Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Ovens

Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Ovens Questions & Answers

HBG672BS1A, HBG633BS1A, HBG6753S1A, etc...

89 questions from our users

andrew h.asked

Bosch Serie 8

I bought this oven new, in February 2020 and installed March 2020.

1 week ago 3/9/20, I was cooking lunch for the kids, half way through the cooking process, out of know we're the oven stopped working and tripped the circuit breaker. I reset the circuit breaker and the oven kept coming up with a message "close door".

I contacted Bosch customer service and they organised a technician to come Tuesday and look at the oven, the technician diagnosed the fault as an electrical failure in the main circuit board.

The part is nil stock in Australia, I rang Bosch customer service today 10/9/20, the lady that took the call, said the part needs to come from Germany. I enquired when the part might arrive in Australia, the lady said at the moment there was NO expected time of arrival.

My questions are, how long am I expected to live without an oven and what can Bosch Australia do to rectify my concerns?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew H,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10898 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

andrew h.

thanks for your quick response, i have sent an email to socialmedia.au@bshg.com , i look forward to your response.

Regards Andrew

Myrna McRae

Myrna McRaeasked

Bosch Serie 8

When I am baking I often need to lower the temperature after a certain amount of time. I can turn it down easily but how do I know what the actual temperature of the oven is, ie. how can I tell when and if it has reached the lower temperature?

Hi Myrna McRae,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 please select option 2 for product information. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Myrna McRae

Myrna McRaeasked

Del28

Del28asked

Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

Can I leave the racks in for the pyrolitic cleaning. The manual says to take them out.

Hi Del28,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Oven.
Unfortunately, you cannot clean any of the wire racks when using the cleaning function. The wire racks are not suitable for cleaning while using the cleaning function; this will discolour them.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

tigerasked

Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

How do I remove the griller there seems to be a screw and it looks like you need a special screw driver and the back cove for the exhaust fan they also have 4 types of screws ?

Hi tiger,
We recommend a service call & we'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

tiger

Thank you ,I have spoken to a service person in the Bosch department and all is good.
Top oven

Fhon

Fhonasked

Bosch Serie 8

Hi there, I have Bosch Serie 8 built in oven (Eco clean) for 6 months now, it works fine but there were few times that the fan just turn on itself. I couldn't turn off at the oven, had to turn off at the main power board. I looked in the manual and there is no answer to my problem.

Hi Fhon,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Pauliasked

Bosch Serie 8

I have a built in HBG633B.1A oven. When I roast something such as a chicken, and also put in a tray of vegetables to bake a lot of steam builds up in the oven. After an hour or so an error message EO532 appears and an alarm sounds. This has happened twice with similar baking senario. Any idea how to rectify please? When cooking other items the oven functions normally. cheers

Hi Pauli,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch oven. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10724 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Thank you. Have just sent email. Cheers

Irene L.asked

Serie 8 HBG675BS1B

Hi, we have purchased the Bosch HRG675BS1B just a week ago from Winnings Appliances at Crows Nest. It looks good but we are very frustrated at the instructions menu because it is not very helpful. Before I post a review I am wondering if you can help. We notice that the oven takes a long time to cool down after we roast anything. The screen displays 'appliance is cooling down' for a good 40 minutes sometimes. When this happens, we are unable to see what time it is. We have to go to the next room to check what time it is. Who cares when the appliance is cooling down??? How can we change the setting so that the clock can be displayed while the oven cools down? There are many little things like his that does not make sense. Hope it is just because we don't know how to use the oven properly. Thank you..Irene

João  C.
João C.

I just bought this oven and I was though the oven came broken because that's no make sense the cooling down take 40 min if you use 5 or 50 min.

Hi Irene L.
Thank you for reaching out to us. So that the cooking compartment cools down more quickly after the operation, the cooling fan continues to run for a certain period afterwards. You can change how long the cooling fan continues to run in the basic settings. "Basic settings" on page 22. If you need further help, you can call our care line on 1300 369 744.
Kind regards Bosch Home Australia

Irene L.

Thank you Bosch for getting back to me. I agree with Joao C that the cooling message display was awfully long. At first I also thought that something was wrong with my new oven. I now realise that it is a design 'feature', but as soon as the oven is used for cooking until it cools down, the clock function is not available - which does not make sense to me. There must be a way to also show the time while the oven is being used.

David T

David Tasked

Bosch Serie 8

I have recently received this oven - first time installed it was broken on delivery so had a replacement. This one seems to work but...
We have traditionally cooked lasagna (for example) in our old fan forced oven at 180 degrees for 30 mins (20 mins covered and 10 uncovered). 180 degrees on 4D mode simply doesn't cook the food properly - it's all al-dente. Is the fact that 4D is spreading the heat everywhere somehow making it 'less powerful' on one particular shelf? Should I be setting the temperature higher when using 4D if only cooking on one shelf? Or should I use a different cooking function?

David

Lynne M.

Lynne M.asked

Serie 8 HBG6753B1A

Hi team. I need a cooking time of 20mins. Please explain the procedure. Thank you.

Hi Lynne M.
Thank you for your question. Please refer to the link below which is your user manual. You will be able to find a step by step guide about setting the time on page 16. https://media3.bosch-home.com/Documents/9001389287_B.pdf. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Bradley C.

Bradley C.asked

Serie 8 HBG6753B1A

We have had our oven installed for under a week. The first time we used it we couldn't believe how quiet it was. However in the 3-4 times we have used it since (using the basic 4D cooking function), the fan makes an audible whirring sound while it is cooking, and will also cut out for a second every 5 or so minutes before starting up again. Is this normal for the 4D cooking function?

Hi Bradley,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch HBG6753B1A.
What you have described would be normal activity for your oven using that function.

Alvinasked

Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

How do I know if my door seal is making good contact. What are the signs of a bad seal. I have had my oven for two days now. I just noticed that some parts of the seal are a little flatter than the rest. Other than that it's working fine.

Hi Alvin,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch oven.
The only way to tell is if there is heat escaping from around the door in the spots where you feel the seal doesn't look right. The seal does squash a bit when the door is closed so there shouldn't be any issues if there are flat parts when the door is open.

Alvin

Thanks for the quick response. How to I tell if heat is escaping. Do I check for warm air flow? The outer edge of the oven on the sides feel slightly warm. I assume that is normal.

Hi Alvin,
That's right.

Stuart C.asked

Serie 8 HRG6767S1A

My oven is about 2 years old and absolutely love cooking with it. The rotary select dial has all of a sudden become very hard to rotate. I have to try and hold the edge of the dial with my finger nails to get it to move but it is vary hard to adjust. Any ideas on what I can do or do I need a service call?

Hi Stuart,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch HRG6767S1A.
You can pull the rotary selector off to clean any dust or debris from behind it, it's only held on with magnets. If you use a butter knife, carefully, that should do the trick. If you're unwilling or unable to do this a service call would be required from there.

Stuart C.

Thank you for responding so quickly and your advice worked a trick.

Mish T.

Mish T.asked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

I accidentally set the language already and need it in english. How do i go back and change it?

Hi Mish,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch HBG672BS1A.
As we can't show you symbols from the display here it's best to refer to page 18 of your user manual as it has these instructions for you with the symbols you need to press.

Chloe M.
Chloe M.

I am in a similar situation. That doesn’t work for me.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Chloe M., If you have already referred to page 18 of your user manual as a guide on how to fix this issue,please call our team on 1300 369 744. We're happy to discuss this with you.Regards,

Pat

Patasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

The display on my oven has gone white and some of the numbers have gone grey

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Pat, Thank you for your question. It does sound like a service may be required. If you could please contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Caddi

Caddiasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

Hi, we have a brand new version of this oven, and the rotary selector is very sluggish/spasmodic. Do I really need to take to it with a butter knife to tidy it up? This is the third use. If a light touch on the dial is recommended, how sensitive will it be to a butter knife?

Hi Caddi,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch oven.
A butter knife can help with removal but some people can get it out without one. If it is sluggish you will probably find some dust or some debris behind it. Clean it out and it should be good to go.

nroberts

nrobertsasked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

Hi I am trying to set a delayed cooking start time tried following instruction from manual but doesn’t seem to work .
Everyone I try and set time to set it just adjusts the cooking temp ?

Hi noberts,
Thank you for your question. Are you using sabbath mode?

Kylie L.

Kylie L.asked

Serie 8 HBG672BS1A

How do I clean the baking tray or roasting pan while using the pyrolysis function if the rails need to be removed? Is there an accessory I need to do this?

Hi Kylie,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch HBG672BS1A.
You would need to clean accessories externally with hot soapy water. Please see page 21 of your user manual.

bedfordelectrical

bedfordelectricalasked

Serie 8 HRG6767

When cooking with steam, my oven keeps stopping. Every. Two. Minutes. To ask to add water to the water tank. I have half filled, fully filled, take out and put in each time the oven asks but it still keeps stopping. Every. Two. Minutes. How can this be rectified? I have only been using the oven for 7 months and it always stops. Every. Two. Minutes.

Hi,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch oven.
Making sure the tank is clean is the only troubleshooting we can advise.

Ryu

Ryuasked

Bosch Serie 8

It says that any silicone wares cannot be used as it might damage the sensor. I have never seen anything like that with other brands and I really cannot get this. Can I still use silicone if the sensor is turned off? It is just extremely inconvenient as I use a lot of silicone moulds... It is indeed a huuuuuge drawback for purchasing this.

Hi Ryu,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
The issue is the fumes given off by heating silicone, regardless of if you are using the sensor, the fumes may still damage it. If an issue arises due to the sensor not working and is found to be caused by the use of silicone then the service and any repairs will not be covered under the warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives