Braun Cooltec

Braun Cooltec

CT2CC, CT4 and Ct2

See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

OK

I like the cool feature - but it doesn't do a close shave as I was hoping. Have used better electric shavers that do a close shave. But the cool feature is great for sensitive skin.

Interesting idea, their other shavers still better

The CoolTec is a decent enough shaver however it tends to run about the same speed as some of the old series 3 shavers. In addition it's head doesn't swivel so you have to keep controlling the angle to your face. In short what this means is that you have to go over areas several times to get a decent shave. The head is also quite large and i find it doesn't shave well under my nose, especially as the cooling bar takes away some of the area the other Braun shavers eg series 7 use to pick up hairs that lay flat.

The cooling tech works well and i have had less irritation than with any other shaver, however the shaving experience is far from great. I would recommend the series 7 over the cooltec. The only reason I purchased this was the base to the series 7 died after 3 years, the shaver itself is still in good working order. With heavier stubble i tend to use the 7 over the cooltec due to the poor performance on longer hair with the cooltec.

Good on Braun for innovation, just a shame it doesn't work as well as their other shavers.

A welcome experience

After so many years of using a razor blade I have finally found an electric razor that doesn't burn my skin .
I have used electric razors before , but without fail they all gave me shaving rash . With and without pre-shave and oils I had to return back to blades after trying rotary blade and foil electric razors with all the hassle of claiming back the purchase price , it put me off year after year . I use the shaver shop oil before I shave , rub it in and within a minute or 2 and start shaving . Using the cooling bar in the razor is the reason this thing works for me . The cleaner/charger unit does a great job also , but will increase the cost of running .