Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

MPN: SMS88TI01A

• Internal Layout

BrettSydney Surrounds, NSW

Faults after 2.5years, out of warranty.

2.5years old, German made dishwasher was working really well, until it fried the mother board. I’m surprised that a machine costing $1800 has stopped working in such a short period of time. $300 for the replacement board and $165 for labour for a 2.5year old machine. Paint has also started to peel around the places where the metal and plastic meet. I won’t be buying Bosch again. Not recommended.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,800.00.

Brett

How many weeks do I need to wait until a representative contacts me ? I’ve emailed and given you my mobile. It’s been well over a week. Typical lip service from a large company.

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Wouldn't recommend.

Touch pad feels cheap, turns on when it wants to, 3 months out of warranty it won't even start anymore screen keeps switching off even after reset and hard reset.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Wayne M

Wayne MHunter Region, NSW

Good performance, but lacks some features

new this week, and is noticeably quieter than our previous DW. We do not rinse the dishes, and all have come out clean, as do wine glasses and baking dishes. the upper cutlery tray is good and the baskets easy to adjust, however, given the price and the brand, it is disappointing that you have to order small items holders, which would be useful for various items. As a high cost brand and model, there shouldn’t be any extra cost options, which I note are standard in less costly brands, with good reviews. The manual is full of “depending on the features of your dishwasher”.. This is not a basic model or low end cost. Bosch you could have done better.

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,594.00.

Hi Wayne M,
Thanks for sharing your review.
We really appreciate the feedback about your Bosch , If we can be of any help regarding the features of your dishwasher feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox) compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

GRV

GRVSydney, NSW

Disappointed!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bing Lee for $1,228.00.

Prim2012

Prim2012Sydney, NSW

How Disappointing

After only 2 days of ownership and four wash cycles I am experiencing a E24 error. On calling customer service I was advised if its a blockage it will not be covered under the warranty. What a Joke Bosch just not good enough. Considering this is my 3rd Bosch dishwasher and the other two were just middle of the range and very reliable. Very disappointed that spending top dollar doesn't mean you get what you pay for.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,650.00.

Hi Prim2012,
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10649 in the subject line with your contact number. we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

MishSouth East Queensland, QLD

I Agree! Don't waste your money on Bosch!

Don't touch a Bosch dishwasher. I have the same issues.
Won't clean leaves food on plates. I actually have to space my dinner plates out to get them clean. After a couple of years the door needs to be slammed shut. Plus the added bonus of a rusted top tray rack. That Bosch won't replace the rusted part as it's out of warranty..... a dishwasher that rusts inside.... great product!
1st Bosch product and the last we will ever purchase!

Purchased in June 2012 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Hi Mish,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Dishwasher. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Kind Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Mish

I have already contacted you! Feel free to contact me

Sofia19

Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It’s ok, but my Asko was better

I bought this after reading how amazing it is- but have to say, not very impressed. Consistently leaves items unwashed- even when there is only half a load. Really disappointed as it cost a lot. I should just kept my old Asko. The other problem is everything is constantly wet when the cycle is finished.
One good thing, it is quiet. I am going to contact Bosch separately.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,560.00.

Cathy S.Perth, WA

My favourite appliance....Love my Bosch series 8 dishwasher

Don't know why I took so long to get a dishwasher! After lots of research. We purchased a Bosch series 8 dishwasher SMS88T101A/51 made in Germany. Ive had it for the last 6 months now and still very impressed. Love how quiet it is and how clean my dishes come out. I use it once or twice a day. Love my three pull out trays with cutlery tray or optional basket. I love how i can adjust all the trays, positions to fit all my different size plates, pots, pans, glasses. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Cathy S.

I need a new washing machine soon. Might look at a Bosch soon if you can help.

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive, and somewhat disappointing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,205.00.

Daniel R.

Daniel R.Perth, WA

Poor at Everything

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

PhilBNew South Wales

Proud owner of 2 of these, this is how we do it!

Purchased in June 2017 for $1,000.00.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. This has come through an Australian website and you would have to contact customer service in New Zealand to discuss options.

PhilB

Cheers for that....problem will be global however....and needs to be fixed at the factory....not the reseller. You should be directing the query UP not SIDEWAYS

Gary C.

Gary C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good dish washer

Purchased to replace a Maytag disher that lasted about 20 years and was still going strong. Very happy with it and it cleans well and is very quiet. Wash time is about 3 hours which is a lot longer than old one but is more economical.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,350.00.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Just out of warranty .. power supply

We purchased this dishwasher two years ago when our previous Bosch dishwasher (white with a dial and much cheaper) ceased working after 20+ years without incident. This new dishwasher just exceeded its 2 year warranty and the power supply died. Having spent $1400 on this machine we expected it, too, to last at least a few years (estimated 5 or 6) without incident, but to our dismay we were wrong. The service person arrived last week and fixed it at a cost of $450 which is the price of some new dishwashers (different brand and poorer water consumption). However, we will certainly not be fixing this dishwasher again should it have another fault.

Purchased in September 2017 at RetraVision for $1,400.00.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

bms

bmsPerth, WA

Great dishwasher but could be better

I do really like our Bosch Serie 8 dishwasher, had it for almost 3 years now and 99.5% of the time, dishes are sparkling clean. It's ultra quiet and dries the dishes really well too. Only flaws are despite being mindful of how we stack the bottom basket, we still see rub marks on some of our plates from where the rotating arm hits them. This is even after ensuring there is ample gap. Some of the basket parts are also starting to split and rub off the plastic covering and rust on the hinge points although to be fair we use it everyday at least, so this is after 1000+ cycles. Besides that, it's a solid dishwasher and our 2nd Bosch, the quality in general is very good.

Purchased in April 2016.

Thommo

ThommoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not the best

Constant E24 errors. Keep cleaning no good for a machine that is 2.5 years old. Will be placing on ebay and buying something else. Used to be quiet, now quite noisy

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

TinToy

TinToyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not up to the job!

When I was choosing a new dishwasher two years ago I thought that paying a premium for a product that was both designed and made in Germany would be a guarantee of trouble free performance. How wrong I was. My pots, pans, plates, cups, knives and forks, or any of the other kitchen ware that typically goes into a dishwasher rarely come out properly clean. After two years it is getting worse. Having a variety of settings is useless when even keeping it on the super wash option is not effective. There are times when I have had to repeat the whole cycle twice. Even though I use the recommended dish cleaning capsules they frequently remain undissolved at the end of a full cycle. In my experience this Bosch model is not fit for purpose.

Purchased in November 2017.

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Quiet and cleans well. Large compartments for big pots and pans. Wish it dried better

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online.

craigwreid1

craigwreid1Sydney, NSW

Dishes Smell. Eco Mode Unusable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,336.00.

cavara40

cavara40South East Queensland, QLD

Worst dishwasher ever made.

Bought this dishwasher for $1400 November 18 took 6 months for it to fully stop functioning. Had to get both main boards replaced. After 5 weeks the machine wont turn on again. Worst $1400 ever spent. Should of stuck to a $300 Dishlex at least they turn on and function when you need them. How do i make it 0/5 stars?

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,400.00.

Tim L.

Tim L.South East Queensland, QLD

Died.

Bought 13 June 2015, expecting to get many years from it. It died two days ago. No lights, no one at home. For a premium product, this isn't what I expect.

Purchased in June 2015 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,399.00.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers reviews

P J.

P J.asked

Hi
Just bought a Bosch SMS88TI10A dishwasher for a rental property.
noticed when taking away the old dishwasher that there is only one supply hose available (not sure if it is hot or cold - but presume hot hose). However, I noticed that there are 2 hose connections on the back of the new Bosch dishwasher.

Is it OK to connect and use one hose ( -the one I already have), or do I need to connect 2 water supply hoses for the dishwasher to function correctly.

Phil
\

Hi PJ,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
There is only one inlet hose for the appliance and as per your installation instructions it should be connected to water that is no more than 60 degrees. Cold is better though for the initial rinse to not "cook" any food remnants onto the dishes. The appliance has an internal heater. The other hose is for the drainage.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Mark

Markasked

Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I've just bought one of these dishwashers and have run a Quick 45C and a normal 45C wash. Both left the dishes inside very wet both on plastics and crockery. Any suggestions on which cycles are better at drying or which set up settings are best to maximise the drying at the end of a cycle??

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
There are a number of tips on page 37 of your user manual.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Adi59

Adi59asked

Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Just bought the above model.
After installation I discovered that I can not remove the panel, so I will put the skirt on ? ANY Suggestions ? Help ! please

Hi Adi59
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Compare both Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers
CategoryFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $2,249.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option and Height-Adjustable Upper Rack
Number of Place Settings 15