Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU

Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU

Stainless (SMS68M38AU) and White (SMS68M32AU)

Nice machine but doesnt last long

We scrape and rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. We cleaning the machine once a month. We have looked after the machine but it has only given us 3.5 years and the heating/drying element has packed up. The parts are so expensive I think its going to cost me cost to $500 to fix - is this common in these machines...I remember paying top dollar for the machine and thinking it was going to last as long as my last machine lasted which was almost 10 years...I am wondering if I should purchase another brand next time - pretty dissapointed !!

Purchased in October 2015 at Masters Home Improvement for $1,273.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Hi Dissapointed,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS68M38AU dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5278 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaThank you for your message I have been emailing but the turnaround is very slow? I have recently sent two emails with no response?

Super quiet

Husband chose the dishwasher. Great choice
I wanted Stainless steel and a cutlery basket.
This is all that and more.
Cutlery tray and basket. Plus two pull out trays for plates and glasses etc.
Cutlery tray is great for utensils and tupperware lids.
Super quiet operation and plenty of programmes to choose from.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Liz, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quite

This Bosch replaced a LG which was used everyday for 6 years the LG was a good machine. The Bosch Is nice & quite I have to check to see if its on. The Bosch is good, it has a top cutlery draw as well as a bottom cutlery basket which they both can come out. The top shelve can move up or down and even be tilted. It cleans & dry's ok. but I have found even with the LG that not all items inside the dishwasher come out all dry. It was expensive . Would I buy another one not sure, I would tell my friends it was ok. My favourite feature is is so quite.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Mary, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M32AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you

Quiet washer

I've replaced a Kleenmaid with this and was mainly looking for a quiet dishwasher and that it is. Good quality construction but the space inside is a bit awkward. Wish i could remove the top cutlery tray... it's annoying and didn't clean well. Need to wash with intensive setting all the time and add hygiene plus... this takes 3hrs. I do like the quick was if a few things need a wash and that's about 45mins.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Jodagal, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch quality and craftsmanship. Great machine

An amazing machine. It cleans the dishes consistently well and we love using it. It's simple to stack and the racks are easy to manipulate it you need more room on the bottom for pans etc. Just be sure you clean the filter regularly as it helps protect the machine and keeps dishes sparkling.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi Mark A, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that the appliance is serving you well. Thank you for sharing your tip for other customers regarding the ease of moving the racks for more room in the bottom rack. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

a very good dishwasher instruction book not the easiest to read

once i worked that the dishwasher can take a while start the directions made sense maybe the book should tell you, washes dishes well, quiet , some cycles dishs not quite dry, can be adapted to clean large objects like racks etc, versatile in number of wash cycles . I like that information where the washer is up to in the wash cycle.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Dill, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quietest dishwasher ever!

This dishwasher cleans the dishes properly, drys well even plastics when using the right setting. The third cutlery tray is very handy and allows for more items to be washed, even small espresso cups fit up top. It is large inside and has more room than previously used dishlex dishwashers. It looks beautiful, doesn’t retain fingerprints and is the quietest appliance in the house! I often have to go up to it to check that it’s on! The display and program buttons are easy to read and simple to use. The Bosch cost me $1091 from Powerland online which turned out to be the Best Buy after much research and investigation into the “best” dishwasher.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Julie Talbot, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thanks! This is am honest and genuine review of your product and I am very pleased with it! Thank you!

Bosch is the boss

Once again I saved up my survey vouchers and purchased the Bosch dishwasher. I was without one for perhaps 6 months right around Christmas time but I didn't want to go for another cheap and nasty one that just doesn't last. And I'm soooo happy with the Bosch it's so super quiet when in use unlike my old one that was very noisy and didn't clean as well as the Bosch. Highly recommend it if you need a fantastic dishwasher.It's not the top of the range price wise but honestly you don't need to spend more money to get great results.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Des, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher and we’re glad to hear that your enjoying your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Always Clean

My Bosh diswasher never lets me down
Glasses are always sparkling clean coffee mugs are stained free
Pots and pans are dirt and oil free
Very quit with all cycles that I use
When my cycle is finished it sounds a bell sound
Payed a bit more but money well spent

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Imma W, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quiet and does the job

Purchased last year and I can say that I am extremely happy with the dishwasher. The dishwasher cleans very well and is very quiet when in use. The cutlery tray at the top is very handy and gives more space instead of using the cradle in the bottom tray.

I found the Vario speed useful which reduces the cycle time to help save on water and energy. Only minor downside is that running vario speed does mean you have to compromise on load and plastic cups/bowls are not completely dry.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi John L, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quiet achiever

I have had a few dishwashers before and compared to this, they are all Mack trucks.

Never had a dirty dish and I have given it some serious challenges. The cutlery rack got a little getting used to, but saves a lot of space on the bottom shelf.

My only criticism would be that wine glasses just don't fit. Though I believe there is an adapter for them, I just don't drink enough to warrant that purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Jacob Fieg, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Amazing, silent dishwasher

We bought this dishwasher because our dog was extremely frightened of the noise our previous dishwasher made. With this Bosch, you hardly hear anything except from the water draining - which is the dishwasher has no part with. The only thing that is stopping me from giving this a full 5 rating is because sometimes the tablet flap will fail to open resulting in dishes not washed with soap. This has happened maybe twice so not the biggest of deals.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Koko86, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Perfect dishwasher

This dishwasher washes and dries dishes really well. The dishes are sparkling clean and I never need to scrape residue off. Its so easy, I just switch it on and forget. It is so quiet, unlike other dishwashers Ive had in the past. My favourite feature would be using the quick cycle, especially for a smaller load. Im very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Denise5858, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Works well!

I usually run the 1hr 35min wash daily sometimes twice a day. It's quiet and cleans well. My favourite feature is that I can run this wash and it save time while still washing effectively. I am really happy with this dishwasher and just love using it. You do need to ensure finish is continually in there to dry the dishes.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Hi Nikki Man, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Super quiet

My partner and I love the 3 hour eco wash.We put it on overnight. Super quiet and cleans really effectively. Lots of space for everything to fit, and top rack 'lifts up' if you need to put bigger plates in on the bottom rack. Easy to install as well. Great buy

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Kitty, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

researched and this model was exactly what we needed !

Easy to load and cutlery Drawer is such an advantage as it doesnt overload the rest of the washer !! lLots of space and big loads no issue !! Lots of different programmes to use as well ! Very Quiet and we have set it for night washing , never been disturbed by any noise . washes well !!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Hi Gryffindor, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you

Excellent dishwasher

This is the first dishwasher I've ever owned, but not the first I've used. It's whisper quiet and cleans very well. Having the 30 minute quick wash is very handy for cleaning dishes that aren't too dirty when you're in a hurry. I can't find any fault with this dishwasher, I love it and would purchase another one in a heartbeat.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi BonezAU, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Fault out of factory

Hello All,i cant give a review on the product ?because the machine went faulty ,giving error codes the first time it was used,To there credit. Bosh sent out a a Tech pretty quickly to tell me the board or pump is faulty. out of Factory.
Left a bad taste wont buy again!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

God this Bosch is brilliant!

I bought this amazing Dishwasher to replace utter garbage by LG that we've been putting up for 10 years and finally it annoyed me enough to take it to CMA recycling and damp it for 2 bucks!
Now, this Bosch was not my first choice, but after checking in store that model I've purchased had plastic bottom on the interior I've decided to get this model instead for an extra couple of hundred bucks. And boy, I don't regret.
It is gorgeous looking, so silent that you always wonder if you actually did started it, versatility of the racks, including awesome utensil's rack is unbeatable. Another big plus is does not make any chimes, nor ding-dongs, unlike previous LG which seemed it would never shut up. What's with these Chinese and Koreans putting all these chimes and melodies on everything they make?
Anyway this Bosch is stylish and elegant as you would expect from Euro product and the main thing, washing of the dishes is remarkable, no matter how tight butt I want to be and save on water and electricity, it just washes off everything even heavily stained pots. This machine just wash dishes brilliantly every time with no sounds emitting. Damn, Germans still make the best products period.
I can't recommended this product enough, it is that good. Time will tell if my impressions will stay the same. However, looking it how brilliant AEG washing machine is that we have for 18 years and still running strongly ( I only had to change brushes on the motor and the suspension shocks. But I am sparky and very handy around house, so I fix things myself.), I don't expect any issues from Bosch either.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi interceptor, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

The best dishwasher I have owned.

Quietness is really important to me in regards dishwashers, and this dishwasher is almost silent, I am very happy with it. Washes really well, dries adequately, and the utensil rack at the top is handy. I prefer dishes to be washed with piping hot water, so I tend to use the Pots and Pans 70° degree cycle mostly and everything comes out spotless.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi JRos, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Cannot get display light to show time light - have followed manual p25 many times. Any help?
No clue, sorry. Maybe manufacturing fault?Good Luck.Hi JulieB, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.hi julie my manual must be different to yours as page 25 in my manual is not for the display, i would try a reset of your machine by turning of at the power switch and remove plug from the gpo for 5 b/10 minutes then replace plug and turn power back on . this worked for my washer when i could not change wash programmes ,it locked up on one programme .

Hi can I connect the sms68m32au model to the hot water inlet connection. Or does it always have to be connected to the cold water connection?
Hi Brian K, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher. We recommend a cold water connection only. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Page 36 of the instruction manual informs you that this dishwasher is for cold water connection only, also this same answer applies to most bosch dishwashers, they are designed to heat the water to the desired water temperature depending on dishwashing cycle selected.

Hi can you please tell me if there is a difference between the Bosch free standing dishwasher SMS68M38AU and the freestanding SMS68M48AU ? I am in Harvey Norman looking at the latter and they say it is a discontinued model and only selling the last floor stock one. I can search the ones ending in 38 online but I don't find anything much ending in 48. Also,is it meant to have a cutlery basket as its basket is missing. Is this machine any good? Quick reply would be appreciated as need to go in tomorrow and choose between the SMS68M48AU or a built under one with a number SMU50M15AU.
Sorry if my answer is late, but it seems that the only difference is that model that I've got is an extra cutlery drawer and it looks like it is more silent than that other model. At least that is what I've found on Bosch website.Sorry if my answer is late, but it seems that the only difference is that model that I've got is an extra cutlery drawer and it looks like it is more silent than that other model. At least that is what I've found on Bosch website. Also it appears that model 38 (one I got) has extra spray head for big pots and pans and has implemented newer and smarter water level and pressure control for better cleaning. Harvey Norman was right it is newer model.Thank you very much for replying.

White (SMS68M32AU)Stainless (SMS68M38AU)
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack , Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack , Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash12 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Maximum Noise Level42 db42 db
Number of Programs66
Number of Place Settings 1515
Colour / Finish WhiteStainless Steel
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual