Bose Soundlink Revolve Plus

Bose Soundlink Revolve Plus

MPN: KHBOSEREVPBLK

Use it all the time, excellent sound

Great sound and 360 coverage. Battery life seems to last most of the day without any issue. Build quality is top notch, typical from Bose. I've also been pairing it with the Bose micro which works really well, especially across 2 rooms.

Purchased in December 2018 at eBay for $351.20.

Excellent sound with fantastic design

Excellent sound

Wow, the Revolve+ speaker produces amazing sound all around and the size & weight of the unit is perfect.
- Excellent battery life
- Handle feels great
- I liked being able to pair my phone by just tapping on the top of the unit - made it so easy!
- I also have the speaker paired to my laptop which is awesome as laptop speakers are always poor.
- The sound from the Revolve+ easily fills a large room or patio and very good low volume for the bedroom or small spaces.
- You need to download the Bose app (I have android) to disable to annoying voice prompts. I don’t need a speaker to speak to me – I need it to reproduce music.

I did compare to a number of similar sized & priced bluetooth speakers but the clarity & reproduction of sound from the Bose unit is superior. It is more expensive than similarly sized or larger bluetooth speakers, but sound was my decider.

A beautiful product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $370.00.

Quality Sound Beyond Size

Background:

For the past seven months I have been looking for an outdoor Bluetooth speaker that can connect to an auxiliary cable, as well as via bluetooth. This would be the family go-to speaker for connecting Bluetooth smartphones and old iPod Classic music players via a cable.

Criterion:

The device needed to:
• be waterproof, in case of any rain
• fill the outdoor spaces with sound
• have a clear and punchy sound
• carry a decent base without being too boomy
• be lightweight so it could be easily moved from space to space
• be small enough to be perched on walls, tables or in tight spaces
• have easy to read and large enough buttons to turn on and pair with varying devices
• have a decent battery life
• fast charging
• be able to play while charging, if the battery is flat
• be easy to clean

Choice:

I looked at a large variety of speakers and came across the Soundcast VG7. I went and tested it out: it was huge, heavy but had the most amazing sound. It was also $1,200.00.

This was my choice but I didn’t to take account other members of the family, who didn’t want to lug around a 9.5 Kg piece of equipment.

Chance:

I hadn’t looked at the Bose range at this point, as I was initially looking at the JBL Boom-sound type speaker.

I was at JB Hi Fi and spoke with the sale person who looked at us and suggested a more higher end product with a superior quality sound. Here I was introduced to the Bose range.

The outdoor speaker that caught my attention, was the cylindrical pyramid series, called ‘Soundlink Revolve’. The bigger version, called Soundlink Revolve Plus really caught my attention. The speaker comes in black or (lux) grey. The metallic grey looked very attractive and would suit all areas.

In the shop the device just filled the space and as we walked around the fixed display the music seemed to come out from all areas of the device. The music was rich, clear and fulfilling.

The Family’s Choice:

So yes, we purchased the Soundlink Revolve Plus. Once home I tested it out with the iPod Classic and different Bluetooth smart phones. No problems here at all.

My observations and experience over the past weeks are as follows:
• Works flawlessly with no lag in direct auxiliary or Bluetooth connections
• The sound easily fills outdoor spaces of 8m X 3m and 5m X 10m spaces
• There is no distortion of sound whatsoever – every aspect of the tracks plays clearly and precisely
• The base is tight and precise and is at a level that it blends with all the other frequencies.
• It charges very quickly
• It plays for at least 12 hours on one charge
• You get a really good stereo sound and feel, anywhere where you are around the speaker
• It is easily hidden or tucked into a corner or perched on a wall where you cannot see it but hear it perfectly.
• It is water resistant and easily cleaned and wiped off.
• The seven top buttons are large and easy to use and understand without the need of a book/guide
• The carry handle is very tactile, with ridged grooves. It then flips down out of the way and does not block the speakers – very considered.
• The base is wider than the top so it is very stable, especially with the rubberised padding – again: very considered.

Summary:

When you are looking for a device that is simply fit for purpose; you often have to make certain compromises.

With the Bose Soundlink Revolve Plus all the boxes have been ticked. You can tell (if not feel) someone has spent some time measuring and considering the delivery of a well-balanced sounding device encapsulated in a package that is designed to operate in any environment.

This is a small package that delivers big: make no mistake.

Final Word:

If I was to score this out of 100, I would have no hesitation in giving it 100. I honestly can find no fault whatsoever

You will not be disappointed.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $347.00.

Great bluetooth speakers

- Small but great sound. My missus gifted me one and I bought another one for stereo sound.
- Supports stereo mode (i.e. they work as left/ right speakers) and party mode (both work together)
- Truly 360 degree sound and it is very good.
- I use my iPad with the Bose app to control these speakers.
- If you buy these then also buy a cradle as the USB cable socket at the back is flimsy.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Sounds pretty good! BUT!

It should sound "pretty good" at $300 for a single mono speaker!
BUT -- ask anyone to honestly discuss the extremely poor switching control connections between Bluetooth - phone plug - USB audio sources.
Erratic and slow at best. You have to jack around every time you use it to get any of these connections to work.
How basic Bose! Simple switching! REALLY -- THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN ENGINEER AT $300 A POP?

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great product - Sound is amazing from a Bluetooth speaker

360 degree sound is great, good bass but not so heavy it affects the overall sound. Yes it’s expensive but it’s Bose.They have to get the R&D back somehow I guess. My view is you get what you pay for and it does not disappoint. I am planning to buy more and link them all together music inside and out via the Bose app.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

This is Bose. Brillant

I have few Bose devices, including the Bose Sound Dock (Battery Installed) which is one of my favourites, especially when the electricity goes off during a storm. But it does not have Bluetooth connectivity. So I purchased the Revolve plus. I read and heard the other reviews and I am not disappointed in my purchase. In fact, I am listening to it now while I am typing this. The sound quality; some of the Bose sound devices can be a bit light on in the mid-range frequencies but not the Revolve plus. I think it is great. The volume for me is easily loud enough with very little to no distortion at full volume. The 360 degree around sound is awesome, I thought I never needed it until now. You can position the Revolve up against a wall or in the middle of a room and the music can be heard the same by everyone. I have mine in my kitchen and it doesn’t matter where in the kitchen as I can hear the music at the same quality wherever I am in the kitchen. Connection by bluetooth is so quick and as with the other Bose devices I have, I like the audio voice confirmation when connecting to it or switching it on. The Revolve plus is a very well built device, quality finish as Bose products always seem to be, I guess, that is what we pay for. Comparing the Revolve to the Revolve plus. The plus is physically larger and has more Bass, and the handle, believe it or not does make a lot of difference when moving it around. I purchased the recharging cradle for the Revolve plus, to me this is a must. It is like the smart phones and wireless charging pad, once you have one, you will not go back. It also stops the occasional, forgetting to unplug the charging cord when moving. You can play music while you are charging it. A great purchase !

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Sounds Great

The speaker sound great and has good battery life, its a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. It connects through Bluetooth easily and is easy to move around. I may buy another for upstairs. Like most Bose products it is made from good materials and good quality.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Awesome

I was attracted by its design when I first saw it. There are two different sizes. I chose the smaller one because it’s more convenient though the sound quality is not as good as the bigger one. I love its 360 sound effect. I can put it anywhere and the sound is same from anywhere.

Fantastic Product

I was fed up listening to my scratchy sounding Christmas cd’s & as I already had Bose noise cancelling headphones I thought “ that’s it! I have to get a decent Bluetooth speaker to play my music on my IPhone “
I bought the Bose Soundlink Revolve & it’s a fantastic ( bass ) sound for such a small speaker & well worth the money

Awesome Sound I've Come to Expect From Bose

I've owned & still own quite a few Bose products & they're always great. The Soundlink Revolve is no exception. My wife bought it for me after my Soundlink Mini was stolen out of my car. The beauty of the Revolve is that you get great sound in every direction so you can place it say on a table in the middle of the room & everyone sitting around gets amazing sound. I think it's got a bit more power than the Soundlink Mini but is a bit bigger. Battery life is excellent. I love the fact that it just automatically pairs with my phone after you've connected it once. Using a very standard USB connection is a nice feature too as it can just plug into an iPhone charger base.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Damn!

I listened to a range of different wireless speakers before making my final decision. While others were adequate, nothing seemed to be genuinely 'good' after hearing this one. Battery life is great, compact size makes it easy to take with you, sound quality is amazing for its size - the bass is amazing, you really need to listen for yourself if you haven't already. Very happy with this device.

Date PurchasedAug 2007

My favourite thing ever

The bass and clarity are second too none.
I love that it goes so loud it drowns out my neighbours booming stereo.
Portable and waterproof so it can be taken to the beach and swimming pools.
Easy to connect via Bluetooth- I cannot fault this speaker - it's my favourite!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

It is so amazing

The sound was louder than I expect . It works perfectly well in both indoors and outdoors . It has deep bass and crisp treble. The battery life last even longer than 10 hours. Even when you drop it the sound didn't change at all. I recommend this is the perfect speaker for parties and birthdays.

This is THE Bluetooth speaker

I have tried to listen to my iPhone and iPad for awhile. Then I spotted a few Bluetooth speakers, but they were generally pretty tinny. The truth is, you get what you pay for, and in this instance, the Bose Revolve Plus proves the adage. Go ahead, take your favourite mobile unit into a Bose reseller, or a Bose store. Play that favourite tune through this relatively small units. You will be amazed!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Amazing performance from such a small speaker

Purchased this speaker for an 18th birthday party. Took it home and had strange looks as the speaker is tiny and gives the impression that it’s not up to the job (the Plus is the big brother of the two Revolve models).

First reaction when turning on, wow 360 degree sound absolutely fills a room. The speaker is so loud and crisp one forgets the lack of heavy bass.

Run in a tiled room and the sound goes even further. Put the speaker on an object and it can even change the sound a little.

Used it at an 18th birthday party outside mounted on a tripod and it was 100% adequate going at mostly 3/4 to full volume for several hours entertaining 24 young adults on a small residential block with the 360 degree sound not travelling for more than a house or two either side.

Take it indoors and crank it up to transform the atmosphere, brilliant piece of technology that will have anyone looking at it ask how they managed to create such great sound from a small device.

Sure it’s expensive but if you want some sort of portability and love music I would look no further. The battery claims are lengthy but I found it drains much faster on loud volume. The carry handle is nice, it has a very solid build with soft silicon edges and buttons. It’s splashproof but I would not dare take it near water.

Cost $439