Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers Questions & Answers

SMU66MS02A, SPU68M05AU, SMV66MX01A, etc...

22 questions from our users

Dave
Daveasked
Serie 6 SMP66MX03A

Is it possible to have the time remaining display when the machine is running, and not just when the door is open?

Annoying to have to open the door and interrupt the wash cycle to see when it’s going to finish.

This model doesn’t have TimeLight, only that red dot to show it’s on...

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Ring them if important

Shane F
Shane Fasked
Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I am very happy with the dishwasher except that it did not come with a kickplate. The item was a display unit at David Jones, and I thought it was complete. Is this something I need to purchase separately?

David B
David Basked
Serie 6 SMP66MX02A

Looking at SMU66MS02A and SMP66MX01A.
Although Bosch Spec Sheets state both have same Wash Programs and Options some supplier websites state SMP66MX01A has a Rinse Mode which the other doesn't. Is that correct?
Also, is either or both delivered with a Kick Panel? And if so what is height of the standard Kick Panel?

Corey T.
Corey T.

Hi David. I’m not to sure about the cycles on the dishwashers as neither of these are the one I own.
I know that they come with the kick panel when they are built in which both these units are.
The unit washes and dries amazingly but their rack system could do with tweaking as far as cup rack levels are to narrow
And unless you have really flat plates you can only use every second plate space on the lower rack at the back. Hasn’t really been that much of an issue for us,

Hi David B,
Thanks for your question.
SMU66MS02A -
Grey in colour
Net weight 40.375
Drying progress indicator is - Time remaining indicator front, water inlet,
Program duration - 90-160
SMP66MX01A-
Black in colour
Net weight 40.875
Drying progress indicator is - end of program audible, infolight red, time remaining indicator, internal, water inlet
Program duration - 105-175
You can refer to our product compare on our website-

Bradley C
Bradley Casked
Serie 6 SMU66MS02A

Hi. Have a new Dishwasher. All good with the install and operation. I have an installation with the legs at the maximum. The stainless kick board plate is too short/ small to be flush with the floor. I have contacted bosch and they don't have varied sizes to purchase!!! A tad annoyed that they state they do.

Hi Bradley C,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dishwasher
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11613 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Henry  11
Henry 11asked

Do any Bosch dishwasher series 6 have side panels freestanding

Hi Henry 11,
Thanks for your question. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10873 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Mark M.asked
Serie 6 SMU66JS01A

how come this dishwasher doesn't come with the top and side panels when it's installed under the bench?? the images imply it has all panels on the website and there is nothing that indicates it won't come with those panels if it's purchased for under the bench installation.!!! fighting with harvey norman at the moment re this discrepancy that we were NOT advised about!

Cheryl
Cheryl

Not sure. Contact Bosch or right a review and they will ring you.

MarkMelbourne
MarkMelbourne

Built in dishwashers don't come with side panels. The one's that do are called free standing. Neither HN or Bosch websites show this model with side panels ... as they don't exist. I don't think you can blame anyone else for your personal misunderstanding here.

Mark M.

FYI, ‘free-standing’, ‘underbench’, ‘integrated’, etc, I know, however Bosch website & Harvey Norman do not state specifically that under bench dishwashers don’t have side panels (which I should’ve been somehow aware of?!?). Harvey Norman display model does which was confirmed with Bosch!!! Thank you Cheryl for your supportive advice. Perhaps MarkMelbourne should invest in developing resistance to arrogantly trying to ‘blame’ someone and focus more on resolution due to inaccurate and ambiguous detail that is being displayed on websites that misleads consumers.

Thank you for your input MarkMelbourne...

Kevin G.
Kevin G.asked
Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I have just had the bosc h sms66mi02a derlivered. It wont fit under my bench with the top on so i took it off. Now it is too low and there is a gap at the top. I know you can adjust the front legs but do the back ones adjust as well. Any other suggestions to fix the gap?.. also where is the rubber strip that is suppose to go under the front kick plate found as it was not in the box. Thanks.

1098S
1098S

This is not a ready made under-bench dishwasher, so you have really created your own difficulties. The installation instructions should cover whether the back legs are adjustable - typically they are not as there is no need for them to be. The rubber apron is only included depending on the functions of your model - see "contents of package" in your user manual. Best of luck.

Kirk L.asked
Serie 6 SMV66MX01A

Just bought fully integrated model and seems to do a good job cleaning the dishes (which I guess is the main point!). But I wish I'd double checked the height spec as there's a full 60mm gap under my standard height benchtop.
However, the issue I have however is with the so-called Etagere - the little plastic folding shelves on the right side, at the top of the upper drawer. They are far too low to put even small glasses under, and even with the drawer positioned at the very top setting there is so much clearance above (another 80mm) that the don’t effectively support the stems of standard wine glasses. It effectively reduces capacity by a whole row.
I don’t want to sound pedantic but I just cant imagine that after 50 years of dishwasher design development the Germans didn’t sort this out. I checked the manual and it clearly shows that there are 3 different height settings for the Etagere but I guess the model we got SMV66JX01A doesn't have that as mine definitely aren’t adjustable. All it took was another wire at a different height and they could have easily been moved, but the top wire is too thick.
What I’m asking is there any way I can order 2 of the adjustable Etageres like in the manual. As it’s just a cheap piece of plastic, I cant understand why ours didn’t come with it...

Redman
Redman

Hi I have a slightly different version to you smu66ms02a/51. From the concrete slab to the underside of my bench top is 880mm. I was able to adjust it hard up under bench top. In the instructions is a measurement with a illustration of minimum/maximum space sizes. Or you could put timber packers underneath the feet. As for glasses I can fit 180mm high glasses in the middle draw(on the lowest adjustment) with clearance from the cutlery draw. Mine also came with a wine glass holder which only holds 3 glasses. You place it on the bottom draw. Maybe contact Bosch or get the people you purchased it from to find out extras. I found there were so many different versions and some exclusive to some retailers, so I recommend going to as many different retailers to find the best to suit next time.

Kirk L.

yes, thanks for the info about the height. I can probably lift up or fill the gap but still lose that bit of space (that my old one had). Its so hard to choose and unless you take your glasses with you and try stacking it's really impossible to be sure ahead of using it at home. I chose to go with experts recommendation as I know from experience I could spend days comparing and still not get the right combination of options. I'm just surprised that they don't make the cheap plastic things with some versatility. It's just a simple mold. they could even provide 3 different types and it wouldn't cost them a thing.
PS, mine doesnt have a cutlery drawer (basket instead), hence the gap above. You'd think they'd take that into account.

Doreenrunner
Doreenrunner

I put a solid piece of wood under the diswasher to install it to lift the diswashe to our bench.

Launchmoreasked
Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers

Our new kitchen will have 950mm bench tops. How much height can we get with the legs?

Hi,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
Our dishwashers reach a height of 865mm with the feet fully extended.

Thank you.

Ngọc Hà L.
Ngọc Hà L.asked
Serie 6 SMU66JS01A

You - 9:13 AM
I bought a Bosch dishwasher series 6, can I remove the top cover because it is a little bit higher than my space?

Hi Ngoc,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMU66JS01A.
There is no top on this appliance to be removed. The minimum height this appliance can be is 815mm as per the installation manual. This is by lowering the feet of the appliance.

Sessa
Sessaasked
Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Can the Bosch SMP66MX01A under bench dishwasher attach to side wall of cabinets (if you can't attach to under counter)?

Hi Sessa,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMP66MX01A.
Both these options are available. If you want to attach to the benchtop then an additional spare part is needed and can be purchased from our customer service line.

Renovator G
Renovator Gasked
Serie 6 SMV66MX01A

I’m tossing up between the SMV66MX01A, the SMV66JX01A, and the Series 4 SMV46GX01A.

I noticed the answer above about the difference between the first two, but how do they compare with the Series 4 SMV46GX01A? Apart from energy efficient and water use, is there a difference in features and performance? Thanks!

Giri

Hi Renovator G,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
You can compare them here: https://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/page_rep_product_compare for specifics but the Series 4 is less water efficient and has different materials for the door and the base and different programs.

neederman
needermanasked

What is the difference between SMP66MX01A AND SMU66MS02A

Hi neederman,
Thanks for the question regarding Bosch dishwashers.
You can go to https://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/page_rep_product_compare to check specifically but to start, the location of the controls, the way the appliances indicate the end of the cycle (SMP66MX01A is an audible signal, SMU66MS02A is just visual), and the SMP66MX01A has a red light that shines on the floor to indicate it is running.

Sebasked
Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I'm wondering if it is normal to have the door panel warm during wash? when I use 65 degrees, it is quite warm and don't think it is safe.

Hi Seb,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMP66MX01A.
The hot water will definitely warm the front door to a degree. If you feel it is unsafe all we can suggest is arranging a service call. If the appliance is operating normally it would not be covered under any warranty though.

Seb

Sure, I have a friend who also use the same type but she normally uses the eco mode. I'll wait for her to try. Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Ray Wasked

What is the difference between the MX01A and the JX01A

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMV66MX01A / SMV66JX01A dishwasher.
SMV66MX01A has a cutlery drawer together with the cutlery basket and has 12 litres water consumption per wash and 235kWh energy consumption per year, based on Eco 45°C program.
SMV66JX01A does not have the cutlery drawer however has the cutlery basket and has 11 litres water consumption per wash and 220kWh energy consumption per year, based on Eco 45°C program.
The full specifications for each model can be located on our Bosch website https://www.bosch-home.com.au/

Ray W

Thanks for your reply that certainly clears it up - can you tell me are they both German made?

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMV66MX01A / SMV66JX01A dishwashers.
Both these models country of origin is Germany.

Rozasked
Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers

Is the Serie 6 SMV66MX01A under bench? If not which Serie 6 is?
We have just had old dishwasher removed as no parts available now (DeDietrich) which had a kickboard at the base

T1NT1N
T1NT1N

I believe that model is fully integrated which means it is under bench with a snug fit. It may also have the control buttons concealed along the top. If buying to slide into an existing gap I would check the technical information and dimensions with care. This dishwasher most likely has no ‘shell’ as such just the insulation so it needs to be under bench and seals along the edges at the front. The Bosch we have came with a kickboard and I believe the installer said you could get different height kickboard panels. They just needed requested from Bosch - so one is included but other options can be requested. Hope that helps.

Hi Roz,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMV66MX01A Dishwasher.
This model is fully integrated and can fit under bench therefore will require a cabinet maker to design a front door panel and kickboard to match with your cabinets.

Roz

Thank you TinTin for your info and Thank you Bosch for yours. That clears up a question for me. We have not purchased as yet and with the existing space I do not want added cost of cabinetry having to be made.

BobM
BobMasked

Hi Bosch,
Q1 - We currently have a Bosch SMU68M05AU. Which current model supersedes the Bosch SMU68M05AU or is most like the Bosch SMU68M05AU ?
Q2 - Can't find the "Add to Product" comparison feature on your website?
Regards Bob

BobM
BobMasked
Serie 6 SMU66MS01A

What is the difference between a Bosch SMU66MS01A and a Bosch SMU66MS02A ?
Does the Bosch SMU66MS02A supersede the Bosch SMU66MS01A.
Regards Bob

Hi BobM,
Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch dishwashers.
The main difference between the two models is the different programmes they offer.
The SMU66MS02A offers Economy, Glass, Quick wash, whilst SMU66MS01A offers Auto 45-65°C, Auto 65-75°C, Economy, Quick wash, Super.If you would like to compare the two models side by side, you can do this using our comparison feature found on our website. Once online you can view our range of models by simply ticking the box 'Add to Product Compare'(found underneath the pricing of each model). From there you can choose to compare the features of up to 4 products at a time. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Peter3333
Peter3333asked
Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Hi. Have a new Dishwasher. All good with the install and operation. I have an installation with the legs at the maximum. The stainless kick board plate is too short/ small to be flish with the floor. Given the spec sheet states the unit fits a range of heights, should the kick board/ plate do the same?

Hi Peter3333,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMP66MX01A Dishwasher.
The kickplate is a standard size and won't fit all bench heights, you can purchase different sized kickers from us directly or have one made to fit your kitchen.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.

AJ