Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers Questions & Answers

SMU66MS02A, SMV66MX01A, SPU68M05AU, etc...

18 questions from our users

Henry  11

Henry 11asked

Do any Bosch dishwasher series 6 have side panels freestanding

Hi Henry 11,
Thanks for your question. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10873 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Mark M.asked

Serie 6 SMU66JS01A

how come this dishwasher doesn't come with the top and side panels when it's installed under the bench?? the images imply it has all panels on the website and there is nothing that indicates it won't come with those panels if it's purchased for under the bench installation.!!! fighting with harvey norman at the moment re this discrepancy that we were NOT advised about!

Cheryl
Cheryl

Not sure. Contact Bosch or right a review and they will ring you.

MarkMelbourne
MarkMelbourne

Built in dishwashers don't come with side panels. The one's that do are called free standing. Neither HN or Bosch websites show this model with side panels ... as they don't exist. I don't think you can blame anyone else for your personal misunderstanding here.

Mark M.

FYI, ‘free-standing’, ‘underbench’, ‘integrated’, etc, I know, however Bosch website & Harvey Norman do not state specifically that under bench dishwashers don’t have side panels (which I should’ve been somehow aware of?!?). Harvey Norman display model does which was confirmed with Bosch!!! Thank you Cheryl for your supportive advice. Perhaps MarkMelbourne should invest in developing resistance to arrogantly trying to ‘blame’ someone and focus more on resolution due to inaccurate and ambiguous detail that is being displayed on websites that misleads consumers.

Thank you for your input MarkMelbourne...

Kevin G.

Kevin G.asked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I have just had the bosc h sms66mi02a derlivered. It wont fit under my bench with the top on so i took it off. Now it is too low and there is a gap at the top. I know you can adjust the front legs but do the back ones adjust as well. Any other suggestions to fix the gap?.. also where is the rubber strip that is suppose to go under the front kick plate found as it was not in the box. Thanks.

1098S
1098S

This is not a ready made under-bench dishwasher, so you have really created your own difficulties. The installation instructions should cover whether the back legs are adjustable - typically they are not as there is no need for them to be. The rubber apron is only included depending on the functions of your model - see "contents of package" in your user manual. Best of luck.

Kirk L.asked

Serie 6 SMV66MX01A

Just bought fully integrated model and seems to do a good job cleaning the dishes (which I guess is the main point!). But I wish I'd double checked the height spec as there's a full 60mm gap under my standard height benchtop.
However, the issue I have however is with the so-called Etagere - the little plastic folding shelves on the right side, at the top of the upper drawer. They are far too low to put even small glasses under, and even with the drawer positioned at the very top setting there is so much clearance above (another 80mm) that the don’t effectively support the stems of standard wine glasses. It effectively reduces capacity by a whole row.
I don’t want to sound pedantic but I just cant imagine that after 50 years of dishwasher design development the Germans didn’t sort this out. I checked the manual and it clearly shows that there are 3 different height settings for the Etagere but I guess the model we got SMV66JX01A doesn't have that as mine definitely aren’t adjustable. All it took was another wire at a different height and they could have easily been moved, but the top wire is too thick.
What I’m asking is there any way I can order 2 of the adjustable Etageres like in the manual. As it’s just a cheap piece of plastic, I cant understand why ours didn’t come with it...

Redman
Redman

Hi I have a slightly different version to you smu66ms02a/51. From the concrete slab to the underside of my bench top is 880mm. I was able to adjust it hard up under bench top. In the instructions is a measurement with a illustration of minimum/maximum space sizes. Or you could put timber packers underneath the feet. As for glasses I can fit 180mm high glasses in the middle draw(on the lowest adjustment) with clearance from the cutlery draw. Mine also came with a wine glass holder which only holds 3 glasses. You place it on the bottom draw. Maybe contact Bosch or get the people you purchased it from to find out extras. I found there were so many different versions and some exclusive to some retailers, so I recommend going to as many different retailers to find the best to suit next time.

Kirk L.

yes, thanks for the info about the height. I can probably lift up or fill the gap but still lose that bit of space (that my old one had). Its so hard to choose and unless you take your glasses with you and try stacking it's really impossible to be sure ahead of using it at home. I chose to go with experts recommendation as I know from experience I could spend days comparing and still not get the right combination of options. I'm just surprised that they don't make the cheap plastic things with some versatility. It's just a simple mold. they could even provide 3 different types and it wouldn't cost them a thing.
PS, mine doesnt have a cutlery drawer (basket instead), hence the gap above. You'd think they'd take that into account.

Doreenrunner
Doreenrunner

I put a solid piece of wood under the diswasher to install it to lift the diswashe to our bench.

Launchmoreasked

Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers

Our new kitchen will have 950mm bench tops. How much height can we get with the legs?

Hi,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
Our dishwashers reach a height of 865mm with the feet fully extended.

Thank you.

Ngọc Hà L.

Ngọc Hà L.asked

Serie 6 SMU66JS01A

You - 9:13 AM
I bought a Bosch dishwasher series 6, can I remove the top cover because it is a little bit higher than my space?

Hi Ngoc,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMU66JS01A.
There is no top on this appliance to be removed. The minimum height this appliance can be is 815mm as per the installation manual. This is by lowering the feet of the appliance.

Sessa

Sessaasked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Can the Bosch SMP66MX01A under bench dishwasher attach to side wall of cabinets (if you can't attach to under counter)?

Hi Sessa,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMP66MX01A.
Both these options are available. If you want to attach to the benchtop then an additional spare part is needed and can be purchased from our customer service line.

Renovator G

Renovator Gasked

Serie 6 SMV66MX01A

I’m tossing up between the SMV66MX01A, the SMV66JX01A, and the Series 4 SMV46GX01A.

I noticed the answer above about the difference between the first two, but how do they compare with the Series 4 SMV46GX01A? Apart from energy efficient and water use, is there a difference in features and performance? Thanks!

Giri

Hi Renovator G,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
You can compare them here: https://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/page_rep_product_compare for specifics but the Series 4 is less water efficient and has different materials for the door and the base and different programs.

neederman

needermanasked

What is the difference between SMP66MX01A AND SMU66MS02A

Hi neederman,
Thanks for the question regarding Bosch dishwashers.
You can go to https://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/page_rep_product_compare to check specifically but to start, the location of the controls, the way the appliances indicate the end of the cycle (SMP66MX01A is an audible signal, SMU66MS02A is just visual), and the SMP66MX01A has a red light that shines on the floor to indicate it is running.

Sebasked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I'm wondering if it is normal to have the door panel warm during wash? when I use 65 degrees, it is quite warm and don't think it is safe.

Hi Seb,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMP66MX01A.
The hot water will definitely warm the front door to a degree. If you feel it is unsafe all we can suggest is arranging a service call. If the appliance is operating normally it would not be covered under any warranty though.

Seb

Sure, I have a friend who also use the same type but she normally uses the eco mode. I'll wait for her to try. Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Ray Wasked

What is the difference between the MX01A and the JX01A

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMV66MX01A / SMV66JX01A dishwasher.
SMV66MX01A has a cutlery drawer together with the cutlery basket and has 12 litres water consumption per wash and 235kWh energy consumption per year, based on Eco 45°C program.
SMV66JX01A does not have the cutlery drawer however has the cutlery basket and has 11 litres water consumption per wash and 220kWh energy consumption per year, based on Eco 45°C program.
The full specifications for each model can be located on our Bosch website https://www.bosch-home.com.au/

Ray W

Thanks for your reply that certainly clears it up - can you tell me are they both German made?

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMV66MX01A / SMV66JX01A dishwashers.
Both these models country of origin is Germany.

Rozasked

Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers

Is the Serie 6 SMV66MX01A under bench? If not which Serie 6 is?
We have just had old dishwasher removed as no parts available now (DeDietrich) which had a kickboard at the base

T1NT1N
T1NT1N

I believe that model is fully integrated which means it is under bench with a snug fit. It may also have the control buttons concealed along the top. If buying to slide into an existing gap I would check the technical information and dimensions with care. This dishwasher most likely has no ‘shell’ as such just the insulation so it needs to be under bench and seals along the edges at the front. The Bosch we have came with a kickboard and I believe the installer said you could get different height kickboard panels. They just needed requested from Bosch - so one is included but other options can be requested. Hope that helps.

Hi Roz,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMV66MX01A Dishwasher.
This model is fully integrated and can fit under bench therefore will require a cabinet maker to design a front door panel and kickboard to match with your cabinets.

Roz

Thank you TinTin for your info and Thank you Bosch for yours. That clears up a question for me. We have not purchased as yet and with the existing space I do not want added cost of cabinetry having to be made.

BobM

BobMasked

Hi Bosch,
Q1 - We currently have a Bosch SMU68M05AU. Which current model supersedes the Bosch SMU68M05AU or is most like the Bosch SMU68M05AU ?
Q2 - Can't find the "Add to Product" comparison feature on your website?
Regards Bob

BobM

BobMasked

Serie 6 SMU66MS01A

What is the difference between a Bosch SMU66MS01A and a Bosch SMU66MS02A ?
Does the Bosch SMU66MS02A supersede the Bosch SMU66MS01A.
Regards Bob

Hi BobM,
Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch dishwashers.
The main difference between the two models is the different programmes they offer.
The SMU66MS02A offers Economy, Glass, Quick wash, whilst SMU66MS01A offers Auto 45-65°C, Auto 65-75°C, Economy, Quick wash, Super.If you would like to compare the two models side by side, you can do this using our comparison feature found on our website. Once online you can view our range of models by simply ticking the box 'Add to Product Compare'(found underneath the pricing of each model). From there you can choose to compare the features of up to 4 products at a time. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Peter3333

Peter3333asked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Hi. Have a new Dishwasher. All good with the install and operation. I have an installation with the legs at the maximum. The stainless kick board plate is too short/ small to be flish with the floor. Given the spec sheet states the unit fits a range of heights, should the kick board/ plate do the same?

Hi Peter3333,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMP66MX01A Dishwasher.
The kickplate is a standard size and won't fit all bench heights, you can purchase different sized kickers from us directly or have one made to fit your kitchen.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

AJ

AJasked

it for $1099 after cashback till mid April at good guys

AJ

AJasked

Serie 6 SMU66MS01A

which good guys u bought it from?
thanks!

Gdady
Gdady

Osborne Park WA...but the $200 cash back is an offer from Bosch(valid till 8th of April) and they send the money to your bank account.
I also bought it when they had a further in store discount over a weekend which brought it to my "around $900"

kitchenwizz

kitchenwizzasked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I am extremely happy with my new Bosch dishwasher, however, I have the situation where the dishwasher is not full on a daily basis and the dishes become smelly. I have read the manual and there is no rinse cycle, it just suggests to scrape off the larger pieces of food. Can you please offer advice or suggestion as to how to avoid the smelly dishwasher syndrome other then pre-washing them which defeats the purpose of a 'dishwasher'?

Pet_au
Pet_au

I think everyone has the same problem with their dishwasher getting smelly in-between loads. I find that milk from cereal bowls and glasses can go 'off' quickly so sometimes I give them a very brief rinse under the tap to remove excess milk but other that it doesn't worry me too much...but I was actually thinking of trying out a dishwasher deodorizer such as the 'Finish Dishwasher Deodorizer'. However, it gets mixed reviews so not sure on it's effectiveness. But, I will buy it at least once to try for myself. Also, don't forget to clean your filter regularly. The Manual recommends after every load but I doubt if most people would do that. I check it weekly instead but you might want to check/clean yours more often. My machine also has a 'Machine Care' wash option which can be used in conjunction with a dishwasher cleaner. I use the Finish Dishwasher Cleaner and it seems to be ok.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives