JBL Flip 4

MPNs: JBLFLIP4BLK, JBLFLIP4BLU, JBLFLIP4RED and 2 more

Paul V
Paul VSouth Australia

OK at best.

Loud but too bassy. Most annoying feature is the startup sound when turned on, it is too loud and you cannot turn the startup sound off or lower the volume.

terry
terrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never buy JBL ever again.

The battery goes bad after only 18 months... not replaceable...RUBBISH.
JBL knows the faulty battery on the flip 4... which makes it a scam.
Don't waste your money on this... go for a better brand.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

Krystina
KrystinaSpringfield

Wouldn’t recommend

Given as a gift and battery has faulted out, less that a year they won’t look into it because I have no receipt. Absolutely shocking! Obviously have 0 care for customers. Rubbish

Wilma
WilmaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Battery not replaceable and not working after 3 years

JBL Flip 4 worked well for 3 years. Was well looked after.
Then started to crackle and could no longer charge.
JBL told me that indicates the battery has "worn down".
JBL also told me that's normal life expectancy for their battery and that the battery is non replaceable.

Purchased in April 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.00.

Iza
IzaSunshine Coast

Disposable products

Horrible customer service. Products don't last long so as soon as warranty ends (1yr), that's it. They make disposable products that break within 2 yrs and then you get a new one. Not worth it.

Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rubbish

Charger port is loose after 16 months, contacted jbl and apparently it’s unrepairable and it’s out of warranty so bad luck. It’s ok for them but my 11 yo saved his money to buy this crap. Customer service 0

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $150.00.

Dan Mac
Dan MacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Reliable speaker

This speaker is good value for money. It is a reliable piece of technology.
Sound is good for the small size and the microphone works like a charm when connected to my computers. I always use it for conference calls and it has never disappointed me.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Battery died after 15 months

The JBL Flip 4 speaker worked well until the battery died at 15 months.

Harman/JBL were not prepared to replace the speaker and they weren't able to provide options for repair. Don't be fooled by the perception of a quality brand, as this product is below standard and once the warranty has passed, you are merely a sales opportunity for them. I was offered a small compensation - a voucher for their website that I declined.

I won't be buying JBL or Harman products again and I would steer well away from this line of products and the brand. I'm extremely disappointed in the product quality.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $98.00.

Stan
StanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic sound at a reasonable price

I bought the JBL Flip 4 about a year ago love it. My parent's were so impressed they bought one too! It never has any operating issues, and for such a small item, it has fantastic sound and battery life. Can't recommend it highly enough

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $99.00.

Yyilmaz
Yyilmaz

Excellent bass for small package

The sound you get from this thing is exceptional. Unexpected bass and clarity. Waterproof as bonus. I bought it over Black Friday weekend for discount and I wasn’t expecting much. Happy purchase.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $80.00.

Kael
KaelPerth, WA

Great product

Had mine for over a year and use it often. Good sound and bass is surprisingly strong. Spilled water on it which its waterproofing repelled easily. I will use this tough little speaker for years to come.

Purchased in December 2017 for $99.00.

TessaJ
TessaJQueensland

Love my Flip 4

Love my Flip 4. I love the sound quality and the long battery life. Thankfully haven’t had to test out the waterproofing, but it’s reassuring to know that protection is there just in case. Such a silly thing but I also love the range of colours. So many products seem to stick with bland, it’s nice to be able to choose a quality item in a bright colour! My only grouch would be that occasionally I wish that it could be slightly quieter. I find it’s can still be too loud on the lowest setting to be used as background noise when sleeping. Easily fixed by setting it up on the other side of the room.

Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product

High quality, water proof, easy to use, long battery and great sound for such a small unit. Paired this with my phone and TV. Has hands free Bluetooth too .fits it car drink holders.

Purchased in July 2019 for $99.00.

Jane
JaneHunter Region, NSW

Love it!

I was given this as a Mother's Day gift this year. It's a bright, royal blue colour and I love everything about it.
It paired quickly and easily and it doesn't weigh much either, so it's really portable.
The sound quality is fantastic for what it is, considering you can spending hundreds more for something similar. I can even control the playlist and volume from my iWatch, which was extremely handy when we took the Flip to our son's 6th birthday party in the park and needed music for "pass the parcel". Sound quality and volume was spot on and all 35 kids heard the music loud and clear. (Yes, you read right, 35 kids, hence party in the park, LOL!!!)
If I needed to, I'd buy another JBL Flip 4 tomorrow.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $134.00.

Oshie
OshieSydney, NSW

Good sound incredibly poor battery!

Purchased in January 2018 at I.Store Online store.