Bose SoundLink Revolve

Bose SoundLink Revolve

MPNs: 858365-5130 and KHBOSEREVSIL
See the Best Portable Speakers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bose? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3texasboys
3texasboysGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another Battery Failure

Reading other reviews I now know I am not the only one whose Bose Soundlink Resolve simply stopped charging. My wife also bought one as they have great sound, hers has also stopped charging. Researching on the net I have discovered that Bose is aware of the problem. Well and truly out of warranty I now have useless landfill (paperweights?). I would not advise buying this particular Bose model.

Purchased in November 2018 for $299.

Liyo T
Liyo TAU

Best for stereo pairing

I bought a bose revolve after reading all the reviews and wanted to own a bose. But straight from the pack it didnt sound great at all. Then I heard a lot nice stuff about roam. Was almost going to swap it, when I thought I would give Bose another chance by pairing the speakers. Boy o boy, that sound in a closed space from well positioned speakers blowed me away. It was just exceptional. If you can spent enough for 2 speakers, and if you love nice muffled sound with fantastic stereo, go for BOSE.

Special mention to Bose app, its so easy to use and generally very reliable. You dont need to be near the speaker to stream music or to stereo pair. Good battery life too.

Purchased in July 2021 at Amazon for $259.

Darren
Darren

Useless - stopped charging.

Bought from JB hifi 11/ 2018 $299, had trouble from the beginning charging it after battery empty. Then just stopped charging altogether. Contacted Bose $150 to fix. Not worth it out of warranty. Very disappointing. Dont bother.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.

goog
googHunter Region, NSW

Unable to register with bose

Wasted so much time trying to register this , tried even the US site , keeps telling me entered wrong serial number . Now I know why the local dealer ( Bose have cancelled all small dealers) said I would have trouble

Purchased in January 2021.

Chris Irvine
Chris IrvineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

cheap, only lasted 15 months!

bought one of these , it died 15 months from new,.... 3 month out of warrantee . .don't wast you money!!
S/N 0754779828407761E .and then .they wanted $150 to fix it . not a good buy

Purchased in May 2019 for $225.

Corey
CoreyAspley

Disappointing

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.

Excellent sound with one flaw.

Excellent product with wonderful sound. Easily hooks up via Bluetooth to phones or echo dot. The connection to the charge cord is however very fragile . If this connection would be fixed I would give this product 5 stars.

Purchased at Bose.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
KennyG
KennyGIllawarra, NSW

The Bose Soundlink Revolve with the old firmware is great! The new Firmware is a Disappointment

If you can Get A Bose Soundlink Revolve Pre the notorious 3.0.4 Firmware it is a great unit. Poor value for money if it has the 3.0.4 firmware (has poor bass response and connectivity issues (just google it :-) ))
Don't whatever you do, don't let it update if you have the old firmware.

Purchased in December 2018.

MA
MAbrisbane

Poor sound quality

Nice design but very poor sound quality. Very disappointed with the speaker. Not what I was expecting for $300 . The design was nice and the connectivity was very easy though

Purchased in March 2020 at Bose for $300.

jd_mustang
jd_mustangGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well, but i hear a little pop sometimes

I bought this to replace my computer speakers and it plays well. I like the bluetooth function and it works even though i put it on my book shelf about 10 feet away from my computer desk. My only complaint is that sometimes I hear a small pop, i don't know if it is static or if its the bluetooth but having paid so much for a speaker I would expect it not to have this issue.

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for $220.

Static noise

These speakers have a static noise that is particularly noticeable at low listening levels and in quiet environments. From reading the Bose community forum it turns out this is a design defect and applies to all samples of both the Revolve and Revolve +. None of the reset/repair/replacement options solve this problem. I strongly recommend NOT to buy this product.

Purchased in December 2019.

RSB
RSBAU

Great sound no issues

Firstly I think the sound is excellent without paying a fortune, the base is very good for its size. The revolve plus in the store perhaps slightly better sound but not $200 better for me. Have had no issues pairing with 2 x iphone, iPad and Sony tv. The big surprise is we watch the tv with only the Bose, so much clearer than the tv speakers. Battery at this point lasts about what they stated. Over time I know battery wont last as long as brand new, thats normal for all rechargeable devices. We didnt buy to use with the tv so a big plus.

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for $279.

Scott S.
Scott S.Perth, WA

Amazing sound but totally frustrating to use

The sound from this device is truly incredible for it's size but we often give up trying to pair it and revert to our cheap as chips JBL. Seriously, why doesn't a $350 Bose product just pair when you turn it on in range of a Bluetooth device just like the el cheapo JBL does??? I've even had it paired and playing and the Bluetooth drops out with the phone sitting right next to it! The kids are more techy than us and even they say it's well below par. If it didn't sound so amazing it would be in the bin by now.

Purchased in August 2018.

Frangipani D.
Frangipani D.Perth, WA

Love it!

My partner bought me this amazing speak for Xmas and I love it! You can take it anywhere and the battery power lasts for a very long time. The sound is incredibly good and I have it next to my bed at night and bluetooth the TV through it for a much more realistic sound. Is great when paired to my iPod as well. Just wish this sized one had a handle like the bigger one does. All in all, I love it!

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Benji
BenjiNew Zealand

Charging cable broke in a day

Sound is fine
The cradle is cheap and very poorly made - pins bent after a day
The usb female side only accommodated half the usb male side and snapped also
First soundlink mini was made with far greater quality than this piece of junk !!
Sound beats all the others

Date PurchasedOct 2018