Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A

MPN: SMS88TI01A

• Internal Layout

Just out of warranty .. power supply

We purchased this dishwasher two years ago when our previous Bosch dishwasher (white with a dial and much cheaper) ceased working after 20+ years without incident. This new dishwasher just exceeded its 2 year warranty and the power supply died. Having spent $1400 on this machine we expected it, too, to last at least a few years (estimated 5 or 6) without incident, but to our dismay we were wrong. The service person arrived last week and fixed it at a cost of $450 which is the price of some new dishwashers (different brand and poorer water consumption). However, we will certainly not be fixing this dishwasher again should it have another fault.

Purchased in September 2017 at RetraVision for $1,400.00.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

bms

bmsPerth, WA

Great dishwasher but could be better

I do really like our Bosch Serie 8 dishwasher, had it for almost 3 years now and 99.5% of the time, dishes are sparkling clean. It's ultra quiet and dries the dishes really well too. Only flaws are despite being mindful of how we stack the bottom basket, we still see rub marks on some of our plates from where the rotating arm hits them. This is even after ensuring there is ample gap. Some of the basket parts are also starting to split and rub off the plastic covering and rust on the hinge points although to be fair we use it everyday at least, so this is after 1000+ cycles. Besides that, it's a solid dishwasher and our 2nd Bosch, the quality in general is very good.

Purchased in April 2016.

Thommo

ThommoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not the best

Constant E24 errors. Keep cleaning no good for a machine that is 2.5 years old. Will be placing on ebay and buying something else. Used to be quiet, now quite noisy

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

TinToy

TinToyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not up to the job!

When I was choosing a new dishwasher two years ago I thought that paying a premium for a product that was both designed and made in Germany would be a guarantee of trouble free performance. How wrong I was. My pots, pans, plates, cups, knives and forks, or any of the other kitchen ware that typically goes into a dishwasher rarely come out properly clean. After two years it is getting worse. Having a variety of settings is useless when even keeping it on the super wash option is not effective. There are times when I have had to repeat the whole cycle twice. Even though I use the recommended dish cleaning capsules they frequently remain undissolved at the end of a full cycle. In my experience this Bosch model is not fit for purpose.

Purchased in November 2017.

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Quiet and cleans well. Large compartments for big pots and pans. Wish it dried better

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online.

craigwreid1

craigwreid1New South Wales, 2114

Dishes Smell. Eco Mode Unusable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,336.00.

cavara40

cavara40South East Queensland, QLD

Worst dishwasher ever made.

Bought this dishwasher for $1400 November 18 took 6 months for it to fully stop functioning. Had to get both main boards replaced. After 5 weeks the machine wont turn on again. Worst $1400 ever spent. Should of stuck to a $300 Dishlex at least they turn on and function when you need them. How do i make it 0/5 stars?

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,400.00.

Tim L.

Tim L.South East Queensland, QLD

Died.

Bought 13 June 2015, expecting to get many years from it. It died two days ago. No lights, no one at home. For a premium product, this isn't what I expect.

Purchased in June 2015 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,399.00.

Dan

DanPerth, WA

This would be the Porsche of all dishwashers, and you pay for what you get

Purchased in August 2016.

MyView2

MyView2Queensland

One month out of warranty and this is how it now cleans dishes

Two months out of warranty and this is how our promised 'amazing performance' dishwasher now cleans...it's like our pots never went through a wash. Incredibly frustrated and previously loyal Bosch customer.

Purchased in May 2017.

Brendan

BrendanCanberra

Nice until 1 month after warranty then died, manufacturer no help

We bought the top model possible from the good guys on the basis of reliability. 1 month after manufacturer warranty finished it died. A dangerously faulty power cord was the cause, the likes of which 2 electricians with 60 yrs combined experience have never seen. Rang the manufacturer, whose 1st response was "not our problem, it's out of warranty". It has been a nice dishwasher, but this response to my problem from the company shocked me.

Purchased in May 2017.

1234trev

1234trevAU

Super Quite

Easy purchase; smooth delivery and installation. Like our previous family Bosch dishwasher this unit is even more of a hero. Digital touch display within the inside of door, easy to use. Several loading options make for easier loading. Filter easy enough to clean. **Whisper quite operation. Well done Bosch; more power to you for yet another quality product. (NB. I have now found receipt and can see we paid $1,398:00 more than I had remembered as this model was NOT on sale however no regrets at having paid more than some models.)

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys, Albury NSW.

Betty A.

Betty A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dishes come our sparkling!

Great dishwasher, cleans dishes well, even when in the quick setting. It looks stylish and is very quiet. Great internal layout, that can cater for every day dishes or a dinner party without issue. So happy with our purchase!

Purchased in April 2019.

Blark

BlarkSydney, NSW

Good, until you have untrained guests

I had a couple of guests stay for a couple of days. They overloaded the machine so the spray arms could not swing. Fault code E19 came up. Soap delivery or or heat pump exchanger fault.
On inspection I have found a power transistor on the control board blown. Service call out is $99 includes the 1st 15 min then $35 every 15 min after woods. New control board over $400. I saw a $700-900 bill coming.
I ordered 1 x STN9620 power transistor and 3 x STN83003 transistors ($20) to replace the switch mode side of the power supply. You would think an expensive late model machine would cater for the untrained visitor.
Not Bosch. Wish me luck.

Purchased in March 2016 for $2,000.00.

abjmelbourne

abjmelbournemelbourne

Very useful and efficient

I have been using this dishwasher for 8 months now. Silent Operation and uses only 12 litres of water as advertised. That is a big achievement considering the amount of dishes you can wash. I usually scape and rinse the dishes for better result. Always uses with Finish Rinse aid to complete the cleaning. Very easyto use

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Smashy

SmashyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Work great - very quiet

Had the dishwasher a few weeks, it's used daily. Cleans the dishes well and is very quiet. The option to do half loads has been very handy. We did get the extended warranty to be safe but that is more of a pre-caution should there be any issues in the future. I would highly recommend this dishwasher - SMS88TI01A

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,339.00.

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly unreliable

This was a beautiful dishwasher but highly unreliable. Its heating element failed a month before warranty end and they had to order the part in, leaving us without a dishwasher for over 2 weeks. Then 2 months after its warranty ended its computer failed which was apparently a $500+ repair. I called Bosch but they basically said too bad so we binned it. I wouldn’t touch a Bosch appliance again.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Hi
I emailed you guys my mobile number about 6 weeks ago but never heard back.

Manu

ManuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quiet and very effective

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Karen Donnelly

Karen DonnellyQueensland, Australia

Good quality dish washer

Our first dishwasher was quite easy to install. We have had it for 3 months and no problems so far. No leaks, drains well and no problems so far and we don't rinse our dishes before putting them in. Cleans well and I love the 44 min cycle as it cleans well but saves on water and power.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

AmitSydney

Upper arm hitting upper rack - Noise problem

I have bought 2 of these dishwashers based on the reviews on productreview and also recommended to my family and friends.
However, after using this dishwasher for 3 months I see two issues common in my dishwasher.

Upper arm hitting upper basket during cleaning cycle and make lot of noise. This happen with both of the dishwashers.

I understand that these dishwashers don't use heating element but drying is not satisfactory. sometimes when I pull out cutlery tray after ECO cycle it is full of water. i have raised the concern with Bosch Support and hope they will help me out.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Amit

Thank you for your reply.
Middle basket already fixed up on the highest level. I will call Bosch customer support number.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers reviews