UNIMIG VIPER 185 KUMJRVM185 MIG/TIG/Stick Welder

UNIMIG VIPER 185 KUMJRVM185 MIG/TIG/Stick Welder

MPN: KUMJRVM185

Love it

So far everything is good can’t folt it highly recommend it to all my fends that weld can’t think of eny think rong with it at all thank you. Norm

Purchased in January 2021 for A$799.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Norm!

Claus Schmid

Claus SchmidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My purchase of a viper 185.

Extremely happy, excellent support, I couldn’t ask for more. The best $700 I have spent on tools in a long , long time. Also invaluable to me was the tuition provided as I am a fairly novice welder. As I said very happy. Thanks guys.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Claus!

Nate

NateNorthern Region, NSW

Great little machine.

Unimig 185 viper. Great machine. Light weight. Easy to use. All round good machine. Worth the money. Yet to try the tig. No fault with the mig. Thanks great service.

Purchased in December 2020 for A$795.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Nate!

Welders

Find out how UNIMIG VIPER 185 KUMJRVM185 MIG/TIG/Stick Welder compares to other Welders

Alex L.

Alex L.Southeast, SA

Should have invested sooner !!

Absolutely love it don't know why I didn't buy it sooner, awesome customer service from unimig haven't looked back since ! Would recommend to anyone! Haven't used the Tig function yet as I am waiting for my redemption torch to turn up and need to use my CO2/ argon mix so I can go straight argon but I'm sure it's great 5 stars all day long !

Purchased in January 2021 at Total Tools for A$800.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Alex!

Love my Viper 185 !!!

Purchased in December 2020 at Total Tools for A$794.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Kane!

Rob Lowrie

Rob LowrieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awesome unit

Awesome welder, great for at home and on-site work. Arc and Mig feature work perfectly fine. Just wish my tig torch redemption would arrive and then I'll be giving that a blast

Purchased in December 2020 at Total Tools VIC, Epping for A$700.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Rob!

Jodiewilk

JodiewilkGoldfields, WA

It is a great Welder

It is a great Mig welder 185 I thought the video on your website that was great couldn’t be happier.It was very informative and explain how to set it up.

Purchased in December 2020 at Hamptons .

Air System Repairs

Air System Repairs Gippsland, VIC

So Far So Good

Initial use has been easy with just gasless mig on a simple job. I will eventually go to gas though to. Waiting for my TIG torch and will then have a complete system

Purchased in December 2020 for A$794.00.

Bob McLean

Bob McLeanPeel, WA

Mig/Tig

Awesome.
Great value for the money.
Easy to set up and use with great results.
Waiting for the amazing bonus pack to arrive.
Can not wait to try the Tig side of the unit out.

Purchased in December 2020 at Total Tools WA, Mandurah for A$794.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Bob!

Welders

Wire feed on Viper 185 leads to more productivity and less profanity! Thank you Unimig!

I’ve had a 190 SIP for years and I always struggled with the wire feed, whereas this new Unimig Viper 185 and it’s geared wire feed is rock solid. No hesitation or slip and chatter.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Sean!

Good value for money

Very smooth arc, torch angle/grip is easy to use without causing my old hands to shake. Good usable length leads . Yet to use Spool gun (waiting for delivery) should be good.

Purchased in December 2020 at Norstate for A$1,245.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Garry!

Unimig 185

Great little welder , easy to use and setup , this i my second unimig i have just come off a unimig 180 that I had for the past 6 year and never missed a beat and still running strong i hope this one will be the same

Purchased in November 2020 at Total Tools VIC, Shepparton for A$799.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Craig!

Rob Canweld

Rob CanweldSouth Australia

VIPER 185

Don’t really know much about welding. Though since buying the 185 I’ve enjoyed learning.
GREAT MACHINE and would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn how to weld or even just upgrade

Purchased in December 2020 for A$820.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Rob!

Peter C.

Peter C.South East Queensland, QLD

I Can Weld!!!!

I have come from a 25 year old Handy Mig, my welds have always been functional but not pretty. First weld with my Unimig 185 was a thing of beauty. I always thought my problem was 50% machine/50% operator but now I know it was mainly my old welder holding me back. Great machine and I will actually enjoy welding from now on.

Purchased in December 2020 at Total Tools QLD, Brendale for A$794.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review Peter!

Richard A.

Richard A.

Loving it

Would have been nice to get some wire & tips.
But once that was sorted I knocked up some shelves and work benches. Easy to set-up & the 10amp plug is great.
Good times.

Purchased in December 2020 at Burnback welding. for A$799.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review Richard!

Phil

PhilSydney, NSW

Great unit,very happy.

Easy to use, straight out of the box. Big improvement from my old MIG. Lots more features and parameters that can be adjusted to suite the welding job. Love the length and flexibility of the torch lead.

Purchased in December 2020 at Sydney Tools NSW, Brookvale for A$794.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review Phil!

Steve

SteveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Awesome welder

Best investment I have made in the workshop for a few years. More than impressed with the quality of this multi functional product. Easy to transport and do work onsite.

Purchased in December 2020 at Total Tools VIC, Bendigo for A$794.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review Steve!

Dustys Fabrication Co

Dustys Fabrication Co Darling Downs, QLD

It was a great choice.

Loving every second I’m pushing the trigger. Such a great product n was a good upgrade. This is the project I tackled first with the welder n it’s coming up a treat so far.

Purchased in December 2020 at Total Tools for A$794.00.

Bec

Bec

Working good

Used it today on the gassless mig fixing my mower. Welds came out good a couple of times the wire got caught up near the wire feed but it sorted itself out I hope.

Purchased in November 2020 for A$799.00.

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Thanks for the review, Bec!

Emmanuel

EmmanuelSydney, NSW

Happy Days

no more borrowing a welder to work on my car cant wait to get my Tig gun from the redemption package then i can work on the boat too more happy days ahead

Purchased in November 2020 at Sydney Tools NSW for A$794.00.

Alpha M.

Alpha M.asked

Hi, continuous use of the welder, does it switch off? Overheat?

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Hi there. The duty cycle of the VIPER 185 in MIG is 10% @ 180A. Essentially that means at 40°C, if you run the machine at maximum capacity, it will run for 10% of a 10 minute period (1 minute). Therefore, at cooler temperatures and at lower capacity, the machine will run much longer before it turns itself off for safety reasons.

HarryLasked

Hi All. I am very much a novice welder. Purchasing my Unimig Viper 185 from Total Tools back in June of 2020. I am concerned about the home wiring requirements needed to Mig weld some heavier steel bar. (4.8mm x 75mm)
I note the Max current could be up to 31 Amps. Using 0.9 wire and the suggested settings of around 10 m/m and 21v, I could be edging up to those maximum Amps. My home 10 Amp circuit is protected by a 16 Amp Breaker. Does my home circuit need to be upgraded, or will the Duty cycle/Thermal overload trip the machine before then.
Thanks in advance.
Harry

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Hi Harry, no need to upgrade your home circuit, the machine will not trip it.

HarryL

Many thanks for your reply.

Dazzaasked

Has anyone had trouble welding aluminum with the TIG function ? I can tig weld steel, S/S etc but not aluminum. I can't get a weld pool to start for some reason , tried from the lowest amp setting onwards. Any suggestions ??

UNIMIGUNIMIG

Hi Dazza, it is not possible to TIG weld aluminium with the VIPER 185. You'll need an AC TIG welder for aluminium. You can weld Aluminium using MIG on the VIPER 185 by either changing the torch liner to an aluminium liner, or connecting a spool gun.

Dazza

Can i ask why its not possible ?

UNIMIGUNIMIG

TIG welding Aluminium requires AC. The VIPER 185 is a DC only machine.

Get an answer from our members and UNIMIG representatives

• MPN: KUMJRVM185