Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amazing sound quality and integrated 'Find with Tile' software!

I have been buying Bose audio equipment exclusively for years and have yet to be disappointed! The Bose SoundSport Pulse Wireless headphones are awesome for working out - I personally prefer having a wireless set of headphones that connect the earbuds with a cable (so I don't risk losing one on a run!) but these have never fallen out of my ears when training. The 'Bose Connect' app is really nice to use and makes updating the device firmware super easy - it even comes with integrated 'Find with Tile' software so if I have left them in the change room at the gym I can easily find them. Not only does my music sounds great (especially the bass!) but the call quality is crystal clear and it is super easy to take a call mid-workout. Highly recommend considering these aren't too badly priced compared to other wireless headphones available on the market today.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bose.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort
Battery Life
Bluetooth

Not as durable as expected

I use these headphones for regular cycling (commuting) and general use outside of that. On average, this is about 8 trips of 30-40min per week on a bike, in a sub-tropical climate (so there's some sweat involved).

First up, the sound quality is quite good. I'm no connoisseur, but I have been through a wide range of headphones over the years from Sennheiser, Audiofl and Audio-technica. Sound quality & volume range is up to par and suitable for what I needed them for. They let a bit of background noise in (which I find good) but also have a pretty good fit and don't often fall out.

BT connection is pretty easy. I sometimes have some trouble getting Strava to recognise the HR information, but once set up the first time is pretty hassle-free. Just turn on headphones, put them in and start tracking with Strava, it sorts itself out.

Battery life is good enough. I generally don't charge every day and get a few days use before risking running out; probably equates to about 4hrs use consistently.

The downside I find is build quality. Everything feels pretty tight & fresh out of the box, but it doesn't take too long for the buttons to start feeling a bit sloppy because the rubber is stretching. I'm on my 3rd pair through warranty now as well; the first hit a fault where they wouldn't fully turn off after about 11months, the second just stopped charging and turning on after about a year. The third have now started to fall apart after about a year. Volume button cover is falling off, the rubber seal around the earpiece is falling off, logo has fallen off the earpiece and the electronics are now largely exposed. They still work, but I feel the life is limited.

To be fair, I am a fairly heavy user and put the durability to the test. No in-ear headphones I've had have survived much longer than a year, but these are marketed as sports headphones, so I expected a bit more. I do store them in their bag when not in use as well, so it's not as though I abuse them unduly.

A good choice overall for a sports headphone, but not as durable as they could be.

Purchased in November 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $270.00.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort
Battery Life
Bluetooth

Excellent product for the active lifestyle

After going through a pair of Powerbeats 2 in less than 1 year I was extremely upset with the lack of durability of apple’s so called sports headphones. I purchased these on sale at ebay, and to say that these exceeded expectations would be an understatement. Bose has been known in the past as not having a very punchy base, although these don’t fit that statement. I’ve taken these to the hiking and mountain biking for about week so far and the base is extremely good. Overall sound quality is clear and there was never a need to increase volume for punchier sound. These things are very durable sweat and the odd shower of rain hasn’t been a problem, and they are much easier to clean than the Powerbeats were. They connected in seconds and the range is around 30 ft walls and other obstructions don’t seem to compromise the headphones connectivity. After usage, they lasted around 6 hours on high volume. If your willing to pay out the extra $70, I’d recommend getting the charging case as it adds an extra 18 hours of listening time. My only complaint would be that bose should have included the charging case in stead of hitting you up another $70 for the extra charge time.