Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:KUMJRVM185

4.9
4.9
Easy to use
Lightweight, mobile unit
Suitable for all types of welding

Nathan M.2 posts

Best welder money can buy for a diy welder

Awesome machine. I bought it in a kit. Came with everything. Helmet, gloves and consumables. Awesome Mig torch. Stick lead. Earth lead and twin argon gas gauge and a roll of mig wire. Has everything you need to be able to weld from the get go except gas. Show details ·  1
AJ Bellman
AJ Bellman

Awesome Mig

Honestly can't fault it... Beautiful to use, fast and effective gas mig welding. Buy it, U won't regret it! Show details
pduffydGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts
Tank
TankSouth East Queensland, QLD

Welding Made Easy

I have been in the engineering and welding industry for over 35 yrs. and I have worked with many different brands of welding machines from Esab, Lincoln Electric, Miller, Cigweld, Hobart Welders, Kemppi, even a couple that had to be controlled with a choke (For those who are conversant wih that model).............lol Show details ·  1
Peter vink
Peter vinkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great welder made life easier

Happy with the welder but did notice the production date was 03/09/2020 and I brought it on 09/08/2023 already 3 years old not very happy about that ???? Show details
Craig

Excelent

Very Happy with MIG welding results so far so good Show details ·  1
ori04
ori04Darling Downs, QLD11 posts

A great welder for the hobbyist

I bought the Unimig Viper 185 bundle from Total Tools as I was restoring my HJ Holden that needed rust repairs and for basic metal fabrication e.g. making a workbench etc. I really like the control adjustability with infinitely variable wire speed and amps. My old Mechpro welder only had three amperage settings and was tricky to use on thin material. I’ve only used the gas and gas less MIG functions so far but it’s been great for a novice welder like myself. I highly recommend this welder. Show details ·  1
Tkrucker47
Tkrucker47AU2 posts

This welder is a great improvement on the old one I was trying to use

I love the simplicity of the 185. It allows me to adjust manually the settings that I prefer. I thought about the 165 but am pleased that I got the 185 instead. I am only Mig welding at the moment and this welder suits me perfectly. I haven't tried the stick welding, which was my former method of welding, yet. I am very happy with my purchase. Thank you. Show details ·  1
benrodricks
benrodricksSydney, NSW10 posts

awesome home hobby welder

my first proper welder. run gas and with the settings guide it's easy to get penetrating welds, I've now repaired boat trailer my father's box trailer and built a horizontal bike rack for family of 5. a handy tool for the garage. only use mig so far. Show details ·  1
Glen
Glen

Mig welder

Great product with the ability to do larger jobs once your skills improve. It paid for itself after the first job.
Its easy to lift and and simple to use. Just about to weld a new floor in the boat.
Highly recommend this product for home use. Show details ·  1
Video C.
Video C.

Poor customer service

Unimig office staff are a bunch of clowns, customer service is non existent. Baz Show details
UNIMIG
UNIMIG   DM
Mark
MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Fantastic unit welds alloy great

Very happy with my viper 185 brought the 150 spool gun for welding alloy and let me tell you it welds great . Carnt believe it runs so go on 10amp plug . Great unit Unimig very happy cheers Show details ·  1
Pete
Pete

What a ripper!!

Easy to set up and welds great, an awesome upgrade from old Cigweld 135 mig Show details ·  1
oldgrumpy
oldgrumpy
  Fair Incentive

Very impressed with my purchase. Need to find more things to weld

Best service I have ever had, phone service was impeccable. Thank you very much would definitely recommend purchasing from this seller. Show details ·  1

Phillip

Hi my name is Phil. I've just purchased the 185 unimig. Can you please tell me if I can tig weld aluminium on this machine. If so could you please send a link of a video showing me how to set up for tig aluminium. Thankyou. Phil.

Nathan M.

You can't tig weld aluminium with this welder.... You can get a spool gun and mig weld it though

pduffyd

Hi Phil, you will need a spool gun for this which Unimig can sell you.
Please have a look at this link and video.

Phillip

Thanks fella's. Spool gun it is .

Alex
Alex

Can I use it with aluminium wire 1.6mm? I'd like to use it with 1.6mm.
If not possible can I use it with 1.2mm wire? Do I need anything special?
What length of MIG torch 3 or 4 meters it comes with?

Guy Fawkes

Do you have to buy the spool gun to weld aluminium or can the regular wire feeder in the unit suffice ?

UNIMIG
UNIMIG   DM
Guy Fawkes

Great answer/reply ! Many thanks for the follow up. :)

Features:

• The UNIMIG VIPER 185 is a multi-process welder, letting you do MIG, TIG, or STICK welding.
  • With a standard 10-amp outlet, it’s ready to be used anywhere.
  • A voltage reduction device helps prevent voltage overloading, to both protect you and the machine.
  • The machine has a geared roller drive unit, which provides a smooth and consistent wire feed as well as assisting with using longer MIG torches.
  • It’s also Spool Gun ready, so you can attach a Spool Gun to run wires with a softer core, such as aluminium MIG wire.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this welder was easy to use, even for beginners to welding. Reviewers said part of the reason it was easy to use was because UNIMIG provided easy-to-follow instructions and videos to help users.
  • Reviewers also said that the unit was relatively lightweight and easy to move around.
  • According to reviewers, the machine worked well for all types of welding, with users saying that it had plenty of power to weld heavier metals as well as light gauge. They also appreciated how easy it was to switch between welding types.
  • MPN: KUMJRVM185