2Braemar Paradigm

Amused
AmusedPerth, WA6 posts
  Verified LCQ 550

Evap Air-Conditioning

Rob and the staff at Quality Air Conditioning, Canning Vale were friendly, informative and on the ball with every aspect of the sale and install. The entire process from start to finish took under two weeks plus everything was on time and conducted in a super professional manner. The best part was the cost, competitors weren't anywhere the ballpark. Thank you for an excellent A/c Un Show reply
SimonB
SimonBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  Verified LCQ 350

A great system that works well

Had the LCQ350 installed to replace an ancient dinosaur evaporative system from the 1990s. Ducting and ducts were replaced as well.
109sqm, 3 bedroom house.
This system is significantly more efficient than the previous system. It's currently 39C outside and the entire house is less than 26C.
I like the MagIQTouch over a wired controller. Being able to set the speed or temp is great. At night I can set the temp to 25C and the system kicks in and out as needed. Show details ·  1
Darrell
DarrellPerth6 posts

When it works its a 5

It was expensive to instal, keeps turning off and then back on after around 45 mins to an hr. Turns off when the fan gets adjusted, turns off when the temp gets adjusted, service tech replaced the wireless controller with a wired controller. still shuts off and more frequent and charged me for the unit! Show details
Review of things I own
Review of things I own5 posts
  LCB 450

Continual electric hum is maddening

Our LCB 450 is 8 years old. The week it was installed (about 8 years ago) I called the installer back to deal with the loud hum from the unit. They replaced the 600w electric motor under warranty. The loud electric hum was the same.

After 8 year of humming hell today we had the newer ‘super stealth’ version of this installed. Same darn electric hum, but just marginally quieter. Asked them to take it straight off and reverted to our 8 year old LCB450 unit. Not worth the $4400 change over cost for no benefit in improved sound level.

Such a shame. We’ll now upgrade to the Breezair drum fan type for $1000 more ($5400 in total). Show details

LauriePerth, WA16 posts

magiQtouch controller is awful

I have fitted Braemar Paradigm evap aircons to 5 of my properties and recommended to 2 friends who also fitted these units. All performed well except the last one which came with a MagiQtouch controller. Compared to the Magicool controller this unit does not perform as well as fan speed cannot be controlled in auto (temp setting). Added to this the fan speed is inconsistent throughout the day running flat out when only 1 degree of temperature difference is shown. Works well when 'speed' is selected but does not detect temperature so runs continuously until manual selection to 'temp'. I asked for the magicool controller but was provided with the MagiQtouch. Show details
Mitch
MitchMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Good for the money

I have a 135 square meter house. Slate floor with a double brick lounge wall. The unit sits at 25 degrees on a 41 degree day in Adelaide, 22 degrees on a 35 degree day. You have to turn the unit on in the morning for it to achieve that. It's also great for keeping the house fresh when cooking inside. I would recommend it but you do need to run it for the whole day, which is still very affordable compare to a refrigeration system. Show details ·  1
Lachlan
LachlanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Perfect unit

This unit is great. Never have an issue with it. Cools the house down to freezing which is great. Fan runs quiet and smooth without a problem. I would recommend Show details ·  2
Tony L.
Tony L.Perth, WA

Great unit

Powerful, quiet and efficient. Best unit ever. Our new Braemar cools the whole Ouse and the family couldn't be happier. Best thing is that it cost so little to run so you can use it all day long. Show details ·  1
Shane G.
Shane G.

Crap system

Crap system water bill tripled. 4 call outs. Thermelec in Perth rude and uncaring. Seeley Head office in Adelaide exactly the same. The absolute worst thing is that there is no after hours emergency call out available?? Turn water off sweat for as long seeley want you to.when they do turn up. No parts available. Seriously seeley. Very poor  Show details
Fruitbat
FruitbatSouth Australia4 posts
Ethan
Ethan2 posts
Francis apap
Francis apapGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Water

I have a Braemar evaporative. IT KEEPS emptying the water every so often when it's on AND also when it's off WHY??????
Wasting too much water ...Its only 3 years old. Show details
Leonie
LeonieCentral West, QLD11 posts

A CONUNDRUM

We have had this air conditioner since February 2016. e have just replaced the pads, water pump & control box.
The pads do not remain wet, even though they are new. Show details
xorstid
xorstidPERTH WA6 posts
Bos
BosGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Cheree H.
Cheree H. · Paradigm LCQ 450 (13.2kW)

In November 2020 I purchased a Braemar Air conditioner through Evaporative Air conditioning specialists. the Model is LCQ 450 and serial number is 00802093.

In November 2021, I received a error message “fault 2” and rang the people who put in the air conditioner. They came to check it and said because it was in warranty, I needed to contact Quality Air conditioner and Heating which I did. They came out and told me it was a solenoid issued and replaced it.

In April 2022, I received the same error message on my air conditioning. I rang Quality Air again and they came out on the 20th April 2022 and replaced the solenoid again. this was only a 6 month gap before I had it replaced.

In March 2023, once again a “fault 2” came up on the control. Quality Air came out on the 28th March 2023 and replaced the solenoid again. This time I was told that they had replaced it with a new type and that this shouldnt happen again.

I have once again received the fault 2 message. This is now the FOURTH time this has happened in an air conditioner that has only been on my roof for 3 years and 3 months. I do not think that this is acceptable.

When I rang today, I was told I would have to wait over a week to have someone come and look at this. I was also told that my warranty will expire next year. Both of these I find unacceptable. Given the frequent occurances of this, I am very concerned of having this ongoing issue when my machine is out of warranty.

I would like you to know how I can go about seeing whether there is a major fault with this unit. I am now at a loss of what to do as this has become beyond ridiculous and not sustainable. I am prepared to speak to consumer affairs or the Ombudsman if this is my only option.

allan b.
allan b.
Noel P.
Noel P. · Paradigm LCQ 450 (13.2kW)

My air con stops and starts within a very short time when I set the temp to a specific temp. Isn't the air con supposed to run a bit longer to take the temp down past the set temp so it doesn't immediately turn back on when the temp rises fractionally above the set temp? It is very annoying at night when it suddenly blasts back into action at full speed and then turns off 30 sec later.

Samantha L.
Samantha L. · Paradigm LCQ 450 (13.2kW)

Is this right? Constant water noise, can’t use it on a night.
Had this until installed 6 weeks ago. Had 3 occasions of using it in Adelaide (30 degrees and under, not humid or too hot) but have to turn off in a night, it’s like Chinese water torture! Constant running/ bubbling water noise whenever it’s switched on. Shame I can’t share video here.

Laurie

It will trickle when in cooling mode over the pads but you shouldn't hear it. I suspect that the dump valve is not fully closing or the float valve is not closing off and the trickle you hear is overflow. call the installer.

Thanks Laurie, have called them

Compare all Braemar Paradigm listings
CategoryDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air ConditionersDucted Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $2,340$1,980$2,180
Features Evaporative Cooler and Wi-Fi Smart ControlEvaporative CoolerEvaporative CoolerEvaporative Cooler
Cooling Power14.1 kW10.2 kW13.2 kW14 kW
Reverse Cycle NoNoNoNo
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)NoNoNoNo
Auto Restart FunctionNoNoNoNo
Weekly TimerYesYesYesYes
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 835 x 1150 x 1150 mm685 x 1150 x 1150 mm835 x 1150 x 1150 mm
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)