Bossweld MIG 186

3.4

Moparman R.

Moparman R.North-West & West coast, TAS

Mig 186 Awesome welder

Awesome welder never gave me any problems I the 18 months I had I wish I could of taken it with me in my last move overseas to Minnesota but I couldn't

Purchased in July 2018.

Rick Wadley

Rick WadleyLaunceston, TAS

Faulty welders, do not purchase

I purchased a Mig 186 from Bunnings, after 25% of a roll of wire use the wire feed failed. Bunnings supplied a second welder after 2 hours of work the second welder failed.Wire feed again.This has cost us 3 days of time, late delivery on product and due to the faulty component we will not purchase goods from Bunnings again.How can 2 x welders faill without even using 1 x roll of wire??

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $480.00.

Nathan

NathanSydney, NSW

Absolute junk

I brought this machine to do yard work on my property the weld quality is horrific compared to other brands I have used in the past. When looking at the build quality the wire feed system it looks and feels cheap and flimsy as well as the torch and leads it came with i am really disappointed and im kicking myself for not buying something better.

Purchased in March 2020 at Gasweld for $1,160.00.

Welders

Find out how Bossweld MIG 186 compares to other Welders

Great little 240v welder

Great little welder, portable and more than adequate for welding up n my stock yards. Works great on gasless wore and with argon mix gas. I Highly recommend this machine.

Purchased in January 2015 at Precesion took and welding for $450.00.

Esk Welding

Esk WeldingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid machine

I have used the Mig 186 for over 5 yrs and had one issue in it's early days, was replaced under warranty straight away and it has been going well. I use it daily in my work shop on all steel up to 10mm. Best value for money in this current market.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
HunterBuilt

HunterBuiltMaitland

Great Aussie product. Works very well. Welds thin metals.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
nath

nathmandurah

Absolute pieces of crap

Bought a bossweld tig 161 A/C D/C / HF from burnback in Perth about 3 years ago only had machine for about 2 weeks and used it twice in that time and it broke it self took it back to burnback who promptly repaired under warranty since then i have probably used it 3 to 4 times in last 2 and a half too 3 years and its probably done about 1.5 hours welding in that time and its broke itself again called burnback going to cost me $100 dollars just to diagnose problem then parts and labour ontop of that would never buy another bossweld welder as long as i live and wouldn't recommend to anyone unit cost me around $1300 3 years ago.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
mike the bike

mike the bike

Bossweld 100 Amp M100 Gasless MIG Inverter Welder

Fantastic welder and half the weight of the Ozito. for a small welder it was great for welding up my motorbike subframe .I was concerned about strenght so welded up some cut up pipe and could not break it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Rocky

RockyDarwin

OK for the price.

Welders

Find out how Bossweld MIG 186 compares to other Welders

Herom44

Herom44Australia

This unit is a piece of crap

I have old Mig welder and never had a problem welding with it until it decided to stop. Went and purchased a new unit and it's not has good has the OLD unit.

steelmill

steelmillPerth, WA

Bossweld MIG 186 Very Reliable.

The Bossweld MIG 186 is a portable and robust MIG welding machine that boasts excellent performance characteristics and features an euro connect torch for direct wire drive, coupled with a solid metal drive assembly which makes it the perfect choice for your next welding project. Manufactured under strict quality control methods, the easy to use Bossweld MIG 186 is perfect for all 240Volt applications including DIY, light fabrication, farm maintenance, maintenance & repair, as well as the serious home user and hobbyist. It is an excellent MIG welder, work very well, say what it meant to do. It is very reliable.

Tim L.

Tim L.asked

I have a gasless Bossweld M100 that I bought from Bunnings about 2 years ago so out of warranty. I haven't used it much and not for 6 or 8 months or so. Got it out today but I can't get it to Arc. Wire feeder works ok and I can here the fan running but no arc. Any ideas.

Hi Tim,
Can you please give us a call on 02 8761 6500 or email us at sales@dynaweld.com.au with your contact details and we will contact you. One of our sales team or technicians can help you out.

Michael in Tassie

Michael in Tassieasked

I have a new BossWeld MIG 186 I recently purchased. The wire sticks in the handgun and causes all sorts of trouble inside the welder. Any suggestions to rectify this? Michael in Tassie

Hi Michael,

Dear BossWeld, I did some modofications on the holder for the wire spool and changed the handgun nipple so I think I may have solved the problems. Thank you for your offer of assistance but it seems I worked the problem out myself.
Regards Michael

BossweldBossweld

Not a problem Michael. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us on 02 8761 6500 or email us at sales@dynaweld.com.au.

Domasked

Hi,
Where can I purchase spare parts for the Bossweld 186 in the southwest of Sydney?
Many thanks in advance.

BossweldBossweld

Hi Dom, please give us a call on 02 8761 6500 and our sales team and technicians can work out with you what spare parts and the part numbers you require and the most convenient one of our distributors for you to purchase from.

Many thanks

Get an answer from our members and Bossweld representatives