No.
The Dishwasher I am referring to is the following--Super Silence 44dB Series 6, so the User Manual you provided me is not the correct one. According to the User Manual that I have applicable to this Model does not spell out if it has a Pre- wash Program. Please tell me where it is if I am wrong and where I can find it.. Thanks for your assistance Regards Bruce

Hi Bruce,
The model number for our appliances are etched into the top of the inside of the door. If you have your user manual for your appliance then the pre-rinse symbol (kind of like a shower) will be on the control panel of your appliance. If it's not spelled out then your appliance probably doesn't have it.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives