Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Ovens

Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Ovens

HBG672BS1A, HBG633BS1A, HBG6753S1A, etc...

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

For many Australians, a wall oven is essential for home cooking. Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. Whether you’re choosing an oven for a new home, renovating your kitchen, or simply upgrading, this buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

3.8

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

AriSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible customer service, avoid these people

We have 2 bosh ovens. After a self clean cycle oven glass cracked. It was hell trying to speak with them. They replied to an email months later saying they tried to contact.they didn't.
Avoid these people
Now they say its out of warantee sorry

Purchased in January 2017 for A$1,200.00.

Ari

Yea just like you said you contacted me.. I won't be holding my breath

Kurian K.

Kurian K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The dial

The oven itself is pretty good but I am sure that dial isnt meant to be that hard to rotate. We bought our house 3 yrs ago and have always had trouble rotating the dial

Product is used Weekly
Lulu75

Lulu75Sydney, NSW

The inside glass panel broke after 2 weeks

Purchased in July 2020 at Appliances Online for A$1,700.00.

Rotary selector

A great oven. Cooks well. Sliding shelves work really well.
The one really difficult and annoying part of the whole oven is the rotary selector. It is really hard to turn and I have arthritis in my hands, which makes it nearly impossible. I really need Bosch to invent a better system that can be installed in all the older models to replace their rotary selectors. Please let us know when you've done this and I'll be the first to trial it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Heathcotes.

cooperplace

cooperplace

I very much regret this purchase.

The control panel is one of the least intuitive ever. You need the instruction book for simple tasks like changing the time. The "rotary selector" -its dial for changing settings is very difficult to rotate and you have to jam your fingernails behind it just right to turn it. Once it's going it's OK. Definitely not recommended. Fix your user interface, Mr Bosch!

Purchased in February 2020.

Hi cooperplace,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your oven.
If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Craig S.

Craig S.Sydney, NSW

Plenty to like. Only one flaw.

Purchased in January 2020 at RetraVision for A$1,798.00.

Very Disappointing for Top Dollar brand

Purchased in March 2018.

Ms Y

Ms YSydney, NSW

We never thought an oven would be as good as this!

This oven has been life changing, we got it installed just after Christmas. I'm excited to cook because I want to make use of all the features. It's got reset programs for baking - we've used the small breads option which turned out pretty good. We've also used the meat probe for our first oven roast in years and it was to perfection. The pyrolysis cleaning option also worked great (after my husband's roast splattered fat all over, it was so easy to clean). We've also used it to incubate our homemade yoghurt overnight and to speed up homemade bread proofing. I love it!

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,659.00.

Touch buttons stopped working

Oven only 1.5 years old and the touch buttons stopped working! Can’t select cooking options. Now need to chase up for repairs. I expect top line over last longer than that and should be fit for purpose! A very dissatisfied owner.

Purchased in November 2018.

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your oven. Please call us on 1300 369 744 and we'll be happy to assist.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Ian
Ian

We have called and you are currently trying to see if you can get a technician to attend as the oven is still under warranties. But the advice we received was that Bosh did not have anyone that services our area?? we are still waiting.

Karren H.Perth, WA

Cleaning Querie

I have had this oven for two months and am still getting used to it after having gas for 20 years but enjoying the learning. I was told when purchasing that the racks could be left in this model while cleaning so paid extra for this particular model for that reason. However I thought I would check user manual and cannot find anything to confirm this. Can someone confirm for me?

Purchased in November 2019 at RetraVision for A$1,715.00.

Karren H.

Thank you. Does this include side bars/rails and runners?

Kamal C.Sydney, NSW

Not heating at all and just sitting there as a showpiece - NSW

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$1,400.00.

Kamal C.

The email has been sent so please review and provide urgent assistance.

DONT BUY A BOSCH oven in WA

Dont buy a Bosch oven in Western Australia.. if it has a problem like the $2000 one I just brought at Good Guys there is basically no avenue for your warranty to be honoured..
Wish I had of brought the Electrolux one instead..I have hit an absolute dead end with Bosch customer service.. no one will come out to look at it or return a call .

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$2,000.00.

Bec

BecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

The self-cleaning option actually cleans. The dough proving option has been fantastic. The built-in meat thermometer is amazing, some of the best roasts we have had in years! There are so many options you really can't make a mistake and when it thinks your food is ready it just stops!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Love love love - easy to use, quick to heat, perfect temperature control and easy to clean

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online.

Product is used Weekly
chris rayeroux

chris rayerouxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

5 stars - pure & simple

5 stars in every aspects including cosmetics, functionality, performance. Heats rapidly, appears to stay clean more so than normal ovens, easy to wipe off & back to new condition. dial function is very handy, modern & different too, than boring dials with numbers. Love it.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,650.00.

Mvaug10

Mvaug10Brisbane

German knowhow

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,499.00.

Paul

PaulSydney

Excellent Oven!

This oven perfectly cooks everything we place in it. To get the best out of it you have to read the user manual and become familiar with its many settings.
The pyrolytic feature is brilliant for cleaning the oven. It leaves a white dust on the sides which you just wipe out once it’s finished cooling down. The oven is extremely quite in its operation as well! Well done Bosch.

Purchased in August 2018 at Appliances Online.

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don’t buy this oven

Purchased in May 2018.

Donald B.

Donald B.

We should have purchased another Brand

The oven is great, Oven appears to cook food evenly the grill is good, the best feature is the rapid heat setting (preheat) that gets the oven up to temperature very quickly, the only reason for the 1 star they do not have a Service Agent in Gippsland where I am located and if it develops a fault it's my problem which has been the issue with a cooktop I purchased at the same time. Bosch don't want to know you when this happens. They don't call back, Customer service is not good. I have been chasing them for weeks.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$1,199.00.

sooz

soozPerth, WA

Love this oven

Easy to use; quick heating; plenty of preset options and easy to set custom settings; even baking at all oven levels using fan bake. Absolutely no complaints and would recommend as a non expensive all rounder without the bells and whistles of steam cooking etc.

Purchased in March 2018 at Winning Appliances for A$1,800.00.

andrew h.asked

Bosch Serie 8

I bought this oven new, in February 2020 and installed March 2020.

1 week ago 3/9/20, I was cooking lunch for the kids, half way through the cooking process, out of know we're the oven stopped working and tripped the circuit breaker. I reset the circuit breaker and the oven kept coming up with a message "close door".

I contacted Bosch customer service and they organised a technician to come Tuesday and look at the oven, the technician diagnosed the fault as an electrical failure in the main circuit board.

The part is nil stock in Australia, I rang Bosch customer service today 10/9/20, the lady that took the call, said the part needs to come from Germany. I enquired when the part might arrive in Australia, the lady said at the moment there was NO expected time of arrival.

My questions are, how long am I expected to live without an oven and what can Bosch Australia do to rectify my concerns?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew H,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10898 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

andrew h.

thanks for your quick response, i have sent an email to socialmedia.au@bshg.com , i look forward to your response.

Regards Andrew

andrew h.

well this started off well, going through product review. I emailed socialmedia.au@bshg.com - someone from Bosch Australia actually called me (bit surprised they actually called, in a good way), the polite lady i spoke with at Bosch organized a tech to come on Thursday to look at the oven.

However, it was a bit like deja vu, the same tech (a nice fellow) came out to look at the oven, he basically told me the same story as when he first came out, nil stock on the part. Here I was all excited thinking that my oven would be fixed and i would be able to use my oven again, only to be let down by Bosch.

To the people at Bosch Australia, i have emailed you on Friday 18/9, could some please get back to me and advise me what is going with this oven.

Regards

Andrew

Myrna McRae

Myrna McRaeasked

Bosch Serie 8

When I am baking I often need to lower the temperature after a certain amount of time. I can turn it down easily but how do I know what the actual temperature of the oven is, ie. how can I tell when and if it has reached the lower temperature?

Hi Myrna McRae,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 please select option 2 for product information. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Myrna McRae