Braun Silk-epil 5185

Braun Silk-epil 5185

3.0

slows down and stops

This epilator has not had a lot of use, it has slowed down and now it has stopped working altogether. I have cleaned it after every use so l can't see that hair is stopped it from rotating. Very disappointed in this product.

Motor slowly dies after a good start

Excellent hair removal and shaving for the first few months. Motor has slowed down so it can only remove one or two hairs every 5 seconds or so. Would not purchase again.

Xena

XenaToronto

Ok

I paid 120 Canadian and didn't last even one year. I've only used it once a month. Prior to this I had a cheaper brand paid 40 and lasted more than a year!!

Epilators

Find out how Braun Silk-epil 5185 compares to other Epilators

TLR

TLRSouth East Queensland, QLD

How to fix the cord issue!

It has been 8 years since I bought a new Epilator - my old one was an Emjoi, and at first I was sorry to see it die.... Not any more! My new Braun is fantastic, heaps faster, more thorough, hurts less, and when I am finished, my skin is not red one tiny bit. At first I had the same cord issues as everyone else, but after Google-ing the problem found out that you simply need to push the cord in really hard - until it clicks! Problem solved!

Louisensw

Good, but not quite there yet.

Jacq
    Jacq

Very dodgy cord socket will not stay in will not purchase another after many years of a previous model

Louise

To the reviewers who suggested to those with dodgy cords to push the cord in hard until it clicks -THAN YOU!!! It worked - almost gave up though thinking it may not apply to mine as you have to push really hard.