MPN: SMS88TI01A
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

• Internal Layout

Cassie
Cassie Perth, WA

Excellent dishwasher! Great if you have children.

Bosch got this one right! All the buttons are located on the top on the machine so that when you close it NO buttons are exposed and there for children can play with them and change / turn off the machine. It makes the dishwasher look very easy on the eye and easy to wipe down.
Love the Vario setting. This makes the long cycles a bit shorter.
Love that there is a top rack for cutlery and a basket. So you have the two options.
Highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2019.

Helen
HelenSydney, NSW

A Lot of People Complain about Mother Board Issue

A lot of people have complained about a mother board issue, and same here. The dishwasher is less than 2 years old, has a control board issue, can not set the time, stops by itself in the middle of the washing program, and touch panel has become unresponsive. Called for warranty claim, found one cockroach and blamed the cockroach for being the cause of the malfunctioning dishwasher, refuse to honour the warranty.

Purchased for $1,319.00.

bananasplit123
bananasplit123AU

Second E19 fault on less than 2 years

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox) compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

SallyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not fit for Purpose - Doesn't Wash Dishes

We purchased this dishwasher after having a Bosch in a previous house and being very happy with it. I am so disappointed in this product - as a top of the range Dishwasher it should wash dishes.

From the first wash it has never cleaned properly. We clean it regularly - the filter has never really been dirty as we clean it so frequently in the hope of clean dishes coming out. Nothing is blocking the mechanisms, we use only Finish products, recommended by Bosch. Our dishes aren't going in extremely dirty, the dishwasher just doesn't wash very well. I would not recommend this product, I am hoping to return the dishwasher with a full refund, as it is not fit for the purpose it was sold unfortunately.

Purchased in November 2020.

BrettSydney Surrounds, NSW

Faults after 2.5years, out of warranty.

2.5years old, German made dishwasher was working really well, until it fried the mother board. I’m surprised that a machine costing $1800 has stopped working in such a short period of time. $300 for the replacement board and $165 for labour for a 2.5year old machine. Paint has also started to peel around the places where the metal and plastic meet. I won’t be buying Bosch again. Not recommended.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,800.00.

Brett

How many weeks do I need to wait until a representative contacts me ? I’ve emailed and given you my mobile. It’s been well over a week. Typical lip service from a large company.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Wouldn't recommend.

Touch pad feels cheap, turns on when it wants to, 3 months out of warranty it won't even start anymore screen keeps switching off even after reset and hard reset.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Wayne M
Wayne MHunter Region, NSW

Good performance, but lacks some features

new this week, and is noticeably quieter than our previous DW. We do not rinse the dishes, and all have come out clean, as do wine glasses and baking dishes. the upper cutlery tray is good and the baskets easy to adjust, however, given the price and the brand, it is disappointing that you have to order small items holders, which would be useful for various items. As a high cost brand and model, there shouldn’t be any extra cost options, which I note are standard in less costly brands, with good reviews. The manual is full of “depending on the features of your dishwasher”.. This is not a basic model or low end cost. Bosch you could have done better.

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,594.00.

Hi Wayne M,
Thanks for sharing your review.
We really appreciate the feedback about your Bosch , If we can be of any help regarding the features of your dishwasher feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

GRV
GRVSydney, NSW

Disappointed!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bing Lee for $1,228.00.

Prim2012
Prim2012Sydney, NSW

How Disappointing

After only 2 days of ownership and four wash cycles I am experiencing a E24 error. On calling customer service I was advised if its a blockage it will not be covered under the warranty. What a Joke Bosch just not good enough. Considering this is my 3rd Bosch dishwasher and the other two were just middle of the range and very reliable. Very disappointed that spending top dollar doesn't mean you get what you pay for.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,650.00.

Hi Prim2012,
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10649 in the subject line with your contact number. we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

MishSouth East Queensland, QLD

I Agree! Don't waste your money on Bosch!

Don't touch a Bosch dishwasher. I have the same issues.
Won't clean leaves food on plates. I actually have to space my dinner plates out to get them clean. After a couple of years the door needs to be slammed shut. Plus the added bonus of a rusted top tray rack. That Bosch won't replace the rusted part as it's out of warranty..... a dishwasher that rusts inside.... great product!
1st Bosch product and the last we will ever purchase!

Purchased in June 2012 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Hi Mish,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Dishwasher. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Kind Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Mish

I have already contacted you! Feel free to contact me

Sofia19
Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It’s ok, but my Asko was better

I bought this after reading how amazing it is- but have to say, not very impressed. Consistently leaves items unwashed- even when there is only half a load. Really disappointed as it cost a lot. I should just kept my old Asko. The other problem is everything is constantly wet when the cycle is finished.
One good thing, it is quiet. I am going to contact Bosch separately.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,560.00.

Cathy S.Perth, WA

My favourite appliance....Love my Bosch series 8 dishwasher

Don't know why I took so long to get a dishwasher! After lots of research. We purchased a Bosch series 8 dishwasher SMS88T101A/51 made in Germany. Ive had it for the last 6 months now and still very impressed. Love how quiet it is and how clean my dishes come out. I use it once or twice a day. Love my three pull out trays with cutlery tray or optional basket. I love how i can adjust all the trays, positions to fit all my different size plates, pots, pans, glasses. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Cathy S.

I need a new washing machine soon. Might look at a Bosch soon if you can help.

David
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive, and somewhat disappointing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,205.00.

Daniel R.
Daniel R.Perth, WA

Poor at Everything

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

PhilBNew South Wales

Proud owner of 2 of these, this is how we do it!

Purchased in June 2017 for $1,000.00.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. This has come through an Australian website and you would have to contact customer service in New Zealand to discuss options.

PhilB

Cheers for that....problem will be global however....and needs to be fixed at the factory....not the reseller. You should be directing the query UP not SIDEWAYS

Freestanding Dishwashers

Read more reviews - page 2See all Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers reviews

Tan G.
Tan G.asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi I’ve lost my manual. Can you please advise me if and how we can set it to come on in like 8 hrs. TIA

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Tan G, Thank you for your question.You can delay the start of the programme by up to 24 hours. Below is a link to where you can download the user manual for your appliance. You will find on page 30. a step by step on how to do this. https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/freestanding-dishwashers/dishwasher-60-cm-wide/SMS88TI01A#/Tabs=tab-3185783/
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

P J.
P J.asked

Hi
Just bought a Bosch SMS88TI10A dishwasher for a rental property.
noticed when taking away the old dishwasher that there is only one supply hose available (not sure if it is hot or cold - but presume hot hose). However, I noticed that there are 2 hose connections on the back of the new Bosch dishwasher.

Is it OK to connect and use one hose ( -the one I already have), or do I need to connect 2 water supply hoses for the dishwasher to function correctly.

Phil
\

Hi PJ,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
There is only one inlet hose for the appliance and as per your installation instructions it should be connected to water that is no more than 60 degrees. Cold is better though for the initial rinse to not "cook" any food remnants onto the dishes. The appliance has an internal heater. The other hose is for the drainage.

Mark
Markasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I've just bought one of these dishwashers and have run a Quick 45C and a normal 45C wash. Both left the dishes inside very wet both on plastics and crockery. Any suggestions on which cycles are better at drying or which set up settings are best to maximise the drying at the end of a cycle??

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
There are a number of tips on page 37 of your user manual.

See all Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox) questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Compare both Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers
CategoryFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,999.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option and Height-Adjustable Upper Rack
Number of Place Settings 15