MPN: KHJBLF4WHT

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love my Flip 4

Love my Flip 4. I love the sound quality and the long battery life. Thankfully haven’t had to test out the waterproofing, but it’s reassuring to know that protection is there just in case. Such a silly thing but I also love the range of colours. So many products seem to stick with bland, it’s nice to be able to choose a quality item in a bright colour! My only grouch would be that occasionally I wish that it could be slightly quieter. I find it’s can still be too loud on the lowest setting to be used as background noise when sleeping. Easily fixed by setting it up on the other side of the room.

Great product

High quality, water proof, easy to use, long battery and great sound for such a small unit. Paired this with my phone and TV. Has hands free Bluetooth too .fits it car drink holders.

Purchased in July 2019 for $99.00.

Love it!

I was given this as a Mother's Day gift this year. It's a bright, royal blue colour and I love everything about it.
It paired quickly and easily and it doesn't weigh much either, so it's really portable.
The sound quality is fantastic for what it is, considering you can spending hundreds more for something similar. I can even control the playlist and volume from my iWatch, which was extremely handy when we took the Flip to our son's 6th birthday party in the park and needed music for "pass the parcel". Sound quality and volume was spot on and all 35 kids heard the music loud and clear. (Yes, you read right, 35 kids, hence party in the park, LOL!!!)
If I needed to, I'd buy another JBL Flip 4 tomorrow.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $134.00.

Good sound incredibly poor battery!

Purchased the speaker from the Qantas store and was very happy with what I received compared to my old speaker.
I barely used the speaker and only for several minutes at a time.
The sound was amazing compared to what I had before.
However close to a year of ownership I realised the speaker was playing up and not lasting as long as it should. I didn't think much of it until the year was over and the speaker kept dying even though the indicators (when they worked) displayed 3 lights of battery.
The indicators themselves stopped lighting up and I never knew what was happening even during charging the indicators wouldn't work and when they did the charge level never reached the final light for some reason.
I did contact Qantas and after a couple hours I received the email stating it's out of warranty (only 2 months out) and to contact the manufacturer, which I did.
The manufacture sent me steps to follow to try and fix the issue which I followed however did nothing.
I tried updating the speaker through the app and there was a very small update, I believe it was 1.9mb and it took 2 hours on mobile data no joke.
I contacted the manufacturer again and I was given the standard it's out of warranty, contact a third party to get it fixed.
I replied back but the same response.
Very poor customer service. Stay away seriously!
I now have to buy another speaker thanks to the rubbish that is JBL!
I've included the images of the update and the speaker on charge with no indicators on.

Purchased in January 2018 at I.Store Online store.

Meets expectations for 6 months

A lot of good reviews for this product seems like they were made soon after their purchase. It was a great product when new; good sound quality, battery lasted 2 days of use. Now, 6 months later, though the sound quality remains somewhat the same, it wasn't as loud as it had to be and the battery doesn't even last more than 4 hours of use. Considering this, I don't feel it's worth its steep price tag.

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $200.00.

Excellent quality and value

Bought the JBL Flip 4 bluetooth speaker and found it really easy to connect and use and the music quality is extraordinary. We had originally bought a cheapie online, but decided to upgrade to a decent one and the JBL is brilliant.

Excellent product

I purchased this for my partners gift
He likes and using every day
Easy to connect and very portable
We used next the pool no worries

He is fussy about sound quality but as the price he was very happy so far

Purchased in December 2017 at The Good Guys for $100.00.

Great until warranty runs out.

Works exactly as well as the flip 3 including the short battery lifespan. At 14 months the battery stops holding charge and we discover that the battery is carefully designed to be almost impossible to replace. It's wrapped in a thin power cable and glued in. Support was unrepentant and unhelpful both JBL and jb hifi. I wouldn't expect more than a year from a flip and as such they're overpriced and overrated.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great quality and robust

Great quality speaker, it's heavy which I like because it's not a cheap quality. It's a solid, great sounding and robust little unit. Love it. It does crackle slightly when turned up which I was a little gutted, but it's practical and great for the work that I do in a workshop setting where it fills a room but doesn't sound tinny. Love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

I love this speaker!

I got this about a year ago, and I love it! Not too big or heavy, and the sound is great. I love the colour - I got the greeny/blue one. I didn’t choose it as it was a Christmas present, but I love it nonetheless. A great speaker, I highly recommend!

JPL Flip 4, small compact with great sound

Bought this on sale after almost all my family members own one each. The sounds are loud & clear with a nice base consider the size of the speaker. Easy to set up and ready to use. Great budget buy. Might not measure up to the upscale speakers out there, but consider its price, it's the best speaker out there so far. Been using it for 1month now, hasn't had issue with drop out connection and battery does last as long as indicated. On/Off button can be a bit lagging at times.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great sound. Totally useless connectivity.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Super powerful

We have the JBL Boombox, Xtreme as well as JBL Bluetooth headphones. Jbl products are excellent. I was worried the flip would be too small but I am blown away with its volume and clarity. Fits in my dashboard and I can take calls handsfree in my car and then put in my handbag. Love this.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Terrible max 4hrs play time at 80%+ volume and <6.5hrs at 50%.

First off I was quite impressed by the build quality except for the ends which they caution not to press in. Not very rugged if you not supposed to touch a certain area. Over all the sound it quite good for a small speaker at an affordable price, though the sound is very high in treble and lacks bass at high volumes. It does play impressively loud for its size. Unfortunately this volume comes at a cost. That is a maximum of 4hrs battery use at 80%+ volume. So if you are at a job site or a party this is going to be a serious issue. For your information 50% volume will give you less than 6.5hrs play time.
They state 12hr play time depending on factors. But 4hrs really is not acceptable and false advertising and even 6.5hrs at 50% is a misrepresentation. I have no idea what volume you need to have it at to get a full 12hrs but it must be around less than 30% which I might as well just be using my phone to play the music.

Pros:
-Looks nice
-Water proof if port flap closed
-Good volume
-Nice sound for the size
-Good price

Cons:
-Very poor play times
-Only partially rugged body
-Poor bass at high volumes

Date PurchasedJun 2018

JBL Flip 4 Portable BT Speaker

Having owned a JBL Flip, then a JBL Flip 3 then a JBL Flip 4, I can say that it an excellent product.

Quality of sound, ease of use, bluetooth connectivity for music, mobile phone and the ability to bluetooth connect to other JBL Flip 4 units make this a product that I recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

excellent speaker

Came free with my phone plan purchase from domanye. It is hands down the best speaker I have ever used in my life. It is super loud, the battery lasts for ages and it is user-friendly. It is portable, well designed and comes in a great array of colours. Comes with a charging cable and three months worth of google music.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent speaker

I got this from Jb hifi. The sales staff put the price down a bit even though it was on sale so I was happy to get it under $100

The sound is excellent and extra features and connectivity have some novelty factor and use.

It connects to Bluetooth easy and I’m happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great speaker at this price point

Best speakers at this price point. I've used the UE boom 2 and the Sony XB20 and I found that JBL flip 4 was by far the best in quality and durability. The bass for such small speakers is great.
The material used to make the speakers are also durable enough for you to throw around in a bag or dangle it off a bag from the rope that its attached to the speakers.
Highly recommended for portable speakers.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent audio quality, open or closed space!

I received this as a gift from my hubby. I could play any type of music inside a room or outdoors at a maximum volume, the sound will always remain crisp and clear. The size and shape is not bulky, fits a cup holder. Plus it is water resistant! So you can take It anywhere, and anytime with no worries!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

can’t rave more about this

The speaker is just awesome, it’s loud and compact. The bass that it gives me is superb considering its size. It’s also easy to connect. when you have already paired your devices, the speaker automatically connects with them with no fuss. All you have to do is open the Bluetooth. It is sold at an average price so you really don’t have to worry if buying it would hurt your pockets.

Date PurchasedOct 2017