JBL Flip 4

JBL Flip 4

MPN: KHJBLF4WHT

Excellent product

I purchased this for my partners gift
He likes and using every day
Easy to connect and very portable
We used next the pool no worries

He is fussy about sound quality but as the price he was very happy so far

Purchased at The Good Guys for $100.00.

Great until warranty runs out.

Works exactly as well as the flip 3 including the short battery lifespan. At 14 months the battery stops holding charge and we discover that the battery is carefully designed to be almost impossible to replace. It's wrapped in a thin power cable and glued in. Support was unrepentant and unhelpful both JBL and jb hifi. I wouldn't expect more than a year from a flip and as such they're overpriced and overrated.

Great quality and robust

Great quality speaker, it's heavy which I like because it's not a cheap quality. It's a solid, great sounding and robust little unit. Love it. It does crackle slightly when turned up which I was a little gutted, but it's practical and great for the work that I do in a workshop setting where it fills a room but doesn't sound tinny. Love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

I love this speaker!

I got this about a year ago, and I love it! Not too big or heavy, and the sound is great. I love the colour - I got the greeny/blue one. I didn’t choose it as it was a Christmas present, but I love it nonetheless. A great speaker, I highly recommend!

JPL Flip 4, small compact with great sound

Bought this on sale after almost all my family members own one each. The sounds are loud & clear with a nice base consider the size of the speaker. Easy to set up and ready to use. Great budget buy. Might not measure up to the upscale speakers out there, but consider its price, it's the best speaker out there so far. Been using it for 1month now, hasn't had issue with drop out connection and battery does last as long as indicated. On/Off button can be a bit lagging at times.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great sound. Totally useless connectivity.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Super powerful

We have the JBL Boombox, Xtreme as well as JBL Bluetooth headphones. Jbl products are excellent. I was worried the flip would be too small but I am blown away with its volume and clarity. Fits in my dashboard and I can take calls handsfree in my car and then put in my handbag. Love this.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Terrible max 4hrs play time at 80%+ volume and <6.5hrs at 50%.

First off I was quite impressed by the build quality except for the ends which they caution not to press in. Not very rugged if you not supposed to touch a certain area. Over all the sound it quite good for a small speaker at an affordable price, though the sound is very high in treble and lacks bass at high volumes. It does play impressively loud for its size. Unfortunately this volume comes at a cost. That is a maximum of 4hrs battery use at 80%+ volume. So if you are at a job site or a party this is going to be a serious issue. For your information 50% volume will give you less than 6.5hrs play time.
They state 12hr play time depending on factors. But 4hrs really is not acceptable and false advertising and even 6.5hrs at 50% is a misrepresentation. I have no idea what volume you need to have it at to get a full 12hrs but it must be around less than 30% which I might as well just be using my phone to play the music.

Pros:
-Looks nice
-Water proof if port flap closed
-Good volume
-Nice sound for the size
-Good price

Cons:
-Very poor play times
-Only partially rugged body
-Poor bass at high volumes

Date PurchasedJun 2018

JBL Flip 4 Portable BT Speaker

Having owned a JBL Flip, then a JBL Flip 3 then a JBL Flip 4, I can say that it an excellent product.

Quality of sound, ease of use, bluetooth connectivity for music, mobile phone and the ability to bluetooth connect to other JBL Flip 4 units make this a product that I recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

excellent speaker

Came free with my phone plan purchase from domanye. It is hands down the best speaker I have ever used in my life. It is super loud, the battery lasts for ages and it is user-friendly. It is portable, well designed and comes in a great array of colours. Comes with a charging cable and three months worth of google music.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent speaker

I got this from Jb hifi. The sales staff put the price down a bit even though it was on sale so I was happy to get it under $100

The sound is excellent and extra features and connectivity have some novelty factor and use.

It connects to Bluetooth easy and I’m happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great speaker at this price point

Best speakers at this price point. I've used the UE boom 2 and the Sony XB20 and I found that JBL flip 4 was by far the best in quality and durability. The bass for such small speakers is great.
The material used to make the speakers are also durable enough for you to throw around in a bag or dangle it off a bag from the rope that its attached to the speakers.
Highly recommended for portable speakers.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent audio quality, open or closed space!

I received this as a gift from my hubby. I could play any type of music inside a room or outdoors at a maximum volume, the sound will always remain crisp and clear. The size and shape is not bulky, fits a cup holder. Plus it is water resistant! So you can take It anywhere, and anytime with no worries!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

can’t rave more about this

The speaker is just awesome, it’s loud and compact. The bass that it gives me is superb considering its size. It’s also easy to connect. when you have already paired your devices, the speaker automatically connects with them with no fuss. All you have to do is open the Bluetooth. It is sold at an average price so you really don’t have to worry if buying it would hurt your pockets.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great speaker

Great looking speaker and excellent sound.

Didn't connect immediately to my Mac, had to go into sound preferences and set up the unit there but once done no problems.

Few products get my esteemed 5 stars

I went to a party at my Sisters place and was blown away by the quality of sound from her UE Megaboom, which cost $NZ300 on special! I know JBL makes great products as well, my Prius has JBL speakers and a Youtube compare of the JBL Flip 4 to the Megaboom made it an attractive proposition especially when local store was selling the JBL for $NZ119. [weblink removed]
I can only concur with what the review says. Tops and bass are accurate and even punchy vocals do not distort noticeably. It has plenty of grunt and having active driver means that it basically is a self-protecting system.
Same time I purchased JBL my daughter purchased the UE mini boom slightly more expensive. That sounds really nice too either speaker you would not be dissapointed in, but I prefer the JBL.
Given the price, performance and features, I would rate the JBL well ahead of the Mega Boom.

Astonishing portable sound

Small and lite enough to take with you but still projects significant and detailed sound.
Sound can be overwhelmed for complex music and bass is adequate .. but given the size I'm very impressed.
I use all around the house, in front of computer and outdoors.
Waterproof is bonus.
For most devices you pause or select next track via bluetooth with range of 10m. Also aux input.
Perfect for computer, outdoors or travelling for single person or small group.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Loud, easy to use - love it

Easy to connect via Bluetooth to both android and Apple phones.
Gives a big kick of bass for something so small.
Great for the beach, camping or just cleaning around the house.
Comes with a bright orange charger lead - so not confusing it with all the other leads is a bonus.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Awesome portable speaker!

The quality of the sound is great! Really attractive design as well. The shape fit to every bag, it is already water-resistant so if you splash a water on it, you don’t need to worry.

Also, the price for the quality is really awesome!!
I have a tip where to buy for the BEST DEAL click on my blog http://explorewithdiana.com/jbl-speaker-travel-buddy/

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great Value

So many Bluetooth speakers on the market today! I did a lot of research and reading before making this purchase, and I'm very pleased with it. My main requirements: compact, portable, long thin shape to fit easily into my computer backpack, battery life, and sound quality. I narrowed it down to 3 models - Sony XB20, a UE Boom 2, and JBL Flip 4, and all 3 were available from Harvey Norman (somewhere I usually avoid) so I went in there and a very helpful sales guy allowed me to listen to all 3. The Sony had the marginally better audio quality than the Flip 4. The Boom 2 lost me straight away once I heard them all. It's louder and well built, but audio quality is noticeably inferior. What put me off the Sony in the end was the poor battery life (which I only knew about from other reviewers' real-life tests), the flashing LED lighting (some people might like this feature, but to me it's just an annoyance), and it didn't feel as ruggedly built to me. I could easily see other people going for the Sony if their priorities were different to mine. Both great choices IMO. Keep in mind that the Flip 4 is at the small end of the speaker scale. Volume, battery life and bass reproduction are not going to be huge with any speaker at this size/price point. It won't power your party! But for something that will be mostly for personal use, or to listen to with just a few people, the Flip 4 is surprisingly good. Even the bass is well balanced until the volume starts getting high. I've put this through its paces for a few days now before posting this review, and I remain very happy with this purchase. It's perfect for my needs.

Date PurchasedAug 2017