Braven BRV-X

Braven BRV-X

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

jimmy

jimmyDowner 2602, ACT

no back up for parts

i bought a braven 855s speaker new 2 years ago not cheap i droped the speaker and damaged the power input board i sent an email to braven usa and asked them could they send me a input board at my cost they said send a photo so i did. they said any electronics repair workshop could repair it in Australia. not the case i talked to a electronics expert and he told me the board was cracked so again i sent an email to braven usa telling them and there reply was we have no parts for this speaker. zero customer service. poor

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Richard

Richard

Perfect for camping

Excellent bluetooth speaker. Battery lasts for 16+ hours. Sound quality is great and the unit is basically indestructible. I have dropped the speakers onto stones, left it out in the rain and still have not had any issues. The indoor and outdoor settings adjust the eq to ensure the music is audible.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Shaunti

ShauntiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not as good as I thought it would be

Heard good things about this little gadget. It's ok. but to listen to house music. or anything deep and bassey, it's just not exciting. The thing that annoys me the most about it is you have to go into your settings every time to connect. and if you disconnect for whatever reason, like getting a call or switching to another speaker, you have to go in and turn it on every time, and then it only works 50% of the time. i've had to "forget device" A LOT.
The > button doesn't do anything. For $100, I'd rather get something with more power, more bass, cleaner sound, and reconnect SMARTLY. PS.... it's 'waterproof', but anyone who's ever had one will attest that the first thing they do is lose the cover!!! :D

Date PurchasedApr 2016
pwiz

pwizADELAIDE

Send it back to USA (no Sydney) for repair - not funny

I was given a Braven BRV-X bluetooth speaker but within 6 months the thing stopped working.
The battery wouldn't take a charge. It wouldn't even turn on when the power was plugged in.
After contacting Braven in USA they agreed to give me a return authorisation, but I have to send it 10,000 miles back to USA (cost $60) and only after they receive it will they decide if I get a free repair or replacement.
Enough said. I won't be choosing or recommending a Braven brand in the future.
They've since said I misunderstood and have an Australian distributor. I wonder how I get on with paying for warranty with them.