Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E52AU

Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E52AU

SMS50E22AU and SMS50E52AU

Bosch doesn’t last past warranty anymore even with servicing.

I called Bosch to have a technician fix my *check water* issue out of warranty. The technician spent no more than 10 minutes here and 9 of that was paperwork. He pre anticipated the issues and came I’m assuming with part in hand as he replaced the issue causing part before I ever got to see it. We already had the side off the dishwasher and ready to go. Fast forward 1 month same issue and after a brief call to Bosch I was told I would have to pay the call out fee of close to $150 again. I didn’t feel like I should be responsible for that again so we didn’t proceed as the light was only effecting the very end of my cycle (drying) fast forward another 2 1/2 months and the light now stops my cycle from even starting. 3rd call to Bosch, this time with an understanding response and a tech was arranged without the call out fee. However this company decided not to honour this agreement and said they will not attend unless I pay. more calls to Bosch and finally it was decided they would come out and if the part was the same one initially replaced they would replace it again. However if not I would need to pay the hundreds for new call out, new part and time spent. Considering the issue I originally paid call out for was not fixed and this company who did it the first time stated to me today they won’t come unless I pay I figured I’m not ready to be a quick cash grab for them. We are very clean and maintain our appliances well so expect them to last. Unfortunately Bosch has lost the trademark customer service that has always drawn us to them.

**bosh have actually since contacted me to arrange a technician to come and diagnose. We will see what comes of that. I’m hopeful **

Purchased in March 2013 at The Good Guys for $854.00.

Noise Level
Hi McDowall,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E25AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5326 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Best diashwasher

So fantastic is this dishwasher that over the last 5 years I bought three (different homes and moved a bit). Even on the fast, low energy use 29 min cycle ALL the pots come out clean. I try to purchase simple designs without touch pad controls the dial is sturdy. If you can buy this model on sale somewhere I high recommend it.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Integrity, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E52AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that the appliance is serving you well. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

It broke down after 3 years and was outside of warranty and Bosch repaired it for free!!

Love this dishwasher. It's quiet, does a super amazing job in cleaning. I bought it based on the Choice recommendation. It's relatively fast. It's a free standing unit so we can place things on top if needed. The digital console broke down after 5 years and Bosch repaired it ($600 worth) for free. I was really chuffed with that excellent customer service.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Hi Miss Marple, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E52AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear of your experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Wouldnt recommend this machine or their customer service helpline to anyone

This machine came with the house when we bought it last year.I was hardly in the country so never got much use out of it then.Since this year when I am using it more often the machine gets very hormonal meaning it has its good days and bad days!I just made do being a mother of 2 I just had to.Finally a few days ago it started lighting up the check water level error.I immediately called Bosch.The lady who took my call was very uptight and pert and very firmly informed me that this machine is 5 years old and from productreview I have seen its discontinued!!?Probably soley for this reason that it has its issues!!Anyway the lady was uptight and said no technician can come sooner and I will have to wait for 5 business days!Thats actually 7 days without a dishwasher.I had no choice and said that its okay.The lady I spoke to was speaking in such a strong accent I couldnt have spoken and understood more than that anyway.Well I just switched off my machine and 2 days later when I just switched it on again to see if that error shows lo behold that error went off.I ran a half load cycle of the quick cycle which was about 15 mins.Well from the outside it sounded like everything was working fine.But then when I opened up the dishwasher expecting the gush of warm air which one usually gets on opening a dishwasher as soon as the cycle finishes it was not so.The inside of the dishwasher was cold as and the water in it had drained but nothing had evaporated.I called the repair helpline again.This time answered by a gentleman(Dont want to mention his name) but he was uptight again.Looks like the customer service of Bosch is meant to be uptight and not very helpful.He said matter of factly that yeah its a problem with the machine.Well he did his job there but in a very cold way!
I know this machine is out of its warranty period but I recently did a kitchen renovation and let my machine be there because of the brand knowing that this is one of the best out there and I should make the most out of it.I just realised it is one of the products which always had its problems and probably was discontinued for the same reason!But now I am afraid that if a bosch machine has a product life of only 5 years am I better off just buying another brand.I dont want to spend a few hundreds on repairs and another problem to crop up after a few months and if I get a new machine which will cost me over a grand and pay the extra for the product care a bosch will still make it to 5 yrs in time for the extra product care to finish and you are back to paying for a new machine or repairs!!!!I was expecting a little more from this machine but it failed to keep to my expectations!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

It's okay

It is pretty quiet. I don't need to pre-clean any dishes. It cleans lots of dishes at a time and I really like "vario speed" option, which saves time, water and electricity. However, I do have a soapy feeling on dishes after cleaning. It doesn't dry the dishes properly, and I can often see the water stain been left on dishes.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Yan, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch SMS50E22AU Dishwasher, we'd recommend adjusting the amount of rinse aid dispensed to improve the drying. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Would be nice if they are a bit cheaper. But then they're say cheaper can never be better.

Absolutely brilliant. We have been introduced to Miele by one of my clients and tell you what we never looked back.
I have never tried any other brand apart from my brother had F&P and the problems he had with it we didn't want to go with that.
Nice and quiet this miele
Love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi Carvaan, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E52AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Failed just outside of warranty

I purchase a Bosch in the hope it would last longer than a few years but sure enough just as it for out of the warranty period it failed, the unit will go to drying when the unit is turned on. I had a repairer come and give me a quote seems to be the bottom pcb. I emailed Bosch but still have not received a response. I am hoping it's a one off as the rest of my whitegoods are Bosch and if that's the case I will not be buying Bosch again.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Hi And82, Thanks for the review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E52AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH1976 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Cleans great but not very energy effecient

Cleans and drys well but not very energy efficient .This model has been discontinued I think and is lacking in features .I would not recommend this model as it is has been repaired a few times since it's purchase . Quite a large washer which is able to hold a large number of items.

Date PurchasedJul 2006
Hi Ange, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the overall positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E22AU Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very Happy With Bosch

The dishwasher has worked perfectly, and does a good job. Occasionally there is a little residue on a dish, usually from being baked on hard, but this comes off easily after the wash.
The dishwasher is surprisingly quiet.
I like the feature of timing the wash for the off peak times, and also the ability to do a half load.
The instructions are clear and easy to understand.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi Snakesmum, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E22AU Dishwasher and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Not what i expected

Not what i would expect from Bosch.
The wheels fell off the runners continuously and had to keep putting back on myself.
I also had to keep cleaning out the drainage it was gross and found that even though the temperature was boiling hot and cleaned glasses well, pots and pans would always end up with me doing the rest even after i had made sure they were clean before i put them in.
Wasn't even that old 3-4 years and we did not work it very hard at all.
I was just disappointed that this brand deteriorated so quickly , i do not think i would buy a Bosch dishwasher again.

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Hi Saramerc, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E22AU Dishwasher. If we can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you so much. Sorry i couldn't be more positive about this one, i know that Bosch endeavours to make a right where their customers are concerned hopefully it was probably just a bad one!

Disappointing

I've always been a fan of Bosch and have purchased exclusively Bosch whitegoods in my house but this dish washer has really let the brand down.

It never dried properly from the start - the workaround was too go into the menu and turn on the 'extra drying' option. While this worked, it uses more power so you aren't getting the advertised energy consumption.

The main fault however was that it frequently failed to clean dishes, especially glasses, and would leave behind a residue of powder and dirt. This was despite regularly cleaning the filter and running clean cycles with Finish dishwasher cleaner. It would work intermittently so we would persevere with it but before long we would inevitably end up re-cleaning dishes by hand after they had been through a full wash cycle.

So, in just over 3 years of ownership (out of warranty now) we have finally had enough and are throwing it out to buy a new one - and it won't be a Bosch.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Hi AndyM156 , Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher and can appreciate your disappointment. We realise that you're now looking to purchase a replacement appliance from a competitor, however if we can be of any assistance to you in future, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Don't waste your money on a Bosch.

It washed fine when it was working,it was quite too, but 2 months out of warranty it died, drain pump failed, just not worth fixing. We thought we were doing the right thing buying a high quality German made machine, wrong. It was our first and very last Bosch. We have bought another brand, this one will be on gumtree soon.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Hi Chris c, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher and can appreciate your disappointment. We realise that you've since purchased a replacement machine from a competitor, however if we can be of any assistance to you in future, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Leaking Inlet Hose

Was working fine until the warranty ran out. Then it started leaking water throughout our kitchen. BOSCH Australia suggested two companies to service it and both quoted >$250 for parts and labour. UGH! Ridiculous. As the sole earner for a family of five I don't know how I'm going to afford it.

Hi Regan, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH208689 in the subject line. Please include the model number (including variant) FD and serial number in your email, any supporting photos, your contact details and a copy of your Purchase Receipt so we can investigate further. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Check water light

After 3 years flawless service our Bosch dishwasher stopped working last week. The check water light constantly flashes, and the machine can not finish its cycle. I bought the Bosch because I wanted something that would last but I was wrong. It cleaned well, but I wouldn't recommend as it didn't last.

Hi Bruce24 , Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAuWell Angela from the After Sales Support Team, was able to tell me how to do a reset of our dishwasher. Touch wood, but so far it is now working perfectly again. I still wonder why when I rang the previous week, the lady that time was no help at all. I just hope it keeps working. Thank you.After working for 2 days the check water light is back on and I can't get the machine to reset. this is just not good enough for a machine that is only 3 years old.

Was once a good machine

Bought a Bosch thinking that we would pay for quality and get a good life out of our new dishwasher. Just after 2 years just out of warranty the machine started playing up. Check water light would come one and stop the machine or put it into constant pump mode. I called Bosch and got the usual check the filter etc etc. Well another year later and after many check water light faults the heat element has stopped working. Tired calling Bosch who were too busy to Answer and wrote them and email with no response.
So cant say I'd buy a Bosch Again.

It was such a wonderful dishwasher new, was quiet and washed well.. but didn't last as long as a cheap whirlpool.

Hi Andy, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH207907 in the subject line. Please include the model number (including variant) FD and serial number in your email, any supporting photos, your contact details and a copy of your Purchase Receipt so we can investigate further. Regards, BoschHomeAuEmail sent, let's hope for a speedy reply. Already getting sick of hand washing dishes. 21/3/16 @ 1503 wstWell good news for me Bosch have replaced my dishwasher with a new one, so excited not to have to wash dishes anymore. Thumbs up to Bosch who organised a service call and then the replacement. If they support all their products like this then I'd definitely buy another one. Andy

No complaints

I bought the dishwasher two months ago after doing lots of research. My previous dishwasher which was about six years old had been dreadful cleaning about 50 percent of the load-which was small and often pre rinsed. Therefore I used to do at least one load of hand dishwashing a day. My new dishwasher has been a heaven sent gift. It's reasonably quiet and washes even the hardest pots and pans beautifully. Haven't had to re wash any object to date. I also don't have to rinse the plates etc any more. Plastics are also cleaned well . Easy to operate and like the stainless steel finish inside. No more do I have to stand doing an extra daily dishwash by hand

Hi Macka, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAuMy Bosch dishwasher is now 2 years old and still amazingly good. Inspired me to get a Bosch front loader washing machine which is also excellentI did too! My dishwasher still working perfectly and my new Bosch front loader which is now a year old is also fabulous.

Doesn't wash very well

This dishwasher is quiet, but doesn't wash the dishes all that well. We have water flowing into a worm farm and therefore can't use harsh chemicals, so we only use natural products, I am not sure if this is the problem. We always have residue and grit on cups in particular. The other problem is that it never drains properly, there is always water in the sump (?) area, which is usually fairly dirty, next time the dishwasher is used that water is recycled all over the dishes.

Hi Steve, Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher. We would suggest referring to your installation manual and checking the specifications of the height and angle of the outlet hose. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAuYou are correct, we recently bought the house and it was installed incorrectly. A plumber came and fixed it, the dishwasher is working far better now.

Happy with purchase

We have had this dishwasher for a couple of months and have tried most of the washing cycles. We have used Finish All-in-One and now Eco Store All-in-One tablets (both with Rinse Aid), and occasionally use a powder (no Rinse Aid) that we already had, and haven't really noticed any difference in the result. There is very little spotting on cutlery or glasses, so we are happy. We normally use the normal 45deg setting, which uses the least power, but take 2hrs 20min, so if we need the dishes quickly, we have used the quick 45deg setting. taking 30min. That has a higher temp final rinse, so be careful you aren't washing any delicate plastics. Occasionally we run a 65deg intensive cycle, which we feel keeps the machine innards cleaner. Only once have we found that dishes have needed re-washing. We had eaten lasagne with cheese and cheese and tomato sauce, and the plates all had residue on them. I rewashed them the next night and then had to hand wash them to get the remains off. (We hadn't soaked them or rinsed off the sauce remains beforehand.)
Other reviews were divided on how well the machine dries. We have found that the dishes are wet if you take them out straight away, but we wash overnight and empty the dishwasher in the morning and most things are fine. Plastics can still need extra drying, and obviously anything with a lip will have water pooled in the top. There is an extra drying option, (which we found a little difficult/fiddly to set to on/off it's not at all intuitive) but this didn't make a huge difference. If we are awake when the cycle finishes, we open the door a bit. There's not too much steam usually, and I think it helps. The door however does not have a 'stop' to enable it to sit open just a bit, so we have to pull out the top drawer a bit and 'balance it against that. With dogs indoors at night, we don't want to leave it wide open.
It is quiet, which is good in an open plan house. The drawers are well set out. The top drawer can be moved up or down, but even in the higher position, it has a good amount of room. Some of the prongs can be folded down to fit odd things in, but we never have needed to do that, The prongs seem to be well angled and spaced to fit our plates and bowls.If you stack bowls in the upper drawer, there is not much room for cups on the side, but you learn how to stack it most efficiently. It fits a whole day's dishes for our family of 6 quite well.
Two years on, we are still happy. We now have solar power, so wash in the daytime when possible. We have started using the shorter program more frequently, as that suits better for our daytime use now. We use with a cheap Aldi powder, and if we have especially greasy dishes, or an extra dirty load, we use Earth Choice tablets and the standard or intensive wash (this seems to clean out the innards of the machine quite well). No special rinse aid.
Quiet. Seems to wash well. Mostly easy to use. Dishes stack well into it.
The door simply pulls open (no actual latch mechanism or lock on model SMS50E52AU), which may not be the best for families with young children. The door will not stay open just a bit to facilitate steam removal.

Hi Tania.briese, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher and delighted to hear that you're overall happy with your dishwasher. We also appreciate you going in to detail for other customers which wash cycles you prefer to use and the type of detergent you find provides you the best wash results. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAuI can't seem to edit my comment again, so adding here. We recently had a mouse in the house and it took a liking to the drainage hose on our dishwasher. Not sure how quickly it ate through it, but there was a lot of it gone by the time water started flooding the floor and we got an error message. Apparently mice like plastic with a high content of organic matter. Certainly it preferred the hose to anything we were using to try to trap it!

Best dishwasher we have ever owned!

I spent a lot of time on this site reading reviews of dishwashers before this recent purchase, as I have never had the good fortune of owning a decent one! This model is not only quiet, it cleans perfectly - never any food residue or re-cleaning required. We have had it in use for two months now and I couldn't recommend it more highly. It is also extremely affordable, easy to use, and very efficient. Other family members also purchased this model and have been extremely happy with it.

Hi Uberstar, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher and are delighted to hear that you're happy with the performance. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 368 339 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Might as well throw your money down the toilet

When I bought this Bosch dishwasher I thought I was buying a quality product. I assumed wrongly that Bosch built quality products which would provide me with years of trouble free dish washing. Bosch have got planned obsolescence down to a fine art. No sooner had the two year warrantee expired and the most expensive part on the dishwasher died (control module). Well done bosch you have lost yourself a customer. If you read this review with the intention of buying a bosch dishwasher "caveat emptor". (buyer beware).

Dear Not Happy Jan, Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS50E22AU / SMS50E32AU / SMS50E52AU Dishwasher and can appreciate your frustration. It sounds as though you have had a technician come out and have a look at your dishwasher, however we are always happy to investigate further. Could you please send us an email at MEL-ASS-Management@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH202567 in the subject line, or call our After Sales Support team on 1300 368 339 during business hours. Please include the model number (including variant) FD and serial number in your email, any supporting photos, your contact details, a copy of your Purchase Receipt and a copy of your Service Repair Receipt so we can investigate further. Regards, BoschHomeAu