Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder

Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder

Pros

• Washes clothes well

• Gets rid of stains

• Gentle on sensitive skin

• Smells fresh

Cons

• Doesn't always dissolve properly

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (25)
  • Smell
Lou

LouSydney, NSW

Is this even a laundry powder?

I don't know how this product is still on the supermarket shelves, it doesn't dissolve when added into washing machine, instead it seizes and clump into one hard lump. The clothes still smell like sweat after wash. Throwing the whole box away, never buy again.

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $9.00.

Heather P.

Heather P.Canberra 2600, ACT

Will never buy again

Washed doona covers .went to put back on bed when changed doona cover in two weeks had a bad smell,as some of my windcheaters had the same smell,will never buy again.

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $550.00.

Useless product

I had previously used this laundry powder and had no problems. However when I bought a new container it just clumped together in the dispenser tray. I used a hot wash and there was no difference. I wrote them an email on 29/06/20 and got a generic, auto-email back. I have heard nothing since, yet I see they are quick to respond to reviews here.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths.

Laundry Detergents

Find out how Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder compares to other Laundry Detergents

Cindy

CindyCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Cakes together, doesn't prevent sweat smells, need to use warm or hot wash

The powder cakes together, so to even get it to work I have to pre-mix with hot water or else it sets like a rock in the container. The clothes also still have quite a heavy sweat smell even though the powder contains eucalyptus. Would never buy this again.

Purchased at Coles.

Jojo N.

Jojo N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Calcifies, so many fillers

The powder calcifies. This means there are unnecessary fillers and not purely cleaning agents. Does not clean well, clothes still has bad smell after washing. I Will not buy again.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $10.00.

RoseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

what happened to the formula?

I thought there was something wrong with my washing machine until I read all the other reviews here - cement-like cake of powder left in dispenser at the end of the wash.

I've been dissolving and putting though the dispenser - but that's not ideal. Someone suggested making more of a paste - I'll try that.

I really, really really want to like and use this product (which I did until this latest box).

It would be nice to hear from Bosisto - what changed? and why?

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $10.00.

Rose

thanks for getting back to me.

Daniel H.

Daniel H.Sydney, NSW

I wanted to love this product.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $10.00.

Pseudonorm

PseudonormAU

It was great before

I believe they reformulated this, for reasons beyond me because this new formulation is utterly useless. After finishing a wash, i noticed that the powder had not dissolved and it was clumped in the dispenser drawer. It looked and felt like a block of stone. The old formula did not have this problem. I've resorted to adding the powder directly to the tub of my front loader. Not ideal but neither is having clumpy powder that doesn't clean clothes.
I'm looking at euca and dirt now as they're also Australia made products. It's a shame. The old product was so good.

Purchased in December 2019.

S.fairbanks

S.fairbanks

Worse laundry powder

Does not disolve in hot or cold water, waste of money, had to pull out chunks of laundry powder from where i put them. Very disapointed when you want to support aussie companies

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $11.00.

FleechickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Left a thick waxy blue residue all over my washing machine and sheets that I can’t remove

This product covered my washing machine and sheets in a thick waxy substance that has been impossible to remove. The substance also took the colour out of my blue sheets, so the waxy substance is blue in colour. My sheets are covered in it and when I got the sheets out of the washing machine bits of this blue wax fell all over the carpet, marking it. I don’t know what is wrong with the product but I am tearing my hair out trying to clean the thick residue off my washing machine so I can use it again. Generally I love Bosisto products, but this washing powder is seriously flawed.

Purchased in July 2020.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I sent through an email through your website on the weekend with my details. Please let me know if you haven’t received it. I am happy to chat you about my experience. Thank you.

ImmortelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to love this powder...not now!

I bought a new washing machine and put a scoop of Bosistos in the drawer for the first wash. One hour later I came back to find a lump of eucalyptus scented CONCRETE in the dispenser drawer! Very unhappy. I’m going shopping in the morning to buy something else.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths.

Shannyn

Product doesn't dissolve, terrible customer service.

Purchased in December 2019.

Joanne C.

Joanne C.

Powder Not Dissolving

Like others, the powder did not dissolve and clumped together. 1st time trying this and I come here and read a lot of ppl have the same issue. I normal but the liquid which I love and tried the powder as I want to buy in bulk but very disappointed.....

Purchased in July 2020 at IGA for $9.70.

ALH

ALHSydney, NSW

Have been very disappointed lately.

Had switched to using most of your products because Australian made and less chemicals. Lately the washing powder has not been dissolving and clogging up my dispenser. Was happy to pay price, but not now. My daughter in law has same problem.

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for $12.00.

Rob M.

Rob M.Perth, WA

Not as good as I expected

Have had good results from this product previously until i bought the 10kg tub. The washing powder now clumps in the dispenser of my front loader washer even when using only half a scoop per washing cycle. Only way i have been able to prevent the clumping is to pour boiling water into the dispenser at the beginning of the washing cycle.
Apart from the clumping this product does clean well, smell nice and I like to support Australian made and owned products but improvement is needed as I will switch brand if the clumping issue is not resolved and I do not recommend buying the 10kg tubs as it’s a lot of powder to get through when not 100% happy with the product.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bisisto’s online store .

Heather

HeatherGippsland, VIC

Very unhappy with the change in formula

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $9.50.

Got it Heather, thanks!

Sonia

SoniaVictoria

Won’t dissolve

Not sure what has changed in your formula but the powder won’t dissolve.
I’ve opened the draw to find a hard blob of hardened powder on multiple occasions.
Your old formula was great!
I’ve had to throw out the entire box and use something else.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths.

Ape

Ape

Scoop size almost doubled!

They increase the size of the scoop supplied to almost double the original size. Something fishy is going on, does it mean the new formula is not effective that we have to use double the amount for one load ?

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $9.00.

Laura

LauraHunter Region, NSW

Finally! An Outstanding Performance!

I have autoimmune disorders and have tried so many other similar products. I feared lackluster results were my lot. So grateful to have bright, clean, fresh-smelling sheets and clothing again!

Purchased in April 2020 at Bosistos online.

Customer ServiceBosisto's

This is so wonderful to hear, Laura! We're so happy the product has helped you AND you've got fresh clean laundry too :) Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. The Bosisto's Team.

Britt F.

Britt F.South East Queensland, QLD

Best washing powder I've found.

I have been trying to make the effort recently to be more aware of chemicals in our families products and looking for an overall more sustainable product. This is honestly the best washing powder I have ever used and have tried several brands. It keeps my husbands dirty work clothes clean and my babies cloth nappies fresh. I have just ordered the bulk laundry powder and lots of other stuff from their range!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bosisto for $75.00.

Customer ServiceBosisto's

Thankyou so much Britt, that is wonderful to hear! Kind Regards, the Bosisto's Team.

Robynasked

Can this product be used to wash baby clotbes

Hi Robyn
Yes it can. However if you're looking for a specific baby laundry liquid, we recommend this one by our sister brand, Euky Bear: https://eukybear.com.au/collections/laundry

It's only online at the moment, but the brand do have sales and free shipping offers if you sign up to their newsletter. Kindest Regards, Bosisto's (and Euky Bear)!

Robyn

Thankyou for your answer. That is most helpful

Janet

Janetasked

we have developed a rash is this possibly caused by the laundry powder?

Hi Janet
Sorry to hear this. You'd be best to see your GP to discuss possible causes of your rash - there are many possible causes including infections and food allergies as well. Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder has been dermatologically tested as kind to sensitive skin, so we wouldn't think it's likely to be the cause. But speaking to your GP would be the best idea. Kind Regards, Bosisto's Team.

Stuart H.

Stuart H.asked

Going by the reviews of the soap powder, are the people using cold water or warm water? I read in CHOICE that the cold water in Australia is actually to cold for cold water washing. They stated this after testing numerous products both liquid and powder.

Shannyn

I wash in hot and cold but only have cold going through the dispenser (machine heats the water) but prior to a change in their product I never had an issue with the product, it's only been in recent months.

Immortelle

Same. Most machines now only have a cold fill option.

Get an answer from our members and Bosisto's representatives

Features:

• Bosisto’s Sensitive Laundry Powder uses pure, locally harvested eucalyptus oil, which gives your laundry a thorough clean with its antibacterial properties.
  • It’s dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic, so it’s gentle on all skin types.
  • The powder doesn’t contain any synthetic fragrances or dyes, fillers or enzymes - this sensitive formula means you don’t have to worry about your laundry giving you a rash.
  • Because it doesn’t contain sodium lauryl sulphates, it’s an eco-friendly option.
  • The detergent is safe to use in grey water systems, so you can reuse your water for your plants.
  • It can be used in front and top loading washing machines, meaning anyone with a machine can give it a go.
  • A 1kg box of laundry powder costs $9.70.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found that the laundry powder cleaned all kinds of fabric well and removed stains, but was also gentle on their clothes.
  • Reviewers with sensitive skin and allergies found that the detergent didn’t cause irritation.
  • According to reviewers, their laundry smelled pleasant and clean after using the powder.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that the powder clumps together and doesn’t dissolve properly, sometimes leaving residue on their clothes and in their machines.
CategoryLaundry Detergents