Bose SoundLink Around-Ear II

Bose SoundLink Around-Ear II

Disappointing sound for the money.

I was very disappointment with the sound for the price point of these, I say just suck it up and get the Q35 II - this is what I did and I am now happy with quality sound and alround better build quality etc....

If the price point of the Q35 II is too much and you want wireless, try another competing brand.

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer Online Store for $340.00.

Good sound quality

Bose earphone is great, having bluetooth connection and suitable for any indoors and outdoors activities.Its volume is good and wireless can still be connected few distance away from other device

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $3,949.00.

Good for everyday

They are very light, sounds isn't bad at all.. It's not the best I've had, but it's far from the worst. The battery life has been great on them, never gone through a day where they have run out.

Purchased in May 2018.

Worth the price

Headphones have great sound quality for listening to a wide range of music. Wireless range is pretty good and doesn't drop out at all. Headphones stay on firm while I'm walking and feel very comfortable.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Bluetooth

BOSE Soundlink Around-Ear Wireless Headphone AE2W.

BOSE Soundlink Around-Ear Wireless Headphone AE2W.

The Good
The SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphone AE2W is very comfortable to wear, sounds OK for a Bluetooth headphone, and offers good battery life (15 hours). It also works well as a headset for phone calls, its buttons are easy to operate by feel, and a nice carrying case is included.

The Bad
Bluetooth wireless range is not perfect, just OK.
Sound quality does not as good as QC35.
Unlike the QC25, this headphone folds flat but doesn't have a second hinge that allows it to fold up and further reduce its footprint when stowed in its included carrying case.

Purchased in December 2018 for $220.00.

Excellent as usual from Bose

Bought these for my son who listens to music aaalllll day - mostly instrumental and epic movie/game music, so he wanted a high-quality headset to pick up the nuances in the music. He tried my (awesome) QC35's, but he didn't like the sensation of noise-cancelling, but still wanted good sound quality, wireless and comfortable. These fitted the bill perfectly.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Beautiful sound and seamless bluetooth.

The wireless range is pretty good. Can go under the house or upstairs with them still working. Picks up all your paired devices really well. Sound quality is excellent, crisp with good base. Battery life is OK, however it’s frustrating that you cannot charge them and also listen to whatever at the same time. Annoying when they go flat in the middle of something and it’s a 2 hour wait to recharge.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

perfect headphones

bought these headphones last month. Best buy ever, sound quality is mazing and you can literally feel the difference of sound. Perfect to listen varsity of genres. Bass effect is superb and you just forget about the surrounding as noise cancellation is amazing. comfortable to wear , don't hurt your ears like the other headphones.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Love it

The head phones are a perfect addition to my life I love the songs they provide and love the quality they are worth all the money and are great for people travelling to school or work they may not have noise canceling but they Spain’s like they do they are amazing

Date PurchasedDec 2017

I choose the standard for music devices.

Bose is one of my favorite brands.I love the bass effect,At the same time it is very good in every range.Use it to listen to music is a kind of advanced enjoyment.It is not designed to be outstanding.But it has its own design language.Still excellent on the comfort of the wearer.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Excellent!

It is a great brand for music lovers. These headphones are absolutely amazing, It is very comfortable to wear for long hours and it does not hurt your ears. The sound that comes out from these headphones are so clear. You can hear the details of the music played with clarity.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Built for good sound, but not built to last

Very disappointed with the quality and durability of my Bose Soundlink Around-ear II headphones. It has only been 1.5 years and the left speaker has decided to snap off!!!

You would think that spending a good amount of money on a good-quality set of headphones would pay off in the long-run, but that is definitely not the case with Bose headphones - They are certainly not worth it in the long term.

I take great care with all my electronics and obviously I don't excessively twist the speaker beyond its capability. I would have assumed that Bose quality tests their headsets to withstand multiple twist and turns!!!

Been digging around for similar cases on the internet and apparently a lot of people have problems with their headphones RIGHT AFTER their 1-year warranty expires!!!

If you're thinking of buying a pair of nice, sturdy, good-quality headphones, Bose is NOT the goto brand anymore!!!

To add to my disappointment, asking the tech support for an out-of-warranty replacement costs $285, and that's excluding shipping!!! I might as well buy a competitor's headphone for that amount of money!!!

(Can anyone can suggest a better, longer-lasting brand?)

Bose, you've lost my trust in your brand!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Expensive but worth the money

I've had my Bose SoundLink Headphones for a couple years now where I use it primary for my home theater watching movies. It displays 5.1 movies very well which is extremely crisp quality. I like how the cable from the headphones falls out if you extend it to far where you can click it back in place easily. I've done this about 100 times where it hasn't worn out. I feel no discomfort even after wearing for 5+ hours compare to other headphones. Overall, a very solid product that looks expensive and feels like they will last.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Love my headphones!

I use these on a daily basis when taking my dog for a walk. They block out a lot of external noise and sound great. I find them the most comfortable on the market and I have tried several. If you get an additional attachment online you can also use them on planes.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good headphones

Bose have always been great at sound engineering, I was personally more opted to buy the Quiet Comfort 35s but as they are a bit expensive, I chose to go for these ones. The best thing is the cushioning above and on the earcups are very soft and comfortable. It lacks noise cancellation, however has pretty high volumes and crystal clear sound quality. Myer has them on sale sometimes for 20% off, that is the best time to grab them!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Amazing sound quality

These headphones are very comfortable on my ears and the sound quality is also amazing. These two features are enough and worth everything that I paid for them. The battery lasts for a very long time and Like the feeling of having no wired around me, they are to be recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

good customer service

the sales men on this product was very knowledgeable on this he explained the benifits the sound quality is amazing we went back and got a second pair for myself very comfortable wear and can be paired with any phone however the range of the headphones from the device im using can be a problem

Date PurchasedApr 2018

They are definitely NOT worth $229.00

If you want amazing sound quality, these headphones 100% provide top level sound quality. However, the ear cups swivel the wrong direction, you can lay them down but you can not lay them on your neck, this design makes zero sense to me I have never seen another pair of headphones to swivel this way. The ear cups are soft and feel good on your head at first, but there is a very thin layer of cloth separating the speaker from your ear, not enough to keep your ear from rubbing against. At the price level I am very surprised at how cheap the ear cups feel, but great sound quality can not make up for "okay" build quality.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great for flying

I was flying a lot last year. Wish I had these then. Bought in March 2018 . Love the message. Says, off, high or low. Connected to my phone. The battery last for ages. Only recharged once so far. I also use them in class for editing on premiere pro. Blocks out other student noise.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I like it

The cushion is so soft, it comes in a carry bag. If the battery is low, you can use the cable to connect it to pc/laptop and use it. Otherwise, I prefer to it is wireless. I mainly use it at uni library or at home connecting to my iMac and listen to online lecture so doesn't affects other people.

Date PurchasedSep 2017