Braun Multiquick 5

MR 530, MR 550, MQ 5037, etc...

Ann

AnnSydney

Worst thing I ever bought.

I had the small size bllender for so long and used it so much that it finally started to break up. I thought this blender having the bigger jug would be better and had a bigger motor. What a joke. It has no Whisk. I can't believe that. You have to buy it extra and the seems to be none around. We have used it twice. The middle pole doesn't always click in and wobbles and only good for beating something small. We have made pancakes with it. Nothing else. Wont beat icing. It has now been marked down as useless. The lid doesn't always sit. No good without a whisk.

I would love to return it as useless and buy the original one. Wasted money and when you are a pensioner with weak hands, the blender should be used a lot.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $139.00.

First one was great, second one a POS

First one lasted for 3 years and was a great tool for the kitchen. Bought the same model and it stopped working right after it was out of it's in the box warranty (3 months into usage)! Manufacturing must have changed. If it works it's great... get the extra long warranty. When we opened it up to repair it it became evident the board was no good and it is designed so you CAN'T easily repair it.

Purchased in July 2020 for $50.00.

Good as far as it goes

This works well for liquidising soup, but the chopper attachment is much less effective and either doesn’t chop or chops into a paste. The older model, not dead, was much better.

Purchased at The Good Guys Online store.

Amrita

AmritaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mayonnaise SPLITS every time

Unfortunately this stick blender is not strong enough to even make mayonnaise. Customer service will no longer reply after I uploaded a video showing proof - at their request. My last Braun I had for nearly 20 years and it was great. Disappointed as I cannot use.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles Group & Myer Gift Card for $170.00.

Jay

JaySydney, NSW

Excellent Product

Has served me for 5 years of moderate use. It is made in Europe. I like the hand held blender and food processor function a lot. If you are buying then make sure it says 'Made in Portugal or something'...That will ensure quality

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for $119.00.

N Nguyen

N NguyenSydney

Decent motor, easy-to-break plastic accessories

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon for $88.00.

Customer 0

Customer 0Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Freeze pod’s colour transferred onto baby food

Everything else is fine but to my horror the colour of the freeze pod appeared in the frozen breast milk. We have cooked food and frozen them in the pods but only noticed it when the content to be frozen is white. So worried about food safety because the colour would transfer and my baby eating chemicals :( the pod lid is also hard to apply, too soft and always opens up elsewhere when I tried to seal it. No good, will try to return the item.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myers.

Grogg

GroggSydney

Motor failed twice, got a refund

This product is not designed to last and the motor is very weak. We rarely used the unit, and one day it failed on us during use. I took it back for a replacement thinking it might have been bad luck, but that too has now failed whilst kneading dough just over a year later. It is a good thing it comes with a two year warranty. I took it back to The Good Guys and got a full refund. Disappointing from Braun, I would have expected better. I notice that it has now been discontinued, so hopefully this issue has been rectified in the newer model. I don't think I will buy Braun again though.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

squalker491AU

Awful build quality, incomplete inventory.

We bought this via GoodGuys click and collect via eBay.

We'd had it a few days when I went to make some mayonnaise and unpacked the box. Discovered that it had been sold to us without the whisk attachment.

Two months ago, I went to use the hand blender to blend some pumpkin soup. It should be an easy task for a 750w motor. The plastic fitting snapped so that stopped working.

Last week I went to blend Basil with Olive Oil in the contained chopper. Again the plastic warped. I have owned a number of blenders and I am experienced in the kitchen so it is not user error.

I will never guy anything from Braun again and also not from the amusingly named GoodGuys.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Derek44

Derek44AU

Very reliable and easy to use

It appears that Braun is changing naming of different almost identical models. The one I bought at JBHiFi is "MQ5137BK", but it looks the same as what is reviewed on this site as "series 7. My previous $25 mixer died after many years of faithfull service, and what difference Braun makes! Adjustable speed (with thumb while operating), feels solid and heavy in my hand, does not vibrate. Good engineering, good assembly (EU, not China!) - highly recommended.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Motor broke down

After about six years of very little usage the blender broke down: the motor runs, but nothing moves. Funny enough exactly the same thing happened to my girlfriend's blender which was the same model. Seems like planned obsolescence... I really have seen much cheaper blenders handle much more work before breaking...

LesleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Earlier Model Good But The Gearbox In The Large Food Processor Bowl Failed

Generally a very good comprehensive and flexible food processing system and the dough maker is a great idea. Unfortunately this model uses a gearbox in the large food processor instead of a direct drive system and it failed while making hummus which was very annoying. Fortunately, it was replaced under the two year warranty so hopefully this one will last.

Maggot Breeder

Sarzie Mac

Sarzie MacSydney

Great multi-purpose kitchen appliance

I've had this product for a few years and it's fantastic. You can change from a small mixing bowl to a much larger one depending on the quantity of food you are processing. There is a whisk attachment and you can also turn it into a stick blender. It has become one of the most useful appliances in my kitchen. Easy to clean and assemble too.

Jeanie Sansom

Jeanie SansomMuswellbrook

Fantastic, long lasting product

I bought mine 11 years ago, initially for baby food and it is still going strong. I have also used it for smoothies (including crushing ice), whipping, hiding many many vegetables ;-), and even have made small batches of gingerbread in it (probably not supposed to!). It is amazing how finely it can process food. I have loved it, and will definitely buy another when it finally dies.

catalitz

catalitzBarcelona

Broke twice in less two years

Jazzyg1234South East Queensland, QLD

Lasted 12 yrs

DeeD

DeeDAU

Poor quality motor, unfortunate for what is known as good brand!

RuthE

RuthEBoort

Broke down twice

After less than a year of use my Braun Multiquick broke down. The engine lost it's power and the blades stopped turning. I sent it away to be repaired and was sent a new one promptly. About six months later the same thing happened. I was very disappointed and though my blender is still under warranty I am in the market for a new blender, one that will last.
When it was working it blended really well and easily. Was easy to clean. Great customer service.
The motor didn't last with constant use. It lost power after less than a year.

gtkatdee

gtkatdeeAU

Although primarily user only uses for mashing potato pumpkin

Identical multiquick "sunbeam" 5 function for price[under $90.00 & snap coupling features: whisk, blend, cut fruit veges, smoothies, mashing [pumpkin for soup] large pot 6l [although cord appliance]
Not cordless like a "braun model".
Still service friendly, multiple speed control, ease cleaning no "nasty bacteria" collecting areas left uncleaned, mentioned in some other model.

Food preparation cannot be left to "ecoli" & other forms bacteria,
Due to design "blender attachments" not being hygienically clean.

We dont use "dish washer" [old school] but hot water/soap,good personal scrub, and "inspection for bits pumpkin etc".
gtkatdee
Reliable inexpensive[compared to our "swiss ba-mix"]