Bose Solo TV Sound System

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Count Pedro

Count PedroGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The sound that enhances the visual

The Bose solo TV sound system delivers clarity on a range of audio from quietly spoken dialogue passages to intense musical scores. It is easy to set up and once you connect you will be in wonder for all the nuances of sound that you had previously missed.

Purchased in May 2019.

Julie Spiteri

Julie SpiteriGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cant beat bose for sound quality

I have been a huge fan of the sound quality you get from bose and have been a customer for over 20 yrs and always recommend them to all my friends and family.

Wayne

WayneWestern Australia

Great sound for such a small speaker

Simple to use, comfortable remote and simple. Fast plug and play upon setting up. Great for films would recommend a woofer to add more Bass. Very clear, rich sound. Highly recommend

Purchased in January 2019 at Online amazon for $300.00.

Wayne

WayneMedford OR

Works for minimum amount of time.

Good audio, does it’s job, but only lasts a couple years at best. Coming from a company like Bose I assumed I’d be getting a great quality product. I was wrong. I won’t buy Bose again. Called technical support and they offered me $149 to repair it. Why? I already purchased it and it absolutely should last longer than a couple years. I took very good care of the unit as it just sits there. From my correspondence on the phone I got the inclination that they are fully aware of this problem and failed to make it right. DO NOT BUY THIS SYSTEM!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

cuffe01

cuffe01AU

No HDMI!!

So I can confirm that they do sound good. They produce great sound for the price. However, I returned mine and bought a LG sound bar that came with a small sub. Reason being, there was no HDMI connection, only optical or aux. This meant I could not use my tv remote to operate it. It comes with a gigantic universal remote bigger than the tv remote. Since my tv remote is a magic remote and I love it, I would never want to use the remote the system came with. $400 for a sound bar that has no HDMI, shame on you

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Dennis

DennisSydney

Bose Solo 15 Series 2

This is a fantastic and simple system.
The sound quality is excellent and is a "Must Have" to appreciate your TV.
The sound quality is more than adequate for the average house unless you want to have a man cave with lots of speakers.
It looks good.
We did not want the look and sound of a separate "Boom" Box" Subwoofer as most systems have.
The only downside is that there is no indication light of your volume level.
Totally recommend at this level of cost.

JimmxSydney

stuffCanberra 2600, ACT

Clear sound, easy to set up and use

Pam and Grahame P.

Pam and Grahame P.asked

The universal remote does not have any codes for Bauhn tv model ATV5OUHD-0419 .I contacted the Australian Bose office and they gave me two codes to try 3881 and 3611 they did not work my registration no is 070021Z82150659AE

Brianasked

My Hearing is a bit poor for dialogue.
1 Would this be one of the best available soundbar / soundbase for this?
2 Are there others?

stuff

I am unqualified to answer either of your questions. I can tell you that I have hearing issues (wear hearing aids for both ears) and connecting this device made a huge difference. The sound is clear and rich with a little too much bass that my wife and I no longer notice. Yes, there are other brands and types of sound devices for TV's. I have no experience with them so would be unable to help with any advice related to them.

I continue to like the unit and what it does. If you can, go to a Bose store, they should demonstrate the system in a simulated listening environment. This is what finally carried me over the edge to buy one.

Hi Brian,

I am no acoustics engineer and will agree with the previous response on the whole.

My experience with the base on the unit was that it was underwhelming but I think that was more to do with a with a good inbuilt sound system on my TV. That fact probably undersold the base capability to me.

The mid range and higher tones are extreamly clear so you may find that lack of base (all my personal sound preferance only) is an advantage. Also note the unit has no notable sound preferance adjustment so you pretty much 'get what you get with this unit.

Hearing loss often reduces individual capability to hear different frequencies and if this is the case for you I would also suggest going along to a Bose store and trying the unit. If you buy from a reputable retailer with a no fuss return policy it's generally no big deal if it's not what you are expecting in your own home setting. It's a simple and easy unit to set up with little in the way of connectivity so trying at home would only take a short amount of time.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Brian

Thank you both for the courtesies shown in answering. There must be a lot of people who have some difficulty in hearing clearly dialogues on TV and there is very little information on the net.

DK

DKasked

I have a LG 55 inch tv and would like to know if I can fit the Bose Solo on the shelf below the tv ?
Thank you.
DK

stuff

The Bose website has some installation limitations. Basically it can sit under any TV that is less then 18Kg and the base or foot of the TV cannot be wider than 508mm and no deeper than 260mm.

Mine cannot sit under my 46" TV so it sits on the bottom shelf of the TV stand and works fine there. I did have it on the same level and in front of the TV but my wife found it a bit too boomy. It took only a little time to not notice that the sound was below the TV, we don't notice at all any more.

Still very happy with it.

Mike

Get an answer from our members and Bose representatives

CategorySpeakers