Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU

Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU

MPN: SMS40E08AU

Do not buy

I bought this dishwasher just over 2 years ago. After about a year the tablets stopped dissolving and glasses all had to be hand washed afterwards. I rang Bosch and they told me to clean the arms, but it has made no difference. No it isn’t cleaning at all and just runs the water through. Very disappointing

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Hi Jennyalice,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS40R08AU dishwasher. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5150 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Plastic base cracked through

It's a very average dishwasher, washes are ok when used on the intensive wash, the others are useless, I have had issue with tablets not dissolving and have had to use powder most of the time. The design is so poor that I couldn't fit large plates inside, and the basket cannot be adjusted.

Worst part is a knife dropped though and it cracked the base so me almost new dishwasher is now siliconed together while I buy a new one.

Purchased in March 2019 at Powerland for $669.00.

Great Dishwasher

This dishwasher was simple to set up and is easy to use. The programs are easy to understand and I have been happy with the cleaning results. I do a mixture if rinsing beforehand and not rinsing. It has never been clogged.

Purchased in December 2013.

Noise Level
Hi Robin,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher. We're glad to hear that you're finding the appliance easy to use, and that your are happy with the performance. Thank you for sharing your experience. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Need to re-wash my glasses after each load

When my Bosch diswasher gave up (after only 4 years), I replaced it with the same one as I was so happy with it. Unfortunately, when it arrived, I was disappointed to find that the 'time remaining' feature had been removed from this model and the glass spikes removed from the top shelf. This means that glasses fall over during the wash cycle and I have to rewash them as they are filled with dirty water. Very disappointed. It annoys me to no end to have to hand wash after every load.

Purchased in January 2019 for $700.00.

Internal Layout
Hi Jane O,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having to re wash your glasses. if we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Same problem e09

Our second Bosch dishwasher both lasted 4 years and then it's either an expensive repair or a new one. I think an expensive dishwasher should last longer than 4 years. Most of the good reviews are only after 2 years or less. While it was working it was ok but we rinse everything and look after it well so we should get a lot more than 4 years use.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Hi John Paddington, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher. Please contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

On the scrap heap after 18 months.

What can I say .... After paying well over $1'ooo for our Bosch dishwasher around 18 months ago ..... It may as well go on the scrap heap . It worked really well for the past 18 months and then all of a sudden E09 continued to haunt us. Super Silent 44bd series 6 .

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

The best dishwasher I have ever owned

This has to be the best dishwasher I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few. For the last 10 months, I dont rinse any of the dishes before i put them (well I do scrap any food thats on them off first before putting them in). The cutlery holder is a good size. The dishwasher is able to fit in normal size dinner plates with ease. It is the quietest dishwasher I have ever owed and the water and power consumption is really good too. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Totallyrecker, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. Thank you for recommending Bosch. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Easy and efficient

The settings and layout are soo simple, I have options to save water and power although it already has a pretty good rating I can modify it anyway. I’ve been using it for about a month and I haven't had to clean it at all yet. My favourite thing is the capsule for the tablet actually stays shut.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Jazzmyn H, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Best ever

Had this for coming up to a year. Had another well know 2 draw dishwasher prior to this. That was useless. This is in a different league. Adequate for a family of four. Great loading space. Great washing of dishes too. Also drys very well too. Went for the bosch for the german engineering side of things. So far so good. Trouble free. 10 out of 10 from me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Andrew, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

My second machine in 5 years,

bought this dishwasher because my previous one is sounding so noisy and grumpy,it's in perfect condition other wise,clean and cared for,being a mechanic and engineer,I know when machinery is about to die,bought a replacement,only for the price and my mate has a van and picked it up for me,,,,hope my clothes washing machine doesn't go this way too,bosch,,not too sure ,made in turkey?

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Billy, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. If we can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Hi,so many thank's,the machine is now on my driveway awaiting the scrap iron guy,guess everything is throw away,no problems at all ,thank you for your interest,END of subject.

Works Perfectly

This is a great dishwasher, it might not be the highest in the range but it's very effective and quiet too. It allows for larger plates to fit in the bottom shelf and the top shelf has good size proportion, the results are excellent every time and especially like the VarioSpeed function. I personally just use the auto setting on most cycles as this seems to do the job well. Not sure why the dishwasher is advertised as 'anti-fingerprint stainless steel finish' as it always accumulates fingerprints, anyway not a big deal. Would recommend this dishwasher.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Jamie, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're getting excellent results. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Brand new with mould growth inside

Bought a brand new SMS40E08AU but delivered with mould growth inside the dishwasher. BOSCH says they tested every unit at their factory. But not a good excuse to let it be wet inside and let mould growing inside. Hard to get rid of the mould once they are inside. Can spread to seal etc. It's also a health concern.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Kampua, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH3202 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Last Bosch appliance I will buy

Like other reviewers I have found this Bosch dishwasher works really well...for about 2 years. After this the dishwasher is now constantly flooding and the drain pump doesn't empty the dishwasher. There is a simple hack involving removing the water,cleaning the filter, taking the dishwasher out from its built it position and tilting it to reset the drain. About an hour or so to do. Saves on service calls but to be honest I have had two Fisher and Paykel and one AEG dishwashers before that NEVER flooded. There are better machines than this out there.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Hi Otis Kahibah, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher

I purchased this item from Appliances online for my brother and I received the Dishwasher the next day.

We could not use the dishwasher due to a Fault with the Rinse Aid reservoir. I poured in the rinse aid and at the same time it was pouring out of the back of the plastic reservoir. Appliances online had a new replacement unit the next day.

I told Bosch that I would not accept a technician repair as I did not pay for a faulty item. I also told bosch customer service to sort out their quality control issues.

This SMS40E08AU machine is actually made in Hungary now. I am very concerned regarding the quality control of the dishwashers built in other Countries instead of Germany .I do feel the Quality control needs to be improved for customer satisfaction in the future.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Simon4222, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very Quiet

Very happy with this dishwasher. Cleans well and is quiet. Took a while to get used to as we had our last dishwasher for 16 years but it is easy to use and everything comes out sparkling. We mostly use the quick wash cycle but it's also great on pots and pans.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Jodie V., Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great value for money

Very happy with this dishwasher. Purchased through appliances online. It does everything it claims too. It doesn’t have a digital dial, but I don’t think that effects it’s functionality. Dishes always come out clean and dry. Good value for money, definitely recommend if you don’t want to fork out a fortune.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Kaikai, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you'd recommend this model to others. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Does a great job

Best dishwasher I have owned. Super effective every time. Not fancy, but definitely gets the dishes clean and does a great job on greasy pots and pans. Can be a bit noisy, and does not show how long remaining on the cycle, but if you don't need those functions then this one is awesome.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Jason, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. We're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Totally satisfying and recommendable!

Don’t have to worry about utensils anymore! Cleans so well that never have to look back without making any noises. Different features including rapid wash and will definitely recommend others as I already have got it for my other friends who just got their house built. Cleans every bit with no doubt!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Moxil, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're really happy to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great while it worked

This dishwasher worked really well and I loved it, but only lasted 3 years and after paying a lot for a call out technician I was advised the Powerboard in the machine was dead. Total costs to fix (parts, labour and original call out fee) went above the cost of a new dishwasher.
Disappointed that a reputable brand dishwasher would only last 3 years (and of course was out of warranty). Same thing happened to my friend (we bought them at the same time) so I won't buy this brand again even though all my kitchen appliances are Bosch. :(

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Hi Tracey, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher We'd like to help you so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH2185 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bullet proof

I've owned and installed 2 of these in separate houses. Ran them on average 4-5 times per week for years and not once did they not wash perfectly. Glassware always came out gleaming. Onto my 3rd in a new home. For the price they are excellent value for.oney. No blockages or blown hoses.Surprisingly quiet and not intrusive. Have bought from Good Guys and Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Richard, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.