Panasonic 5-Blade Wet/Dry

ES-LV65, ES-LV95, ES-LV61, etc...
Listing monitored by Panasonic

Pros

• Produces a clean shave

• Does a fast job

• Gentle on the skin

Cons

• Blades need frequent replacing

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (5)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (0) · No (7)
  • Shave Closeness
  • Battery Life
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave

Ted
TedCentral Queensland, QLD

Moving from razor to electric. Fantastic!

After using a top quality razor for near 35years I thought I should try electric. Now a big part of this reason was that I have very sensitive skin and break out occasionally in a rash. Tried the Panasonic ES-LV65s on a recommendation from a good salesperson at the Shaver shop. I can’t rave enough about this unit. I’m very impressed with the closeness of shave this razor gives. It feels very gentle and is easy to use. Now this is only my experience on my face. This may differ on others but I’ll never go back to a blasé razor now.

Purchased in December 2020 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $249.00.

Hi Ted, Thanks for the great review

thubleau2
thubleau2Hunter Region, NSW

Outstanding

Purchased in September 2020 at AMAZON for $330.00.

Wrinkles11Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not what I was expecting

I thought by paying over $200 I would get a shaver that would shave my face in quicker time and also with a closer shave than my older one.
Perhaps it was because its a foil type that I hadn't used before by no matter how many times I go over my upper lip and on my chin, I still seem to find it hard to get a close shave.
Its battery life is good and its easy to clean but I buy a razor for a good shave and feel I havent go it with this razor.
A bit disappointed.

Purchased in April 2020 at Shaver Shop.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Wrinkles, thanks for your review and sorry you aren't so satisfied with the product. As you suggest this is a different product to a razor, the differences will take sometime to get used to.

tom kinkelMelbourne

Great shaver / charger - cleaner combination

Have found this shave to be much quicker and quieter than my Braun series 7 and the cleaning part of the charger/cleaner dock uses a water based compound much nicer than the Braun spirit based cartridges .Reduced my shaving time by half as well as a closer shave .Very happy

Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for $290.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tom, thanks for taking the time to provide your positive review on your shaver.

tom kinkel

Thanks for taking the time to read my review

Abe
Abe

Bad quality

Purchased in June 2019 for $249.00.

The WORST shaver I have ever had the misfortune to buy.

This is by far the worst electric shaver I have ever bought. Leaves lots of individual hair unshaven on my chin especially stubborn white hair. Even going over the same place several times in different directions does not work. I have to end up pulling them out with tweezers. It's also incredibly difficult to wash out properly as the shaving foils cartridges have incredibly small gaps where hairs get stuck and are impossible to remove. Please DO NOT buy this overpriced, overhyped piece of garbage

Purchased in June 2018.

Tim B
Tim BAdelaide

Only had it 3 days, but so far, best shaver I’ve ever owned

Absolute bargain if you can get it on sale for $250. I’ve been using various Philips shavers for the past 30 odd years, the last one I was never really happy with, I was all set to get a Series 9 Braun when I came across reviews for the Panasonic. To be honest, Panasonic isn’t really a brand that I’d associate with men’s shavers, but boy, I’m glad I got it. Best shave I’ve ever had. Time will tell how well it holds up, but so far very happy.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to provide such great feedback, it's great to hear you took a chance on this shaver and that it far exceeded your expectations.

CHICK
CHICKCoromandel Town

Time saver

After 2 different manufacturers an a 3 blade Panasonic clean shave but 40 mins of rubbing even with gel have found the 5blade clean as shave in 20mins thanx shaver shop excellent service Cheers Ross

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ross, thanks for your great feedback on your shaver and the customer service experience with the shaver shop.

SYED
SYEDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cant go back to razors

I have been using these for 2 years now . So used to this that i cant go back to razor . Closest shave ever. No lines , best shave everytime . Charge last for days if not weeks . Parts easily available at shaver shop. Nill issues whats so ever. Works great with shaving gel/foam

BJ from Belmont
BJ from BelmontVictoria

Panasonic IN, Philips OUT

Used a Philips for past 42 years, over 6 shavers, but their subborn policy of replacing original robust heads with cheap flimsy head and blades on very expensive shavers and their dismissive response was last straw. New Panasonic is great, excellent quality, great shaving results, the closest and best ever. No cheap head and blades this time.

Bruno
BrunoMelbourne

Best shaver I've had

My girlfriend bought this shaver for my birthday does a great job in very short time easy to use easy to clean Just an all-round superstar of shavers excellent value for money

richard
richardFar North Queensland, QLD

Blades lasted 5 months only :(

Ok i purchased this shaver from shavershop because they had a money back guarantee. I was wrapped with it initially and now 5 months down the track the blades are blunt and its terrible. I didnt realise the blades would only last a short time or I wouldnt have purchased it. Happy to replace blades every year at $99 but not twice a year!

Tom
TomMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn't last as promised or guaranteed in the Panasonic Manual

Wary Consumer
Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not worth the premium price

I purchased this shaver in July 2015 because of the, at that point in time, largely rave reviews. I've been using it pretty consistently for 9 months now. It does a very close shave on my face; at least as good as a blade. However I've found it quite patchy on my neck: to the extent that I need to use a safety razor once or twice a week to remove the hair that keeps growing there. It was expensive to buy, and it won't be cheap to replace the parts when they wear out, which probably won't be long. The perfect electric razor is yet to be fashioned!

RokkoSydney, NSW

Built-in obsolescence

johnasked
Multi-Flex 5-Blade Rechargeable ES-LV67

how did you get this shaver for such a cheap price ? The prices I have seen range from $400.00 to $500.00

tom kinkel

It is currently available from Amazon au for $230 dollars .But I would recommend the same shaver with the cleaning station for $313. as the ES-LV95 .The cleaning station is really the best way of cleaning it even though it is easy to wash under tap .The shaver will come from the US and the charger pins , need to be bent or use an adapter

john

Could not find that model on Amazon Au or shaver shop for that price Shaver Shop is over $519.00 and over $600.00 with the cleaning tub and the LV67 is not available on Amazon AU and the LV97 is coming up at over $400.00 . You might be talking about the earlier model ?

Wrinkles11

I brought it from the Savershop here in South Australia. I brought it earlier in the year. Not sure if it was on special or not at the time.

Rokkoasked
5-Blade Wet/Dry ES-LV61

Shaver is almost 3 years old, and quite regularly it becomes rough/vibrates while shaving. It sounds like the motor is speeding up (not as much as when sonic-cleaning but very noticeably). Switching it off/on again fixes it for a while.

I decided to see what was happening by carefully unclipping the shaving head WHILE it was doing this and I could see one of the cutters was vibrating very roughly while the other was still operating smoothly. Wondering if this just due to worn cutters/foil or is there a mechanical reason within the shaver itself?

The cutters/foil ARE due for replacement but I have replaced them several times in the past and don't remember this symptom before with worn parts.

I always keep my last set of parts as a backup just in case so I popped those in and it did the same thing so I suspect the issue is probably in the shaver. If that's the case that would be quite disappointing for the shaver only to have lasted 3 years.

Rokko

So... my question is, has anyone else noticed this with one of these shavers? And if so, do you think it's repairable?
The battery also needs replacement, which apparently is quite easy and would cost about AU$40 if bought online, but I'm reluctant to spend money on a new battery and new cutters, if the shaver itself is on its last legs.

kornel
kornelasked
5-Blade Wet/Dry

HI ,please let me know what is the difference (if any) between ES -LV61 -A and ES-SV61-W

thanks for Your help

best regards
kornel

Beau J.
Beau J.

The difference is the absence of Automatic Cleaning and Charging System with Panasonic ES-LV61. Since Panasonic Arc 5 is fully washable with wet/dry shaving features it is only a matter of convenience while deciding between the two versions. You need to manually clean with ES-LV61 which is not hard at all but even better with automatic cleaning system of ES-LV81.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Features:

• The Panasonic 5-Blade Wet/Dry ES-LV65 Electric Shaver is a foil shaver that has 3 different foil patterns that work together to shave all the different parts of your beard.
  • It has a shaving sensor that can determine different densities in your beard and adjust the power level accordingly to achieve precise, consistent results.
  • The shaver is 100% waterproof, so it can be used wet and dry and with foam or gel, letting you shave your preferred way.
  • The blades of the electric shaver are slightly curved, allowing them to comfortably follow the contours of your face and give a close shave.
  • Nano-polished inner blades make them as sharp as possible, allowing for optimum cutting capabilities and a smooth cut.
  • The shaver has a flexible head that makes going over uneven areas of your skin simple to do.
  • A sonic vibration cleaning mode produces fast vibrations that reduce water splashing while you wash your shaver.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this electric shaver gave a close shave.
  • They also found that they could quickly finish their shave, with some saying that they reduced their shaving time by half compared to other shavers.
  • According to reviewers, it’s also gentle and doesn’t irritate the skin.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that the blades of this electric shaver dulled quickly, and needed more frequent replacing than the product manual stated, making using the shaver inconvenient and less cost-effective than they initially thought it would.
Compare all 5 Panasonic 5-Blade Wet/Dry
CategoryMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric Shavers
Price (RRP)$499$549.95$299