Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Ovens

Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Ovens Questions & Answers

HBG672BS1A, HBG633BS1A, HBG6753S1A, etc...

106 questions from our users

Suzanne M

Suzanne Masked

Bosch Serie 8

We have a new Bosch oven. I want to clean it and really don’t want to use the self clean option in a wall oven. Can I use Easy Off like I always used for our previous oven?

Maxasked

Serie 8 HRG6767S2A

Hi. ! My touch panel is not working correctly. I want to access "Basic Settings" menu button. It will not respond when you touch the sensor button. I have tried touching the "Basic Settings" button using a number of different pressure and length of time. I have also now found that the "Clean button" is also is not responding. Using other menu options I have found these 2 buttons either do not work or take sometime to respond. I did have a service person come out some 8 months ago with a similar problem I was having with the Oven. I was advised by a Bosch technician that keeping the surface clean and dry helps, plus the way that you touch the sensor button may effect the buttons response. Things seemed to work for a little while. Now the problems have returned, only worse. The oven is now only 30 months old ! Have turned it off at the house fuse box a number of times but no change.
I would be interested in any thoughts before I put in another "Service request" Which obviously will cost me. Any ideas ?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Max, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we have asked out technical team and based on the information provided, they have suggested a technician come out to inspect the appliance.
Being the appliance is only 2.5 years old, we would be happy to assist with arranging this for you. If you could kindly email our team at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH12694 in the subject line with your contact number, and invoice for the appliance. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Max

No further action required. Technician fixed the problem. Very happy with Bosch service

Hi Max,
Thanks for sharing your review.
We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch Oven, we're glad to hear that we have resolved the issue for you. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

הדר ק.

הדר ק.asked

Bosch Serie 8

does the light turns on when opening the oven door? (When it is turned off)

John Gallen

Yes and It turns off automatically after a pause in time.

Hi Customer,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Oven.
Yes, the light does turn on when the door is opened whilst off. It will turn off automatically if not being used after sometime. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

DOS

DOSasked

Bosch Serie 8

02/03/2021 I have just purchased a pair of Series 8 Bosch ovens both of which have a 'Rotary Selector'. On both of them it is very insensitive to my touch. If set on time and say start at 1min and I try to increase it then I find moving the selector through 360 degrees only changes the time 5 seconds. Far too slow. Customer Services says it ought to change 1minute for 360 degrees! ......but are unable to help further. Very frustrating for a pair of new ovens costing £1500. Incidentally one of the ovens is a microwave and was delivered without any manual etc inside. Not a good start

Scanasked

Serie 8 HRG6769B2A

My touch screen is very hard to select menu items just on the left hand side , right side seems fine .
Any ideas as i have power cycled it

John Gallen

I am afraid you will just have to persevere with the control dial it will eventually right itself The electronics in this oven are very substandard and have a mind of their own. You just have to keep trying.

Scan

The dial works fine it’s the touch menu’s which don’t seem to register with finger touch

Vic1

Vic1asked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

HRG6767.2A When setting oven temperature for cooking is ok but when adding the cooking time nothing happens. Can press the cooking time button as hard as you like but nothing appears, therefore have to use another timer.

Hi Vic1
The computer set up in this oven is woeful that slow to change you just have to be patient
with it until it decides to cooperate. It is a pain but in the long run it will function as designed. This defect will continue to give you a headache but in the end it will work fine.

Shell

Shellasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

I've just had my bosch series 8 oven installed. I know how to change the language. My stupid question is which one is English because they all still show other languages. Thanks.

John Gallen

Go to the basic settings page in the book for instructions. Next on the touch screen on the oven go to language settings English should be there once you select English MAKE SURE you save the settings for English language.

Ange W

Ange Wasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

Hi, I am unable to set the time as the clock function will not work. I push & push and nothing. Can I repair this button myself or need a repairman?

John Gallen

Hi I have not had this problem but I would try by disconnecting the power switch off on your fuse board give it about 60 seconds then turn it on again. That should reset the computer function within the oven. Hopefully this will solve your problem. Last resort contact Bosch. John

Erik L

Erik Lasked

Bosch Serie 8

My oven is displays E6100 error code as soon as it gets hot approx 95 degrees celsius). I can't find any information. Can anyone help

Hi Erik
I have had a look for that error code and cannot find anything suggest you contact Bosch

Hi Erik L,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Cathyasked

Bosch Serie 8

Hi. I recently purchased a HRG6769B2A and the water tank come without a lid. Does it originally come with a lid?

And when I’m trying to check the water tank during cooking, the oven stopped cooking all of sudden and I have to reset everything. Is that normal or what cause the problem?

John Gallen

Join the club Bosch seem to have a problem with this style of oven. The water tank should be an enclosed unit with a removable rubber plug allowing the tank to be refilled and stop the water coming out. It appears as though there is a computer glitch with this style of oven causing untold problems. Having to reprogram the cooking cycle is a pain but it is the only way you can cook again. Hope this helps. Wish you luck if you ask Bosch for help.

Cathy

I have sent a email regarding the lid to Bosch but they didn’t get back to me. I made a call to them and someone answer the call in less then few minutes, the guy told me they don’t come with the lid anymore which they used to have. I found it a bit weird that no lid for a water tank and what if the evaporation inside the oven during cooking? Doesn’t sound good to a electrical appliance.

Hi John and Cathy,
Thank you both for your feedback. Cathy if you could kindly check your emails, as we have now contacted you directly in regards to your matter - lid for the water tank.
Please note, if the water tank runs dry during the operation with the Dough proving or Reheating settings, the operation is interrupted. We do not recommend you open the water tank during operation. There is no need to check the water tank if there is still water in the tank as the oven would prompt with “Fill the water tank”. Please refer to the user manual as reference (page 20) for more information.
However if either of you would like to speak to us, please call our team on 1300 369 744, we'd be happy investigate further for you.
Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Robertasked

Serie 8 HRG6767S2A

Hi my touch panel has slowly given up my oven is only 2 yrs old ! Have turned it off a number of times but no change . Any ideas ? Cheers

Hi
If your still not under warranty I do not have much faith in Bosch honoring the reliability of their products. I am still waiting for a replacement for the door on my oven that was only five months old after it self destructed. That was ten (10) months ago still waiting. Hope you have better luck with Bosch than what I am receiving. German made may as well be manufactured from Mars probably be quicker service.

That’s not good John !! I hope I will even get an answer from Bosch lol

Hi Robert ,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch oven. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH12104 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

nikster

niksterasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

I’m trying to do a pyrolyric clean and the prompt keeps telling me to remove the water tray from the top of the oven which I already have???

John Gallen

Good luck my one just about cremated the oven door. Make sure you remove all the interior side rails and the trays just leave the oven cavity bare. Take your water tray out press the buttons and let it do it's own thing.
Good luck John

Hi nikster,

Tania
Tania

Hi There

My name is Tania and I recently did the oven clean system on high. It was great however my rotator selector is now not working. How do I fix this...I have tried to call your number and it is not connecting.

Neal S.

Neal S.asked

Bosch Serie 8

We have a series 8 steam oven and have some good silicon cookware which we would like use, but we have been told this is not advisable. Are we able to use the silicone cookware and if not, why not?

Hi Neal S,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Oven.
As per our user manual for best cooking results we recommend dark colored metal baking tins/dishes. Nevertheless, if you wish to use silicone moulds, please follow the manufacturer's instructions and recipes. Silicone moulds are often smaller than normal baking tins. Quantity and recipe specifications may vary.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Christine W.asked

Good Morning
I need to purchase a new oven sooner than later. I have been looking at a Bosch series 4, Are the issues that everybody has with rotating the knob applicable to this oven we both have arthritis and concerned it will be to difficult to operate and as we are pensioner is this the best for value or oven for us. Regards Christine and Alan Wood

Bella
Bella

The knobs are great. But I'd recommend you don't buy this level oven. Mines a lemon and I am yet to hear back from customer service. It's rusted at the back, the back is gritty and cakes sink in the middle. No amount of repair will fix it. Look else where.

Hi Christine W.

Thank you for your question. The TFT display control of our Series 8 Oven range comes with a control ring and clear text and touch symbols. The control ring of our Series 8 Oven range is very intuitive and easy to navigate.
We are selling Series 8 ovens in Australia for over 5 years and have since received good customer feedback on ease of use of the control panel and ring. The control ring requires only soft touches and you can select settings and heating functions by simply moving it right and left. It might be easier to use with arthritis compared to standard rotary knobs. Bosch Series 8 ovens are widely distributed in Australia, if you are unsure of the usability of the control ring you could visit a retail store to test and feel the product. If you any further assistance please feel free to contact our team on 1300 369 744. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia

Christine W.

We purchased a series 8 in November and so far very happy with the oven. Though I do find the temperature/ cooking instructions a bit confusing and contradictory I feel that you could improve on this.

Phil

Philasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

Can you change the language on a series 8 oven?

Sess

Sessasked

Bosch Serie 8

Hi I purchased a new HBG633B.1A oven approx 1 month ago.

For the past 2 days, since last using the oven, the fan has been running constantly & has not stopped. I am concerned there is a fault with the oven.

Would you kindly advise ASAP.

Many thanks.
Sarah.

Hi Sess,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11101 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Megan S.
Megan S.

Hi we have the same property could you please advise what the problem was? Thanks

Hi Megan S,
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11451 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Marco Scaccia

Marco Scacciaasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

Hi there, I have few issues with my oven. Even if I have clean it the rotary selector is really hard to rotate and it gives me trouble. How can I fix this issue? I also don't understand how to select the grill funcion. The manual is not really clear about the functions of the oven. Can you help? Thanks

Hi Marco Scaccia,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11079 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you. Alternatively you can call our product information line on 1300 369 744 & Select option 2

Adam M.
Adam M.

Me too, this rotary wheel is very problematic and bad design. About to buy another oven and will give the bosch a miss while these are used.

andrew h.asked

Bosch Serie 8

I bought this oven new, in February 2020 and installed March 2020.

1 week ago 3/9/20, I was cooking lunch for the kids, half way through the cooking process, out of know we're the oven stopped working and tripped the circuit breaker. I reset the circuit breaker and the oven kept coming up with a message "close door".

I contacted Bosch customer service and they organised a technician to come Tuesday and look at the oven, the technician diagnosed the fault as an electrical failure in the main circuit board.

The part is nil stock in Australia, I rang Bosch customer service today 10/9/20, the lady that took the call, said the part needs to come from Germany. I enquired when the part might arrive in Australia, the lady said at the moment there was NO expected time of arrival.

My questions are, how long am I expected to live without an oven and what can Bosch Australia do to rectify my concerns?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew H,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10898 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

andrew h.

thanks for your quick response, i have sent an email to socialmedia.au@bshg.com , i look forward to your response.

Regards Andrew

andrew h.

well this started off well, going through product review. I emailed socialmedia.au@bshg.com - someone from Bosch Australia actually called me (bit surprised they actually called, in a good way), the polite lady i spoke with at Bosch organized a tech to come on Thursday to look at the oven.

However, it was a bit like deja vu, the same tech (a nice fellow) came out to look at the oven, he basically told me the same story as when he first came out, nil stock on the part. Here I was all excited thinking that my oven would be fixed and i would be able to use my oven again, only to be let down by Bosch.

To the people at Bosch Australia, i have emailed you on Friday 18/9, could some please get back to me and advise me what is going with this oven.

Regards

Andrew

Myrna McRae

Myrna McRaeasked

Bosch Serie 8

When I am baking I often need to lower the temperature after a certain amount of time. I can turn it down easily but how do I know what the actual temperature of the oven is, ie. how can I tell when and if it has reached the lower temperature?

Hi Myrna McRae,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 please select option 2 for product information. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Myrna McRae